goobies [012] by byyrde

Based on Click to view
Artist byyrde [gallery]
Time spent 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

goobies [012]

Postby byyrde » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:16 pm

to help kickstart the goobies, it's an alien invasion! omicron-06 has just exploded, and hundreds of goobies are looking to establish themselves anew among the stars! they're not feeling too picky about their new surroundings, either!
- ALL adopts released during this event will be alien invasion adopts!
- these adopts will be for NON-OWNERS ONLY, and you can only adopt ONE gooby during the event! this is meant to be a way for everyone to get started in the goobiverse!

is that..? oh my...

this gooby will be a personality contest! this will end either page 3 or 24 hours from now! [9:15 pm est]
you can add one small written or drawn extra to your form!
Code: Select all
username;
gooby name;
gooby pronouns;
personality [150 words];
extra;
Last edited by byyrde on Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: goobies [012]

Postby starpups16 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:41 pm

username; Starpups16
gooby name; Plasma
gooby pronouns; He, him
personality [150 words];
Plasma is nice goopie despite his first appearance. He might seem a little intimidating, untrustworthy, dishonest, and self centered but he’s really not. He can seem cold and stuck up but after a while his funny, charming, caring, and happy personality shines through. He is a kind, polite, and sweet goopie...once you get to know him, of course. Plasma might give you the cold shoulder at the moment but give it a lil while and he’ll warm up to you. Believe me he is a very meticulous worker and will try hard to impress you. Plasma is also sociable , calm and relaxed…. most of the time. He loves to hang out with his friend and have a laugh or two. His hyper nature might be a little overwhelming but you’ll learn to love it.
extra; Thanks for the chance!

Icon by leaves
starpups16

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tawnycatz » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:16 pm

username; tawnycatz
gooby name; Androme
gooby pronouns; he/him
personality [150 words];
[252 words]
There's nothing that can prepare you for seeing your home planet break apart. There's no way to know how you would react. Now, Androme was not a lovely goobie to be around prior to Omicron-06's destruction. He was grumpy, and generally pretty antisocial. But after the 'incident', it only got worse. It was like a switch had flipped inside of him. He became more impulsive, more destructive. A white-hot anger runs through him, and it only seems to grow with time. To Androme, the dark abyss of space has no law. Fighting other ships and taking their supplies is almost therapeutic to him-- if adrenaline could ever be described to be 'therapudic.' When asked about his actions, why he does it, he shrugs the best a quadrupedal creature can, then says: "It's kill or be killed, now."

But there's more to him than just anger and sharp edges. Androme views power and glory above all else. If you put up a good fight, he cannot help but respect you-- even if you are the enemy. If you are part of his own crew, you can earn his trust through this notion of glory and power. Enough for him to finally open up, to let his guard down, and (maybe) not lash out.

And, while Androme would never admit it to anyone, he truly cares for his crew. He doesn't know what he would do if he lost everyone and everything he cared for a second time. He hopes he never finds out.
extra;
tawnycatz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lilpupin » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:16 pm

username; lilpupin
gooby name; Gin
gooby pronouns; him
personality; Gin is a quiet Goobie. He's constantly lost in thought, thinking about one thing or another. Currently, his thoughts are occupied by the loss of his home. Though he would say he's a fighter at heart, he knows that he could never harm another. Other Goobies that he's met have high respect for Gin. Due to his quiet and gentle nature, he makes for a good listener, an ever present rock in stormy waves. He's down to earth and offers good advice.
extra; Gin had woken up in a bad mood that morning, yet at first he couldn't figure out why. But the realization came crashing down on him so quickly that he shuddered. His home was gone and there was nothing that he, or anyone else could do about it, it seemed. He got out of his bed and walked out of his room, taking a deep breath. He needed to find his friend. He walked down the corridor of the ship, hearing murmurings in the rooms, sometimes crying could be heard. He felt his frame shiver again. Crying Goobies? At the ed of the hall stood his friend's room. He knocked on the door and she opened it, clearly deep in thought. "Hard to take it all in," he said, half in question and partially stating the obvious. She nodded and closed the door. Her long tail swished behind her, barely staying above the ground. She took a seat, and he did too. They stayed in silence for a while, both to their own thoughts, as if in mourning for their planet. "Gin," she spoke first. "What do we do?" He raised his head and looked her straight in the eyes, "I don't know. I think I want to find out how it happened. Surely, there are clues of some sort, just out there, somewhere." His friend shook her head, "I think that we should just forget about it, move on." He smiled sadly, "and what if I find an answer?" "Then I will come. I'll be the first one at your side to help." Gin smiled, joy returning to him, "help me now. I'll learn all that there is to know. I'll find a way back to our planet. And, if I can't I'll find out why were given this misfortune. I will promise you that. I'll be a captain of a new ship, you can be my right hand." "Gin," she sighed. "you've never lead me, or anyone, wrong. I don't know what else to do, so I'll follow you. When you become captain I'll be at your side, whether or not you have an answer." He touched his nose to her forehead, a friendly gesture. He didn't need to say anything, he knew she would help him with anything he needed. It had been an ancient promise that they had made in their youth. Gin would find the answer to the loss of their planet, he knew that he had too.
Last edited by lilpupin on Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hello! You can call me lilpupin, lil, pupin, or whatever you please, really.
---Feel free to send me a PM if you need help with anything!

Field - TH - ArtFight - lambicorns

Christian ~ reader ~ drawer
Animal lover ~ Breyer Horse Collector
sister
abomonation
lilpupin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wolfumus » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:27 pm

username; Wolfumus
gooby name; Roober
gooby pronouns; He/Him
personality [150 words]; A sour goobie with a soft heart. He prefers to act tough but easily melts with the slightest tug on his heartstrings. While strong willed, his vulnerability to his emotions normally get him suckered into things. He loves his friends more than anything else and will do almost anything in order to protect them.
extra;
She/Her or He/Him | Androgynous Female | Bisexual | Adult | OCD & PTSD
Things will get better, I promise. You're doing great!
Wolfumus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfWinter » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:36 pm

username;
    WolfWinter

gooby name;
    Carmine

gooby pronouns;
    Any (usually defaulted to "they", but they answer to any pronoun)

personality [150 words];
    Carmine is known for their fiery disposition, and passionate conversations. Before the destruction of their home, Carmine was known for their almost careless attitude. Since then, Carmine has grown up a bit. They take more responsibility for their actions and no longer put off duties that they think are "dumb". They still like to shirk their duties, but they're growing out of it. You could call them lazy, but they would be better described as "selectively lazy". They've been known to work through the night to get something done that they want to do, but if it's not, then they try to push it off to someone else.

While fiery, Carmine doesn't have a temper. They calm down quickly enough, and prefers to resolve conflict as calmly as possible. Their outbursts are more childish, than true anger. They enjoy passionate conversations with others, and isn't afraid to share their beliefs.

extra;
    Carmine watched in horror as the cracks grew. They were aboard the escape pod with others who barely made it in time. They couldn't hear the cracks, but they could feel them deep in their soul, as if it wasn't just their home planet breaking into pieces. Carmine shook in sadness, and agony. Helpless in the pod, going further and further away from the crumbling ruin of home.
To Do

▪ Commissions
▪ ARPG
▪ Work
x
x

Trades Open
Awesome Peeps
~xXx~xXx~
~xXx~xXx~

ImageImage

Clacking can be heard at a distance
WolfWinter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:26 pm

username; Wileyfangs
    gooby name; Mamba
    gooby pronouns; She/Her
    personality;
    Despite her appearance, Mamba may look like a loud and proud girl but she's not. In fact, she's a simple darling. She enjoys sports and food, likes to keep her claws clean of any bad situations. However, Mamba has a bit of a bad luck streak so she rarely gets the chance not to. Often the more tom-boyish, she's not easily fazed by tough situations or by having to do the most undesirable of things to get the job done. She's one to tough it out for you if you want her to, and she won't bat an eyelash. The only issue is, her morals are a bit ambiguous and when she's got a job to do nothing can stop her. She's been known to be ruthless in the face of a mission or duty that needs to be completed and often times she can be quite blunt about it. [150 words]

extra;
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mkulia » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:19 am

username; Star Melon
gooby name; Trix
gooby pronouns; she/her
personality [150 words]; Trix is a spunky, loud, and annoying little girl. She is the kind of person that is probably stuck in the 80s and brags about her new neon bracelets that were like 99 cents at the dollar store. Whenever she gets sad, she plays madonna or snacks on her favorite comfort food, jelly beans. When she is scared, she has this bad habit of stuttering, as she is not as tough as she looks. Basically her ego is bigger than her, which says a lot.
extra;

Mark :D
hello, i’m izzy!
she/her
Image Image
not very active, but i do come on from time to time
really bad at conversing, please be patient with me

mkulia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby byyrde » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:54 pm

this contest will end tomorrow morning u v u <3

quinn | she/her or they/them | lesbian

busy with university and struggling a lot with mental health so i'm really sorry for dipping out suddenly but i just can't keep up with my art and my work :( all the best everyone xx
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby byyrde » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:56 pm

tawnycatz wrote:
username; tawnycatz
gooby name; Androme
gooby pronouns; he/him
personality [150 words];
[252 words]
There's nothing that can prepare you for seeing your home planet break apart. There's no way to know how you would react. Now, Androme was not a lovely goobie to be around prior to Omicron-06's destruction. He was grumpy, and generally pretty antisocial. But after the 'incident', it only got worse. It was like a switch had flipped inside of him. He became more impulsive, more destructive. A white-hot anger runs through him, and it only seems to grow with time. To Androme, the dark abyss of space has no law. Fighting other ships and taking their supplies is almost therapeutic to him-- if adrenaline could ever be described to be 'therapudic.' When asked about his actions, why he does it, he shrugs the best a quadrupedal creature can, then says: "It's kill or be killed, now."

But there's more to him than just anger and sharp edges. Androme views power and glory above all else. If you put up a good fight, he cannot help but respect you-- even if you are the enemy. If you are part of his own crew, you can earn his trust through this notion of glory and power. Enough for him to finally open up, to let his guard down, and (maybe) not lash out.

And, while Androme would never admit it to anyone, he truly cares for his crew. He doesn't know what he would do if he lost everyone and everything he cared for a second time. He hopes he never finds out.
extra;

this was an incredibly difficult competition to judge, you all did marvelous work on your forms! i am going to give this one to tawnycatz as i feel that not only was their personality interesting and engaging, but the image included captures the hardened warrior they described.
      congratulations tawnycatz ! it's going to be hard work for your gooby to settle into their new space based life, so i look forward to seeing their development in the future !

quinn | she/her or they/them | lesbian

busy with university and struggling a lot with mental health so i'm really sorry for dipping out suddenly but i just can't keep up with my art and my work :( all the best everyone xx
byyrde

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me