Artist jules_ [gallery]
Time spent 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
60 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Kalon 1482 - Candy Fiend

Postby jules_ » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:14 pm

This kalon seems to really love candy, however they also love pranks
Design a carved pumpkin that will impress them so much they won't snatch your candy basket and run off with it

Fill out the form below to enter. One extra and prettying up is allowed (1 art piece or 600 words not relating to the prompt). Carved pumpkin designs can either be described or drawn (1 art piece or 600 words limit), anything else is an extra.
Code: Select all
username:
kalon name:
carved pumpkin:

Ends 11/8/18 @ 9pm EST

edits;
standard - hair
common - longer fur
jules_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon 1482 - Candy Fiend

Postby orbiting » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:14 pm

mark!

not on here much anymore but to reminisce,
if we've ever interacted in the slightest, thank you for kind memories,
i loved this place.
orbiting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gloomurai » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:15 pm

mark

savannah any pronouns
gloomurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolyakun » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:16 pm

┍━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┑
Username: kolyakun
Name: Raven
┕━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┙

Raven’s favourite time of year was finally here, Halloween. Normally trick or treating would be one’s favourite part of Halloween though this wasn’t the case for Raven, they enjoyed carving pumpkins. It was a form of self expression. Some designs were more complex than others, and some happened to be more simple, yet still appealing to the eye of the viewer.
The smell of scorched pumpkin drifts down the hall, scooped out on spread newspapers in the kitchen, handfuls of white seeds tangled in a viscous network of threads. Raven went at the pumpkin with their paws, scooping out large wads of the pumpkin’s innards and placing it to the side.
“What am I going to do with you, mr. pumpkin?” They asked, tilting the empty pumpkin upwards as if it were staring back at them.
“Why don’t you give me a cute smile, Raven!” Raven mimicked the voice of a sophisticated elderly man, chuckling in response.
“If you say so mr. pumpkin.” And with that, they carefully carved two round eyes and a small, exaggerated smile.
“I must say mr. pumpkin, you look cute!” They laughed.
Multiple Jack o'lanterns line the street. Some wear a shocked expression, while others appear to be puking out their seeds and orange innards, some carved like cats or rabbits. They are as varied as the imaginations of their carvers and no two are exactly alike.
“We have some competition this year mr. pumpkin, but I think you’ll stand out just fine!” Raven said as they delicately placed the pumpkin on their doorstep.
Last edited by kolyakun on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby knifekind » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:16 pm

username: knifekind
    kalon name: Tadashi Parker
    carved pumpkin:
    Tadashi, despite being adopted as a young boy, had always kept his innate fascination with the demons and monsters from his homeland of Japan. Yes, while he would always be thankful for his mothers adopting him all those years ago, there was something so interesting about the yōkai that inhabited his birth country's mythology. He would pour over book after book about them, immersing himself in the tales of spooky sightings and ghastly glimpses that had marred Japan for centuries. Both of his mothers were ecstatic that he had such a strong interest, and were relieved that they hadn't somehow "Western-ized" him through his childhood, so it wasn't at all strange to witness a mishmash of American and Japanese iconography throughout the Parker household. Tadashi's mothers tried extremely hard to integrate their son's culture into the existing American celebrations they celebrated, and Halloween was no exception. Every year, instead of carving spooky faces, memes or other typical designs into the jack-o-lanterns they put outside their home, every member of the family chose a yōkai for the others to each carve into their pumpkin on the very first day of October. Throughout the month, each member would research and study their yōkai, before presenting their pumpkin a week before the occasion, the face of their yōkai carved into it. They'd take turns retelling stories and sightings of their yōkai before coming up with their own idea of how it became a pumpkin on their porch. Even now, as an almost twenty-year-old, Tadashi adored the tradition and tried his very hardest to come up with the scariest story and the most detailed carving every year.
    This year, he'd been given the difficult subject of the yōkai known as Akaname, a dirt-related yōkai known also as the "filth licker" - a small, goblin-like creature with greasy, matted hair and an extremely long tongue known to spread disease. Due to it being a creature that preyed on a very obscure and specific fear, Tadashi knew his mothers had it out for him by giving him such a creature. However, the challenge made it all the more fun. He'd decided on making his rendition as grotesque as possible, extending the hooked nose and hideous face it was known for to the point of disgust, its open mouth curved in an almost painful grin and its long nose wrinkled like it was sniffing the air for a particularly smelly bedroom or toilet. This was, of course, topped off with its hideously long tongue lolling from its mouth, extended comedically around the pumpkin before meeting back at the front, flicked upwards like it was about to start eating.
    Tadashi presented his pumpkin with smug pride - for once, he was glad to see such an ugly mug looking back at him, and turned to see the reaction on his mothers' faces with a sly smirk. Both of them were in hysterics, leaning against each other for support as their son frowned, looking confused. "What's so funny? Isn't it horrifying?" He pouted, folding his arms like a kid. One of his mothers wheezed, struggling to pause her laughter long enough to explain. "It's just.. very silly looking, that's all!" She snorted, before falling into hysterics again. Sighing, Tadashi picked his pumpkin by the stem and turned it to meet eyes with it. Damn, they were right! He found himself giggling soon enough at its silly expression, before joining both his mothers in hysterical laughter, even if it hadn't been his original intention. [582/600]
    reference for the yokai description
Last edited by knifekind on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adult he/it bisexual
knifekind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thani » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:17 pm

username: Thani