Artist Micki. [gallery]
Time spent 46 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Buttermilks #845-847

Postby Micki. » Sun May 31, 2020 6:26 pm

x
    in honor of sea lion day !!

these moos appearances and possible edits (up to uc) will be determined by the winning forms <3

huh.... seal lions ??? while looking for this moo you stumble on a colony of sea lions doing their thing. I wonder where the moo could be? they seem to be hiding away from you !! for this competition, tell me where the moo is hiding and why !! you may use art or words - min sketch for art, min 100 words for writing. no max limits bc too tired to think of any sdlfjsdl

UPDATE: (05/31/20)
    in response to some questions here are some clearer guidelines !!

1. you may do art, writing, or both for your answer !!
    2. you can have up to one extra (300 words or 1 art piece, moodboard, etc.)
    3. prettying up is allowed !!

Code: Select all
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Gender:[/b] dfab
    [b]Prompt:[/b]

ends june 7th @ 11:59pm est !!
Last edited by Micki. on Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    x
    Micki • she / her • slytherin • shy n stressed
    young adult • college student • EST timezone

BLM donation adopts !!

sig forever a wip bc lazy
Micki.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Buttermilk #845

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Sun May 31, 2020 6:28 pm

marrrrrk omg!!

╔══════════════════════════════╗
When you become untouchable,
you're unable to touch.

╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hello! Oats/Dante, He/They
Psych, Video games, Art, Anime
Links: Baltics, Toyhouse, DA
Sig insp: Midas

╚═════════════════════════╝

honeybunchesofoats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♔Voltaire♔ » Sun May 31, 2020 6:29 pm

Mark 💜
xxx

────
══════
───────────
══
═══════════
────
═══════════

sig cred
───────────
════
─ - Mason Jennings

♔Voltaire♔

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Buttermilks #845-847

Postby BadgerBuddies » Sun May 31, 2020 6:31 pm

*feral mode activating* mARKING
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Sun May 31, 2020 6:32 pm

Username: DarkestWerewolf
Name: Venus
Prompt: Simple art

Aphrodite! Come on! Where did you go?”

“Venus! Where are you?”

Distant calls of her name could be heard over the rolling plains. The buttermilk in question had wondered off on her own - once again. She turned in the general direction of the barn and before heading down a narrow path that led to the beach. Aphrodite stood at the edge of the plains, looking over the beach. Aphrodite scanned the beach, looking for someone. A sigh escaped her lips as nothing came into sight. She decided to head down the beach. Aphrodite was searching for Venus - a fellow bovine that had left earlier that morning. Venus wasn’t one who would wonder off without telling anyone so Aphrodite decided to take a breather from the barn and wonder off to find her as well. The pair usually came hand in hand, they were like two peas in a pod. Both extremely beautiful too.

As she wondered along the shore, she came across a small cluster further up along the beach. She gingerly approached it, curious to get a better look. As the distance between the Aphrodite and the huddled group closed, a head stuck out from amongst the cluster; a sea lion. Soon, all 6 heads turned and looked at her, eyes filled with curiosity. She perked up a bit, observing the cluster as she halted her steps. Silence filled the air as both exchanged glances, determining if either were friend or foe.

Eventually, Aphrodite sighed and settled down on the beach, lying in the sand. The sea lions took it as a sign that she isn’t a predator and slowly approached her, sniffing and inspecting all around her. Their whiskers tickled her face as they tried to get closer. Eventually, they all huddled around the bovine, and laid in the sand with her. All of them wanting to continue with their nap. One sea lion was even brave enough to rest its head on Aphrodite’s back. She didn’t mind the unusual company at all and was actually very happy about it.

She smiled at her new found friends. However, she still needed to find one of her friends. She aimlessly talked out loud.

“So the reason why I’m on the beach is to look for a friend. You all wouldn’t happen to know another cow who walked by? Beautiful girl with shining eyes?” She said.

It felt ridiculous to ask the sea lions but just as she was about to stand and leave, one of the sea lions let out a low bark. They communicated for a while before the little group started racing across the shore. Aphrodite stood up, surprised by their sudden change. The last sea lion looked back at Aphrodite, barking at her, as if urging her to follow. Well, she has nothing better to do and no leads so maybe following them won’t be of much harm. She hurried and followed them. They stood outside a small cave, silently staring at it as a small little “moo” echoed out. A smug smile found its way onto Aphrodite’s face.

“Alright princess, why’re you hiding in this cave for?”

“W-Well...you see.....I’m afraid of sea lions. They wouldn’t let me out of this cave.” Venus replied.

She snorted at her reply but reassured her that they wouldn’t do any harm. It took a lot of convincing before Venus eventually came out of hiding.

“You’re a beautiful cow and yet, you have the bravery of a potato chip.”

“I wanted to just relax by the beach and maybe pick some seashells. Then all of a sudden, the group just started waddling towards me. I didn’t know what to do. I thought I had invaded their territory so I ran and hide. Thankfully they didn’t chase me into the cave, they just stood outside and peered in while barking. However, they would’ve definitely be able to fit if they wanted to do so...” Venus huffed, whispering the last sentence.
Last edited by DarkestWerewolf on Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:23 am, edited 7 times in total.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ZeroToInfinity » Sun May 31, 2020 7:00 pm

mark
We're a system. We will most often sign off with who's fronting.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ZeroToInfinity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winter Shores » Sun May 31, 2020 7:17 pm

Username: Winter Shore
Name: TBD
Prompt:
Human POV: You stand there looking over all the sea lions, the thick glass of your goggles protecting your face from the icy wind. You had received a call that stated there had been a buttermilk spotted in Antarctica. You had wondered how a buttermilk could make its way to Antarctica. Had it traveled on a ship to obtain access to this forsaken icy desert? Or perhaps it swam all the way down here just to get peace? You scanned the area but still all you could see was sea lions upon sea lions. You did not want to frighten them so you slowly and quietly crept around them. You had never been surrounded by so much snow and ice and you thought the task of finding this buttermilk should be easy, right? Walking through the terrain the snow only seemed to get thicker and deeper. It wasn't your intention to go this far into the land but you needed to find that buttermilk and make sure he was okay. Your goggles started to freeze slightly and upon trying to wipe it away your foot slips on a sheet of ice and sends you down a steep hill. The wind is knocked out of you and you lay there in the snow, your heart beating frantically against your chest. Did this task really have to be this hard? You sat up and pressed your hands to your head a slight headache coming on. How would you get out of this mess? You look around slowly trying to spot any contrast in the snow. At first glance you don't and sigh deeply but as you look over the snowy mess your eyes spot a cave. Pressed into the side of the hill was a small yet large enough cave to fit at least a buttermilk or two inside. You get up and slowly walk over to the cave. Pressed against the wall was the buttermilk. You slowly walked into the cave and sat down next to the beautiful babe. You placed your hand on his head and his eyes shot open.

"Hey..its gonna be okay.." You pressed your hand into his fluffy hair trying to calm him down. He felt cold and you couldnt help but feel horrid about it.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Buttermilk POV: I laid there staring up at this thing. Its cheeks were a rosy red and thick frames pressed against its face. It was bundled in layers and for some reason I had wished it was me in those bundles. It was cold and I had no way to stay warm. I pressed my nose against its thigh, it actually smelt like a human. Why would a human be hereof all places? How did it know to find me here. I slowly sat up and it watched me carefully, it almost looked like I was going to collapse at any minute, and honestly it wasnt wrong. I felt so weak and tired. I came here with the thought that I would be able to sustain the cold, I mean I had all the blubber in general. I came here to escape it didn't feel right being where I was. Coming here seemed like a good option but I didnt know it would be deathly cold. I huffed out, a puff of smoke followed suit due to the contrast in temperatures. None of the thingies up above wanted to play and they kept coming after me so I ran. I wasnt looking where I was going but I ran as far as I could. There was a small path that rounded the hill and gave access to this great hiding place, although it was still very cold.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Months had passed sine the incident and the nice human was kind enough to take me to her farm. There had been so many changes and I was so scared but I seemed to fit in. I got a long with everyone great and it made me feel at home. I felt safe and protected. I felt unique. She always treated us differently but in the best ways possible. I enjoyed it here, it felt like a true home, like this was the very piece of my life that I was missing.

709 words later
Winter Shores

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

spirit of the hunt

Postby Venatici » Sun May 31, 2020 7:18 pm

....ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ ʙᴀsɪᴄs ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦
▬▬♚▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    i. he who is afraid of spiders

ii. prince of hunt
    ....-> raion

iii. afab
    ....-> he/him

iv. professional spider re-locator

v. Venatici / Morghettio

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♛▬▬

"The solution to many of life’s deepest troubles begins with simple human courage. The courage to search inward. The courage to take those first bold steps. The courage to find the thing you fear most and charge valiantly toward it."
▸ Beau Taplin

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
◂ here's the thing.
raion is a brave, smart man. he does not fear a lot of things, often going out of his way to help others. however if you walked into his house, things would appear... a lot different.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

◂ if you walked into raion's house, you might assume he is hiding from aliens. while the outside of the house seems rather nice, with red spider lily plants and other bright flowers flooding the yard, the inside of the house... does not seem as welcoming. scattered around this fortress of a home is artifacts of what he, rather affectionately, calls "the hunt". these range from flimsy tin foil hats to an armada of slingshots. he also has various spray bottles of salt water around his house, some containing bits of rosemary and some having lavender. there are little traps everywhere, littered like dirty laundry, placed in areas unsuspecting to everyone but raion. so, when you enter his living room to find all his sea lion friends but without a trace of him to be found, it might not be all that surprising.

why exactly is he hiding, though...?

here's the thing. for someone who does not know raion, it makes no sense. however, anyone who even knows this man in the slightest understands why. raion was born in strange conditions, having lived in an underground bunker for most of his life. the sea lion kid quite literally had a sheltered life, but it was one he enjoyed. living in a bunker was easy for him, so when he finally left and emerged with his family as a teenager, it was difficult to adjust. the worst thing of it all?

the spiders.

somehow his very sheltered life included no spiders. greeted by the sight of a furry legged friend, raion just... kind of freaked out. the very typically kind, smart, and strong man shrivels up at the sight of something the size of his finger. friendly or venomous, it does not matter: no spiders are welcome in raion's presence.

of course, realistically, that is hard to avoid. bugs are everywhere, and spiders are no exception. sometimes he gets so deep into his spider paranoia moments that he can be completely unaccountable for a couple of days, leaving his friends to come in his door and be shot with salt. at this point, when people walk through his door, they expect to be hit with something; the true surprise is what they are going to be smacked in the face with. is it water? a fly swatter? a bowl thats flung across the room? no one ever knows. it's like walking into an active war zone, raion style.

the switch can be quite simple. raion could be minding his own business, and the next thing he becomes an amateur in parkour, flinging himself behind the couch while knocking it over in the process. it was not always to this extent, fortunately. in the beginning, raion flooded his house with plants to keep spiders away. he figured part of the issue was spiders from the outside would come in after being enticed by his property, so his whole lawn is crammed with every sort of flower: however, he namely likes the red spider lily. not only does he believe in the symbolism behind it, but he feels it being named the "spider" lily helps ward spiders away.

all things said and done, raion does not actually hide. the cow is not shy or nervous around others: most of the time, he becomes the life of the party. it is incredibly hard for raion to hide himself from the public view, so hiding himself in his small home is impossible, especially when he has his other sea lion friends over. and no, raion would not call it "hiding"- he would call it a strategic sneaking method to remove the arachnids and bugs in his house. hiding is too humiliating.

regardless of what you call it, raion's hiding does not keep from him scaring the pizza man, or destroying his counter tops, or leaving salt crystals to destroy his wood floors, but at the very least it gives him piece of mind. considering he works from home, everyone tends to joke this is his "fortress" that he watches over. for this reason, he is given the joking title the prince of (the) hunt by his friends. there are other reasons for this name, but should you ask, they will only tell you about the creepy crawlies... the rest of raion's life is a secret, and no one actually knows what he does for his job. some jest that he employs himself as a professional spider re-locator.

so when you see a pair of ears or a swish of a tail from behind the couch, raion is not hiding from you: in fact, he is hiding from the spiders who do not pay rent.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

.... ♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ
▬▬♚▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬♛▬▬

"He can call upon the Wild Hunt to punish those who defy him."
Last edited by Venatici on Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:32 am, edited 19 times in total.
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bluex » Sun May 31, 2020 7:46 pm

yes absolutely
bluex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:48 pm

Username:
Name:
Prompt:

Mark?
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me