Based on Click to view
Artist sentimental [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
35 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Envoy #2 - Dusk [WINNER PG. 3!]

Postby sentimental » Wed May 22, 2019 10:15 am

hey there !!
    thank you so much for taking the time to check out Envoys- in celebration of our opening,
    I am posting two Five Star Potential Envoys ! This means that through event participation
    these Envoys will be able to reach Seraphim and Exalt rank !

This Envoy of Order is of the rank Fledgling !
    They have the potential to reach Seraphim.

traits :
    ★✰✰✰✰: diamond core,
    large headwings, slit pupils

To win this envoy, please tell me about the tell me about the closing of a chapter in their life.!
you will have either 4 art pieces, or 1500 words ! You can use 2 art pieces and 750 words should you choose
to do so !

Code: Select all
username:
envoy name:
the end: (1500 words or 4 art pieces max)
Last edited by sentimental on Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
██
██
██
██
██
it's going to be christmas soon, keito
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
████

━━━━━━━━
> loml > fern
>msg > charas
>mayo > trello
lyn senti
━━━━━━
she/her
i'm in my
cringe era
right now.
Image'
sentimental

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝ [ lior ] the pale stars were sliding into their places

Postby Marsh » Wed May 22, 2019 10:17 am

xxx
x
❝ 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝚚𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎
𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚍𝚞𝚜𝚔, 𝚊 𝚖𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚢 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝'𝚜. ❞

𝑒𝑑 𝑔𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑛
xxx
x

My home, the temple of The Theoi monks, engulfed in flames and torn in two. The roof had collapsed and lay in a pile of rubble either side of the chasm that stretched from one end of the valley, through the temple, to the other end and beyond. Another great ripple ran through the grand, marble steps and cut a jagged rip down them.

Survivors like myself were dotted around keeping watch over their former temple and observing the ongoing damage to it as flames continued to lick around the cracked columns heading upwards. I looked around for my beloved mentor, Aquila - one of the oldest and most-respected monks in our order who was responsible for raising me - but he was nowhere to be seen and I doubted he would be found. Those watching on were mostly young like me, having either recently passed or about to pass their orders. It didn’t seem likely many of our mentors would have survived the chaos.

Whispers of ‘the rift’ were carried on the wind from whispering mouth to listening ear - some design of a higher being to end the war through mutual destruction, but the monks were a peaceful people. I began to recall a prophecy foretold by the Greater Sages - the founders of our temple - and passed along generations of Temenosi. It had predicted terrible toil which would bring a new start to a people plagued and divided by war. The world would be reborn in flame, the slate wiped clean and bands of ‘envoys’ would be brought together to roam the planet and start afresh. I had thought it silly, simply tales to scare us into performing our chores, but now how I wished I had payed attention and learned the rest of the prophecy. It seemed now as if the Greater Sages spoke more truths than I originally thought. Knowledge of the unfolding and resolution of the rest of these events would have set me at ease amidst the turmoil and unashamed weeping. Who else would remember the prophecy with The Theoi as it was destroyed and its surviving members displaced? Instead, my mind was plagued with mourning for my lost mentor and brothers.

Why did so many of us have to perish in this way? I felt anger spark within me at the sight of my former home set behind the scene of my surviving brothers huddled together and shedding heavy tears. We had no involvement in the fighting and refused to take sides when prompted, yet I dreaded to think how many of us would be gone when the morning comes. I was lucky to have survived I supposed.

We were taught to help any man or woman in need and so we did. Chaos, Order, it didn’t matter. Whichever one came injured was treated, given meals and housed by us for the duration of their recovery - longer if they so desired. Our temple was the only place where the war ceased and Order and Chaos lived together in peace, a little pocket of harmony. Did that make us Temenosi deserving of suffering? No, of course not, but I knew the world worked in its own ways that we can never begin to comprehend.

I was brought up by the Theoi monks. They nurtured and provided for me my whole life up until this moment, even giving me the greatest gift of my name: Lior, meaning 'I have a light'. I do not remember my parents nor do I recall if I ever truly had any, but my first memories originate from that very temple - the one in flames before me. We never really played as monks in training, it wasn’t considered useful - mere time-wasting that distracted us from our duties. From a young age we were taught useful skills, either ones that would enrich our knowledge of the world or enable us to help others. I learned baking and the art of playing the lyre from the monks, among others. I was taught medicine in its simplest forms alongside the humility expected of a monk but as I considered these things I came to the realisation that my training lay unfinished, my oaths incomplete.

I had dwelled for ages on the decision to pledge my life to The Theoi. It had given me so much but I didn’t know then if I wanted to. The monks always reprimanded me for my sharp tongue and humour, calling it arrogance and bringing into question my suitability for a humble life. I supposed now the decision had been taken from my hands. I was not a monk, I was not a monk-in-training - I was nothing. I never gave my oath to The Theoi. I had no home, no brotherhood and no family so I had nothing.

The flames burned throughout the night, only cooling in the early hours of the morning. It was then I decided to explore the wreckage to see what or who could be recovered, many others following suit. I wandered among the unstable rubble praying that it would not collapse while I stood on it until I had found Aquila.

In my desperation to do so, I eventually tripped over something and it was only when I looked did I realise that the object which had halted me was a delicate gold lyre. It was covered in soot and slightly tarnished with one or two snapped strings, but I could still see it was decorated with olive branches and grape vines twisting around the sides - it was a miracle such an object of beauty had survived the fires. I ran my fingers over the patterns, the lyre still warm. A name was etched onto the back but most of it was obscured by soot, nevertheless I recognised the first letter and my heart sped up. I brushed the black away from the rest of the letters revealing “Q”, “U”, “I”, “L” and another “A”. I dropped the lyre hearing another string twang as it snapped and began rifling around the room trying to find my mentor. If his lyre had survived, it wasn’t outside of conceivable thought that he had as well.

I tore piles of rubble apart in search until I reached the marble floor and then moved onto the next one. The remnants of the building groaned as I shifted the weight around and made its foundations even more unstable.

My racing heart sank, however, when I caught sight of what was laying underneath the first layer of stone on a pile near a collapsed entrance. An intricately carved pendant which I recognised as belonging to Aquila glinted in the early morning sun. Falling to the floor, I began to weep and memories of my mentor flooded back. My first cake, a complete fail. The first piece he taught me. The first time I refused to tidy my bedroom which was also the first time Aquila told me off. All of the times when he would sneak food for me from the table reserved only for the elders.

A pair of hands tried to pull me away and when I wouldn’t move several more pairs joined in. I threw myself on top of the pile of debris, refusing to leave Aquila’s body behind and sobbing even more violently than before. My remaining brothers would give up for a while and try again later only to induce an even more fervent bout of weeping and shouting.

Eventually my strength gave in and my tears ceased. My arms fell away from where they guarded the rubble, taking the pendant with them. I fell onto the floor beside the lyre and gathered it into my arms. Only then did I allow myself to be carried out of the rubble.

My brothers lay me against a tree and sat at a distance, watching me in a sombre silence. Gradually, I sat up and stared at the pendant for a while before looping it around my neck. Then, I picked up Aquila’s lyre and started to play a song he taught me. It was Theoi legend that the Greater Sages had learned the art from Apollo himself and taught it to their followers. My fingers ran across the strings that remained, occasionally skipping a note when the string was not there but the song still retained its sadness.

By the time my song finished I had decided there was nothing left for me here. I closed my eyes while I tried to determine how best to bid farewell to my brothers but the words did not find me. I got up, turned away from the wreckage and started to walk away, my footsteps heavy and uneven. It was time to start a new chapter for myself at the end of my current chapter. A new one had begun and I had to make of it what I could. I left the Theoi temple behind, my goodbyes unspoken.

[ 1499 / 1500 ]
Last edited by Marsh on Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:30 am, edited 12 times in total.
Marsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Envoy #2 - Dusk

Postby jules_ » Wed May 22, 2019 10:18 am

Mork
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Envoy #2 - Dusk

Postby Gladis » Wed May 22, 2019 10:58 am

username: Gladis
    envoy name: Ren
Gladis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cervidae » Wed May 22, 2019 11:37 am

small mark uvu
Last edited by cervidae on Wed May 22, 2019 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

♡ inactive account
dv

cervidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OriGalaxii » Wed May 22, 2019 11:39 am

username: Lexxa_Astral
envoy name: Helios
Mark-
🦄Direcorns🦄
✨Cosmicats✨
♡My Mews (MFA)♡
🌟Storkverse Mega Storage🌟
♡Art Shop♡
OriGalaxii on practically everything

Heyo, im Ori!
Commissions Always Open
He/They, Lune/Luneself
OriGalaxii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Wed May 22, 2019 11:56 am

username: DragonOfEmber
envoy name: Laeanna
the end:

I watched, I stared, and I contemplated.
    We'd fought a hard battle, taken down the enemy, but now... Now I was left feeling empty. With my wings pinned against my head, I couldn't think of what else to do. Within me was a deep emptiness; almost as though I were lost. There was so much more pain ahead, whether it be through healing wounds or further fights, as we had not yet completed our task in this war.
    What else were we to do? My legion was young, not yet fully ascended, our strength far less than the ones who set us upon this war in the first place! So why were we here, laying waste in this barren forrest? Why is it that the weak have fallen while protecting the strong?
    This makes no sense to me, my mind struggling to comprehend how this could possibly have become the future of our race. We the young, the unlearned, and the scared fighting a battle that wasn't even ours to begin with. Alas, before me, those who should be living lay at my feet as a consequence. I grit my teeth in anger, my heart and mind filling with despair at the horrors laid down upon our land. In this moment, I suffer at our loss, the others within my legion kneel for our fallen comrades, crying. We were not as cold blooded as we were meant to be. Perhaps that was our weakness upon entering this war.
    My legion had kept our hearts, had fought with them in the hopes that we'd be stronger for it. Yet it is with our hearts that we cry. It is the sorrows in our hearts that form the crystal'd water that drips from our faces. It seems fitting that tears fall from our eyes, for it is with them that we see the horror laid down before us in the field now stained with the blood of our fallen.
    I stood facing this bloodbath, my own face shimmering with the tears I shed. My back, still covered by the arrows thrown my way, jarred me with an unexpected bout of pain. I flinched, my mind drifting away from the grief I revelled in. For a brief moment, I no longer heard the agonizing cries of my fallen comrades. The bliss of it steals me from the pain far worse than the physical. A thousand wounds of flesh would not hurt nearly as much as the wounds of the mind.

And that is when I saw it. The grey amongst the red. A snow cat no older than a few years approached.
    As it approached, I couldn't help but think; "It seems our war left more than just my legion injured."
    The beast of the mountain crawls to my feet, a plea for help written in its pain soaked eyes.
    'Help me healer, so that I may help you.'
    I know it, hear the words ring in my mind, and kneel. If not for myself, but for the mother Earth. Her child, a creature of the land, has asked for help. And this I know;

This beast falls at my feet
    An arrow in the back
    While I the healer sport many.
    I'm riddled, torn and broken,
    And yet what heals me most,
    Is to know the beast shall live.

And finally, with this beast - this snow cat in my arms - I am free.
Last edited by justamindset on Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .sins. » Wed May 22, 2019 1:14 pm

username: .sins.
envoy name: Rho
the end:

Thia couldn’t understand what was happening before her eyes. Her heart felt heavy and yet weightless at the same time.
      ---
      The garden. It was where mom always was. Only Thia knew this, or at least that’s what she thought. The flower bushes were just starting to bloom. Their small buds’ various shades of greens, pinks, purples, blues, and whites. Stopping to smell the just blossomed lavender flowers, the blonde looked up to see their mom standing behind them. Startled, the small fledgling stood up straight and with her arms behind her back.

“Thia, what are you doing back here? You are not old enough yet to learn the ways of healing and harming with God’s great gifts,” chided the Seraphim. A small hand was placed on Thia’s shoulders and she was guided out of the garden her mother kept. “One day Thia, I will teach you everything you will need to know. You show promise to be as powerful as me, if not more. You just need to work hard at it, but for now, enjoy your early years.” A light kiss was placed on her forehead before being nudged to a room full of toys and crystals.

“I love you mother. Thank you for taking care of me so well,” the common response she gave to her very serious mother. Watching as her mom nodded and left her to go back to the garden, Thia looked at her darker skin in a nearby mirror. She looked more like her father than her mother, but her mother’s wisdom ran deep in her veins. Turning away, she made beautiful crystal arrangements and did her daily prayers to god.
      ---
      “Today we learn what your core is going to be. This will tell others a lot about you as a person or who you will grow to be. Remember this is given without judgement.” Her mother sounded more nervous about this than she was. Arriving to the ceremony, her mother ran a brush through her long blonde hair. Thia could tell her mother’s breathing was shaky, the nerves starting to get to her more and more.

A loud horn blared over the gathered crowd, hushing all the chattering and commotion. The ceremony was beginning, and they had so many to get through they didn’t bother with any opening other than calling out the name. It may have been a few minutes, or a few hours, Thia wasn’t sure, but her heart leapt out of her chest when they called her name. As she walked up the steps, she chided herself for being scared at her own name. She felt her palms become sweaty and her hands tremble slightly as she reached the top.

A bright light shown from above and the Envoys conducting looked to each other and reached for a different bag than the one in the middle of the stage. Murmurs echoed through the crowd. Thia looked back to her mother, who’s eyes were wide and filling with tears. A tap on her shoulder, she turned and saw the diamond in the all black satin bag. ‘You are one of the chosen. You will be the best in your study, and guardian to all,’ a voice echoed in her head. She went to go back to her mother but was ushered off in a different direction. Looking at her mother it was like she understood the look on the woman’s face. A look she had never seen on her mother’s face before.

A distant call to her barely reached her but she knew who it was. ‘I’m sorry I never let you in the garden more my sweet girl. I will see you again in another time.’ A tear came to the blonde’s eye as she remembered always sneaking into the garden at home and her mother never teaching her. She understood though. Thanking her mother for the best childhood, once alone in a room. She took the craft scissors and cut her hair short. If she was going to have a different life, she needed to change herself.

‘You are a guardian, you are the diamond, you are Rho.’
.sins.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tea... » Wed May 22, 2019 5:23 pm

username: sequoiatree
envoy name:
ImageArt Shop!I am doing commissions! Very slowly please be patient with me.
Please don't message me on cs unless you don't have a discord! Please message me on discord here at Tea.#1054
Teá. + 342434. ✞ He/She/They. Single. Young adult. I love anime, crime dramas, romance, art, psychology, history, walks, sleeping, my bed, warm days, DnD+Exalted, cosplay. Please talk to me on Discord about your interests!!!

Tea...

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Wed May 22, 2019 5:25 pm

username: cocogerber13
envoy name:

Ooo mark
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me