Based on Click to view
Artist hellevi [gallery]
Time spent 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hunter's Woods #223

Postby hellevi » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:39 am

Main thread
To adopt you must either have a founder and be level 1. Or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

to win this kit, tell me a fairy tale involving this cat as the main character.
minimum of 300 words, maximum of 1000.
ends march 30th at 8 pm edt.

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]cat name:[/b]
[b]link to thread: [/b]
[b]prompt:[/b]
hellevi
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hunter's Woods #223

Postby BiscuitTheDog » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:35 am

omg this cat is baby

username: BiscuitTheDog
cat name: Saddle
link to thread: gnhgh
prompt: (it turned out less fairy tale-esque than i wanted, hope you enjoy it anyways!)

Saddle's tale begins on a barn. A pretty, picturesque barn. Inside the barn, a dark brown molly lays atop a pile of shoddy hay, viciously kneading her paws into the pile below her. A white tom is curled around the female, a smooth, relaxed purr emanating from him. At the molly's belly lay two small, sleek kittens. A pale brown molly and a brown tom. the two kittens mewl and suckle at their mother's stomach.
The white tom rests his head on the molly's back, peering down at the two helpless kittens with warm amber eyes. The molly has started purring herself, and is still kneading into the hay, to help in lessening the stress and struggle from giving birth. The molly's gold, almond-shaped eyes open a squint, gazing down at her little-ones before they close again, and her purring gets louder.
Around the curled-up family of cats, two pale-skinned humans each wearing dark blue jeans suspenders fawn over the couple and their litter. The male human, who wears a straw hat and a red plaid shirt under his suspenders, talks with the female human, who wears a gray shirt under her suspenders and has long blond hair and kind blue eyes.
"I told ya we shoulda fixed Cloud while we could. Darned cat ran off and had wee kittens with this molly." The male human grumbles. Although he seems grumpy about the predicament, his brown eyes still look kindly down at the family.
The female tucks stray strands of her hair away, smiling. "Aw c'mon, Maddox, sure he ran off, but look: he has a family to take care of now."
"Let's see how happy he is when his kids grow up and use all of his parent's life saving's on college tuition."
"Cats don't have money, Maddox. And that's not what our kids did."
The male sighs. "Alright, Hope, we'll keep em. Whaddya suppose we name the molly?"
Hope's smile grows wider. "I think we'll call her Cocoa, after my first horse. They're so similar, I can't help but have a feeling that... Oh, nevermind. Let's take Cloud and his sweet family inside 'fore it starts raining. It gets drafty in here and I sense a storm comin."
The two humans manage to coax the cats into a plastic bin with low sides. They sprint into the house, each holding two corners of the bin, right as it starts to sprinkle.
As they close the door, thunder crackles, and lightning, seemingly magical, strikes one of the eight border collie dogs sleeping just outside of the barn. The dog shifts in its sleep but doesn't wake up or howl in pain as cyan sparks scatter off of its body.
---
About a month or so later, the two kittens have started to stand. The humans still haven't thought of names for the kittens, perhaps waiting for more of their personality to shine.
The kittens, however, already have a bunch of personality in their parent's eyes.
"Come back here, Tom!" The molly kitten purrs as she scampers after her brother. The sire and dam of the littermates follow in the human's steps, waiting until they really shine until they get their names. For now, the parents call them "Tom" and "Molly" respectively.
Tom dances away from his sister, giggling as he clambers up a scratching pole in the house originally only meant for Cloud.
Molly follows Tom, and gasps when she clambers up beside him.
Tom stares out the large window at green, rolling meadows. A flock of sheep with some horses scattered here and there can be seen, as well as the barn the two kittens were birthed in.
Tom smiles at Molly, and then asks his mother, "Can we go out there!?"
---
Tom and Molly didn't actually go for another month. But when they did, it was an amazing experience.
Lots of ups and downs that day, but one very important thing happened.
Tom got lost.
"Tom!?" Molly yowled, searching for her brother.
"Tom!! Tom, come out!" Cocoa and Cloud yelled. Even the humans searched for the brown tom.
When Maddox found tom, he was asleep on top of a neat stack of horse saddles.
"Well, I'll be darned!" Hope exclaimed as she entered the supply shed.
"Truly amazing. He must've climbed up the leather." Maddox said, running a hand through his graying hair.
From then on, Tom's new name was Saddle.
---
Now, I haven't forgotten about that border collie. The one that got struck by lightning. That collie plays a big part in this next stage of the cat's lives.
Saddle and Molly have now been alive for 5 months. They are a bit smaller than Cocoa and Cloudy, but still big. Molly still hasn't gotten a proper name.
Saddle careens through the flock of sheep's legs, avoiding getting stepped on. All eight of the collie dogs are creeping around the sheep, herding them into a new pen that has just recently been finished being set up.
The lightning-possessed dog blends in with the others, but it has a malicious glint in its eyes.
Everything is going fine. The dogs follow Maddox and Hope's signals as they veer the herd closer to the pen.
Suddenly, a loud "BAAA!" is heard. Panic ensues. A sheep has been bit, by none other than the lightning possessed collie.
Saddle, weaving through the sheep's stomping hooves, gets ready to tackle the dog, but Molly does it first.
The dog releases the sheep and plunges its jaws into Molly. Saddle caterwauls as he barrels into the collie and gives it a bite to the neck that it would never forget.
The collie is caught a moment after. The sheep are left alone, and Molly is taken to emergency care, where she passes away.
Molly was named Memory, in her own honor.
Nobody knows what happened to the dog, but one thing is known: it escaped from the people who caught it.
[991 tiring words]
Last edited by BiscuitTheDog on Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:13 am, edited 8 times in total.

-hardly active... i draw... call me october
BiscuitTheDog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitten-Girl-500 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:54 am

username: KittenGirl2005
cat name: Cedarheart
link to thread: SummitClan
prompt:

M A R K I NEED HIM

───────── ❝ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐄 xxxxxx
you'll never know what could be until you stand up and try. xxx𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 !! ❞─── ©

xxImage
------------------------------------------------------
.....Hey there! I'm Kitten, a Christian teen trying
......to love God and love others. I'm especially
......into writing, books, and art!! Not really active
......on here anymore, just here for a few friends
......and some art stuff. Don't expect quick replies
......from me, thank you <3xxxxxxpsalm 119:105

------------------------------------------------------
┍━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆. ━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
xxxstormbuffearthaoiknick's murdercats
.xxraini-froggemeek the weakshyshie.
xxxxxxxxpanda sistaocean xinqiu
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━. ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ .━━━━━━━━━━━━┙
Kitten-Girl-500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:42 am

potential mark :eyes:
Hi there!
You can call me Knick! I'm a runner and casual artist
who loves thinking about stories and never writing them.
I’m around for various arpgs and species stuff ^^

art fight!
threads for arpgs/species I'm currently active in:
kalons--salted stone--knollclan--sound asheep--haven
other cs characters™

she/her -- student -- est
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ataraxic_gone » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:21 am

username: ataraxic_king
    cat name: PineLeap
    link to thread: Tacenda
    prompt:
    An eerie chill filled the forest, a blanket of fog encompassing the pine forest as the dawn light barely managed to sift it's way through the mist.

A pinched breathe escaped Pine's maw, eyes scanning the clearing as he took in the surroundings. He'd been here before, he knew it, just like the birds watching him from the trees knew it. They stared, burning small holes in his pelt as he stood, waiting for something to give in the world.

It was here, it had to be, the beating under the earth, the scent in the air. This was the place he been summoned to. A doubt began to gather in his mind, a restlessness that came with the idea that maybe you were wrong. Then something gave, a crackling in the air as the void whispered into reality and the creatures that came with it slipped from the nothing.

Their bodies were foreign but familiar, if you went and spent enough time examining them you'd recognise them. Creatures of the depths- souls of the damned. Their voices echoed out with whispers of nonsense- this was nothing new to him.

The battle started now. Taking a deep breathe to ignore the panic- no, the fear and allow it to be overcome by bravery. It was mostly dodging and when it wasn't dodging it was getting his fangs muddied with the inky darkness that made up the ghosts of the past. They were weak and as he moved, a gracefulness to his steps, they all fell one by one.

The crackling in the air dimmed into nothing and as if some great evil had been lifted the forest sprung to life, the birds that had once watched him now becoming animated and free.

It was done. Just as it had been in the past.

He returned home, a wistful look crossing his face as he hoped for change but resigned himself to the fact that the world was a stuck in a permanent loop. Slipping into the den he was met with everything he knew would be there.

Two eyes staring at him from the corner of the den.

There was no-one there.

There was a palpable nothingness to the corner of the den. He did his best to ignore it, after all, there was no-one there. No-one that any other cat would care to see, atleast.

He laid his head down and let the nothing in the corner watch with curious eyes at the cold shoulder that was extended it's way.

When he woke it was to a chilly breeze drifting from the corner of the den.

Pine stood and ignored it, wishing himself some peace in the future.

He sort his way out onto the territory, walking until he found his way into the nearby colony, a feeling of merriness brightening his heart as the voices of others echoed out across the colony. It was alive and safe- the veil of shadows that had loomed over it a few days ago had vanished.

He was thankful for his actions and offered meek smiles to the people who caught his eyes.

"Aya! Look the hermit returns to the world of the living, Pine how are you?"

A voice boomed from the crowd, a pale silver blue cat emerging from the familiar faces. Pine lifted a paw and made a gesture that he knew his friend was familiar with and the she-cats face twisted with knowing look, a small nod before she moved on.

Her name was Mist, she was a handful.

Pine gave Mist a look, questioning her until she gave into his wordless demands.

"I'm better than I was, those weird nightmares about my Ma have stopped again," she spoke those words in a whisper before moving on to a lighter subject. "You better get some food from the store keeper!"

Pine gave Mist a withering look. She knew well that he was capable of fending for himself, that his journeys to the colony were out of a moral obligation as his role as protector.

"Just get the food." Mist replied, stubbornness to match everything Pine could deliver. He was reluctant but he ended up giving in to her request. Later that day he left the colony with a meal in tow, returning to his den. He ate in relative peace, back to that which did not exist. Then, he slept.

The dawn approached quickly but it wasn't the sound of birds that woke him up.

"They've returned." A whispery voice echoed out from the corner. Pine stiffened, the weight of the world falling onto his shoulders, threatening to crush him but he bore the weight. He stood none the less. He'd have to see the proof of it himself, that the cracks in reality were causing distress to those in the area. He couldn't trust the nothing that haunted him would always tell the truth, he couldn't willingly trust it no matter how much it helped his quest. He wished it would leave and take it's knowledge of why things went wrong in the realm with it.

It would never leave him and in some small way he was grateful. He'd take this knowledge, this burden and he would protect those around him. Fighting the damned souls of the dead was par for the course. [887]
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucas tazmily » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:19 am

username: Pufferheart
cat name: Rain
link to thread: Golden Park
prompt:

Once upon a time, there lived a small brown cat who lived all alone in a little cottage. His name was Rain. He lived a simple, content life. But there always seemed to be something missing, something he felt was very important. Rain really wanted to figure out what was missing in his life. So, he decided to try out some new hobbies.

The first thing he tried was running around. Around his home, around his yard, and around the field that he lived next to. This activity only made him tired though, and Rain knew this wasn’t what was missing in his life.

The next thing he tried was gardening. Carefully, Rain dug up some plants of what he thought were called dandelions, and tried to plant them in a specific spot in his yard. He also put a random assortment of seeds in the garden as well. The next day, most of the garden was gone from the especially windy night that just happened. Rain knew gardening definitely wasn’t what he was missing in his life.

A few days later, Rain still couldn’t find out what was missing in his life. So he decided to go to the nearest town and see if anyone there could help him.

When he arrived, the first thing he saw was a huge bulletin board. Upon closer inspection, he noticed many of them were advertisements and job openings. Rain decided to read a few of them.

There was one that said, “Come join the royal cat army!” Rain definitely didn’t want to do that. He hated any kind of violence at all. The next one said, “Come work at the basket weaving factory!” That one didn’t seem like any fun at all as well.

The third one Rain read definitely caught his interest. It read, “Go rescue the princess cat! Get great rewards from the king!” This certainly would spice up Rain’s life, at least for a little while. And maybe the princess cat would like him a lot and want to live with him!

After a quick meeting with the king, Rain knew he wanted to do it. It was going to be the adventure of a lifetime, and Rain couldn’t wait to get started.

A few days later

The trip was quite the tough one. Rain had to cross lakes, climb across hills, and endure sleeping outside. The mosquitoes were quite annoying and Rain couldn’t wait to sleep in his own bed back at home. He hoped the journey had been worth it.

A tower could be seen a little ways off in the distance, and Rain’s heartbeat started to accelerate. He was almost there!

After a couple more hours of walking, the tall, gray castle was only a few feet in front of him. It was hardly a castle, though. It was really just two towers with a little gap between them. On the left castle, Rain could see a cat looking out the window. He knew it must be the princess, for this cat was the only other cat he had seen since leaving the town.

Rain walked inside the building that had the princess inside of it. He then walked all the way up the stairs, sprinting on the last few stairs out of excitement.

The princess was still staring out the window and hadn’t turned to look at him. Rain waited patiently for a few minutes. When she still didn’t turn around, Rain coughed politely to get her attention.

She didn’t turn around, but she did speak. “What do you want? If my father happened to send you here to get me to come home, I’m not coming,” she said snootily. “I am perfectly happy here.”

Rain was startled. He thought she would be overjoyed to be rescued, even if it did seem like she could just walk out of here whenever she wanted to.

Being the shy cat he is, Rain didn’t respond and just walked back down the stairs slowly. He was pretty disappointed. Rain had thought this rescuing thing would with him finding out what was missing with his life. But it was all for nothing.

Sadly, he walked down the stairs. Now what was he going to do? After all that hard work, Rain still didn’t know what was missing in his life.

He happened to be walking through a patch of grass when he heard a noise. Ribbit, it sounded like. Rain walked over to where the noise was to investigate.

There was a toad sitting there, in the bushes. It was croaking very loudly and confidently. Rain thought it was pretty cute looking. Carefully, he picked it up and set it upon his back. Rain had decided that this creature was going to become his new pet.

Once he got home, Rain made a little bed and a little enclosure for his new pet. The toad, which had decided to name Ribbit, seemed to be happy to live here.

It turned out that the adventure Rain had taken didn’t turn out so bad after all. With Ribbit as his new friend, life was a lot better. Not even once did Rain feel he was missing something in his life ever again. [872 words]

hi, i'm lucas! i'm an adult who
uses any pronouns. i enjoy
creating art and playing
clarinet & French horn C:

my toyhou.se!
lucas tazmily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hellevi » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:32 pm

Pufferheart wrote:username: Pufferheart
cat name: Rain
link to thread: Golden Park
prompt:

Once upon a time, there lived a small brown cat who lived all alone in a little cottage. His name was Rain. He lived a simple, content life. But there always seemed to be something missing, something he felt was very important. Rain really wanted to figure out what was missing in his life. So, he decided to try out some new hobbies.

The first thing he tried was running around. Around his home, around his yard, and around the field that he lived next to. This activity only made him tired though, and Rain knew this wasn’t what was missing in his life.

The next thing he tried was gardening. Carefully, Rain dug up some plants of what he thought were called dandelions, and tried to plant them in a specific spot in his yard. He also put a random assortment of seeds in the garden as well. The next day, most of the garden was gone from the especially windy night that just happened. Rain knew gardening definitely wasn’t what he was missing in his life.

A few days later, Rain still couldn’t find out what was missing in his life. So he decided to go to the nearest town and see if anyone there could help him.

When he arrived, the first thing he saw was a huge bulletin board. Upon closer inspection, he noticed many of them were advertisements and job openings. Rain decided to read a few of them.

There was one that said, “Come join the royal cat army!” Rain definitely didn’t want to do that. He hated any kind of violence at all. The next one said, “Come work at the basket weaving factory!” That one didn’t seem like any fun at all as well.

The third one Rain read definitely caught his interest. It read, “Go rescue the princess cat! Get great rewards from the king!” This certainly would spice up Rain’s life, at least for a little while. And maybe the princess cat would like him a lot and want to live with him!

After a quick meeting with the king, Rain knew he wanted to do it. It was going to be the adventure of a lifetime, and Rain couldn’t wait to get started.

A few days later

The trip was quite the tough one. Rain had to cross lakes, climb across hills, and endure sleeping outside. The mosquitoes were quite annoying and Rain couldn’t wait to sleep in his own bed back at home. He hoped the journey had been worth it.

A tower could be seen a little ways off in the distance, and Rain’s heartbeat started to accelerate. He was almost there!

After a couple more hours of walking, the tall, gray castle was only a few feet in front of him. It was hardly a castle, though. It was really just two towers with a little gap between them. On the left castle, Rain could see a cat looking out the window. He knew it must be the princess, for this cat was the only other cat he had seen since leaving the town.

Rain walked inside the building that had the princess inside of it. He then walked all the way up the stairs, sprinting on the last few stairs out of excitement.

The princess was still staring out the window and hadn’t turned to look at him. Rain waited patiently for a few minutes. When she still didn’t turn around, Rain coughed politely to get her attention.

She didn’t turn around, but she did speak. “What do you want? If my father happened to send you here to get me to come home, I’m not coming,” she said snootily. “I am perfectly happy here.”

Rain was startled. He thought she would be overjoyed to be rescued, even if it did seem like she could just walk out of here whenever she wanted to.

Being the shy cat he is, Rain didn’t respond and just walked back down the stairs slowly. He was pretty disappointed. Rain had thought this rescuing thing would with him finding out what was missing with his life. But it was all for nothing.

Sadly, he walked down the stairs. Now what was he going to do? After all that hard work, Rain still didn’t know what was missing in his life.

He happened to be walking through a patch of grass when he heard a noise. Ribbit, it sounded like. Rain walked over to where the noise was to investigate.

There was a toad sitting there, in the bushes. It was croaking very loudly and confidently. Rain thought it was pretty cute looking. Carefully, he picked it up and set it upon his back. Rain had decided that this creature was going to become his new pet.

Once he got home, Rain made a little bed and a little enclosure for his new pet. The toad, which had decided to name Ribbit, seemed to be happy to live here.

It turned out that the adventure Rain had taken didn’t turn out so bad after all. With Ribbit as his new friend, life was a lot better. Not even once did Rain feel he was missing something in his life ever again. [872 words]

love love love this story. i loved the cliche fairytale opening line as well as the undertones of common fairytales throughout the story. congrats<3
hellevi
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucas tazmily » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:39 am

thank you!!