Based on Click to view
Artist clouds-move-on [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Hunter's Woods #76

Postby clouds-move-on » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:01 pm

Main thread
To adopt you must either have a founder and be level 1. Or, you can adopt this one as your founder!

This is a story writing contest, you have 500 words! You must follow and include the prompt word however, which is: fear.
Please bold where you use the word. Your minimum is 200 words.

Ends February 3rd at 8 pm est.

Code: Select all
[b]username:[/b]
[b]name:[/b]
[b]Link to thread:[/b]
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Hunter's Woods #76

Postby StormSerpent » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:02 pm

username: StormSerpent
name: Princess fuzzless pants pear of glitterlandia (Princess/Pear)
Link to thread: Evergrim

Princess fuzzless pants pear of glitterlandia had a nice quiet life, she lived with her humans, a simple, average family, nothing special.
UNTIL one day everything started happening, the husband, Blake got an amazing job offer, but he’d have to move to the mountains and he didn’t want to leave his pregnant wife, Brooke and 3 year old daughter Lucy.
So they decided they were going with him, it was a very sudden decision and everyone was rushing about, they were leaving the next day!!
Princess was on her toes trying to to keep from getting stepped on in the panic. She was then plopped in the back seat with Lucy and they were off to new adventures but instead of fear all she felt was excitement!

New happenings, a new life. Who would she meet, what awaited her!!
Apparently boredom and a long car ride… a few days passed and it was nothing but driving and stopping to rest, the most interesting thing that happened was a light rain shower.
Princess walked around the car a lot but kept getting placed in the back seat. Every time she rolled the window down they rolled it back up, and she also really had to pee.
All of her boredom vanished as the mountain came into view, Blake and Brooke were talking excitedly and pointing. But then the boredom quickly returned, they were driving up the mountain for HOURS. After a few more days they made it to the top, she jumped out of the car and immediately sank into the snow.

It was cold, really cold, she wrapped her butt in a blanket and pouted- this had been the worst week of her life living in this creepy castle.
She never left the room because there was a fire in the fireplace, Brooke was yelling at Blake about something and Lucy was… wait where was Lucy?
Princess shed the blanket and ran out of the room “LUCY!!” she called for what felt like hours, she didn’t understand this place, the halls seemed to move, and she was totally lost, but she had to find Lucy.
She felt a cold chill prickling the fur on the back of her neck, it had been coming and going since she got there, this place was so creepy!
She heard Brooke singing Lucy’s favorite song, and she ran into the room- was the little girl back? The room was empty and the fire was dead. The embers sent a warm drift smelling of… peanut butter?
But where was everyone? She blinked as the brisk wind bit her eyes, and when she opened them her family was back, Blake held Lucy on his lap while Brooke sang to her.
Princess knew they hadn’t even noticed she was gone, ever since Brooke got pregnant the first time no one even seemed to care about her anymore...
Last edited by StormSerpent on Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awkward, autistic, adhd, anxiety, aroace, agender, artist, alliteration

any pronouns
my toyhouse is stormserpent, you can credit me here or there
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 8 of Spades » Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:21 pm

Username: 8 of Spades
Name: Ilaos
Link to thread: Hallowed Mountains

I don't know what I was expecting.

I had spent the entirety of my life wandering inside these mountains, only knowing the outside world through reflected light and the bits of fresh air that could slip through the cracks.

I hadn't wanted any more until I met him. He said he was a wanderer from the outside that had been snowed in by winter, called himself Trico and seemed quite content to trespass on my territory. I should've chased him off right then, but curiosity got the better of me. He didn't look like the monsters from the stories.

And he certainly didn't act like them either, chatting and purring, asking me about my life. Telling me about his. About the trees at the base of the mountain, how they sway in the breeze, what prey you can chase through them.

I had been taught all my life to fear the outside, that the light and sweet scents where simply bait to a deadly trap. But the monster that would rip me to shreds was sitting before me kneading into a rotten blanket, curling that fluffy tail around himself and offering to show me the world.

I let him stay until Snowmelt. In that time we had grown closer and I had slowly come to accept his offer. To face my fear of the outside, of the unknown, for my love of him.

I don't know what I was expecting of my first tentative steps into sunlight, following his kind simile, but I know it wasn't my tail nearly freezing off.

261 words
Last edited by 8 of Spades on Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
8 of Spades

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SurgeFire » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:51 am

username: SurgeFire
name: Leila
Link to thread: Vallis

"The voices will not leave me," Leila's words coming out in a whisper, her unusually-colored eyes wide. "They refuse to."
Cyrus' green eyes shone with sympathy; he gestured with his tail for her to come forward, and she did— hesitantly, but certainly, and finally he spoke.
"Tell me what happened."

It was a night unlike the one where the two stood beneath the stars; instead of something tranquil, there was a storm on the horizon— and the young molly could only stand in shock in the depths of the forest, her only shelter being a fallen tree.
She had nobody, and the effects of that were as clear as day.
Leila heard the various sounds in the woods; the sounds of running, of cats bounding through— and the yelling, and the chaos. It seemed as if a good portion of the voices were of two cats; one male voice, one female, who looked to be in the lead.

Leila hid, still. Although the cats didn't seem to be much older than her, she was still afraid of their powers; she had not gotten her magic yet.
And theirs seemed to be powerful.

And yet with bated breath, even with standing there so quietly; it did not stop one of the two to stop in his tracks— circling back, his watchful orange gaze piercing what felt like her soul.
"Look what we have here."

The other cat - a white molly with green eyes, vibrant like the leaves in the forest they stood in - bounded in; she, too, focused on the sight of the grayscale cat, making an attempt to stand back but physically could not—

"I think this is the perfect opportunity to try out some of the new magic I've learned, don't you think?"

In the next flash that happened; before she could even protest, her life would change— in the cacophony of voices that came, seemingly saying different things, different phrases, she had not yet known that what he had learned—
was a curse.

She had long-been anxious of the dark after that; worried about the cat who had roamed through the lands setting things into chaos returning.
The worry had always bit at her, and the voices incredibly so— although they slowly became somewhat more manageable, it did not make the curse easy to deal with.
She just never wanted to see those burning orange eyes ever again; she never thought she could trust ever again, Leila admitted.

And yet, when listening to his reassuring words, ones of advice and comfort... she looked up to the sky, the moonlight's glow seemingly more bright than usual—
as long as she was in the light, she knew she would finally feel no fear again.

[454]
SurgeFire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myth is trash. » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:21 am

username: myth is trash.
      name: emberstar
      Link to thread: valleyclan

430/500
      “Embergaze… is everything ok? Did you receive your lives?” Nettlestep looked at his new leader with a pang of worry. She had awoken from sharing tongues with StarClan nearly a full minute ago, but hadn’t moved. She stared unblinking at the Spiritpool, her breaths shallow.
      “Y-yes Nettlestep. I’m alright. I am Chief now.” The gray she stood up ever so slowly, as if her body ached. Nettlestep could tell something was off, it was as clear as day. The healer padded up to the newly named Chief and attempted to help her up, but stopped when her ears flattened. She padded to the edge of the cliff that the pool sat upon, and stared out at her territory. “What if I’m not enough?” Emberstar’s gaze didn’t shift as she spoke. “I know what you’re going to say. I already know that Swallowstar appointed me because she saw something, and I know that I have trained so hard for this. But I fear that if my clan needs me, I won’t be able to be there for them.” Her stare finally broke and she met Nettlestep’s gaze. He looked down at his paws and began to laugh. Emberstar rolled her bright eyes and gave her old friend a playful push with her paw, smiling. “I get it, ok. I’m pathetic.” Her smile faded and she scoffed. “I’m pathetic,” she repeated herself.
      “No, no, it’s not you. You just reminded me of Batwhisker .” Nettlestep’s eyes filled with happiness as he remembered his old mentor. “I don’t know if you knew this, but he was always so fearful of the future. Especially towards the end. I know he was old, and well, a bit senile. But, he’d constantly get up at night and pace around the den. He didn’t know I could hear him. He’d just mutter to himself that he wasn’t enough and that he would be the downfall of the clan. But then the greencough epidemic happened, and well, I had never seen a cat work harder in their life. Emberstar, as Chief you are going to make mistakes. It’s inevitable. No cat in history has been perfect. Don’t be afraid to mess up. Let your clanmates criticise you, and then grow from it. I couldn’t picture a better cat for this position. I know you’ll do well, my Chief.” Nettlestep turned and bowed to his new Chief, and she bowed back.
      “Thank you, Nettlestep. Feel free to knock some sense into me whenever you want.” She smiled and gave him a friendly lick on his forehead. “Now let’s go home.”
myth is trash.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:53 pm

StormSerpent wrote:username: StormSerpent
name: Princess fuzzless pants pear of glitterlandia (Princess/Pear)
Link to thread: Evergrim

Princess fuzzless pants pear of glitterlandia had a nice quiet life, she lived with her humans, a simple, average family, nothing special.
UNTIL one day everything started happening, the husband, Blake got an amazing job offer, but he’d have to move to the mountains and he didn’t want to leave his pregnant wife, Brooke and 3 year old daughter Lucy.
So they decided they were going with him, it was a very sudden decision and everyone was rushing about, they were leaving the next day!!
Princess was on her toes trying to to keep from getting stepped on in the panic. She was then plopped in the back seat with Lucy and they were off to new adventures but instead of fear all she felt was excitement!

New happenings, a new life. Who would she meet, what awaited her!!
Apparently boredom and a long car ride… a few days passed and it was nothing but driving and stopping to rest, the most interesting thing that happened was a light rain shower.
Princess walked around the car a lot but kept getting placed in the back seat. Every time she rolled the window down they rolled it back up, and she also really had to pee.
All of her boredom vanished as the mountain came into view, Blake and Brooke were talking excitedly and pointing. But then the boredom quickly returned, they were driving up the mountain for HOURS. After a few more days they made it to the top, she jumped out of the car and immediately sank into the snow.

It was cold, really cold, she wrapped her butt in a blanket and pouted- this had been the worst week of her life living in this creepy castle.
She never left the room because there was a fire in the fireplace, Brooke was yelling at Blake about something and Lucy was… wait where was Lucy?
Princess shed the blanket and ran out of the room “LUCY!!” she called for what felt like hours, she didn’t understand this place, the halls seemed to move, and she was totally lost, but she had to find Lucy.
She felt a cold chill prickling the fur on the back of her neck, it had been coming and going since she got there, this place was so creepy!
She heard Brooke singing Lucy’s favorite song, and she ran into the room- was the little girl back? The room was empty and the fire was dead. The embers sent a warm drift smelling of… peanut butter?
But where was everyone? She blinked as the brisk wind bit her eyes, and when she opened them her family was back, Blake held Lucy on his lap while Brooke sang to her.
Princess knew they hadn’t even noticed she was gone, ever since Brooke got pregnant the first time no one even seemed to care about her anymore...

Congrats! This character amuses me. Don't let her butt freeze off.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormSerpent » Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:19 pm

Aaaaaaa thank you so much!! I have so many ideas! And Tbh it probably will
awkward, autistic, adhd, anxiety, aroace, agender, artist, alliteration