Based on Click to view
Artist Hawky<3 [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #1636

Postby Hawky<3 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:47 am

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

this cat may not be traded until: june 12th, 2019
there is a 2 month cooldown after each ownership change.
for a transfer to be official, both parties must post on this cat's page. the original owner must post in the archive.

to enter this competition, you must own a founder and at least be at level 1!

to win this cat, write or draw a scene of them in battle. stretch your writing/drawing muscles with this prompt! i wanna be wowed. bring some angst, do whatever you want! 2000 words max if you are going down the writing path, or 2 art pieces max if you are doing art. you must pick one or the other :> no extras, prettying up is okay (recommended to break up big chunks of text)

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cat Name:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Clan:[/b]

[b]Prompt:[/b] (2000 words OR 2 art pieces max)

end date: 4/25/19 at 12 am EST

Username:
    Cat Name:
    Clan:

Description: a short-haired black marbled tabby with small white spotting and green eyes.

Other Features: a nicked ear
    Siblings: none living

------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
    ----------------- SS: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
    Father: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
    ----------------- SD: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
    ----------------- DS: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
    Dam: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
    ----------------- DD: Foundation
    ------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
Hawky<3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #1636

Postby thatlilhusky » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:04 pm

Username: Thunder.Collects
Cat Name: Swiftbird

Clan: CreekClan

Prompt: (1,122 Words)
Dark, forbidding clouds forced away the sun, casting the cats in dark shadows. The rain was on the wind, threatening to fall from the sky at any minute, but that didn't stop the large party of cats that trekked through the forest, heading for the creek. A chocolate and white she-cat was among these warriors, determination and fury clear in her green eyes. She wouldn't leave this battle until she was victorious.

A rogue group had settled in the woods across the creek, partially in CreekClan's territory. They didn't believe in StarClan and didn't have clan morals, so the way they used to the territory was dark and bad for the land. It smelled like rotting prey and the animals on that side of the water didn't come out as often, forcing the rogues onto CreekClan land, spoiling the forest for them too. This was something Harestar and Koiberry demanded to be dealt with, so a party was sent a few moons ago asking the rogues to leave or fix their ways. Of course, they denied, so Harestar had to come up with a new plan. Today was the day that plan was being carried out, finally.

Today, a small party of warriors, including Swiftbird, would attack a patrol of rogue cats. They weren't to kill unless necessary, but Swiftbird was angry and she didn't truly mean those words when Harestar asked for her promise. Today she would defend her clan, no matter the cost.

The patrol of CreekClan warriors included Swiftbird, Koiberry, the clan deputy, Shrewbelly, Cloudrunner, and Owlfrost. Harestar didn't want to send a group much larger than this, hunting and border patrols still needed to be carried out, so he assigned the group a smaller task for now. A war may be necessary though, and Swiftbird knew and hoped of that chance.

Ever since her mate, Cherryblaze, died, she had become angry and isolated herself from others. She didn't get attached to friends or family anymore, including her adopted daughter, Songpool. Swiftbird wanted to change that sometimes, she could see how damaged Songpool was at being left alone after Cherryblaze's unfortunate death, but Swiftbird wasn't ready. One day she would be able to tell the sweet she-cat that.

Swiftbird shook her head roughly, clearing it of the thoughts. An internal battle was the last thing she needed when she was about to fight a real one, it would distract her from the task at hand. Songpool was a strong cat and could handle things on her own, Swiftbird would speak up to her when she was ready.

Tail lashing, Koiberry demanded that the patrol stopped as they reached the creek's side. The water was flowing fast, but the cats could all jump it easily. At the deputy's command, the party of warriors leaped across the fast-flowing stream, continuing their journey into the woods. There was no scent of rogues, instead, there was a sharp and disgusting scent of the dying forest. It made Swiftbird so angry, that the rogues could simply abuse the land like this. This territory was what provided for every cat, and by killing it, they were slowly dying themselves.

Swiftbird's ears pricked as she heard a noise, a shuffling from behind her, but before she could call out anything to Koiberry a body was on top of her, pushing her face into the grassy floor. A large boom of thunder sounded above her, and cats suddenly flung out at each other. 'I wonder how long they were behind us,' Swiftbird thought, using all of her strength to push the heavy rogue on top of her off. It was a large muscular ginger tom with a heavily scarred face, and Swiftbird recognized him as the rogue leader, Ace.

While she was catching her breath he flung himself at her again, but Swiftbird swiftly dodged, her small and lithe body helping her in this clearing. Ace was heavier and stronger but she was smaller and faster. She would tire him out first before landing any actual attacks. She played a defensive strategy for many moments and before she knew it the rain had started, chilling her body and rinsing the small wounds on her body from when Ace had actually caught her, and the same from him. Her ear was torn, and his body was scratched. He was panting now, and it was finally her turn to attack.

The small she-cat lunged forward, knocking herself into the tom's chest, pushing him over. She pressed a paw on his throat, holding him down and glaring down at him. He was too tired to fight back. "You came to our land and ruined it," the she-cat spat, glaring down at him angrily. "You killed our forest, so now we must kill you." The battle waged on behind her, but it was toning down as cats started to retreat. "You must pay for your sins," she growled, leaning down to stare him in the eyes, muzzle to muzzle. "You are going to die Ace."

She stood up and raised her other forepaw, but before she could take a slash she was pulled away by a strong force. She thrashed, thinking it was a rogue trying to attack her, but it was simply her clanmates. "Relax Swiftbird," Koiberry commanded, dropping the she-cat on the floor. "We gave you a command not to kill, only to attack." Fury was obvious in Koiberry's eyes, but there was some sympathy. No clan cat was happy about the rogues leaving peacefully if they left at all.

Koiberry turned to the rogue leader who was being held down by Cloudrunner and Owlfrost. "Leave now, with your group, or CreekClan will return and we won't have as much mercy." Ace hesitated, ears flattened and teeth bared before getting to his paws, turning, and walking away from the battle. He was defeated and didn't have any choice. If he stayed he would be killed.

Shrewbelly, Cloudrunner, and Owlfrost nodded respectively to their clan deputy before walking back towards camp, their bodies wounded. They were young and strong though, they'd manage. Koiberry looked at Swiftbird, sadness in her eyes. "I know you're angry and grieving over Cherryblaze, but you can't completely ignore my orders. I'm your deputy, and we have to work together. I want the Swiftbird I grew up with back, connect with your clanmates again. Connect with your old friends and your daughter, Songpool. She needs you Swiftbird." Koiberry was begging, pleading for her clanmate to be okay again, but that would be very hard for Swiftbird. She couldn't be normal, not with Cherryblaze dead. She lowered her head in defeat though, walking past Koiberry.

Songpool didn't need her, she was probably better off without her anyway.
Last edited by thatlilhusky on Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
thatlilhusky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yellow. » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:09 pm

Username: Yellow.
Cat Name: Fenris

Clan: Ridgeclan

Prompt:
Last edited by Yellow. on Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦
Did you forget me so soon?
The one who made you,
turned you into this monster?
How sad.

Though I guess it's to be expected,
you always liked to block things out.
If it didn't make sense in your mind,
you just forgot about it.

But maybe it's because I didn't,
make you into a monster that is.
You already were a monster,
weren't you?

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦
Yellow.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goner. » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:10 pm

Res
( 𝒾'𝒹 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓎𝑜𝓊 )─────
[ ♫ black lives ♪ ]
──────────
[ ♪ MATTER ♫ ]
──────────────────────( 𝑒𝓃𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝓉𝑜 𝓌𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝓈𝑜𝓃𝑔 )
[ she/they | bi | scorpio | i love to draw and i play video games like wayyyy too much ]
Goner.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ladyskittels » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Username: Ladyskittels
Cat Name: Bramblefur

Clan: Glacial Blizzard Clan

Prompt: [994 words total]

(Randomly had the inspiration to do a BUNCH of different styles of poetry and here's the result. You can judge solely based off of the first poem if multiple pieces are not allowed. Each individual word count is below the poem)

Poem 1 wrote:Eyes locked onto his forbidding foe,
the chocolate marbled tabby raised his hackles, prepared to fight.
A black solid cat, opposing the tom, rolled his eyes causing rage to ignite.
A war soon would break out to gain back the love he lost many moons ago.

From the mouth of the tabby came a menacing hiss,
claws drawn out in anticipation of chaos to come.
He didn't believe they were to fight over something so dumb.
A fleeting flirtation was all it was, he couldn't help it if it wasn't with a miss.

What ever happened to just being in love?
Instead of being pursued, for some reason above?

- - -

Bramblefur had prepared for the truth coming out,
but the hate from the one he called brother he hadn't expected.
His brother thought his feelings could be easily corrected.
Paired with the disrespect and hate, it was enough for the tom to want to shout!

"I can't change who I am, can't you see?
Hate if you must, for I cannot change,
the feelings I have for him aren't the least bit strange!
Since when isn't it good enough to simply be me?"

Bramblefur's words fell upon deaf ears;
Halftooth just wanted to look tough in front of his peers.

- - -

So came the fighting, the tearing of skin.
Yowls of pain, hisses of fury,
as their family sat witness like a jury
watching the bitter feud neither brother would win.

One wanted his love to be be okay,
to be treated the same as any other.
The other wanted power over his brother.
It was inevitable; the only choice was to slip away.

A river ran near where the two fought,
'A perfect escape,' Bramblefur thought.

- - -

The tom backed up while still giving his brother his best;
letting the cat land a few hits,
knowing the black cat wouldn't let him call it quits.
He slipped into the water, commencing his quest.

Rushing water soon swept over him,
rapids crashing above and currents below,
for a while things would be touch and go.
He feared not; he knew how to swim.

Soon as he was able he breached the surface, gasping for air
and filled his mind with a fervent prayer.

- - -

'Please, if you can hear me,
send help; come to my aid.
From my religion, I know I have strayed.
I need help - I do not wish to be carried to sea!'

All of a sudden, as if right on cue,
a tom cat came and pulled Bramblefur out.
"Are you okay?" his voice asked, and without a doubt
Bramblefur replied, "Yes! Thank you."

The rest of the story is history; the two fell in madly in love.
Their relationship was easy and natural - it fit like a glove.

(459 words)

Poem 2 wrote:When looking back on
that day, I see it clearly
with both hate and love.

(15 words)

Poem 3 wrote:Do not take away with you the words said in a fight.
They will haunt you for many days to come.
They will take away your might.

They are words of hatred, said to fright.
They are not meant to stay with you so,
Do not take away with you the words said in a fight.

From the tips of angry tongues the words recite;
Hatred, fury, burning rage.

Feelings of deep despair delight
With the ghosts of the memories of words.

Let your rage ignite;
The haunting words still linger.

Think of this warning tonight
And listen to it well;

(143 words)
(Bramblefur's words of advice to younger kits when it comes to fighting)

Poem 4 wrote:Violence in fighting, barbaric in nature.
Incredible forces
Opposing one another,
Locked in a furious struggle.
Eventually, a victor will become apparent,
Nature's way of solving conflicts.
Crowning a victor and a loser,
Existence is futile.

On the one side, Bramblefur's mind and heart are superior, but
Fighting requires more than brains. It requires strength to stick it out.

Ferocity on his side, Halftooth had the upper hand in the fight.
Igniting his rage, the two brothers opposed each other, both set on
Giving it their all.
Heed the warnings of the gods, children, for not all fights are worth fighting.
To understand this, one must have knowledge and cunning.
Into the water he plunged, unsure of where he was heading or if he were to survive,
Nothing meant more to him than getting away from his brother. A
Gutsy move on his part, but it had to be done if he had any chance of survival. Existence is futile.

(160 words)

Poem 5 wrote:My brother once said,
"Fighting is necessary
to bring peace on Earth."
How can it be required
for hate to bring peace?

(22 words)

Poem 6 wrote:The claws dug deeply into my flesh,
bringing with it hot tears of pain.
My skin stung with wounds so fresh,
all I could think about was the rage I couldn't contain.

His words had stung me more deeply than his claws;
the words of hatred he used fresh in my mind,
brought me to think of his many flaws.
The tooth for which he is named is a start, but something was missing you'd never find.

A heart is not there, where it should be is cold.
Replacing the heart in his chest was a deep empty pit; a sight to behold.

It was dumb to stay here and risk my life,
fighting with him. Try as I might,
it was unsuccessful to change his opinion on my lack of a wife.
So I slipped away into the river to get out of sight.

It was easier for them to assume I was dead,
than to come after me.
Thoughts raced wildly in my head;
would I even be accepted and free?

"No need to panic," a voice called out.
It belonged to a handsome stranger who showed me what life was really about.

(195 words)
Last edited by Ladyskittels on Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ladyskittels

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zephara » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:51 pm

Mark!
Username:
Cat Name:

Prompt: (2000 words OR 2 art pieces max)
Feel free to send over a pm or trade, I’m interested in anything that’s on my wl. I also sporadically participate in user-made adoption centers.
starskalons

What pretty flowers.

ImageImageImage
Zephara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:58 pm

Username: Mythz
    Cat Name: Moose

Clan: Wishclan

Prompt:
    Heavy breathing filled the air, as did the steady, rhythmic soft thumping of paws as they hit the ground. The dark-pelted tomcat’s paws churned the slightly damp grass and his bright green eyes glinted in the early morning light. The trees passed as a blur, and his breaths left little white puffs in the air. He was running from the enemy – and he could hear the sound of their paws thudding against the ground behind him. They were gaining.
    Shooting around a bend, the tomcat skidded to a stop momentarily. “Fox-dung!” He cursed – a rather large log blocked his path. He began to turn to meet his enemy, but he was too late.

“Got yah!” The high-pitched voice of Foxkit sliced through the morning air as both her and Wrenkit jumped onto him, knocking him down.
    “Oh no! The mighty Foxkit and her sidekick Wrenkit have taken down the Moose!”
    Moose rolled onto his back bringing his paw to his forehead as the two kits were overcome by fits of giggles.
    “Why are you laughing? This is serious business!” Moose said, keeping in his own laughter. “This is a battle!”
    Foxkit was rolling on the ground, gasping for breath between her laughing as Wrenkit managed to gain control of himself.
    “One day we’ll be big enough to take down a real moose!” The small black-and-white kit said proudly, puffing out his chest.
    Moose gasped in mock-defensiveness. “Why Wrenkit! I am a real moose!”

This left the kits laughing hysterically again, but Foxkit managed to compose herself enough to say, “Yeah, a real moose-brain!”
    After several minutes of friendly banter between the cats, Moose finally decided that they might as well get back to camp.
    “C’mon guys, we don’t want to be caught out of camp.”
    The two kits nodded, got to their paws, and started to follow Moose as he lead the way back to camp. However, a sickeningly familiar scent made him freeze, and his eyes widened.

“Wait!” He hissed, stopping both kits in their tracks as they turned to stare at him.
    Foxkit sighed, “What is it now?”
    “Shush!”
    “Come on we’re not gonna fall for another one of your-“ But she got no further.
    An extremely large dog pushed it’s way through the undergrowth, it’s eyes were filled with hatred and saliva dripped from it’s jowls.

“Run!” Moose yowled, turning away from the direction of camp and herding the two kits ahead of him.
    All three raced through the trees, but Moose knew that the two kits would never be able to outrun the terrifyingly large dog.
    One glance over his shoulder showed that the dog was way too close for comfort, and in a split-second Moose made his decision.
    “Up!” He cried, nudging the kits towards the closest tree. “Climb up! Now!”
    Startled, the two kits changed their course and started scrambling up the sturdy oak tree that Moose had directed them to. Turning to confront the dog, Moose knew that there would be no way for him to get up the trunk before the dog got to them – he would just have to hold it off until the kits were up high enough, then possibly go for help.

As he turned, the dog met him face-to-face and they circled each other for a few moments. Right as Moose was about to make his move, the dog lunged for his throat. The dog was large, much larger than Moose. It had a black-and-tan coat and thin fur. Its ears were somewhat floppy and its body was pure muscle.

The battle only lasted a few minutes – the dog would lunge, and Moose would dart out of the way, then he would try and go for a soft spot. It continued this way until Moose lost his footing and slipped across the grassy ground. The two kits cried out in dismay as the dog was upon him in seconds. It grabbed him by the scruff and began to shake, Moose letting out cries of pain.
    In a moment, Moose had gone limp and the dog dropped him, leaving Moose half-conscious.

The big brute turned its attention onto the apprentices, barking for several minutes before giving up. It sniffed one last time at the limp form of Moose before turning away and loping off to wherever it had come from.
    “Moose! Are you okay?” Wrenkit cried out, sliding down the tree and racing over to the brown tomcat, with Foxkit close on his paws.

Wincing, Moose lifted up his head, then brought himself up into a sitting position.
    “I…I’ll be fine in a few moments.”
    The two kits shared an anxious look before sitting down in front of Moose and staring up at him. Rustling in the bushes around them made them all jump to their feet, afraid that the dog had returned. “Up the tree again.” Moose whispered, nudging the two kits towards the tree. But it wasn’t the dog that stepped out of the bushes, but a patrol from Wishclan who stopped dead in their tracks as they saw the scene before them.

Bluestorm stepped forward, the first to recover, and gazed at the three cats.
    “What’s going on here?”
    Moose explained quietly, and as the other cats gathered their wits a cat was sent back to camp to get Blossompaw, the Aala, to treat the wound that Moose had gained. By the time he had finished, Bluestorm had grown very cold.
    “You realise you put the life of these two kits at jeopardy? They could have been killed.”

“Now now Bluestorm,” Koalapelt, Bluestorm’s brother, murmured. “Remember, the kits did also know they were not allowed to leave camp.”
    The larger tomcat shrugged slightly, before continuing. “What were you even doing out of camp?” Bluestorm snapped, fury evident in every line of his face.
Last edited by Mythz on Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

feel free to call me myt - australian - she/her
      dm me if you need anything! i'm super forgetful,
      so don't be afraid to dm me if you think i may
      have forgotten something <3
      ImageImageImageImage Image

Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birchii » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:06 pm

Res! <3

current collection goals; owls - guineas

beep boop

❝ ~~~~~ ❞

I'm Birchii (a.k.a Birch); I'm a big fan of cats, owls,
reading, kpop, and gaming! Pronouns are she/they~

You can find me on FlightRising (168475) and
DapperVolk (29742) with the same username as well

Have a wonderful day!
xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX
Birchii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby muttgirl310 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:07 pm

Mark
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit profile icon
my viscets dogons my art shop
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
Hey I am Muttgirl but feel free to
call me mutt. I own a species on
here called Dogons and am always
willing to help out whenever I can
so do not be afraid to reach out or
send me a pm. I can help a little
with adoption forms and do some
art, although it's not amazing.

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
muttgirl310

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Username: yuroshi
Cat Name:

Prompt: (2000 words OR 2 art pieces max)

Dying for this beauty oh my lord

PM's are always open, no matter what.
Have a wonderful day~

Avatar done by the amazing QueenNyra!!
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me