Viscet #2776 - Halloween CLOSED by park.

Based on Click to view
Artist park. [gallery]
Time spent 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
25 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2776 - Halloween CLOSED

Postby park. » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:58 pm

Username: Forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=195512
Name: Castor
GFBP: male
Owned Since: 10/4/2018

Pffftt I had to do it. Halloween viscet! My house has been decorated since September 1st, no joke. Have a lovely fall season, guys! The end date is on October 1st! To win this 'cet I just need to know a ghost story about them!

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Creepy/ Halloween gif (remember, stay within CS rules)
Tell me a ghost story with them in it. Were they a ghost hunter or... maybe they were the ghost? (Min: 200 words Max: 1000)
Extras: You are allowed up to 3 extras. An extra can be 500 words or an art piece (comics and animations are not allowed)
Last edited by park. on Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
wip
park.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2776 - Halloween OPEN

Postby Mint Chip » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:04 pm

potential ress;; this babe is gorgeous O:

Username: Mint Chip
    Name: Castor
    Creepy/ Halloween gif:
    Tell me a ghost story with them in it. Were they a ghost hunter or... maybe they were the ghost?
      Several viscets were gathered around, sitting atop barrels and crates on the deck of a large ship, talking about life and sharing their tales. Many of the crew had been a part of the privateer crew for ages but there were many young new faces amongst them as well. One of these was Castor, a bright young male who had recently joined the crew. As all of the viscets were reminiscing and sharing tales (some taller than others), an older crew member turned to Castor and raised an eyebrow.

"Awfully quiet, ain't you got some tale to tell?" The ocean colored viscet asked. The glow of the fire flickering over his features.

Another of the crew scoffed as he took a sig of his ale, "He ain't been on a ship long 'nuff to have a tale, Marlowe."

Marlowe glanced to the other before turning his gaze squarely on Castor. "His eyes tell a different story. How about it, boy? Spin us a tale."

Some of the others gathered just brushed it off as a waste of time, but others shrugged, willing to indulge Marlowe's request if the boy would. Castor glanced around the group gathered, uncertain of them or if the story he had should dare leave his lips but the intrigue and challenge of Marlowe's gaze were all he needed to push aside those thoughts.

"I've a tale, indeed I do, but it's not a tale for the faint of heart as I fear some of you may be," Castor began. He got some sneers and a few glares but he'd certainly captured their attention. "But if a tale is what you seek, I've certainly one for you."

"Years ago when I was but a young lad, I heard a tale, a rumor of a dangerous cavern. An undersea cavern they said that was supposedly located on the other side of my island's cape. Any viscets that visited that area of the oceanside were never heard from again.

"Many said that they simply drown but others said the cape was cursed. That the waters would lure in unsuspecting visitors to its depths, dragging them under to a watery grave. Older viscets claimed that the curse had been around longer than they but no one truly knew how old it was or if it were even a curse.

"There was a traveler in those days of my youth that claimed to have been to that forbidden shore. Said that the currents beckoned to him but he heeded its call not. He said when he refused the call that the waters brought forth a terrible mist that turned to a thick fog. An eerie light encompassing the shore as all fell silent. All but the ocean herself was silent.

"The traveler dared to turn from the water but just as he did something caught his eye, a glimmer of a lantern across the water cutting through the fog. He strained his gaze as a small boat came into view, the lantern rocking with the boat as it halted against the shore. Entranced by the vessel he approached, a sweet voice beckoning to him. But as he neared he found the boat empty aside from the lantern and two oars. According to the man, he saw a vision, a beautiful woman in a cavern calling to him, beckoning him to board the boat. Without thought, he began to climb inside until something jolted him back and made him run. He didn't know what it was but he claims it was the only way he made it out alive.

"My young mind reeled at the idea of such a wonder, curiosity filling me to the brim. My parents warned me as did my town to steer clear of the cursed cape. The traveler warning me to run if I ever stumbled upon it. But none of their warnings would deter my wandering mind. A mysterious phantom boat? A beckoning beauty within the cursed cavern? What treasures could be found in such a place where no one dared to go?

"It was foolish, even at that age I knew, but my curiosity could not be sated on stories and warnings alone. I had to see such a thing myself. I waited until the day of the annual harvest season festival and I ran, I ran far across the island to the place I knew the forbidden shores. The moon had risen high without a cloud in the night sky, across the island you could see and hear the fireworks that took over the night air. But my eyes were trained on that shore, ready and waiting for that beckoning call.

"Time passed too slowly, nearly standing still as I began to lose faith in the wondrous tale I'd been told. Perhaps the traveler was mad as the town seemed to believe. I turned crestfallen about to leave when from nowhere at all I heard the beckoning call. The sweetest voice I'd ever heard, calling out to me.

"Come to me."

"I heard her say, honeyed words pulling me to the water's edge. As the traveler had done, I too turned away, refusing the call but in hopes of seeing the sailor-less vessel. The words had been true before my eyes a fog befell the cape and in the distance, the flickering of a lantern swayed in time with the rocking of a boat.

"Come to me, curious boy."

"I heard once more, feeling her beckoning me off the shore. I hesitated but then stepped forward. I would not be tricked but I would step in the boat sure. As soon as my paw touched the boat, an icy chill gave me a jolt. Suddenly I could see her standing in the water before me. My heart stopping still. Surrounding her was not fog but countless lost souls, each staring out to me, begging me to run.

"My breath hitched as I turned and ran.

"Come back, curious boy," I heard her voice call."

(1000 / 1000 words)

Extra 1: Art

Extra 2 & 3: Story
      It was quiet on deck, only the sound of the water lapping at the sides of the ship. Midnight was quietest on board the privateer vessel, with most of the crew below deck resting or the few awake were watching their posts and not much else. The sky was clear of all clouds, promising to be a beautiful sunrise and clear sailing skies for the morrow. On a night so calm and still, it was an easy night to get some rest but for Castor, it was the exact opposite.

The bright viscet stood leaning against the side of the ship, looking out over the calm waters reflecting the lights of the stars and moon above. His posture tense, ears lower, as his mind swirled with heavy thoughts and troubles. To the side, a lighter viscet was walking the deck, not quite a nightly ritual but an occasional one at least. He twitched his rodent-like ears as he observed the young man a moment before stepping over to stand beside Castor who was lost in deep thought.

"Something on your mind, son?" The captain asked, his voice showing some concern for the younger crew member.

Castor tensed further, his whole body stiffening, his breath catching in his throat as he turned to his captain. Wordlessly he stared at Captain Hawkins until his eyes began to focus fully and his mind made sense of his presence.

"Captain," He dipped his head apologetically, "Apologies, sir, I didn't realize you were up this late hour."

"Aye, sometimes I wander the ship. Helps the soul to rest easy," Hawkins replied. He waited a moment for Castor to answer his initial question before asking again. "You seemed rather lost in thought, something troubling you?"

Castor looked away back over the water silently, wary to answer the question. It was obvious something had him on edge but whether he would disclose that information was anyone's guess. He tended to keep to himself, focusing on his work during the daylight hours and in the evening hours he kept to the side, listening but rarely speaking up.

"S'alright if you rather not say, sometimes you’ve just got to keep to yourself." Hawkins wasn't sure what was troubling his mind so much but he assumed it happened often. It wasn't a rare occurrence to see the boy standing on the deck when most would be asleep staring out over the waves at some unseeable thing.

"Just a night terror, sir," Castor replied, trying to brush it off. "It happens from time to time on nights like this."

Hawkins listened curiously, "On clear nights only?"

Castor nodded, "Aye. Only on clear nights." He never had night terrors during stormy or even cloudy nights, just on clear ones.

"You know, it's an old sailor's tale that if you recount the night terror aloud that it can dispel it from your mind," Hawkins commented. It was an old wive's tale actually but sometimes they told it to young sailors and crew if they were plagued with bad ones.

"I've yet to hear that one, sir." Castor didn't know if there were any truth to it but perhaps he could consider telling someone of the horror of his dreams. "But... if anything could dispel this dream, I'd gladly give it a shot." He exhaled uneasily a moment, glancing to his captain who gave him a nod to go on.

"It starts the same, I'm standing aboard a ship, it's a gloomy evening with mist heavy in the air. A chill in the air going straight to the bone but it's not the cold that makes me shiver. It is then that I see in the distance a ship coming forth from the fogs.

"I cry out loudly, "Enemy ship off the port side!" I scramble quickly for the captain's quarters but they are barred shut. I call out louder, alerting the crew at the top of my lungs until I realize there is no crew to speak of. I scale the ladders, calling to the crow's nest but when I reach the top there is no one.

"Startled at the fast approaching ship, I slid down the rigging as quickly as possible. As soon as my paws hit the deck, I'm off to take the helm and steer the ship. But with no one to man the sails, there's no changing direction fast enough. I brace for impact, knowing the enemy ship is coming at full steam for me.

"Then there is nothing, nothing but stillness. Stillness and the sound of my heart pounding against my chest. The blood roaring in my ears making it hard to hear anything but above it all, I hear a sickly sweet and familiar voice call out to me.

"My heart stops dead at her call. My breath catching in my lungs, unable and unwilling to leave my body. I will her away, this she-devil that calls to me but my only response is the heavy thud of a wood plank. My eyes snap open at the sound, my gaze meeting her glowing eyes.

"She beckons my soul, I know she does. Just as I deny her call again, I feel a rush of heavy wind and my eyes are face to face with her. Those eyes staring into my soul wickedly."

Castor shuddered, his stomach in knots even at retelling the nightmare. "Then I awake in a cold sweat, her eyes burned into the back of my mind." He swallowed hard, willing his stomach to settle.

Hawkins was silent, he looked out over the ocean as a tail wind picked up. "You know, son, I heard your story a few moons back." He heard Castor shift uncomfortably, "A lot of the crew don't believe in your story or the tale." He shut his eyes as he drew in a breath, "But I do."

Castor raised his gaze, turning to look at Hawkins with surprise.

"I believe," Hawkins looked to Castor seriously, "Because I've seen her myself."

( 1000 / 1000 words )

Credits:
Last edited by Mint Chip on Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Winchester's Wolf » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Username:
Winchester's Wolf

Name:
Cucurbita Jack

Tell me a ghost story with them in it. Were they a ghost hunter or... maybe they were the ghost? (Min: 200 words Max: 1000)

There were five vislings around the campfire, slowly enjoying their scrumptious s'mores that Isabelle's parents had prepared for them whilst they were getting ready for a small pre-Halloween party at Kaleb's house. Kaleb's parents were rich- which meant that they owned a three-story mansion that was deemed haunted by a ghost by the name of Cucurbita Jack, a filthy rich nobleman that only had his mind set on money and his favorite holiday of all: Halloween. But one fateful Halloween night, Cucurbita Jack passed away from a heart attack, which was caused by his great-grandson jumping out of the shadows to greet him. But that is not all true as it seems.

The kids sat there, staring into the bright orange fire, watching as it danced around playfully. Their heads soon jerked over towards the bushes that rustled in the wind. But it wasn't the wind that caused the bushes to move, it was actually Isabelle's father who jumped out, wearing a pumpkin as a mask. "BOO!" screamed Donald, with his arms up and raised, his claws unsheathed. The vislings screamed, almost dropping their half-eaten s'mores on the beaten path. "Donald!" cried Isabelle's mother, who was watching from the trailer door, "Be kind to the kids! They don't want to end up like Cucurbita Jack!". At the mention of that name, Donald froze, looking down, not only because of the scolding, it was because of the misfortune that happened a while back.

"I'm sorry Sarah. I just wanted to give the kids a little scare, that's all!" he said, a small smirk on his face, which was hidden by the 'mask'. The kids quickly recollected themselves before looking over at Donald, "Papa, who's Cucu...Jack?" asked Isabelle, with a hint of interest in her voice. Donald smiled softly before taking his seat on the closet stump that was near the kids, but not near the fire.

"Donald, doncha tell 'em!" screamed Sarah, who wasn't with this idea at all.

Ignoring her wishes, Donald spoke, "Why Izzy, Cucurbita Jack was a nobleman that was filthy rich, richer than your friend Kaleb over yonder," he mused, jerking his head over towards the chubby viscling that stopped in mid-chew, "But I can assure you that he wasn't as nice as you may think- no. He was greedy. He didn't want to share his money with his family nor with the townsfolk. No. But at least he was decent enough by giving out candy to us kids back then. It was said that Halloween was his favorite holiday, which was no surprise as he looked like an alive, talking and walking candy corn."

There were a few giggles that rippled through the children, even Donald chuckled at his half-hearted dad joke.

"All jokes aside though, Cucurbita Jack didn't last very long, no. It was midnight, meaning that it was Halloween morning. There was a loud banging noise at the door. It didn't help the fact that it was thundering outside, which had given Jack an early spook...As he traveled down the stairs with a taper in hand, his great-grandson, Abraham Livingston, jumped from the shadows in his Halloween costume, shouting on the top of his lungs, which struck the old man's heart, causing him to fall to the floor in total shock, with the taper at his side. It was said that the old coot never woke up."

After the story, the kids stared at him with looks of confusion as they never got what it actually meant. Suddenly, the fire sprouted up, making a gigantic flame, in the shape of an adult viscet. Before their very own eyes, the image came clear: an angry old viscet with orange and white markings and a mane that was black as the night appeared before them. "TIS SAID THAT HE ALSO MADE DEALS WITH THE DEVIL. I would've come back...and I did, only to collect your souls!" the fire shouted, causing the children to scream and scatter, dropping their unfinished s'mores in the process.

Donald cackled whilst Sarah called out at them, swearing that she would have their tails for that.

The fire laughed before dying down. Once it did, alone viscet stood there and stepped out of the pit, soon to pick up a couple of graham crackers off of the ground. "I think that was a bit too much, Abraham.". "Aye, at least we got rid of the kids and my wife." Abraham mused, chuckling as he crossed his legs.

Jack rolled his eyes before sitting on one of the stumps, brushing the dirt off of the graham cracker before taking a bite out of it. Abraham pretended to retch, but the Jack just ignored it, enjoying the honey coated sweet. The corners of his mouth curled into a twisted smile, showing off his sharp teeth that never dulled despite eating soft foods. His head jerked to his great-grandson with his tongue curling upwards, allowing foam to drip out of his mouth. Abraham startled, falling backward on the ground, with his hind legs up.

Cucurbita Jack cackled softly before resting his face, allowing another piece of the sweet melt into his mouth, "My, oh, my, I sure do love Halloween."

(WC: 879 words)

Extras: You are allowed up to 3 extras. An extra can be 500 words or an art piece (comics and animations are not allowed)
(probably gonna do more..dunno. I made it smaller so it would fit -3-)
Last edited by Winchester's Wolf on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winchester's Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenlittlesoldierboys » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:55 am

Username: tenlittlesoldierboys
      Name: Poe
      wip

the sun to my moon ☀️🌕
they/them or he/him
teacher and writer from Austria
die-hard horror enthusiast
computer game obsessed
literature, film & tv-nerd
Viscets - toyhouse
tenlittlesoldierboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xelinator » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:41 am

oh no he's gorgeous ;; possible mark
Username:
Name:

hello !! i'm a little dead rn,
getting my life in order <: !
will be visiting back on
occasion <3
[ viscets ]
i'm a random art student who really likes animals

Xelinator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prince Audric » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:46 am

Username: Prince Audric

Name: Bishop

Quote from Assassins Creed
Prince Audric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hydra. » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:12 am

ah, can't find the muse for the story, sorry! good luck to all!

(dropping out)
Last edited by Hydra. on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hydra.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:36 am

marking! what a lovely viscet <3

Postby mango marmalade,, » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:53 am

Username:
Name:

sobs bc spooky & orange = fav designs
mango marmalade,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:29 am

Wowie :O they're stunning !
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me