Based on Click to view
Artist ~Levi~ [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 35 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Yuki - Crane Kalon

Postby ~Levi~ » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:05 pm

Dance of Cranes

What a lovely surprise to finally discover how unlonely being alone can be.
- Ellen Burstyn

BASIC INFORMATION

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛✥┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Full Name: Yuki
Nickname: n/a
Sexuality: asexual
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓✥┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CHARACTER NOTES

➢ Would prefer to read a book than go to a party
➢ Rather naive to the point of being ignorant
➢ Can come off as vain because of this
➢ Also homeschooled - meaning she has very few friends
➢ Music nerd, avid reader, enthusiastic artist
➢ Enjoys daydreaming and getting lost in thoughts
➢ Lives in the countryside, large house
➢ Has rich parents, but both travel a lot so is often left with the house staff
➢ Has 2 cats and a Shetland Sheepdog

➢ Favourite Song: Ezra Vine - Celeste
➢ Favourite Movie: Spirited Away - Hayao Miyazaki
➢ Favourite Book:The Odyssey- Poem by Homer
➢ Favourite colour: Red and teal
➢ Favourite weather: Clear morning sky with fresh snow
➢ Favourite Poem: Invictus - by William Ernest Henley

I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

███████████████████████████████

Own work

━━━━━┓~ Normal Afternoon ~ ┏━━━━━
Yuki spends most afternoons, settling down with a good book or doing some of the work her tutors have set. Yuki, often enjoys listening to up beat music at the same time and enjoying the warmth of the fading sun. However, piece and quiet is also nice, being just that - peaceful. She goes through books quickly but will often spends a good time after pondering about the meaning of the story and the message that the author was trying to make. Wanting to get more out of it than that of face value. This often results in many one-sided conversations with the cats or dog, depending on whose willing to listen.

The Cranes of a Thousand Years

The Japanese Crane or more generally The Red-Crowned Crane is believed to be a mystical creature that can live for a thousand years. Therefore, the crane represents good fortune and longevity; and can be referred to as the “bird of happiness”. The wings of the crane were believed to carry souls up to paradise. Mothers who pray for the protection of the crane’s wings for their children will recite the prayer:
“O flock of heavenly cranes
cover my child with your wings.”

It is because of this impressive reputation that Yuki's family adopted them as part of the family crest and incorporated them as guardians of the family. The house and gardens have cranes incorporated into the style and decor, and whether related or not Yuki's family has grown in both wealth and status.

Yuki's personal connection to cranes stems from her love of animals and mythology, she would spend hours listening to stories from her nannies and reading any story she could get her hands on. The cranes are often incorporated in her art work and her clothing style - almost always having some fort of bright red accessory or item that mirrors the cranes' red crest.

Own Work
An example of Yuki's work

As You Go Through Life

Don't look for the flaws as you go through life;
And even when you find them,
It is wise and kind to be somewhat blind
And look for the virtue behind them.
For the cloudiest night has a hint of light
Somewhere in its shadows hiding;
It is better by far to hunt for a star,
Than the spots on the sun abiding.

- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

IN-DEPTH PERSONALITY

➢ Do you have any vices? If I had to analyse myself... I guess i can come off as vain, it's certainly not intentional but I sometimes get carried away. I don't have many people to talk to so when I get the chance I want to say as much as I can but then I sometimes saying too much and it comes off as bragging or stupid..
➢ Do you take risks? I try not to, risk taking is bad, my parents told me so.It costs money and often won't pay up well. The only risks one should take are those that are thoroughly calculated and almost guarantee a profit. But there is something that can be quite exciting - must be the adrenaline.
➢ How do you treat people below your social class? How do you feel about those above you? Mother and Father don't like to talk to people below us... But I have had friends and the nannies and staff are nice, they've helped look after me the whole time. So they aren't horrible. They are nice.. As for those above me? Mother says its good to make friends with them, that it will help me in life. But they are not as nice.
➢ Do you have any unusual voice or speech patterns? I do not think I have any unusual patterns? I've learnt proper grammar and pronunciation. My parents found the best tutors.

➢ Why were you given the name you have? Yuki is name for pure and royal people, or thats what my mother told me.
➢ Have you traveled much? Where? Why? I have not travelled much, my parents often do, but they want me to stay home where it's safe and I can learn all I need to.
➢ What goals do you have based on your background? I want to travel and find my own way in the world, I am grateful that my parents help and protect me so much but I want to fly on my own.

➢ How many litter boxes do you have? Do you clean the litter boxes every day? Or does your maid clean the litter boxes? One or two for each floor of the house I believe, so around 10? The maids clean them and they are kept out of the way, so I don't know the exact number.
➢ Do you iron your clothes? Who does your laundry? Do you do it yourself or do you send it out? All my clothes are ironed, but never by myself or my parents. The staff do it..
➢ Do you bite your fingernails? Do you have any bad habits? I used to bite my fingernails but Mother told me that it was unfit for a girl to do, so I have stopped. I guess I do agree with her, but more as it damages them as I read in my books.
➢ If you could go back in time for one day, where would you go? I would want to see all that I could, the egyptians, the tudors, the samurai, Alexander the great, Ancient Greece and Rome. There would be so much to see!

1168 words
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
“A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” ― Charles Darwin
“Learn to value yourself, which means: fight for your happiness.” ― Ayn Rand
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Bernard M. Baruch

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Name: Poppy or Fenrir
Likes: Crappy fantasy books, anime, drawing, animals, Marvel and Dc lol, most music, random K-pop songs, running, talking to people (pm me if you want), sleeping and martial arts.
Note: Please be polite and respectful ^-^
~Levi~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me