Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Keldines - on hiatus by kageyenova

Based on Click to view
Artist kageyenova [gallery]
Time spent 13 hours, 21 minutes
Drawing sessions 25
342 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Keldines - on hiatus

Postby kageyenova » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:15 pm

What Are They?
    They're a large, thick-furred canid species, with an impressive average height of 121cm at the shoulder (slightly larger than a lion). With a size this large, their typical diet is no surprise-- consisting of large hoofed mammals such as deer or elk, and smaller unfortunate species like birds or rodents. They can consume up to thirty pounds of meat in a day.
    Keldines typically live in tropical regions, but there are a few that have been found to live in colder or dryer areas. They usually band together in packs, structured with two alphas and about ten other members.
    Unique to this species are their luminescent, diamond-shaped plates that protect their shoulders and neck. These plates are simply referred to as 'scales', which can be fanned out by spasms in the muscle of which they're attached to, and even launched at will. Luckily, they grow back fast and easy within a few days. The luminosity of the scales are much better seen at night, which is useful in luring in prey, or attracting a mate.
    Incredibly, it appears that many members of the species have evolved to form traits that especially differentiate them from the standard. These new traits are especially rare, and high in value to themselves and others. Most of these traits are typically harmless, and others give the organism an advantage in their lifestyle. How many of these traits can we find?

Trait List (more in-depth guide here);
        non-rarity traits;
      no brow/brow shape | weight edit | scars | tattoos | eye shape/size (natural) | expression | whiskers (cat-like) | accessories (must be removable) | extra polish/shine on scales | prosthetics

standard;
      no added edits | white sclera | eye color(s) (same in both) | colored scales | paw/tongue color(s)

hair (grown above jawline) | any color sclera | heterochromia | white scales | shorter/curled/chopped tail | shorter fur

uncommon;
      hair (grown along chin/back of the head) | mane/back mane | black scales | fewer scales | eye edit | muzzle adjustment | extended/fluffier/slender tail | ear shape change | fur edit (thicker/fluffier/textured) | claw edit | albinism/melanism | piebald | chimerism | one shaped/carved scale (single scale that is shaped uniquely, unlike the others) | removed dewclaw | small nubbed horns

rare;
      hair (grown anywhere else, i.e. tail) | more scales/scales placed elsewhere | multiple carved scales | scale shape change | blank/black eye | extra pupil/iris | unnatural eye shape | any tail (not gene spliced) | no tail | 2 tails | teeth/mouth edit | horn/antler edit (one/single set) | tongue shape change | flightless wings (single set) | extra/split appendages | missing appendages | oligo/polydactyly | glowing markings/body parts | vents | paw size adjustment | munchkinism/dwarfism | gigantism | antennae | whiskers(dragon-like)

unique;
      extra eyes | wings (any type/1 set) | any gene splicing | 3+ tails | 3+ horns | plant growth | gems | powers | scales made of something else | feather growth | missing eye(s) | spikes on body | extra ears | more than six limbs | extra mouth | animated/moving markings |

chosen;
      living body parts | halos | exposed bone | multiple heads | 2+ sets of wings | transparency | longer body | glitch | zombification | cybernetic/robot
Last edited by kageyenova on Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:32 am, edited 56 times in total.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Notes/Rules

Postby kageyenova » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:16 pm

Notes;
  • This is a for-profit species.
    The most common way to acquire a keldine will be through CS currency purchases. However, there will be some Keldines that can be obtained through free means.
    x
  • Keldines may not be resold, no matter how you obtained it.
    Keldines may be gifted or traded for other Keldines or Keldine items/MYO tickets.
    x
  • Users can only own up to 15 keldines (as of 5/13/2020)
    The cap might be raised in the future, so hang tight!
    x
  • All keldines have the same nose.
    The area which stretches down the front of the muzzle to the chin cannot be changed. The muzzle shape/length can be.
    x
  • Keldines can be any gender/sexuality.
    Any two keldines can breed as long as they are not closely related
    x
  • Any suggestions for the species is helpful and greatly appreciated.
    We love to hear feedback from our community!
    x
  • Keldines staff reserve the right to add, remove, or amend species rules as needed.
    We also reserve the right to carry out appropriate action against users who might not have broken species rules, but who have been voted by staff to display inappropriate behavior that might be disruptive to the community.
    x

General Rules;
  • Copying/tracing/claiming the species as your own are all worthy of a ban.
    While we do not own the concept of scaled dogs, the lore, lines, assets and "brand" of Keldines belongs to Kageyenova.
    x
  • Three warnings equal a strike. Three strikes result in a ban.
    Depending on severity of the case, rule-breaking might result in an instant strike or ban as voted by majority of the staff.
    x
  • No minimodding.
    Please don't take matters into your own hands! If you see something amiss contact a staff member. On that note please also leave answering questions to staff members, even if you might know the answer! This is to minimize confusion.
    x
  • Designs may not be transferred in/out of the species without permission.
    Please have proof of permission from the artist and the species owner (Kageyenova) when transferring designs in or out of Keldines.
    x
  • Keldines may not be co-owned.
    If you are caught doing so anyways both users may receive a strike and disputes will be resolved by Keldines staff in favor of the owner of the Keldine(s) concerned as listed in the archive.
    x
  • You may not make your own keldine without permission.
    You must purchase a MYO ticket from the shop to be able to make one, or have someone else make the Keldine for you.
    x
  • You may not put Artist Entries up for sale or trade.
    The Artist Search is strictly used to test the species' lines, try out for an artist position, or make entries for Keldine MYO competitions. Putting pre-made designs up for sale clashes with the Staff privilege of putting out adopts in exchange for some form of payment. This action will result in an immediate strike. Commissioning entirely new designs to be used as MYOs, however, is permitted
    x
  • Harassment and rudeness will not be tolerated.
    Begging, guilt-tripping and general toxic and rude behavior are all worthy of a strike. Such behavior may include but is not limited to: complaining about competitions in the fanclub or the Discord server, messaging artists to "show" them what your entry would have been if you haven't missed out on the competition, posting self-deprecating messages about missing a raffle or a flatsale, and so forth.
    x
  • Keldines staff reserve the right to ban any member as they see fit.
    Bans may be permanent or temporary, at the discretion of the species owner and a majority staff vote. Banned users may not interact with the species. They may not post in Keldine threads or participate in Keldine-related activities such as take part in events, purchase Keldines or Keldine MYO tickets, try out for free Keldine adopts or create Keldine MYO designs. They may be commissioned to draw art of other people's Keldines. They are not allowed to own any more Keldines that they may already have and are not allowed to gift, trade, or breed their Keldines. They may transfer their Keldines if they so wish, with the permission of the species owner and the artist of the Keldine. If banned members wish to give up their Keldine(s), they must give it up to a staff member so it may be readopted.
    x

Customs/MYOs
  • There must be a valid MYO ticket in your bank to be able to be added to the customs thread or to be able to claim an artist entry.
    Please wait for your purchase to be processed and the item added to your bank before requesting to be added to the thread or seeking approval for an artist entry MYO
    x
  • Fill out the appropriate form on the Customs/MYO thread to be added to the cover.
    As convenient it is to just simply make your MYO under the artist entry cover, it does not contain a paw ref and it is therefore incomplete, so it is preferred (but not required!) to wait until you are added to the coustoms thread. Please make sure that you have a valid MYO ticket in bank before doing this!
    x
  • Fill out the appropriate form on the Customs/MYO thread to claim an artist entry.
    You need permission from the artist of the entry to be able to claim it. Please make sure that you have a valid MYO ticket in bank before doing this!
    x

Keldine Competitions
  • You can only autobuy a keldine once a week.
    For easier tracking, this cooldown ends at CS Rollover every Sunday.
    x
  • You have 24 hours to come forth with payment for a keldine before it is re-auctioned or given to the last highest bidder.
    x
  • For filling forms on flatsales/autobuys:
    • Editing forms not allowed. If you made a mistake you will have to repost the correct and complete version of the form
    • Everything in the form must be filled out. No posting a blank/incomplete form to "reserve" and then go back and edit the form
  • Do not harass artists to judge a competition. This includes spamming "bump" or "good luck" after the competition was announced to be closed, messaging artists when it has not yet been 30 days past the closing date.
    However if it has been 30 days since the closing date of the competition you may message the artist, the species owner, a Keldine mod, or report the competition to CS staff.

Artists/Guest Artists;
  • Guest artists are given 30 days to complete four keldine adopts, which they can choose to sell/raffle/make a competition
    x
  • Guest artists may not make Offer-to-Adopts
    x
  • Guest artists must include an Autobuy in their adopt auctions
    x
  • Guest artists must make two standard Keldines, and are allowed the use of one rare trait on one adopt. The rest must be uncommon and below
    x
  • Guest artists are allowed to make one custom-lined keldine, but must acquire permission and show the species owner before posting.
    x
  • Guest artists that are promoted to full-time artists must make at least three adopts per month in order to acquire payment.
    x
  • Payment consists of MYOs/possible edit items.
    x
  • Full artists must confer with the species owner if they wish to include unique/chosen traits in an adopt.
    x
  • Full artists must confer with the species owner if they wish to open their adopts to USD/DA point offers.
    x
  • Full artists do not have to include an AB in their auctions, and are welcome to make OTAs

Staff Payment;

3 adopts - standard MYO ticket
    4-5 adopts - common MYO ticket
    6-8 adopts - uncommon MYO ticket (+2 standard)
    9 adopts - rare MYO ticket (+2 common)

mods will receive a rare MYO every 7 days of activity.

xxx common MYO = x2 standard (vice versa) -- uncommon MYO = x2 common (vice versa) ... and so on
    artists can pm/dm me anytime when they're ready to receive payment
Last edited by kageyenova on Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:21 pm, edited 21 times in total.
hi im kage.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

staff / warnings / bans

Postby kageyenova » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:17 pm

Last edited by kageyenova on Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 28 times in total.
hi im kage.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

gift lines/stamps/extras

Postby kageyenova » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:18 pm

Gift Lines!

made by Darkanra!

made by MistCat!

made by Nixon!

made by a u r o r a!

made by StormSerpent!

made by FallenPegasus!

made by Kageyenova!

made by Darkanra!

made by Sixbane!

Stamps!

Code: Select all
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4290603][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/702966670985003028/706308602838777978/output_trsG1w.gif[/img][/url]

made by Kageyenova!

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4290603][img]https://i.imgur.com/7JrKEWi.gif[/img][/url]

made by Breado!

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4290603][img]https://i.imgur.com/7BQZWuy.gif[/img][/url]

made by Breado!

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4290603][img]https://i.imgur.com/y7Bvz86.gif[/img][/url]

made by Breado!

[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4290603][img]https://i.imgur.com/QAHmaCI.png[/img][/url]

made by Breado!
Last edited by kageyenova on Sun May 03, 2020 7:10 pm, edited 10 times in total.
hi im kage.
kageyenova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: species wip!

Postby Leopard_14 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:18 pm

YES MMARK
inactive- only leaving account for oekaki gallery
Leopard_14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lotus eater » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:18 pm

mark!
lotus/nine ♠ infp ♣ she/her

dont expect much from me
just here to have a good time

wow you actually read this?

lotus eater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qvril » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:19 pm

yeet
    markerino

they/them nonbinary
    (active) twit @qvvril
    credit; @qvril for art
    talk via.; avril#6472
qvril

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:20 pm

Omg
Fluffy
Babies-
Must
M a r k

Mads | adult | he/it
∘₊✧────────────────────────────✧₊∘
Hello! My name is Mads. I'm
a wildlife scientist working in animal rescue
and rehabilitation. Currently busy with work,
so replies may be slow! Feel free to shoot
me a message or a trade, however. ^-^
Currently seeking; cobweb bunnies!
1.5k c$ art contest
Image Image
art by my bf <3
∘₊✧────────────────────────────✧₊∘
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ecto » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:21 pm

👀👀 mark
th; h4lcyon | discord; h4lcyon | he/they
ecto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Senbonzakura » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:22 pm

I love them already <33

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
Senbonzakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me