Keldine 151 by Pink Present

Based on Click to view
Artist Pink Present [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
62 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Keldine 151

Postby Pink Present » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:51 am

Here's a forest guardian baby, loosely inspred by the leshy from Slavic mythology!

[nr] eye shape, brow shape, expression
[c] hair above jawline, shorter fur (legs)
[uc] backmane, ear shape, thicker fur
[r] horns

This comp can be entered by people who own 3 kels or less only!
Since this bean is loosley inspired by a mythological creature - tell me their favourite one and why!
It can be from any mythology, could also be a god if you so desire.
Your max is 450 words to tell me about the creature and their reason.

Ends on the 20th 1PM CEST
No extras but prettying up is a-okay!

Code: Select all
username;;
name;;
pronouns;;
prompt;; (450 words max)

owned by sharpiesandhamilton
Last edited by Pink Present on Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    bb i'm not even here i'm a hallucination (rarley active)
    kels | plums | kals
Pink Present

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Keldine 151

Postby honeycreeper » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:52 am

mark for sure
if I was a bluebird, I would fly to you
you'd be the spoon
dip you in honey so I could be sticking to you <3

- daylight

honey | she/they | TH | honey#5301
[ characters for sale / free characters ] | [ 20c$ avatar shop ]
my heart <3

🍯 [ honey's giveaways ]
honeycreeper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby the_kiiwii » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:53 am

username;; 'mags'
name;; Dagora (Dag or Gor)
pronouns;; he/him
prompt;; (450 words max)

Dagora loves the Windigo (Wendigo or weendigo). He has always found it horrifyingly intriguing. Dagora has always been interested in mythology but something about the windgo truly caught his interest. He loves the idea that it stood as a warning for the people not to become selfish. Gor is fascinated by horror and anything fantastical so he thinks that the Algonquian people were actually afraid of such a beast, with a taste for flesh. And how it encouraged to keep them away from being selfish even in dire situations, and keeping with the norms out of fear that they might be turned into a wendigo. He loves how much deeper meaning the creature holds than what most people believe. It stood as a warning to the indigenous people whereas nowadays people see it just as an antlered beast. Gor has done lots of research on the Wendigo and uses it as a reminder for himself, trying not to be selfish, despite not believing the windigo actually exists. He appreciates what the Windigo stands for and the fear it inspired, He is currently looking into what might have made the Algonquian people believe that such a creature existed. He is absolutely fascinated by it's origin.
Last edited by the_kiiwii on Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
the_kiiwii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby avaloafe » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:53 am

username;; ajohanna
      name;; alphonse
      pronouns;; he/him
      prompt;;

his parents would always tell him the scary story of krampus during the christmas holiday. krampus, is a half goat, half demon anthropomorphic creature who would punish children who misbehaved during the holiday time. however, this mythological creature never scared alphonse. in fact, he admires the villains in any story. the good guys always win while the bad guys, well, don't - in his opinion, there need to be more winnings on the evil side.

he lives in spiez, switzerland, and they have a yearly krampuslauf, or krampus run. usually it's in other countries like austria, but his town celebrates this demonic goat and enjoys the festivities that come with it. him and his other friends made costumes of the creature and then proceeded to parade the streets of town, dancing horribly and fooling around. to alphonse, it's almost like a second halloween, which is one of his favorite holidays. he also participates in another event, krampuskarten, which is the exchanging of greeting cards that have it on them. they contain poems or rhymes which are humerus, and alphonse likes to write his own and give them to friends and family.

190/450
Last edited by avaloafe on Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      no signature for u
avaloafe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArizonaT3a » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:53 am

username;; Kage the shadow
name;; Aspen
pronouns;; They/Them
prompt;; (450 words max)

Y E S
ArizonaT3a

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MouseyLavi » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:53 am

username;; Mouseylavi
name;; Kell
pronouns;; He/Him
prompt;;
The Kelpie
Kell, named after Kelpie, a shape-shifting water spirit who inhabits the pools of water in Scotland. This Celtic legend has engrossed Kell and has always been his absolute favorite mythological creature. Kell once traveled to Scotland in hopes to pursue his findings of Kelpie, but to his dismay, he found nothing. His engrossment of this creature has shaped a part of him and has always made him superstitious of what he is also seeing and looking at. Since the Kelpie can shape shift, Kell has never trusted his eyes. The Kelpie is described as a black horse like creature that is able to adapt to human form. Some say that Kelpie retains their hooves when they come in contact with humans and change into their human state. Apart of this has made Kell want to learn why they do that and don't stay in their horse state. Even though Kell has read online reasons why they might change forms he wants answers and has always been intrigued as to the question: why?
Last edited by MouseyLavi on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kalons •Devientart • Trade • Credit
MouseyLavi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solas » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:53 am

username;; solas
      name;; Griffith
      pronouns;; he/him
      prompt;;

The Hippogriff

"Like a griffin, it has the head of an eagle, claws armed with talons, and wings covered with feathers, the rest of its body being that of a horse. This strange animal is called a Hippogriff. The hippogriff is said to be an evil spirit resting and possessing its soul in that of a horse and griffon." - Thomas Bulfinch's Legends Of Charlemagne

One of the things that has always interested Griffith is the legends surrounding the Hippogriff, a hybrid of horse and eagle. He has enveloped himself in the stories and tales and devoted himself to learning more about his namesake. A hippogriff is an example of the impossible, Griffith had learned; they are a result of a forbidden love between two natural-born enemies, a mare and a griffin. Griffith, being born into the royal family of a kingdom with bad relationships with the other kingdoms wishes that one day he would find love like the mares and the eagles did- and make the impossible happen.
Last edited by solas on Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
solas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gød » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:54 am

username;;
name;;
pronouns;;
prompt;; (450 words max)

MaRK
Gød

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Westsparrow » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:55 am

username;; westsparrow
name;; Maraven
pronouns;; they/them
prompt;; (450 words max) WIP mark with Cerberus
Last edited by Westsparrow on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Westsparrow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Casperphobia » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:56 am

username;; Casperphobia
name;;