Based on Click to view
Artist -Isabella- [gallery]
Time spent 52 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

VOK Valentine Event #15

Postby -Isabella- » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:01 pm

Don't mind me over here on a pastel lion kick...

This lion has quite the impressive mane, and...is that a bird in there? To win this lion tell me how this bird ties into their romantic endeavors (Or failures).

Max of 550 words

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Lion Name:[/b]
[b]Lion Gender:[/b]
[b]Pride: [/b](link to thread)
[b]Pride Status:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

-Medium Mane Edit

End Date: Feb. 24th
Last edited by -Isabella- on Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VOK Valentine Event #14

Postby minifun990 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:21 pm

Username: minifun990
Lion Name: Clea
Lion Gender: Female
Pride: Mystic Isles
Pride Status: Highborn
Prompt:

-Bird makes Clea brave enough to talk to newcomer, Haki
Last edited by minifun990 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“€๐‘’๐‘’๐“… ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”"

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DraconisSumeris » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:44 pm

Mark
DraconisSumeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VOK Valentine Event #15

Postby Runnersback » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:20 pm

Username: Runnersback
Lion Name: Reverie
Lion Gender: Male
Pride: Realms of Lโ€™Oasis Lo
Pride Status: former prince -> throne
Prompt: [439/550]

It was a beautiful dawn, and Reverie couldnโ€™t help but admiring the warmth the sun brought during the transition from the harshest winter to something a bit more tamer. And it seemed his care taker nestled into his mane thought the exact same.

โ€œGood Morning Ethel! How about a delicious breakfast of jungle bugs.โ€ Reverie said with a pure heartfelt purr as the two started toward a log. The lion could have cared less about the bugs but he had promised Ethel when he rescued her that she wouldnโ€™t be prey in his eyes but a friend and he had proved that to her by transitioning his diet to bugs,berries, and herbs.

โ€œSounds wonderful dearie! Just let me stretch my wings.โ€ Ethel chirped politely before stretching her wings as Reverie started clawing his way through the log. Ethel was quite up there in age but she sure did know how to make a mean flower crown and how to groom Reverie.

โ€œYou ready?โ€ Reverie said lying down next to the log and resting his glorious mane next to the bugs.

โ€œReady as I will ever be with my old bones!โ€ The older brown thrush said with a chirp as she slowly hopped her way to the open log and started pecking her way through the bugs. Her favorite had to be the snails after she could clean out the shell she could make delightful little hats out of them.

As the two chowed down, Reverie was completely oblivious to a lioness with reindeer antlers who approached. And as he glanced up he gave her a big grin with assorted bugs stuck in his fangs, which in turn made her howl with laughter and disgust before running off to talk about the sight she had just seen. The lion frowned softly and turned to Ethel,โ€œWhat? I thought my winning smile always worked...โ€ Reverie said with a frown before approaching a pond of water and grinning into it to see what was the matter.

Ethel hopped over to lion after politely wiping her beak clean of the delicious five star meal she was having,โ€œDear Reverie, it does... but she simply isnโ€™t the one for you! You just have to wait and dear you also have bugs in your teeth maybe take a drink of water.โ€ She chirped lovingly before softly patting his paw with her wings. Ethel admired the lions endeavors but she feared that they simply would never get it right.

Reverie frowned before lapping up the water and cleaning his teeth, he had lost his appetite from the second hand embarrassment. But at least he had Ethel with him!
Last edited by Runnersback on Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image๐ŸŽถ RTF ๐ŸŽถ cal-vain ยฉ

๐™ธ ๐š๐š˜๐š•๐š•๐š˜๐š ๐šŽ๐š ๐š–๐šข ๐š‘๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›๐š,
๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š ๐š•๐šŽ๐š ๐š–๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š‹๐šŽ๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š‘."

๐ผ๐“‰โ€™๐“ˆ ๐’ถ ๐“ˆ๐“Œ๐‘’๐‘’๐“‰ ๐“๐’พ๐’ป๐‘’, ๐“๐’พ๐“‹๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐’ท๐“Ž ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“ˆ๐’ถ๐“๐“‰๐“Ž ๐“ˆ๐‘’๐’ถ
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:55 pm

Dropping out ouo Good luck all!
Last edited by Meekins12345 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
โ•”โ•โ•.ยท:ยท.โ˜ฝะผั”ั”ะบฮนฮทั•โ˜พ.ยท:ยท.โ•โ•โ•—
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
.ยท:ยท.
Wanna trade? Check out my
trading group!
Wanna chat or roleplay? PM me! ouo
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
โ•šโ•โ•โ•.ยท:ยท.โ˜ฝโœง โœฆ โœงโ˜พ.ยท:ยท.โ•โ•โ•โ•
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Julius525 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:06 am

Username: Julius525
Lion Name: -
Lion Gender: Male
Pride: Kandadhawo's Pride
Pride Status: -
Prompt:
WIP
Julius525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:10 pm

Username: Clementine Cloud
Lion Name: Pearl
Pride: The Forgotten Vale
Pride Status: Resident of the Vale
Prompt:
All of the birds of the valley were making and finding new nests for the season, and Thrush was no different. But he had procrastinated and now was in a bind, all of the good nest spots were already taken! Every good branch, every good hollow, every good perch, there was nowhere for Thrush to make his nest. Aha! But Thrush was a clever bird, and he saw just the right opportunity when he saw a young pale lion wandering alone. โ€œWhy hello lion, why do you look so sad?โ€ He asked, โ€œWell, all the other lions seem to be finding matches, but I donโ€™t have anybody.โ€ The lioness said with a frown, โ€œI donโ€™t know what iโ€™m doing wrong, Iโ€™m always nice and friendly, but nobody seems interested!โ€ The bird nodded sympathetically. โ€œYes, yes, I know just what you need. You need to grow a mane! A big, fluffy, soft mane. That will surely make you stand out among the crowd!โ€ The lioness looked surprised, but the bird seemed so sure of the idea the lioness nodded enthusiastically โ€œOkay, lets try that! But, I canโ€™t grow a maneโ€ฆโ€ โ€œOh donโ€™t you worry, I know just the person to help you!โ€

The lioness followed the bird as he flew to a little grove sheโ€™d never seen before, inside was an old but powerful cat who sat patiently at the center. โ€œAnd what brings you here cub?โ€ The old cat said, looking the lioness up and down. โ€œWell, the bird here said you could help me grow a mane to attract the other lions.โ€ โ€œHmpf, well I donโ€™t know much about attracting lions, but the mane? That I can do.โ€ The old cat replied, gathering a few herbs together into a leaf and giving it to the lion before her. โ€œJust eat these and over the night youโ€™ll have yourself a mane! Now scram.โ€ The old cat all but shoved the lion and the bird out of her grove.

The lioness sniffed at the bundle of herbs, โ€œAre you sure about this?โ€ She asked the bird, he nodded impatiently. โ€œYes, yes just eat it already!โ€ โ€œAlrightโ€ฆ here goes nothingโ€ฆโ€ The lioness swallowed the herbs in one unpleasant gulp and went to bed, Thrush staying perched above her. In the morning it was true! A giant fluffy mane had grown on her over the night!
โ€œWow! I must show all the other lions, maybe theyโ€™ll like me now!โ€ โ€œYeah yeah, whatever, but since I helped you, itโ€™s partly my mane too.โ€ Thrush said, flying down and settling himself in her new mane. The lion didnโ€™t mind, and she excitedly went and paraded herself through the land showing all the other lions her new look. She was met withโ€ฆ mixed results, most of the lions just looked at her with surprise or confusion, but some seemed even more put off than before.

โ€œThis didnโ€™t work at all! Everyone hates my mane, this made things worse!โ€ The lioness wailed. โ€œNot everyone! My bird friends are rather jealous of my new nest.โ€ Thrush said with a chuckle. โ€œYou did this all for yourself didnโ€™t you?โ€ โ€œPerhaps.โ€ But little did Thrush know, he had nestled into her mane too soon, before the growth had finished. He was just as stuck with it as she was. [549/550]
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:49 pm

Username: bmkmb
Lion name: Chiming of the Bells | Bell's Chiming | ("Belle")
Lion gender: male
Pride: The Pride
Pride status: (Royal Barber) "Manemaster"
Prompt:

The white lion bickered with his little thrush friend as they waited for the next client to walk through the door. โ€œI am telling you, there is nothing like seeing the love on couplesโ€™ faces!โ€ Chiming of the Bells declared. The bird seemed to roll its eyes and huff. โ€œOh, you and your ego. I speak the truth! Love isโ€”

His declaration was cut short as a strange-looking feline padded inside. The wind chimes, theyโ€ฆ well, chimed as the familiar pelt entered.

โ€œMelakne!โ€ Belle greeted his friend thoroughly. โ€œA pleasure to see you. What brings the maneless lion to my famous barber shop?โ€

The stitched lion replied with the complex motion of a paw and the appearance of a pile of boxes. โ€œBelle, my old friend, it seems that I am in need of your assistance.โ€

โ€œOf course, of course!โ€ Belle agreed. โ€œWhat is it? Organizing your inventions again? Brainstorming?โ€

Now, as the two lions engaged in deep conversation, the bird in the white lionโ€™s mane flapped his wings and rose up into the air. Belle, his nest, and Melakneโ€ฆ the visitor. They went together like two birds of the same feather; if not for their shared gender, they most certainly wouldโ€™ve been mates by now.

But then, the thrush realized. Lions were not bound by their gender; oh, not at all. Not like other animals. They cared more about their own happiness than reproducing and creating the strongest heirs.

The thrush, who lacked a name, flew around in circles in the shop before alighting on a streamer looping around near the ceiling. Red, pink, and white. Hideous colors in his opinion, but it made his living nest glad, so he could stand it for one special day.

Ohโ€ฆ he knew exactly what to do in order to cure his boredom! With a smirk on his beak (which was rather strange since birds lacked the ability to smirk), the thrush flew off. He grabbed that streamer and pulled, much like he would a worm. The decoration fell without much effort as his nest had tied it quite loosely. Then, the thrush began the complicated task of flying around and around; higher then lower than higher and down into something of a spadeโ€ฆ lions called it a โ€œheartโ€ shape if he recalled it correctly.

And then, the thrush (for he was an intelligent thrush) took his nestโ€™s favorite device (a โ€œpaintbrushโ€), dipped it in red berry juice, and frantically scribbled all over his white nestโ€™s pelt.

โ€œGoodness!โ€ Belle exclaimed, and Melakneโ€™s ears turned bright red. Bemused, Belle prompted, โ€œWhat is it, my friend?โ€

โ€œIt saysโ€ฆโ€

โ€œYes? What did my nestling write on my pelt?โ€

Meekly, Melakne blurted, โ€œBelle x Melakne plz get married.โ€

...for a moment, there was silence.
โ€œOh dear,โ€ Belle sighed. โ€œIโ€ฆ apologize. In the past, I...โ€

Melakne interrupted him, โ€œIf I said that Iโ€ฆโ€

The thrush chirped impatiently.

โ€œI adore you!โ€ both lions admitted simultaneously before taking on a pinkish tint.

And the thrush smirked. Mission accomplished!
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:06 pm

Clementine Cloud wrote:Username: Clementine Cloud
Lion Name: Pearl
Pride: The Forgotten Vale
Pride Status: Resident of the Vale
Prompt:
-snip-

Winner! This made me laugh, I loved the idea of the bird being such a sneak!
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:35 pm

Congrats, Clementine Cloud! I agree with -Isabella-; Thrush's ulterior motives were fun to read about.
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me