Based on Click to view
Artist apricott [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Omens #42

Postby apricott » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:41 am

Welcome to Omens!
Omens is a warrior cats based ARPG ( adopts role play game ). Apply for a founder, build your clan. complete quests and embark on thrilling prophecies. spawn your next generation of warriors. your clan, your rules ! choose from a short, medium, or long furred cat as your founder! explore the world of omens and cultivate your clan

This cat is an adopt owned by Shuurock
This cat may not be traded until 18/11/2020

To adopt them, describe how they react to getting dirty.
Do they have any habits to not get dirty, or do they prefer to stay dirty for some reason?
Max. 300 words

Ends on October 18th or first post of page two.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b]

Username: Shuurock
    Cat Name: Adderfang
    Clan: Stormclan

Description: classic sandy-golden tabby with light blue eyes
    Edits: standard medium fur, NR whiskers
Last edited by apricott on Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
apricott

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Omens #42

Postby Shuurock » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:28 am

Username: Shuurock
Cat Name: Adderfang
Clan: Stormclan
Prompt:
Hunting is all about becoming invisible to your prey and avoiding being sensed. Adderfang is one of the top hunters in Stormclan, but that doesn't mean he has the most orthodox methods…

Adderfang walked along with Russetfire by his side, the two were heading out on a quick hunting excursion. His eyes darted around looking for something very specific until he found it, a perfect puddle of semi-dry mud. Prancing over he rolled himself down into it and covered his pelt in the mud.

“Oh Adderfang… come on, do you gotta do that every time you go hunting? It’s a pain to clean you know!” Russetfire complained, because it was almost always him that would have to clean up camp from his mess.

“Nothing to worry about Russetfire. Don’t you know you have to mask your scent from your prey? It’s a miracle you catch anything without it.” finally standing up Adderfang was covered head to toe with mud, his stripes nearly unrecognizable.

“I catch prey just fine thanks. I think about where my scent is traveling thanks to the wind and rely on my stalking skills.”

Adderfang looked down at his feet, submerged in the mud, “But what fun is that?”

(202 words)
Last edited by Shuurock on Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shuurock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberryjelly » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:05 am

Username: CloudDraws16
Cat Name: Oakwhisper
Clan: Northern Tribe
Prompt:
Wip- puts it on his face as a mask when sneaking to the twoleg dock
val | she/her | Fallen Light | hi ! call me valerie :) an animal lover, farming game enthusiast. i'm not on here much anymore but feel free to shoot me a pm if you have any questions.

<- click for image credit
strawberryjelly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby woes » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:45 am

Username: woebegone
Cat Name: Boarpaw [Boarstep]
Clan: Juniperclan
Prompt: He lives for stomping around in mud puddles but he is very particular about it- he doesn't mind dirty paws, but the rest of him has to stay clean!
woes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby weegeestar5 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:15 am

Username: weegeestar5
Cat Name: fawnleap
Clan: the celestial nomads
Prompt:
"Oh, I am NOT going outside."
The tom's dusty brown fur was fluffed up in annoyance as he glanced upwards.
The moon was covered by stormclouds; rain poured onto the camp.
Mistmoon looked exasperated.
"It's just a bit of rain," they meowed peacably, "You can't avoid it."
Fawnleap rolled their eyes, tail lashing.
"It's not the rain I'm worried about,it's the mud.If I don't go outside then I can't get dirty." He mewed pointedly. Mistmoon narrowed their eyes thoughtfully.
"Okay... But you'll get dirty sooner or later anyway...?" They replied; head tilted.
"I can avoid it for as long as possible." He snorted; tail flicking.
Mistmoon shook their head. "Why do you want to avoid it so badly?" They asked.
"Because...!" He sprang to his paws, fur bristling, before looking down at the ground. He looked thoughtful for a few seconds before sitting down with a sigh. "Because it's all I have."
"What do you mean?"
He looked up at them. "My looks are all I have. I don't have powers, and I'm not that great at hunting or fighting... But I get complimented on how my fur looks! So I have to keep clean, so that I always look nice. Otherwise... What am I?" He meowed; shuffling his paws.
"What you are is insecure." Mistmoon meowed, though not unkindly, "I think you may need a few talking sessions with the Healer."
He sighs. "I think you're right. Thanks Mistmoon." He turned back to the den. "I'm still not going outside though."

[ 253 words ]

ImageImageImageImage
art by me, avatar by scolipede. //
check out my comic!
-x-x-x-
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ ᴍᴇ

-x-x-x-

and i want a moment to be real
wanna touch things i don't feel
want to hold on and feel i belong
and how can the world want me to change?
they're the ones that stay the same
they don't know me
cause i'm not here

-x-x-x-

ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴇʀᴇ
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
weegeestar5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Only_Sky » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:12 pm

Username: Only_Sky
Cat Name: Claypelt
Clan: Fenclan
Prompt:

As one might expect, living in wetlands can be quite messy. Each day, fen walkers wade through the shallows, patiently waiting for unsuspecting fish to swim just within reach before snatching them up, some will spend time digging up the silt and mud for grubs and shellfish, while others may pick the drier option of stalking the land for birds or mammals. In any case, the cats of Fenclan always return home either dusty or mucky.

Claypelt holds a lot of pride for his duties, and so would do anything in order to help his clanmates. Mucky paws, caked legs and dusty fur isn't a bother, it's all part of life in the wetlands and is easily cleaned up with a good swim in the lakes, rubbing against a tree or bush, and a decent groom.

Personally, Claypelt isn't bothered by getting dirty, it's a pretty normal thing that occurs on a day to day basis. Though he knows some cats hate it, he can only wonder why a cat would be so offended by a bit of dirt. More often than not, Claypelt will return home a muddied mess, much to the distaste of others.

However, he has a short routine for the end of each day, consisting of soaking in the pool outside camp, scraping the mud from his fur, and then rubbing himself against a tree to get most of the excess off. He doesn't turn out spotless, but any leftover spots of mud can be easily plucking out or groomed, however any dustiness really isn't worth his breath, after all, next morning he'll be back in the shallows, muddying his pelt again.

Isn't that fitting? Claypelt, the cat with a constantly muddy pelt.
Last edited by Only_Sky on Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Only_Sky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby A Kitty LM » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:40 pm

Username: A Kitty LM
Cat Name: Reed Stalk
Clan: Tribe of Burning Sands
Prompt: Like most of the tribe, Reed loves getting dirty - the less of a cats fur you can see, the safer they are! However, instead of the usual mud-and-dirt that the rest of his den-mates prefer, he chooses to roll around in the natural chalk deposits instead, paling the dark stripes of his fur to near invisibility.
A Kitty LM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:43 pm

Username: ataraxic_king
    Cat Name: bronzeheart
    Clan: esperclan
    Prompt:
    The small spring of water dribbled down the surface of the cliff face, only the purest of water would do. Bronze extended a paw and ran it under the dripping water. An exhale left their body as the cool liquid ran over their paws and washed away the unseen junk of the day. It was just the paws that needed to be clean, the subject to touching every inch of earth that they travelled, always dirtied only for this small spring of water to wash away the ill of the day. Waiting for a long moment they slowly retracted the extended paws from the water, wobbling slightly to raise their paws to lick off the clean water and then, once that was done, stand to leave. Things would be okay now, the stress having left their body, no more fear remaining in their body after having washed away the germs- having washed away the sins. Water purified, after all, water cured all, water could wash away the dirt and the wrongs and the evil. Dirt was evil after all, it had to be. [183]
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allynabean » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:27 pm

Username: allynabean
    Cat Name: moth on tree branch
    Clan: mossclan
    Prompt: [300 words]
      not only does moth on tree branch not mind- some would say, even enjoys- being dirty, with dust and dirt and sand and mud coating her fur, it's been useful for her as well. before moth came to mossclan, she lived outside the forest, outside the haven, near the wastes. out there, covering her distinctive markings in mud both kept her hidden from predators- of which there were many- and helped mask her scent. it was survival, learned from her mother and a habit kept even now. and while it may have been a necessity that she no longer needs, safe in the forest, she wouldn't dare stop dirtying her fur. it's a security blanket, some would guess, a protective layer between herself and the outside world.
      even if she didn't want to continue to cover her fur in dirt, muddying the dark stripes, her aversion to water wouldn't help her get clean. she could bathe herself, or share tongues with others, yes, but there's a certain amount of dirt that after you've been carrying so long takes a deeper clean to wash away. and if moth could help it, she would avoid rain and bodies of water at all costs. it's not that she doesn't know that they're clean (well, the water, not the rain- even in the forest the burning rains seem to still happen), it's just... instinct, she guesses. don't get in the water, there's things in there that can and will eat you, you'll get sick, the water is tainted. seeing the clear, blue, clean pools of water- even the ones right by the camp- is still so strange to her, she doesn't know if she could handle actually getting in it. so, muddied her fur will stay, and she's quite alright with that, thank you.
╔══════════════════╗
ally || she/they || adult
╚══════════════════╝
╔══════════════════╗
stars || fcats || moonclan
╚══════════════════╝
art by nio

Image Image Image
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birchii » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:15 pm

Username: Birchii
Cat Name: Ahtis
Clan: Evenrift
Prompt: Ahtis is simply neutral about his cleanliness. He'll do a daily groom, but he has bigger and more important things on his mind than being spotless or getting as mucky as possible, such as keeping tabs on his mentees or what his next meal will be. If he feels the dirt or mud is bogging his pelt down then he'll tackle the challenge, but it's not uncommon to see Ahtis scribbling away in his book with dirt smudged across his face and a leaf or two in his fuzzy tail. Filth being on his fur is simply no big deal either way.
Birchii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me