Artist manta rae [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2815 - Pumpkin Witch - Winner

Postby manta rae » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:58 am

winner wrote:username: [url][/url]
      name:

sorry i has already done this gal before looking and realising there was another
      pumpkin viscet recently sghkjsgdjlh sorry yugi !!

woah so,,, manta rae actually done a viscet with mutations?? last time i done
      that was for the halloween event last year... oops

anyway i love doing mane edits so much !!! and i thought hey why not add
      on some tail drapes,,, for even more mane action >;^)

to win this 'cet, tell me their relation/connection with plants !! it can be
      absolutely anything so long as it's linked to plants in some way

im not gonna give y'all a form because i want you to construct it yourself,
      you can have as many sections as you wish, but you cannot exceed 2000
      words, however you can have unlimited art (tho, quality over quantity)
      please remember the to include the main prompt tho !!

end date - 25th Oct midnight GMT

mutations wrote:mane - uncommon
      tail drapes - uncommon
Last edited by manta rae on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
manta rae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2815 - Pumpkin Witch

Postby Prince Audric » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:06 am

IVY

Ivy loved pumpkins, ever since she was little she loved pumpkins. But due to being poor her family could never afford to buy her one, they could barely buy food for themselves. So Ivy found her own way to own some Pumpkins.

Up from her home was an old farm, the farmer was old as well and couldn't care for his crops, going to his farm she asked him if she could grow pumpkins in his field, saying she would do all the world if he taught her how to care for plants.

The farmer grumpily slammed the door in her face, he didn't care what she wanted. he wanted to be left alone. Ivy realized how selfish she must have sounded. Turning she walked off his porch and looked around. Seeing how badly the grass was overgrown and the flowers choked by weeds she decided to help.

Running back home she grabbed her favorite hat and ran back to the farm. Quietly she slipped into the barn and found some tools... first she pulled out an old push mower, one that ran by pushing instead of fuel ~Better than nothing~ she thought as she got to work.

It was rough pushing the old mower, she wasn't that strong but after hours of working, she was done mowing taking the mower back she looked around, noticing a glass of water with ice and lemon on the steps. Walking over she picked it up ~hes not that bad of a guy afterall~ she thought sipping on the cold water.

After she drank the water she got back up and headed back to the barn findings small shovel and other little gardening tools, she noticed a pack of flower seeds so she grabbed that as well. Returning outside she walked over to the flower bed and sat down beginning to clean out weeds, as she worked she cut her paws a few times as she worked but she pushed through the pain.

By the time she had finished, it was getting dark, she put up the tools and pack of seeds and return home.

~~~~

The next morning Ivy woke up before the sun was fully up, her whole body hurt but she wabbled her way back to the farm and got to work again getting the small rake-like tool she began ripping up the ground trying to make it easier to work with. After a while she sat back sighing and looked at her paws, slightly bloody from rubbing against the cuts from the day before.

A pair of gloves hit the ground beside her and then the door shut again, Looking at them she picked up the gloves and pulled them on. looking around she got up and walked over to a water faucet and picked up the watering can beside it, she filled it and hobbled back over to the flower patch and poured a little water on it... she knelt down and began digging again, moving the wet dirt to mix with the dry.

Once that was done she started digging small holes, bit a shadow above her made her stop and she looked up " 6 inches kid..." the Farmer said in his gruff tone "Why are you doing this?" He questioned her.

" Because I realized asking you to teach me without offering you anything in return was selfish, " she replied to him.

The Farmer shorted and turned back heading back to the door " Still not teaching you Kid" He said going back inside and slammed the door.

~I'm not doing this so he will, he needs help here~ she thought to return to her work.

Over the next weeks, Ivy worked and worked on cleaning the old man's yard and even started cleaning up his barn. Her favorite hat had become entangled with leaves and weeds but she didn't mind it. She kinda liked it.

The old Farmer had grown used to her and sometimes would come out of his house for a few moments to speak with her and offer her advice and water. She had learned his name was Hector and he lived alone having no family. She told him about her own family and how much they struggled.

Hector sighed and decided he would help her by teaching her. " alright Kid, you have proven to me you're willing to work hard. I'll teach you what you need to know. "

"Really? Thank you so much!!" Ivy said happily.

~~~~~

Every day Ivy would spend at the farm, she and Hector had become good friends in time there, he helped her plant crops and showed her how to keep them healthy. In return, she kept his yard clean and once he trusted her enough she helped clean his house. Even repainted the barn.

A few weeks before fall, however, she was on her way to the Farm when she noticed a rescue squad outside. She ran to the farmhouse only to be stopped by a cop " I'm sorry, miss you can't come in" He said.

" what happens? Is Hector ok?" She asked frantically to find out if her friend was alright.

The cop slowly shook his head " I'm sorry, He's gone" The said sadly.

Ivy's eyes grew wide and she backed away... shaking her head she ran away. She ran home and locked herself in her room to cry.

~~~~

A few days later someone came to Ivy's house with a letter for Ivy.

Opening it she began to read

Dear Ivy

When you came to my farm all those months ago begging me to teach you how to grow plants, I thought you were going to be just another who gave up, thinking it too hard. You proved me wrong, you proved to me that you could handle the work. By taking it upon yourself to care for my yard.. my flowers.. you showed me you had the blood of a farmer. Unlike my own children who ran off to the city, I finally had someone I could pass on my legacy to, as well as my farm. Inclosed in this letter you will find the Dead and Keys to the farm. Take care of it for me.

Make me proud Ivy
Hector

Ivy showed the letter on content to her parents who were beside themselves, shocked that this cet would just give Ivy his farm.

" Ivy, You are old enough now to live on your own, if this is what you want then well allow it," Her father said

" I do... I have worked there every day for so long... I can't just abandon it now" She said.

After helping her move her stuff to the farm her parents hugged her tightly " Promis you will share you harvest?" Her father asked.

" I promise," She said smiling.

after they left Ivy looked around, it was lonly here, Maybe if she got enough money, shed find a way to get a pet. Walking outside to check on the crops she noticed something behind the. She walked over and found a plant, overrun with ivy and weeds... she began to clean it out and as she did, she spied something Orange. Quickly she moved everything aside to reveal one of the biggest pumpkins she had ever seen.

Smiling she ran to the barn and got some tools, returning to the pumpkin she began cleaning it out and freed it from the plant it grew from.. she picked it up and sat it in the wheelbarrow and smiled. Knowing she could use the seeds next year for growing a field of pumpkins. Happily, she pished the wheelbarrow to the house.

1 Year Latter

Ivy had done well for herself the harvest this year was amazing. pumpkins as far as the eye could see, Thinking to herself she had the best idea... running inside she began making flyers, to sell her pumpkins, Halloween was around the corner and she knew kids would love carving them.

After she got those done she when to town and put them up, then over the course of the next few days she got the farm ready, using things she found lying around to decorate. The day before she baked cookies and brownies to give out to her guests.

The night of the party she picked her mane and downed her favorate hat again. A knock on the door told her someone was here, and she walked over opening the door

" Hey Ivy thought you could use a hand, " Her dad said with a smile " I brought some fuel for the tracker we can have hay rides," He said

" But we don't have any Hay," Ivy said

" I got that covered.. my Boss agreed to bring some from his dad's farm. " Her father said

" Oh, Daddy thank you!!" Icy squealed and hugged him.

"you're welcome my little Ivy... now come on let's get the tracker. "

The night was a hit, almost all of the pumpkins were sold, enough was left to help with next years crop. After everyone had left her father ruffled her mane "You wanted pumpkins and you got them, you worked for what you wanted. I'm proud of you my little pumpkin " He said

" Thank you, Daddy, " Ivy said giggling softly and smiled.

Last edited by Prince Audric on Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quote from Assassins Creed
Prince Audric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ivyscribblez » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:08 am

Clarisee.
    I burst through the door of our small cabin, grinning and feeling childish. I didn’t see my papa anywhere- it wasn’t unusual for him to be out in the back doing yard work or in the small room off to the side that was his study. I took a curious look outside in the yard- no papa. I turned back around and knocked on the study door, smiling.
    “Come in,” I heard my papa’s voive from in the study- hoarse and painful. I knew something was wrong. My excitement forgotten, I creaked open the door and slowly made my way into the room.
    “P-papa?” I asked, my voice trembling. “What’s wrong?”
    My papa gave a cough before smiling weakly at me. “Nothing, nothing...” He sighed, shifting in his bed. “My dear, I’ve fallen ill with what the healers say is untreatable... The Shadow’s Plague. I don’t have much longer left.” He chuckled as I stared in shock at his kind eyes. My heart sped up, and I frantically began to search for any sign that this was a dream. It had to be.
    “There has to be another way, Papa-“ I gasped.
    “Only legends, my dear.” He gave me a sad look, as if he felt worse for me than himself. “I am sorry, but I won’t make it.”
    “Well, what are the legends? I mean, it’s far-fetched, but we could always try...” My voice broke, and I held back a sob.
    “I don’t know, my dear.” Papa coughed. “You just need to accept it. I love you very much, Clarisee-“
    “Papa, stop,” I let the dam break and began to cry. “I’ll help you. I need to. You’ll make it, you’ll make it, I promise.”
    My words were more for my comfort than his. I convinced myself that I would find a way to cure him. Everything always works out in the end... right?

To clear my head, I dashed out to the garden in our backyard, settled myself into a patch of cream and orange flowers, and began to sob.
    How was I going to survive on my own? I needed him- I would be in my own since my mother left us when I was a small child. I could always look for her, but I had no recollection of her at all. I was hopelessly lost.
    I took a moment to admire the flowers all around me. They were graceful and elegant, unlike me. One in particular seemed to stand out, almost seeming to glow. I reached out and gently caressed its petals, and something about it just seemed so... calm. I slowly and gently picked the flower, and the glowing seemed to grow stronger. I felt peaceful and calm as I held the flower, and yet energized at the same time. I felt great.
    I put the flower down and shook my head. My paws were tingling just slightly, as if they were itching to let something go. I didn’t feel like crying anymore, as this flower had peaked my intrest. I picked it up again, but it had lost whatever glow was surrounding it and was just as calm as the other flowers around it.
    Something was off about that flower. I knew it.

I came back inside after examining the flower a tiny bit longer. I felt crushed and confused- my papa was sick and dying but a mysterious flower had appeared and done- well, something. I wanted to investigate the flower further, but I couldn’t find it in me after the news. I wiped away a tear as I collapsed onto my small bed and curled up.
    I lay quite still and quiet for a while, listening to the sound of the birds outside our cabin. To calm myself, I imagined a beautiful vine twisting and weaving itself around a tree. I had always done that when I was upset, and the tactic still worked. To the left of me I heard some sort of strange noise, almost like rope rubbing across the ground.
    I frowned and peeked over the side of my bed. I widened my eyes- a large pumpkin vine was growing at an alarming up the side of my bed, seemingly out of the floor. I grabbed it firmly, tugging at it, but nothing happened. My heart was pounding. Did this have something to do with the flower?
    I tried to stay calm as the vine continued up my bed, but I was a bit more frightened than I’d like to admit. Desperate and out of ideas, I willed it to stop growing- and to my great surprise, it did.
    I gasped, looking at my paws in partial fear and partial wonder. Out of curiosity, I willed the vine to continue growing. It began to wind its way up my bed again. I stopped it and stared.
    I probably sounded insane, but did the glowing flower in my garden give me powers?
    I took a deep breath, trying to stop my mind from spinning. Could I control other plants too..?
    I imagined a large pumpkin appearing in front of me on the ground. There was a small pop and a pumpkin was sitting right there in the floor, the way I had imagined it. My heart began to pound. Could I create anything? Could I help Papa?
    My heart pounding at the possibility, I imagined a small candle on the bed next to me. I waited anxiously for the same noise, but nothing happened.
    I frowned. So the best thing I could do was create and control plants. I couldn’t help papa.
    I plopped back down on my bed and tried to think. Who could help papa?
    What would mother have done?
    Maybe... I can contact her?
    I blinked and considered the idea. Mother. What was she like? I had never met her, but she could be a mage... after all, I had a feeling this whole “glowing flower” business was provoked by something else, but I didn’t have time to look into that further. Briefly I formulated a plan- it could work...? I still didn’t know the full potential of my powers- to be completely honest, this was a huge stretch, and I knew it. May as well try. My heart pounding, I used my newfound powers to hopefully contact my missing parent.
    I summoned some pumpkin vines and willed them to find my mother- wherever she was, find her, and give her a message. I pictured the tendrils growing into letters- I focused on visualizing the vines as detailed as I could and prayed that it would work.
    I stopped. I stood waiting in anticipation, my heart still racing.
    Nothing happened.
    It didn’t surprise me, to be honest. I had just discovered these powers and I thought I could find my mother. I didn’t even know if it had worked.
    “I’m such an idiot,” I said to myself miserably, collapsing back on my bed.
    “Why do you say that?”
    I sat bolt upright. Had... had mother come?
    “No, hon, not your mother. I knew her, though. Pretty well. Talented mage, she was.” A Viscet appeared in a shimmering poof of golden smoke. She didn’t look like any Viscet I had ever seen- her form was misty and she was wearing a tall hat covered in leaves.
    I stared at her in shock. “Who- how-“
    The viscet smirked. “The name’s Kanchana. I know what you’re thinking for several reasons-“ she trotted over to the edge of my bed. “For one, I’m the ‘magical flower’ that ‘gave you powers’. And I happen to be able to sense emotions.”
    “But.. you’re a viscet-“
    “Only because I choose to be, dear Clari,” She grinned. “Ooh, Clari- you mind if I call you that? No, I’m calling you Clari even if you hate it. Anyways, I’m a dyrad, hon. Nature spirit. I’m not really a viscet, I just took the form of one. They’re a nice species.”
    I blinked, slowly absorbing all the information. “So.. does that mean you took the form of the flower when you... uh, gave me powers..?” I asked.
    Kanchana laughed. “Yes, hon. And I didn’t give you your powers. I just woke ‘em up from a little snooze. They’ve been there your whole life, you've just never known.” She shifted a little, her smile dimming. “It was, uh, a request of your mother’s.”
    I perked up at the mention of my mother. “My mother? Is she okay? And why didn’t my message work?”
    “Oh gosh, hon. She uh, she’s gone. I got your message, since we were kinda magically linked.” Kanchana gave me a sad look, her previous energy forgotten. “I’m sorry.”

“Oh.” I felt my cheeks turn red. Even though I’d never known my mother, I felt a little sad at this news. It didn’t surprise me. Papa had never told my otherwise.
    Papa! In the mess of meeting this strange dyrad, I’d forgotten the entire reason I’d sent the message.
    “Can... can you help my papa, then? He’s... he’s sick. Bad. But if you’re a nature spirit, maybe you can help?” I asked, hopeful. Just say yes. Please..
    Kanchana looked at me for a long while. “I hate to break it to you, hon, but there’s nothing I can do.” She said in a soft, sad tone.
    I choked back a sob. So I wouldn’t have my papa after all. “Oh.. okay.”
    Kanchana gave me a sympathetic glance. “May I.. talk to him?”
    I sniffed. “Sure.” I got off my bed and led the dyrad to papa’s study. “In here.”
    Kanchana entered, her form shimmering slightly. “Hello,” she said gently.
    Papa glanced up. “Who is this, Clarisee?” He asked.
    “I’m Kanchana... Heather may have talked about me. I’m her dyrad friend.” She gave my papa a gentle smile.
    “Heather?” Papa chuckled softly. “Oh, I miss her... I’ll be with her soon.” He closed his eyes. “ It is nice to put a face to a name, Kanchana. Yes, Heather talked about you often.”
    Part of me wanted to scream at Papa for never telling me about my mom, yet here he was talking about her to a complete stranger. I almost felt like an intruder on this little meeting- and it was surprising they had never met before.
    The conversation between them lasted a good while, but I stayed in the doorway the whole time. My papa seemed very happy- but I could tell he was fading, slipping away as the Shadow’s plague overtook him. It wouldn’t be long now, I knew with a heavy heart.
    “Clarisee, my dear, come here.” Papa gestured to me from his bed, and I made my way over to him. “I think... I think it’s time for me to go. Your mother’s friend has offered a quicker way out before the plague completely takes over... it will be easier.” He exhaled, the ghost of a smile on his face.
    I could hardly bear to hear what he was saying. “Papa...” I whispered. A tear made its way down my cheek.
    “I love you.” He reached out and pulled me in, and for a long moment, we shared an embrace.
    Then papa turned to Kanchana and nodded.
    Kanchana wiped away a tear and with a flick of her wrist, Papa faded away.

I sat in stunned silence, tears racing down my cheeks.
    I stared put the window, my eyes still red from crying. Papa was gone.
    Kanchana stood next to my bed, looking awkward. Suddenly she took a breath, blinking. “Here, hon. This was your mother's... I, uh, thought you might want it.” She took off her leafy hat and handed it to me. I accepted it with a smile, turning it over in my paws. I put it on, glancing up at it. “So... what was my mother like?” I asked, my voice still hoarse.
    “Oh, man,” Kanchana smiled. “There’s a bunch about that.”
    Together we sat as the dyrad told me the stories of my mother.

Last edited by Ivyscribblez on Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 12 times in total.
ivy| fluent in meme, vine, and english
christian | sagittarius | ravenclaw | ambivert
pfp credit | my flight rising | my deviantart
Ivyscribblez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mierose » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:09 am

mark
THE. SECRET. OF. LIFE. IS. TO. KEEP. LOOKING. UP

MickiJayGonny
KiffKnightDimi

Call me mier or rose | She/her | Lesbian | Sagittarius

Buttermilks

. .. .
mierose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Snuggle_Bean » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:28 am

mark maybe!!
Snuggle_Bean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jolteon » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:29 am

ohhh my gosh mark? ;w;
pretty much inactive here now </3
my discord's rhylie#9299 if you need to contact me!
jolteon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

I'm not freaking out, but it feels like time is running out

Postby corrosive_limes » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:59 am

"I said time is running out
I don't know what to do"

Anymiana "Nym" Khloljeta Blodewen | ♀
A she-witch with the power to bring plants to life.

The Witch and the Rosebush

---- She focused on the rosebush between her paws and closed her eyes. Her mind hummed with energy and she could see the sparks fly though her closed eyelids as the power began to course through her. Her brow furrowed in effort, she concentrated on the image in her mind. She felt a sudden surge of energy course through her body but her gasp of surprise was lost in a sudden explosion.
    ---- Nym was sent flying by the blast, her body slamming into a tree behind her. Stars exploded in her mind. Ears ringing and head spinning, she opened her eyes and struggled to prop herself up. As soon as she'd stopped seeing double, she looked up into the space she'd been standing before. A single rose was suspended in midair surrounded by a heavenly pink glow, drowning out any other source of natural light.
    ---- At the sight of it, her stunned expression changed to one of shock and then excitement. Completely disregarding any possible injuries she may have sustained, Nym immediately scrambled to her feet and leapt into the air in unrestrained joy.
    ---- "Yes! Yes! It worked!" She shouted. "They'll have to admit I'm right now! Ohhhhh gods above I can't wait to see the look on their faces when I show them!
    ---- As she was caught up in her celebration, the rose began to change before her eyes. It began to pulse with light and sparks shot out of the area around it. Nym rallied herself from her festivities to watch in rapt awe as the flower began to transform right before her eyes. A grin spread across her face as her paws trembled with anticipation.
    ---- The rose became silhouetted in light as its shape began to melt, expanding and flowing into something new. For a moment, it hung suspended as a shapeless mass of light before finally resolving itself. The forest went suddenly went dark with a sound like a candle being put out, but not before the final shape had seared itself into Nym's eyes.

---- Struggling to see in the sudden darkness, Nym peered forward into the center of the clearing. The blinding flash had left an image burned into her vision but she could just barely make out a dark shape on the clearing floor. As she watched, it let out a slight groan and pushed itself up into a sitting position. Though its head was drooping and its shoulders were hunched, the shape was unmistakably that of a Viscet.
    ---- Nym stepped toward the Viscet, and it looked up at her approach. As her vision began to adjust, Nym could make out a crown of roses upon its head and a a thick rose vine entwining its body. A faint pink glow emanated from its eyes, looking up at her in confusion and fear.
    ---- "W-where am I?" It stuttered. "What happened? Who are you?" A look of distress came into its eyes. "W-who am I?!"
    ---- Nym knelt down on the ground beside the frightened Viscet and made a soft shushing sound as she reached out gently to rest her paw on her shoulder. She flinched away from Nym's touch.
    ---- "Easy, one question at a time," she gently told the rose Viscet. "My name is Anymiana, but you can call me Nym. You're in a clearing near the outskirts of a forest, and you were just born of a rosebush. As for who you are? That's not really a question I can answer. Who do you think you are?"
    ---- She seemed to be calming down some, and she took a shaky breath to try to settle her nerves. "I-I...I don't know. I don't even think I have a name."
    ---- "Well then, let's get that fixed. How about 'Primrose'?"
    ---- The Viscet paused for a moment, mulling it over in her mind before giving a gentle nod. "Primrose...I like the sound of that. Thank you."
    ---- Nym smiled softly as she stood up. "Well then, that settles that. Primrose it is." She turned and began to walk. She paused once she reached the edge of the clearing and glanced back. "Why don't you come with me, Prim? I think the two of us will be getting to know each other quite well in the coming weeks."

The Friendly Stranger

---- A sudden rustling of pawsteps roused Nym from her reverie. She'd gone out into the forest to find plants and flowers for her spells but had become lost in thought.
    ---- A red Viscet suddenly burst out of the underbrush a few feet from where Nym stood and stumbled panting to a stop. He must not have seen her, as he jumped when she moved back in surprise. His fur stood on end and his face contorted into a snarl as he took a sharp step back.
    ---- Nym was just about to draw her wand to defend herself when her attention was suddenly caught by a bright glint of metal around his paws. A moment of further inspection revealed his paws were shackled together. Clearly, this Viscet had been a prisoner of someone or something and had only just escaped. To add to that assumption, she noticed a pair of deep incisions over one of his eyes. Incisions that were still bleeding.
    ---- The Viscet began to turn away when she cried out, "Wait!" He paused for a moment, confusion flickering across his face.
    ---- "I promise I won't hurt you."
    ---- She clearly didn't have him quite convinced, but he turned back to her nonetheless.
    ---- "Who are you?" he growled.
    ---- "Anymiana, but please call me Nym. What are you doing here?"
    ---- He took a sharp breath and his eyes darted toward the ground. "Long story, and I don't have time. If I don't get going soon they'll catch me."
    ---- "Then in that case let's get going. At any rate, whoever 'they' are it surely wouldn't do you any good to go about facing them with those cuffs. Come with me and I can help you get them off. And who are you, if I may ask?"
    ---- He mumbled a gruff "Thank you," as he began to follow after Nym as she headed deeper into the woods. "And my name is Eadonn."

Additional notes:
    - Total form word count (excluding this note, including post title) : 1098 / 2000
    - Songs referenced are Freaking Out and Losin My Soul, both by Mystery Skulls
    - Art is made by me
    - Eadonn belongs to me.
    - The character portraying Primrose does not have a representation yet but rather is currently just a concept. However, I plan on using the concept in the competition for Viscet #2804, where my form will be found here. If I don't win, I plan on using a custom to create Primrose instead.
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trans » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:17 am

mybe res
they/them, adult, pms are ok!