Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Lioashu

Viscet #2794 - Spooky Tiger Butterfly - Winner

Postby Lioashu » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:58 am

Username: .kaede
Name: Cendrillon
Gender for breeding: Female
Owned as of: 11/25/18
Winning post: https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=3924624&start=10#p121193398

This bab was originally going to be based off of the tiger butterfly, but it ended up just becoming a halloween-y colored tiger x)

For this competition, you have 1000 words to answer a simple question: is everything as it seems?
This is a very open-ended prompt, so it's whatever you choose to have it refer to. You have two extras to further explain your response OR show me a little more about the Viscet - either 2 pieces of artwork or 1000 words. The artwork does not have to be done by you, but please be sure to credit the artist.

Please note - The extras may or may not continue your prompt answer, however if it's artwork it cannot be a comic or animation.

Please be kind to your competitors!

Form:
Code: Select all
Username-
Name-
Gender-
Gender for breeding-
Prompt - Is everything as it seems? (1000 words MAX)
Extras - 2 pieces of art OR 1000 words, NO animations or comics

End Date- October 15th at 7:00 PM PST. October 22nd at 7:00 PM PST.
Extensions may be granted upon request.

mutations wrote:Saber Fangs - Roaming
Butterfly tufts - Gold Drop Helicopis Variant - Event Rare
Last edited by Lioashu on Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2794 - Spooky Tiger Butterfly

Postby Matreats » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:59 am

spacer
spacer
spacer
srImagesrImages

Username - Matreats
Name - Chouko (Means 'butterfly child' in Japanese)
Gender - Female
Gender for breeding - Female

sprImage
(click for renkuda's story)
spacerThree years had passed since the destruction of the Sakozko kingdom, a powerful and influential political power. Three years had passed since the king and queen were viciously murdered by the king’s own ruthless and power-hungry brother. The prince had been gifted the power of a dying goddess, and in the wake of emotion from his lost family, had eliminated his uncle. Renkuda transformed the battle-scarred land into an enormous forest, dedicating his existence to creating and spreading life and vitality throughout the world.

spacerSince then, the forest has thrived. The sacred energy imbued in the very earth has attracted animals and fantastical creatures of all sorts, and it has become a safe haven for magical beings and any others seeking protection. It has been named the ‘Forest of Light’ for its pure environment, where only those with spirits of light may enter. Darkness and evil is pushed from the forest’s borders, blocking access to any that might seek to gain wealth or magic for themselves.

spacerTo protect its location, the forest moves constantly, never staying in one place for too long. For those inside, it would seem as nothing had changed, but for those on the outside, the vast expanse of trees would appear to vanish from their very eyes. To the outside world, this forest is but a legend; a tale created by the people who remained of Sakozko to soften the loss of one of the world’s greatest kingdoms.

spacerThese years of peace, however, are quickly coming to an end. Renkuda’s uncle had been destroyed in the physical sense, but his meddling with dark magic left a part of his soul corrupted. A fraction of him having become a Shade, (which are immortal beings), left him barely alive; nothing more than a remnant of what he once was. Fueled with a fiery will and hungering for revenge on his nephew, Xenophus patiently bides his time…

(318 words - Part one of the second extra)

A lithe figure zipped over the branches of the Sakura trees, paws barely touching down as it ducked and swerved between the hanging leaves. The season of spring was arriving quickly, although those living in the Forest of Light wouldn’t know were it not for Great Tree rising from the center of the forest. The leaves of the tree changed with the seasons, turning colors to indicate the time of year. In summer they were green, in fall they were red, in winter they were yellow, and in spring they were a brilliant pink. The figure could see flashes of color through the spaces of the branches, the yellow leaves of winter just starting to turn to pink.

Chouko was the name of this particular sprite. She often enjoyed wandering in the early mornings before the vast majority of others that lived in the forest awakened for the day. It was one of the only times that it was quiet, save for the one day every year that the god of life, Renkuda, held in honor of the empire that was lost. It was peaceful for her. Today, however, was a bit more interesting.

She didn’t run during her morning walks because of course that would defeat the purpose, but after spotting what she thought was someone she didn’t recognize hidden in the brush and attempted to approach them, they fled. She pursued, not sure whether this individual was scared, or simply shy. Chouko herself was an outgoing viscet, and this particular encounter already had her intrigued. She prized herself on her agility and speed when it came to maneuvering around the forest. She had, after all, spent the majority of her life here, and she knew every twist, path, and tree.

Chouko had found the forest after being banished from her village back home when she was just a young viscling. Born with a strange ability, Chouko was able to grow plants by will, and often sprouted small flowers where she walked. Most would find this to be a good omen, but this settlement was wary of all magic. Years before, a member of the village had been killed when their mentor attempted to teach them a spell that would conjure fire. The people had never forgotten that day, and despite Chouko’s harmlessness, they were afraid and cast her out.

Young and not knowing where to go, she found herself wandering into a forest that sat just outside the town that hadn’t been there just minutes before. Since then, the sprites in the forest had taken her under their wings and raised her with the love and comfort the young child yearned for. When she was of age, Chouko was brought to the god Renkuda and was granted status as a sprite. Sprites were not much different from other viscets, except for the butterfly wing-shaped tufts that lined their front arms. They were to symbolize the delicate and beautiful balance that they helped keep between all the animals and plants of the forest.

The figure ahead of her bounded through the grass, its black body seeming to shimmer in the sunlight. Chouko knew the residents of the forest; she loved to visit and talk to them, and all these years she was very familiar with her ‘neighbors’. What intrigued her was that she had never seen a viscet or animal with a solid black coat as this one did. Maybe it was a lost traveler that had accidentally come into the forest? She hoped not- if the forest had moved on from its previous place then whoever it was would be far from their home.

It leapt over a degenerate stone wall, the light illuminating just the back of its flank. It made a hissing sound and flinched away from it, picking up speed once again and threatening to leave Chouko in the dust. From what she had seen, it looked like the light shone through their body in an almost transparent way. She was catching up though and she strained to see what exactly who or what it was, but no matter how fast ran, she couldn’t seem to get a good look.

The sprite recognized the path it was taking as the one that lead to the Ki tree, the oldest and largest Sakura in the entire forest. A bit confused but still curious, she followed it to the clearing. When they both finally burst out of the cover of the trees, the black figure leaped towards the tree and seemed to sink into the trunk, its body dissipating into small tendrils of a smoke-like substance.

Chouko came to a halt, stopping herself just a few feet from the tree. Her brows furrowed as she stared at the trunk of the Ki, having gone from excited to thoroughly confused in a matter of seconds. She stared for a few more minutes, waiting for it to appear again, but there was no sign of it. It had completely disappeared. Had…had she imagined that? Several more minutes passed as she sat down in the grass. She was certain that she had never seen anything like that creature before, and it was surprisingly frustrating that she couldn’t come to a logical conclusion.

(art by me)
She was about to chalk it up to her mind messing with her and get back to her business, but before she could leave the clearing the sky suddenly darkened above her. A bright light flashed behind her and she whirled around to see a large crack in the trunk of the tree, light pouring from it…but this light was different.

The trunk suddenly split in two and a cloud of black rose from the wreckage, splitting into hundreds of individual forms that circled her. Her wide eyes darted from one to the other, recognizing them as the same thing as the one she had chased just minutes before. The shadowy creatures circled her, and before she could make a move they converged, swallowing her up in darkness.
(1000 words)

Chouko was not the first to fall victim to the dark magic of the Shades, and she certainly would not be the last. The dark creatures would continue to isolate and transform the sprites of the forest one by one in their goal to destabilize and frighten those that lived there. They were succeeding. Once these corrupted viscets were discovered, panic raged through the forest like a wild fire, and Renkuda immediately set to find a way to reverse it. Those who had been tainted had been mutated and their coats darkened, muting their colors. To say it wasn’t terrifying would be a lie, especially since the corrupted viscets often lashed out and destroyed anything that came near them.

The residents of the forest were too scared to approach the ones that had once been their friends after seeing the destruction they were causing, and they turned to their beloved guardian. Renkuda had seen what the corrupted were capable of doing, and it worried him greatly. His forest was to be a place where those searching for safety could come and find peace from the outside world, away from the degenerating morals and increasing violence…but the goal he had strived so hard to accomplish was quickly being torn down before his very eyes.

Chouko had managed to retain some of her mind after her encounter with the Shades, which made her an essential ally to Renkuda and his followers. Those who had been corrupted were connected to each other through what seemed to be a hive mind mentality. They were no longer themselves and were carrying out the bidding of whatever was over them. Chouko was able to access this network and provide information, though she was constantly fighting against the dark influence that threatened to take her over. Her strong will kept it at bay, but the others still considered her a danger and refused to let her come anywhere near them.

Renkuda hated seeing his people isolate another, but he could not bring himself to say anything differently. The others weren’t wrong in worrying about the danger that the once-sprite posed to them. It was obvious and could be seen visually that she struggled with fighting against it, and it was only getting worse with each passing day. Eventually it got to the point that Renkuda had to take action. Chouko had injured several other viscets in a fit of rage that seemingly appeared out of nowhere, and now everyone was more scared than ever.

The sprite had to be forcefully contained in order to protect the people, and even though Renkuda regretted it deeply, especially when he heard her cries, he could not release her. She was already in the heart of the forest, however, and Xenophus would use this to his advantage. Allowing her to keep part of her humanity in order to gain sympathy from the others, she has become one of his most important pawns in reclaiming the forest and his kingdom.

(498 words - second part of the second extra)
Last edited by Matreats on Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 16 times in total.

──I AM LOKI, OF ASGARD!─────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
──────────────AND I AM──
┌────────────────────┐
hello! my name is matreats c:
I love art, well-written characters,
and I love to roleplay as well ☆

RP characters
eldemore

└────────────────────┘
──BURDENED WITH─────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
───────GLORIOUS PURPOSE

Matreats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prince Audric » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:00 am

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀
Username- Prince Audric

Name- Ace

Gender- Female

Gender for breeding- Female

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

In the eyes of a mad man,
nothing is ever as it seems.

Ace walked down the hall of the Asylum, the occasional insane cackle drifting through the halls, sending shivers through her spine, the Asylum looked abandoned but how could it? She was supposed to still be locked up here. Was this another dream cooked up by her twisted mind?

As she walked she felt something sharp in the back of her neck, Yelping she put her hand to her neck, but there was nothing there, at least in her mind there wasn't. But now she could feel her limbs starting to get numb.

Shaking her head to try and clear the numbness she only made herself dizzy, She could still hear cackling, and laughs but none of them were familiar to her. what was going on? and why wasn't she in her room?

Blinking again, and shaking her head the building around her returned to the decrepit abandoned look it was before ~This is getting very strange~ she thought before pressing on.

Stepping through an open door she was meet with a busy cafeteria, Ace blinked and looked behind her, the door was gone or seemed to be to her ~This is really getting Creepy now~ she thought, turning back around, the room was now empty and dark.

Stepping through the room and making sure not to trip over broken tables and chairs, she noticed something out of place. Kneeling down, she picked up two playing cards stuck together, one side was the Ace of Spades and the other a Joker Card. she smiled Holding the card to her chest and continued to walk, her body by now was feeling very numb, ~I don't like this~ she thought pausing at the other side of the room, looking back the room was still abandoned, turning back to the door she pushed it open.

Ace was met with the sound of a music box, playing softly from somewhere in the building, heading along the hall she paused at a door ~patient 0072...this, is my room?~ she thought before shaking her head. Her ears twitched as she realized the music box had stopped, but now a voice spoke out, crazed but it was a voice she knew all too well. A voice that she loved deeply.

Play the game
Paint your scene
Taking this to the extreme
Masterpiece
Dark design
Your last moments, only mine
It's a need
Here in dust
Kill the world that stole from us
Take your place
Let it be
In my crimson symphony.

Shaking her head again, trying hard to figure out what was going on she pressed on, The insane cackling had returned after she passed by the room that was next to hers, stumbling due to the numbness. As she hit the floor her crazed dream seemed to break, she was now on a clean floor with white-robed figures around her.

She lay there, waiting for them to hall her to her feet, slowly she opens her eyes, they were gone and the room was yet again back to being dark and abandoned ~I need to get out of here~ she thought. Groggily moving forward.

She continued on down the hall that seemed to go on forever, the cackling never once got louder as she walked. Passing by room after room, some she could recall seeing the people who once occupied them and new people who had come.

~~~~~~

She finally came to the end of the hall to two turns, one left, one right... She instinctively turned right and headed down the hall, as she did so the hall was returned to its original state, clean and brightly lit. Herself this time was dressed in the white lab coat. Getting to a metal door she reached out to open it and paused for a moment, why was this so familiar?

Shaking away the thought she pushed open the door and stepped inside. It was dark but she could make out a figure sitting at the table in the room. Blinking she looked behind her, the hall was no longer clean and bright. Turning back to the room the table was gone and in its place was a mirror.

Approaching the mirror she looked at it, reaching up she brushed away the dust to reveal the reflective surface. Ace let out a yelp in surprise for the face that looked back at her was twisted into an insane grin, its eyes blazing with crazed intentions... Taking a few steps back the flooring caved in from under her causing her to fall.

~~~

Ace hit the floor with a loud thud and jolted awake, shaking her head she looked around, she was, in her home? The TV had turned blue signaling the movie she had been watching was over ~ I must have fallen asleep ~She thought, getting up and walked to the kitchen and grabbed herself some water ~what a dream~ she thought walking back into the living room. She switched off the TV and headed for the bedroom. stepping into her room she yawned and closed her door.

Walking over to her bed she flopped down, looking at a picture beside her bed... the picture was of a deep green Viscet dressed in a fancy black, purple and white tux. ~Where are you, my love, ~ she thought, rolling over.

~~~~~

Around her the room materialized into a padded cell, the picture now lay on the floor beside her, along with a pack of playing cards. As she started to fall asleep the same insane cackling blew through the air something that she heard every day and every night. a sound she had grown so fond of yet, the one laugh she missed was of the Viscet's from the picture.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Last edited by Prince Audric on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:34 am, edited 16 times in total.
Quote from Assassins Creed
Prince Audric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corvuss » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:01 am

Username- sschw
Name- Jasper
Gender- Female

oH MY GOSH this bab is just too amazing
Last edited by Corvuss on Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corvuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yawning Pup » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:31 am

Mark!!!~
Image.......ImageImage
teamtrees.org // toyhou.se // my boglins
she/her --- I draw with a trackpad --- pms are always open <3
Yawning Pup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby padaleckii » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:39 am

Username- ~Prophecy~
Name- ?? The Prophet
Gender- Male
Gender for breeding- Male

a hound chased a rabbit, but gave up after a long run.
      a shepherd who watched came up to the hound and said,
      "the rabbit is the better runner." the hound replied,
      "i only ran for dinner.
      he ran for his life."

my: viscet storage » orb cat storage » deviantart » toyhou.se

also formerly known as ~prophecy~ & elysiium but i've
      been here nine years so don't blame me for changing it.

»»»
padaleckii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Knickknacks » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:51 am

mark- oh my gosh I'm in love.

Username- Knickknacks
Name- Eventide; "Eve" for short
Gender- Female
785/1000 wrote:Eventide’s sides rose and fell peacefully as she slept, tucked against the wall of her room on a low cot. Outside the walls of her simple home, the ground fell away, rocky slopes hurtling down to the sea below, waves lapping at the base of the cliff. The sky was darkening, the last vestiges of light from the sunset fading into the quiet blue-black of the night sky.

And Eventide slept.

~*~

Fire everywhere.

Burning. Screaming.

Pain. Guilt.

Fire, spiraling uncontrolled from her own paws-

Eventide awoke in a cold sweat, glancing wildly about as if she expected to see her spartan bedroom engulfed in flames. But apart from her breathing, the only sound was the relentless rolling of the waves below. No crackling flames or dying screams…

Eventide shook herself, fighting to calm her breathing. It was just a dream. No fire. No fighting. She clutched her blanket tightly, squeezing her eyes shut tightly. Breathe, Eventide. Breathe.

It was just a dream.

And yet… it wasn’t just a dream, but a memory. For the peaceful existence she led was not entirely undisturbed after all.

It was a long while before she was able to sleep again that night.

~*~

Eventide had grown up in a peaceful forested land to the east, in an unremarkable little village with loving parents. Magic and war were distant concepts to those in the village, who went about their daily routine while scarcely ever sparing thoughts for such things.

But it would not remain so for long.

As it turned out, a mage had been born into the village- none other than Eventide. It was a funny thing, the magic of that land. Sometimes magic appeared so consistently in families that you could swear it was genetic, while other times it popped up in the most unlikely of places.

These villagers were not a superstitious people. Unfamiliar with magic though they were, they were charmed and intrigued by the child’s gift, watching the dancing ribbons of flame she conjured with awe. A dangerous thing, fire… and yet in Eventide (Eve, they called her fondly)’s paws it seemed a beautiful thing, warm and inviting.

Then came the war.

A neighboring kingdom declared war against their own; the villagers were discomforted by this news but didn’t consider it an entirely immediate threat. Surely no harm would come to them in their secluded village. And yet one day, entirely normal by everyone’s count, the ordered stamping of a battalion of guards came marching down the rarely-used main road into the town square.

“Where is the mage?” their commander asked, the glint in his eyes and the steel in his voice leaving no room for questions or argument. Eventide was brought forward, now grown into a lithe young adult, her graceful appearance matching the beauty of the flames she conjured. Looking at her, the soldiers muttered amongst themselves. She doesn’t look like a fighter, they said. She’s barely more than a child.

And yet, as a mage, she was commanded to fight. The ruler of their kingdom had decreed that any mages whose names were present in the last census of the land were to be brought to the capital city to be drafted into the army. Despite any compassion they might have felt for her, Eventide was brought to the capital and outfitted for war. Though she dreaded having to fight, she was still amazed to see how many mages had been gathered from the corners of the land.

And then they were sent into the field, any hopes she’d had of an abrupt and convenient end to the war getting squashed as they gathered to receive their orders.

Then... then came the fighting. Eventide hated every moment of it- the changing of armor and weapons, the brutality of both the enemy troops and some of her fellows... and the fact that she was expected to use her fire against others.

It’s somewhat ironic that she was wounded by the very thing she was able to control- a flaming projectile burned her as she rushed out to help a downed soldier. Eventide was sent home due to her grievous burns, without once having used her fire.

And yet...

She didn’t return unchanged. The sights of the battlefield were not so easily forgotten by gentle Eventide. She wonders, sometimes, what it would have been like if she had used her powers as they wanted. If the pretty ribbons of flame she’d once conjured had been used to harm others. The thought of it is an object of torment to Eventide, appearing frequently in her dreams.

She retired to her peaceful cliffside existence, hoping that the beauty of undisturbed nature would help to drive away the horrors she had seen. It hasn’t worked, yet...

Last edited by Knickknacks on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Knickknacks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xelinator » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:55 am

ohh mark ;;

hello !! i'm a little dead rn,
getting my life in order <: !
will be visiting back on
occasion <3
[ viscets ]
i'm a random art student who really likes animals

Xelinator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Virixin » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:36 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

┌━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┐
user;; juice box.x☽ ☾xname;; Vritra
xgender;; malex
└━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┘

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝙸𝚜 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚖𝚜?

1000 words MAX

extra here

Virixin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the cuckoo ) ;

Postby mango marmalade,, » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:37 am

Username~ mango marmalade,,
Name~ Kazimir (No. 00742)
Name Meaning ~ He who destroys the world ; Destroyer of peace
Gender~ agender
Gender for breeding~ male
Prompt ~ Is everything as it seems? (1000 words MAX)
"You see, cuckoos are parasites. They lay their eggs in other birds' nests. When the egg hatches, the baby cuckoo pushes the other baby birds out of the nest. The poor parent birds work themselves to death trying to find enough food to feed the enormous cuckoo child who has murdered their babies and taken their places."

From the point of view of Modern Au Cienkam

space My eyes are dull as I glance over page after page of neat, typed resumes. It's been four hours since I stepped into the small, well lit office, and I feel as if I might explode if I read one more dull middle-aged Viscet's paper. Flipping the sheets over and over again, my mind glazes over and my shoulders droop. Lovely, another Viscet who graduated from a kind of well-known college with a Bachelor's Degree in Economics. I let my eyes drift from the paper, sighing as I fight the urge to throw every one out the window. I continue flicking past, but stop when my eyes hesitate on a seemingly innocent question. I read the answer twice, tilting my head ever so slightly.
space "Place of birth: Unknown"
space I look out the window overlooking the city to my left, and pause. Has anyone ever written that before? I pull the paper out of the stack and skim over it again, this time with a bit more intrigue.
space "Surname: N/A" Parents: N/A"
space I frown. What? That's impossible... Doesn't everyone have a last name? And, well, maybe they were an orphan or something. But in the back of my mind, I can't help feel that something is off about them.
space Slowly, I place the paper in my small stack of "keepers" to my right. Blinking, I shake my head before continuing my mindless task. However, as much as I try and focus on new papers, those phrases remain permanently fixed in the back of my mind the entire day.
space Finally, the day of the actual interviews came. After arriving at the office and nodding to my slightly nervous co-workers, I enter the room briskly. Placing the neatly stacked resumes on my desk, I take a seat and wave my hand as a signal to "come in". And as soon as the first Viscet steps into the room, I know immediately which resume belongs to them. Slowly, avoiding eye contact, I take out the resume.
space "Place of birth: Unknown"
space I look up. The Viscet is standing right in front of me, uncomfortably close to my desk. They are almost leaning over it, staring into my eyes. I stand up as well, extremely unnerved. I didn't hear a single footstep after the walked into the door. It was as if they just... appeared.
"Please take a step back."
space The Viscet seems to give a small smirk before stepping backwards. Their long teeth are unusually shiny, and they glint in even the dimmest of sunlight. However, it is not truly their appearance that is causing me to feel so unsettled.
space It is their eyes.
space No matter how hard I look, I do not see a glimpse of human in them. Viscet eyes, which are usually deep, often reflect what their soul is truly feeling. But these eyes are... shallow. I can't see past the surface, as if they are hiding something deep inside them. Even their breathing seems unnatural and forced, as if they are only doing it for show. I swallow, the adrenaline in me making my heart beat faster. However, I sit back down, despite hating the feeling of them looking down at me.
space I feel a shiver run down my spine as I force myself to speak to... it.
space "So... Why are you here?"
space They laugh, and I cannot begin to describe how much I hate it. It is mechanical in an extremely uncomfortable way, and just sharp enough that it makes your ears flinch. "Isn't it obvious?"
space I freeze, not knowing how to respond. What?
space "I'm here for a job."
space My shoulders release tension I didn't know I was carrying as I visibly relax. I am glad that it was such a basic answer. I was afraid they'd answer something far worse.
space "Okay... And why here? At this business?" My voice cracks in the middle but I am quick to keep talking.
space "This business just... interests me."
spaceThe entire room goes cold as they lock eyes with me. Again, with those unfeeling, shallow eyes. I break eye contact as soon as I can, not knowing what will happen if I don't. I try desperately to get back into my interviewers mindset, but it's hard.
space "Please be more specific."
space "I dunno. Maybe it's... the people."
space A shiver runs up my spine again, and I feel so, so deeply unnerved. They let their arms drop limply at their sides, and I see them. A pair of butterfly wings attached at the elbow. Usually wings look really complex and interesting, but these ones just look... Fake. There is a plastic sheen to them that no wings I know of have, and they almost crinkle when they move their arms.
space I coughed, directing my attention back to their hollow eyes. Now, I am no longer unnerved. I am terrified.
space "What's wrong?" They ask, in that awful metallic voice. "You seem... nervous."
space I suck in a shuddering breath, trying to maintain my composure. "Oh, I'm fine."
space I pause, then make a bold move in an effort to gain power over the conversation. "Now... Are you?"
space They look surprised, and I can see them going over my words in their head. "What?" Their voice is the same one, but I can hear the hints of doubt hiding behind their words.
space "I'm okay... But I think it's you I should be worried about." Now the conversation had completely shifted, with just one sentence. I held the power, as the interviewer should in an interview. I examined their face, waiting to pounce as soon as I saw the doubt get stronger.
space There it was. Their eyes darted to the door, ever so slightly, but I was quick to catch on. "What, you want to leave?"
space They quickly made eye contact with me, trying to feign ignorance, but I wasn't going to fall for that trick. I had seen many a faker in my life, a liar, a cheater, someone who isn't who they say they are. But this one... This one was different. And now that I was no longer on the defensive, I could figure out just what was wrong with them
space Suddenly, I stood up. "So. You want a job here?"
space They nodded, but I noticed they took a half step back when I stepped forward.
space I took a step towards them, keeping direct eye contact the entire time. They knew that I knew they were scared, so I took advantage of that by taking another step forward. And when they tried to step back again, I saw fear flash across their face when they hit the wall behind them.
space "What? Leaving so soon?" In a flash, I darted my arm out and grabbed their butterfly wing. If they were real, I wouldn't be able to pull them off. But if they were fake...
space RRIIPP
space In my hand I held a torn piece of fabric that had been airbrushed and spraypainted to resemble those gorgeous wings. I was shocked, not knowing what to do at this point. Neither did they apparently, because we both stood there, looking at the "wing".
space However, they recovered first, quickly darting around me and bolting for the door. I lunged at them as soon as they moved, reaching out to grab their tail. "Hey! Get back here!"
space They fumbled for the doorknob, and I quickly changed tactics, attempting to tackle them instead. However, as soon as I made contact with them, I heard an awful thud as my head slammed against their shoulder. It made a hollow ringing noise, and I groaned and fell to the floor. Their shoulder must have been made out of metal or something, because my head hurt so bad I couldn't stand up.
space They took off down the hallway, not stopping to look back. I rolled over and up, holding my head as I watched my confused coworkers slowly realize what happened.
space "Did they hurt you?" "Was it dangerous?" "Who are they?"
space I knew the answer for the first one; The rest I could guess, but I'd never know for sure. Not unless we met again...
xxxxx
xxxxx
(word count: 1305 / 2000)
^ I used space to indent 46 times so I subtracted that from the total ^
Last edited by mango marmalade,, on Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 12 times in total.
mango marmalade,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me