Based on Click to view
Artist Meowdle [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

SFA - #0069 - Burmilla

Postby Meowdle » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:27 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Shelter For Angels, Pet Adoption Agency- thats what we're all about! We try to give pets found on the streets or in tough situations a second chance at happiness through forms and filing to see who fits with who best. Some slip through our hands and decide to take their lives out into the wilds, but we always at the least have tried to help them. Come give some of these furry friends a new home to stay in! ♥

Pet's Shelter Story wrote:This "big-boned" kitty was a stray that lived near an Italian restaurant, eating any leftovers that were thrown out into the trash. This cat-burglar was soon caught and sent to the shelter to find a loving new home!

This pet cannot be traded or gifted until 08/27/2020.

END DATE - 07/08/2020

Prompt - Tell me a story involving this cat's favorite food. Within the story, make sure to mention why that food is its favorite.
Code: Select all
[b]Username -[/b]
[b]Name -[/b]
[b]Gender -[/b]
[b]Storage Thread -[/b]
[b]Pet or Stray? -[/b] Pet/Stray
[b]Collar/Harness -[/b]
[b]Prompt -[/b]

BASIC INFORMATION -
    Owner - Placebo
    Storage Thread - Auke Hummocks
    Pet or Stray? - Pet

Name - Weekend
    Gender - Male
    Collar/Harness - Leather Chevron Collar the same color as his eyes
    Breed - Burmilla
    Coat - blue ticked tabby with silver shading
      Phenotype -
      LL/ww/ss/CC/BB/dd/dmdm/EE/A'A'/TaTa/II/Wbwb
      Breeding Notes - N/A
    Sire - FOUNDATION
    Dam - FOUNDATION
      Littermates - None
LINEAGE INFORMATION -
------------------------------------------ SSS: FOUNDATION
----------------- SS: FOUNDATION
------------------------------------------ SSD: FOUNDATION
Sire: FOUNDATION
------------------------------------------ SDS: FOUNDATION
----------------- SD: FOUNDATION
------------------------------------------ SDD: FOUNDATION

------------------------------------------ DSS: FOUNDATION
----------------- DS: FOUNDATION
------------------------------------------ DSD: FOUNDATION
Dam: FOUNDATION
------------------------------------------ DDS: FOUNDATION
----------------- DD: FOUNDATION
------------------------------------------ DDD: FOUNDATION

Last edited by Meowdle on Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
──

──
───────
L I N K S
╭──────
dA: x & x
toyhou.se
Art Fight
Twitter
Pinterest
Listography

──────╯
───────
Hi, I'm Meowdle!
she/her
demi/pan
college student

I am going to be busy during weekdays, so I might not be able to get back to you/finish things until the weekend. Sorry about that! ;u;

Update 11/29/19: At this time, please do not ask me for commissions. I may occasionally make posts offering free art, however. :3
Meowdle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SFA - #0069 - Burmilla

Postby Placebo » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:54 pm

Username - Placebo
Name - AHK Live and Love || Weekend
Gender - Male
Pet or Stray? - Pet
Prompt -

The sardines were seen as a compromise.

Things got real rough, real fast for both the cat and his human. Gone were the days where he could expect the most decadent meats to be set on his plate. Rich, red cutlets that fell apart under his sharp teeth and cold shrimp to compliment the hotter days spent lazing with his owner... Weekend truly felt blessed.

But... sometimes lonely as well. His owner wasn’t around too much, in those days. Always busy outside of their territory, for whatever reason. It made him irritated on his low days.

That was, until things started to fall apart. His human came back one day, stress souring the undertones of her earthy smell under her light perfume (always to his benefit- her old perfume made him sneeze up a small gale) and... it never really got better.

Each day, he saw her walk through their doors a little bit more haggard, her sharp paw coverings striking just a bit harder on the tile, her removable pelt (usually so immaculate, single-shaded, striking) that much more rumpled.

This wouldn’t do. This was his human! His to protect and aid. He tried his best to identify her issue.

She wasn’t dirty- the few times he tried to clean her odd pelt, it didn’t do much. But it did sweeten her scent with amusement.

She wasn’t lonely- or at least, she wasn’t longing for his company. He was still welcomed gladly into her arms, but her joy was short-lived.

She wasn’t hungry, either- the birds, and in one proud moment, a rabbit, almost bigger than he was, that he brought back to her only made her scent sharpen in disgust, and she merely took his efforts to feed her in bemusement. He would settle for nothing less than the finest bird for her— ah, right, he forgot. His human doesn’t eat birds. Or redded meat. Or fish. Or food from the sea... Not even the ones other humans eat.

And he’s never seen her fancy a rabbit, either.

Well, it wasn’t any of that. But despite his efforts, she remained slowed. And she continued to tire as the days passed.

And though he was more consumed with worry about his human, he noticed his food started to differ as well. Less fine cuts. Less fresh fish, and food from the sea.

He had to put his foot down when she brought him home pellets, of all things! He loved her dearly, but this was unlike her! He would’ve had to resort to hunting on his own at this rate!

He was quick to turn his nose up at these... pellet-things. Thankfully, she knew his cues, just as he knew hers.

And her cues spoke to something more disheartening than he realized. Though he knew little of his human’s tongue, his reaction to her pellets brought her sorrow! He didn’t intend this. He was quick to assuage her worries with a purr and cuddle, and she returned it immediately. He still wouldn’t eat the pellets, but he wouldn’t make her unhappy either.

The day after, she brought something different back. It was an odd fish. Bit gamey, and definitely not very high quality.

But, she let him eat from her fingers. It brought back good memories of his time as a scrappy young thing, barely clinging to life. He fed from her fingers then, too.

The taste reminded him of food from those days as well.

Ah, he remembered now. Sardines.

He still didn’t quite get why her offerings to him changed so drastically, but the way she offered the food to him made something curious bloom in his chest. It made him far more at ease about what came after.

He had to relinquish their territory he spent 8 season cycles establishing as his own. It was.. a blow, to be sure, but he’s follow his human anywhere. Who else would protect her but he?

His new dominion was much smaller. But, he counted it a win, despite the season of upheaval. He saw his human more than ever before. He could purr in her lap more. Watch over her better as well. She was no longer distant to him.

He never got to taste those fine offerings from her again, but the sardines, now mixed with other odd squishy meats, was a welcome favorite of his now. In many ways, far better than any red meat, or fish of the sea.

It reminded him why he loved his human so. Why he protected her so fiercely, just as she protected him all those seasons ago.

Last edited by Placebo on Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Froot_Loop_Waffle » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:46 am

Username - Galloper Ranch
Name - Pia
Gender - Female
Storage Thread - https://toyhou.se/GalloperRanch
Pet or Stray? - Pet
Collar/Harness - Collar: Yellow with silver gems or a lady and the tramp collar (your choice)
Prompt - Spaghetti! A year and quarter before her capture, Pia couldn't help but spot a bright box with moving images on it. It was a tv, but of course Pia didn't know. She tried climbing up on the window sill, staying anonymous behind the curtain to watch the mysterious object. The family was watching 'Lady and the Tramp'. As much as Pia was fond of dogs sometimes, she wondered what the long yellow strings were that the two canines ate together. Pia couldn't find any male cats, as she would often find herself fantasizing about getting a mate. The movie made her wonder if she ever will get one...Apart from that, she would go to the Italian Restaurant called "SAPORI D’ITALIA" quite often to scavenge and fill her empty tummy. The time after she saw the spaghetti, she looked for hours to find the spaghetti in the trash. Until she found some, every time she eats the spaghetti, she would think about the movie and one day find herself doing the same with her future mate.

(edited as I wrote her name wrong)
x
x
was previously Galloper Ranch & ♥ Blossom ♥ 🌿 she/her |
toyhou.se/GalloperRanch | nothing here atm! | ©
Froot_Loop_Waffle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby /nyx. » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Username - bmkmb
Name - Salmon
Gender - female
Storage Thread - Firelight Mansion
Pet or Stray? - Pet
Collar/Harness - pale yellow collar with white stripes
Prompt -

Every day, a man would come out and dump leftovers into one of the three trashcans lined up in the alleyway. Every day, a large, grey cat would wait in the shadows for the man to leave, then raid the bins for whatever edible bits of food she could find. Every day, unbeknownst to both man and cat, a young dog would watch them, slowly building up the courage to speak to the cat.

Today was the day that he would make his presence known.
. . .

The grey molly scowled as she scaled a pile of bricks, preparing to dive-bomb into a silver, smelly bin. While the stench was near unbearable even on the best of days, if not for the food it held, she would've starved to death moons ago. She was just about to jump into the bin when she caught a whiff of an uncommon scent: dog.

Craning her head, the molly spied a young canine with an amazing-smelling thing in his maw. The pup set the mysterious object down and the cat, unable to control herself, leapt down from her vantage point and pointed her tail at the delicious-scented thing.

"What is that?" the molly asked.

"This?" the pup motioned questioningly. At the feline's nod, he continued, "This is a peace offering."

"A peace offering," the she-cat echoed.

"Yes; it's fish. I have been... watching you for a few sunrises, now. May I ask your name?"

Tilting her head, the molly replied, "A name? I don't have one." She was more concerned about the fish. The grey tabby had never seen one before and it smelled irresistibly delicious. Much better than leftovers, anyhow. Almost reluctantly, she took a bite and a sensational flavor filled her tongue. Swallowing, a pang of hunger left her. It was delicious, life-saving. She wanted more.

The dog watched in amusement, then barked softly, "You need not live here. My owner is a good one. She can bring you to a place where they will feed and care for you."

"There's more?" the feline asked, her eyes lightning up. Despite living here, she cared little about this stinky alleyway. It wasn't her... home.

"Yes, there is," the canine confirmed. "Come with me. You will also need a name."

"What's it called?" the molly questioned. "The thing that I ate?"

The dog stood up and turned to leave. "Fish. Specifically, salmon."

"Then I'll come and hope that your owner can find me a good home." Following after the dog, she meowed, "And, dog? I... I think I want my name to be 'Salmon'."

And so, Salmon it was.
/nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meowdle » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:26 am

bump!
──

──
───────
L I N K S
╭──────
toyhou.se
Art Fight
Twitter
Pinterest
Listography

──────╯
───────
Hi, I'm Meowdle!
she/her
demi/pan
college student

I am going to be busy during weekdays, so I might not be able to get back to you/finish things until the weekend. Sorry about that! ;u;

Update 11/29/19: At this time, please do not ask me for commissions. I may occasionally make posts offering free art, however. :3
Meowdle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meowdle » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:39 pm

I'm going to extend this to the 16th, so you have about one more week to enter!
──

──
───────
L I N K S
╭──────
toyhou.se
Art Fight
Twitter
Pinterest
Listography

──────╯
───────
Hi, I'm Meowdle!
she/her
demi/pan
college student

Meowdle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meowdle » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:09 am

Today's the last day to enter/finish up forms!! c:
──

──
───────
L I N K S
╭──────
toyhou.se
Art Fight
Twitter
Pinterest
Listography

──────╯
───────
Hi, I'm Meowdle!
she/her
demi/pan
college student

Meowdle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meowdle » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:19 pm

Placebo wrote:Username - Placebo
Name - AHK Live and Love || Weekend
Gender - Male
Pet or Stray? - Pet
Prompt -

The sardines were seen as a compromise.

Things got real rough, real fast for both the cat and his human. Gone were the days where he could expect the most decadent meats to be set on his plate. Rich, red cutlets that fell apart under his sharp teeth and cold shrimp to compliment the hotter days spent lazing with his owner... Weekend truly felt blessed.

But... sometimes lonely as well. His owner wasn’t around too much, in those days. Always busy outside of their territory, for whatever reason. It made him irritated on his low days.

That was, until things started to fall apart. His human came back one day, stress souring the undertones of her earthy smell under her light perfume (always to his benefit- her old perfume made him sneeze up a small gale) and... it never really got better.

Each day, he saw her walk through their doors a little bit more haggard, her sharp paw coverings striking just a bit harder on the tile, her removable pelt (usually so immaculate, single-shaded, striking) that much more rumpled.

This wouldn’t do. This was his human! His to protect and aid. He tried his best to identify her issue.

She wasn’t dirty- the few times he tried to clean her odd pelt, it didn’t do much. But it did sweeten her scent with amusement.

She wasn’t lonely- or at least, she wasn’t longing for his company. He was still welcomed gladly into her arms, but her joy was short-lived.

She wasn’t hungry, either- the birds, and in one proud moment, a rabbit, almost bigger than he was, that he brought back to her only made her scent sharpen in disgust, and she merely took his efforts to feed her in bemusement. He would settle for nothing less than the finest bird for her— ah, right, he forgot. His human doesn’t eat birds. Or redded meat. Or fish. Or food from the sea... Not even the ones other humans eat.

And he’s never seen her fancy a rabbit, either.

Well, it wasn’t any of that. But despite his efforts, she remained slowed. And she continued to tire as the days passed.

And though he was more consumed with worry about his human, he noticed his food started to differ as well. Less fine cuts. Less fresh fish, and food from the sea.

He had to put his foot down when she brought him home pellets, of all things! He loved her dearly, but this was unlike her! He would’ve had to resort to hunting on his own at this rate!

He was quick to turn his nose up at these... pellet-things. Thankfully, she knew his cues, just as he knew hers.

And her cues spoke to something more disheartening than he realized. Though he knew little of his human’s tongue, his reaction to her pellets brought her sorrow! He didn’t intend this. He was quick to assuage her worries with a purr and cuddle, and she returned it immediately. He still wouldn’t eat the pellets, but he wouldn’t make her unhappy either.

The day after, she brought something different back. It was an odd fish. Bit gamey, and definitely not very high quality.

But, she let him eat from her fingers. It brought back good memories of his time as a scrappy young thing, barely clinging to life. He fed from her fingers then, too.

The taste reminded him of food from those days as well.

Ah, he remembered now. Sardines.

He still didn’t quite get why her offerings to him changed so drastically, but the way she offered the food to him made something curious bloom in his chest. It made him far more at ease about what came after.

He had to relinquish their territory he spent 8 season cycles establishing as his own. It was.. a blow, to be sure, but he’s follow his human anywhere. Who else would protect her but he?

His new dominion was much smaller. But, he counted it a win, despite the season of upheaval. He saw his human more than ever before. He could purr in her lap more. Watch over her better as well. She was no longer distant to him.

He never got to taste those fine offerings from her again, but the sardines, now mixed with other odd squishy meats, was a welcome favorite of his now. In many ways, far better than any red meat, or fish of the sea.

It reminded him why he loved his human so. Why he protected her so fiercely, just as she protected him all those seasons ago.

You win! Your prompt was very well-written -- I could easily tell what was going on without it being explicitly stated. I can tell that a lot of thought and character development was put into this ^^ Enjoy!! <3

I'll do my best to get the collar done soon c:
──

──
───────
L I N K S
╭──────
toyhou.se
Art Fight
Twitter
Pinterest
Listography

──────╯
───────
Hi, I'm Meowdle!
she/her
demi/pan
college student

Meowdle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:58 pm

!!! th ank u meowdle i absolutely adore this dude ;v; this round,, perfect boy will be very much loved mark my words

i went about reworking the plot of the drabble twice so I'm glad u liked the final outcome!! i feel super blessed to own this prim little man
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me