Artist lex [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 1 minute
Drawing sessions 2
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2718 - The Third Howl

Postby lex » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:55 pm

the third wolf. reminds me of coffee, somehow

End Date: 8/20/2018 / 10:00 PM CST

This is writing contest. Winners will be judged based on effort and creativity, not necessarily how skilled they are as a writer. You have 1250 words to answer the prompt.
You may include 1 uncolored, unshaded sketch as an extra if you like.

Prompt: Moon
Feel free to take this however you will. Does the moon do something to them? Do they travel in space? etc.

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Writing: (1250 max)
Sketch: (Uncolored, unshaded)

Owner:
Name:
Owned as of:

Mutations:
None
Last edited by lex on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lex

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2718 - The Third Howl

Postby Ivyscribblez » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:04 pm

Username: Ivyscribblez
Name: Delilah
Gender for breeding purposes: Female
Writing: (1249 words)
Delilah watched the fire crackle as she waited. Just a few more hours until the moon would rise. Just a few more hours until she got her life back.
The flames danced around Delilah’s smooth fireplace, reminding her of the happy days gone by. It wasn’t her fault that they where gone.
Calm yourself, Delilah squeezed her eyes shut and tried to block the negative thoughts. Yes, her magic was gone and it wasn’t her fault. But if everything went right tonight, she would have them back.
She glanced out the window to check the night’s progress. The moon was slowly rising, still not high enough for Delilah to set out. According to the book, the blue moon needed to be exactly lined up with the North Star. Judging by its position right now, she would need to leave in an hour.
Delilah took a deep breath, swishing her dark tail. When she got her powers back she would be sure to find the one who had taken them. Damian. The traitor who had exposed her. It was him who Delilah had told about her spy role for the resistance, and he who told the Emperor. Delilah shuddered as she remembered the the Emperor’s snarl as he used his own magic to take hers. He had exiled her to the very outskirts of the kingdom, a harsh, cold, unforgiving landscape. There where a few others who lived there, and it was one of them- a old cet named Hanagen- that Delilah had learned she could get her powers back from. She had given Delilah the book which had told her all about the Blue Rose and it’s wish-granting powers. The only other way to get them back was another mage’s spell- and there were no other mages that she knew of in exile.
Delilah glanced out the window. The moon was getting close to the mark where she would need to leave, but wasn’t quite there. She was tired of sitting around- she was going to go get her life back.
Delilah stuffed some materials into her satchel- an item she had received at the beginning of her mage training. She slung it on and bolted out the door, quickly pulling out the book from Hanagen out.
She flipped to the bookmark she had put in at the Blue Rose page. She began reading-
Follow the moon north. The Rose is likely to be at the foot of the largest mountain in any range. There is only one Rose every range, and only one Rose can be harvested each year.
Delilah shut the book and placed it back in her satchel. She looked up towards the moon- it was for sure pointed North. Shaking herself a little bit, Delilah set out for the mountains.
Judging in the distance, she guessed it would take about three hours to get to the mountains. She had no idea how long it would take to find the Rose, but she would need to get it fast in case anyone else was looking for it. Delilah stepped up her pace a little bit.
The journey was fairly uneventful. The night was lit up fairly well by the blue moon, which was a great advantage for Delilah. She moved swiftly through the trees while avoiding making much noise. Despite the biting cold, the thought of regaining her powers and her happiness drove her onwards. Delilah didn’t stop until she reached the foot of the tallest mountain.
With a shaky breath, Delilah surveyed the land around her. It didn’t take her long to spot it- the Blue Rose. The magical flower that had the power to give her her magic back grew out of a small crevice next to a large pine tree. She took a deep breath and shook herself, then rushed over to collect the Rose.
Her paws shook as she reached down to pick the Rose. Finally. After five long years of losing herself, she could be returned-
“Excuse me, miss?”
Delilah whipped around to see a fairly young Viscet standing behind the pine tree. He looked around 2 or so, still young but old enough to make the journey by himself.
The viscetling coughed a little bit. “I-is that the Blue Rose?” His eyes sparkled in the moonlight, wide and hopeful.
Delilah frowned. “Yes. But you can’t use it to get yourself a pet pony or whatever else you kids might want-“ Delilah stopped as she watched the child step out into the light. His coat was ragged and matted, and his breaths were shaky. His eyes were glazed over with a sickly sheen, and he limped a little with his right front paw. This cetling was sick. Very sick.
“I don’t want to use the Rose for a pony,” the cetling said, looking confused. “I need to help Mommy. She’s sick.” The cetling looked down with a small sniffle.
Delilah gazed at the cetling in pity. The poor child was obviously very sick, and he was most likely not lying about his mother being sick.
I should give the Rose to him. Delilah realized.
But your magic! Your happiness! she argued with herself.
You've lived your life. Let the child live his.
She took a deep breath and swallowed back a sob.
“What.. what were you going to use the Rose for, miss?” The cetling asked.
Delilah smiled sweetly at him. “I used to be a mage, but I had my powers taken away. I was going to use it to get them back.” She carefully plucked the Rose from the ground, cradling it in her paws. “But I’m going to give it to you to help you and your Mommy get better.” With shaking paws and a sinking heart, Delilah held the Rose out to the child.
The cetling took it, his eyes wide. “T-thank you, miss,” he whispered. He gingerly held it up to the moon so that it fit perfectly inside the milky sphere. “I wish that me and Mommy were healed and we would never get sick again.”
Delilah shut her eyes and tried not to sob. That was it. She would never have her powers back. Her life was empty.
At least the cetling was happy.
“Well, I... guess I’d better be getting back then.” Delilah sniffed. “It was nice meeting you. What’s your name?”
The newly healed cetling sat up a bit. “James.” He said. “What’s yours, miss?”
Delilah gave a sad smile. “Delilah.” She responded. “I’ll help take you home.”
Delilah followed James back down through the forest, trying not to cry.

Delilah creaked open the door to James’ cabin. Inside sat his mother, who seemed to be singing to herself joyfully. James poked his head in. “Momma?” He called out.
The mother turned around at the sight of her son and ran towards him. She wrapped him up in her arms ina tight embrace, whispering “you did it” over and over.
After a few moments the mother turned to Delilah. “Did you help him?” She asked.
“No, Mommy,” James answered. “She found the Rose first, but she gave it to me.” He smiled at her.
“Oh my,” the mother widened her eyes. “Thank you... is there anything I can do to reward you?”
Delilah exhaled with a sad smile. “Nothing you can do about it. It’s okay.”
The mother shook her head with a laugh. “Darling, I’m a mage,” she said.
Delilah turned back around, eyes wide. “In that case, yes,” she exclaimed.

Last edited by Ivyscribblez on Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:16 am, edited 6 times in total.
ivy| fluent in meme, vine, and english
christian | sagittarius | ravenclaw | ambivert
pfp credit | my flight rising | my deviantart
Ivyscribblez

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pacsaj » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:07 pm

Mark
•Icon made by Doosio on DA

Pacsaj

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stitch~ » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:39 pm

Username:xostef202
Name: Styx
Gender for breeding purposes: male...
Last edited by Stitch~ on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
──── comrades to die ─
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
Coding Artist
My Viscets My Khims My Dogons

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Hey! I'm Stitch previously xostef202.
I am part of two communities
Viscets and Khimaira Friesians.
If you see me around don’t
be afraid to say hi to me or ask
any questions.

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
── with my life ───────
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Stitch~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:09 pm

Username:
Name:

Res:
moonkin
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby RadioactiveRenegade » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:40 am

Username: ~❤~TheMazeRunner~❤~

Name: Sawako

Gender for breeding purposes: Female

Writing: Sawako - The Misunderstood

Sawako, born on the full moon, as a young viscling was always happy in life. She loved gardening and butterflies. Her favorite season was spring. She was free spirited and always wanted to make friends, however, she was unsure exactly how to do so. Her mother and father loved her very much, however as the family the grew older, her parents passed away. Sawako then grew even more unsociable, often just tending to her little garden. The other Viscets in her pack often ignored her. She had one friend from a separate pack however and her friend would often visit her. One day, a new male cet was introduced to her pack. She tried to be friendly to all the viscera, despite being a bit of a loner, because she wanted to make new friends and be helpful to her pack. One day, when she was wandering around she spotted the new Viscet wandering around seeming a tad lost.

"H-hello. I-if you're looking for the watering hole it's to the east about 6km," she said a bit nervously.

He looked at her and smiled brightly, "Thank you!"

She stood there shocked and in awe. This was the first time a Viscet other than her parents had smiled at her and showed her kindness. Most other viscera just ignored her, or apologized looking mildly terrified.

After a few moments she replied, "y-you're welcome. My name is Sawako."

"Sawako. I like it. I'm Shouta. I gotta go, but maybe I'll see you around!" With that, he left for the watering hole.

Sawako was stunned, and intrigued by the new Cet.

As the year went on she started bumping into Shouts more and more. When she asked him if he would like to be her friend, his response was even more of a shock than when he was first kind to her. He said that they were already friends. As time went on the other female Cets began to grow jealous of Sawako. Shouta always told her to stand up for herself. One day, Sawako told all the female viscets that it was all a big misunderstanding and that her and Shouts were just friends. After a few months the other viscets realized that Sawako was always trying to help and just wanted to make friends. They all began accepting her and helping her with the garden. She taught them all new things and pretty soon her entire pack was wanting to be friends with her. She thanked Shouta, because without his help she would mever have made so many friends or made her dream of being helpful come true. Shouta however shook his head with a smile and told her that it was all because she was trying so hard, and all the other pack members saw the effort she was making. In the end, she realized she had at some point devolped feelings for Shouta. He had also developed feeling for Sawako.neither of them had the guts to tell the other. A few of the females grew jealous again. They threatened her, called her names, and started spreading rumors about her. She tried to stand up for herself. One day she just couldn't take it anymore and told the them how she really felt, remembering Shouta's words. Saying that if she didn't express herself properly people would misunderstand. She told them how she felt about Shouta. Little did she realize he had been there the whole time. They both confessed right then and there. Shouta told the others that if they had a problem with it, they could talk to him about it.

That year Sawako's birthday was yet again on a full moon. Shouta had set up a cute little date, however he was super nervous. Sawako and Shouta started out the day playing at the watering home and going around to all of her friend's houses. By the end of the night Shouts took her to the spot where they first bumoed into Each other. They reminisced some old memories and then he confessed to her again asking her to be his. Sawako, in tears of happiness, nodded her head and they shared a sweet kiss.

Now as adults, Sawako and Shouta are rarely ever seen apart from Each other. Every year that Sawako's birthday falls on a full moon, the couple spends their day doing fun things, and at night they go to the place of their first encounter where they express their feelings of love for eachother. A little secret between just the two of them. A special moment in Sawako's heart. A little treasure all their own.

Sawako will never forget the one she loves. The one who gave her courage to break free. The one who taught her that even though something may be scary at first, it's always best to try anyway because if you don't try you have already failed. This is the significance of the moon to Sawako. The full moon that falls on her birthday to be exact. [840 words]

Sketch:
Sawako sleeping with a succulent she planted
Last edited by RadioactiveRenegade on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RadioactiveRenegade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenlittlesoldierboys » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:00 pm

Username: tenlittlesoldierboys
      Name: Jericho
      Gender for breeding purposes: female
      Writing: (1233 / 1250)

"They want to kill me?"
      Her eyes fluttered and she was on the edge of tears, as she looked at the other deity with disbelief. The deity of darkness, long before time also known as the deity of earth's and eqorah's moon, stood across the Viscet deity of creation, who offered her counterpart a sad smile.
      "Don't be afraid, Jericho, I can save you. After all, I know what it's like to feel forbidden love."
      "But what is so forbidden about our love, Aoife?" Just looking at the other deity made her forget her own worries for a split second. The mother, as many younger deities liked to call her, appeared tired and old and once in a while there was a certain look in her eyes, that made Jericho shiver.
      "What is forbidden about love between life and death, Jericho? Neither of us know, but the others think it is destroying earth just as eqorah was destroyed, a long time ago." She gazed back over her shoulders and let out a loud sigh.
      "Follow me, Jericho. We need to hurry, before the others catch up on us."
      "Can I at least see her again... for one last time?"
      "No, you need to go. Now. But don't worry," Aoife smiled, her paw touching the forehead of the doomed deity, who trembled under her touch "she will always be by your side. Your day to your night."
      "What will happen to... me?" She thought of the grey formation in the sky, that brought darkness to earth every night.
      "I don't know." Aoife's voice was a mere whisper and when Jericho tried to look at her, she found herself unable to. Everything she saw was a bright light, then she felt like she was falling.
      After a while, the bright light faded and everything went black. She slowly lost her conciousness.
      When Jericho woke up again, she found herself resting on the ground, snuggled into soft grass and surrounded by trees, the whispering of the wind in her ears.
      She sighed out loud and opened her eyes; for the split of a second she was afraid of what she might see, but everything around her appeared ordinary and calm.
      "The mortal world." She whispered. To her surprise it was dark, night in the mortal world, and when she looked up at the sky, she saw a strange round thing, that looked just like her moon. Could it be? But why was it shining bright, instead of sending darkness down to earth? "Sun." She sighed. Her love.
      She rose slowly, wandering around. It appeared that Aoife had sent her down to eqorah and by the look of her reflection, that she saw in the river, when she went down to drink, she had been turned into a Viscet; her pelt pitch black, just like the darkness she represented.
      For some reason this made her smile. This particular species reminded her of her love who had always liked these peculiar creatures and even had transformed herself into one, when she walked down on the mortal realms.
      Jericho sighed again, the thought of sun brought her to the edge of tears again. She wanted nothing more than to see her again and hold her, but she knew, that she needed to stay hidden. Even if she was able to find sun, none of the other deities were allowed to see them together - or see her, Jericho, at all - or otherwise, they would kill her for certain.
      Time passed and Jericho had started to make herself at home. After she had arrived, she had wandered the forest until she reached a village, where she introduced herself as a foreigner from faraway lands. None of the other Viscets asked any questions, they took her in with open arms and although some of them met her with confused smiles due to her slightly unusual behaviour - as Jericho was not used to mortal manners - she was never treated as an outcast.
      She stayed true to her name, but besides that, she had taken another identity. Realizing that she still possessed most of her magical powers, she soon made herself a name as the healing mage of the village. Whenever someone was hurt, they sought her out, and she knew a spell or a herb for everything, not just physical pain.
      Only those who wanted to do bad with the magic she provided, she did chase away. Jericho wanted nothing more than to leave the repetition behind, that she had held within the deities; most of them had thought, that she was not only the deity of darkness, but also the patron of all evil and there had been a time when Jericho herself had believed all this herself.
      Only sun had made her realize, that she was better than that, more than that.
      Whenever someone would ask for the source of her powers, she would simply reply: "The moon."
      After all, it was not a lie, right? And many other witches, she thought, were claiming to drain their source of power from her, so there was nothing suspicious about it. And there was something else she could not deny: Night made her feel alive. Whenever she stared at her old self, she felt better. She felt save. Seeing the dead rock shining down on eqorah reminded her, that sun still loved her.
      The claim for her source of power and her pelt colors, who reminded many of those of a wolf, brought her the nickname Lupus Lunae, the wolf of the moon.
      She soon became a figure that stories were told about. The wolf of the moon, who could heal and whose pelt was slowly getting lighter, as if being kissed by the sun.
      Jericho herself had no idea why her pelt, that used to be pitch black when Aoife had sent her down to eqorah, had started to indeed get lighter over time; but the thought of sun, her one and only love, perhaps knowing where she was, was good enough for her.
      The thought of her dark heart and soul being warmed by the rays of the great star was everything Jericho needed to keep on going and everything that kept her on her feet, when she started to doubt herself.
      After a few years, Jericho started to feel lonely, no matter how much she surrounded herself with other Viscets from the village. As sun as the sun set and her counterpart in the sky was the only thing leading her the way, she headed out the door and never returned.
      She wandered around for weeks - which turned into months, which turned into years-, looking for a new place to stay, a new place to call home. But no matter where she went, she never stayed for too long.
      The story of Lupus Lunae soon turned into a legend, almost a myth. Stories were told about a lone wolf, howling to the moon at night, because she could not feel home down on eqorah.
      However, the stories were not paticularly true. Sure, there was a lone wolf searching for a place to stay, but that wolf was not longing for the moon, no, as she was no one but the moon herself.
      She was the moon longing for the sun, the darkness longing for light.
      But did she ever find what she was looking for?
Last edited by tenlittlesoldierboys on Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:36 am, edited 6 times in total.

the sun to my moon ☀️🌕
they/them or he/him
teacher and writer from Austria
die-hard horror enthusiast
computer game obsessed
literature, film & tv-nerd
Viscets - toyhouse
tenlittlesoldierboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThePaintedPitBull » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:04 am

Mark!

painted or pitbull
my loves
longnecks and dr.pepper
ThePaintedPitBull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HandleAnimal » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:19 am

Username:
Cry_Like_A_Wolf

Name:
Kuu Korian

Gender for breeding purposes:
Male

Writing:
(1250 max)
Mother always told him about how the moon is afraid of the bright light the sun brings at day and runs below the earth for shelter
Mother passes away and he decides to discover the moon
Father always looked down upon him
Embarks on a journey across the entire world to discover it
Leaps and manages to get upon the moon
Now a close friend to the moon god/deity
Father enjoys looking for his son whenever a full moon arises

Sketch:
(Uncolored, unshaded)

Sadly have to drop out.. I don’t feel I have a chance. Life is much too busy and there’s a form here I know for a fact I can’t out do. With tomorrow being my first day home at the new house... and it being the second week of school... it’s just too much. While I adore this guy to death, I don’t want to get my hopes up when it’s not reasonable. Good luck everyone.
Last edited by HandleAnimal on Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"no king bed covered in roses
╔═════════════════╗
Art | Customs | TH | FR
╚═════════════════╝
just a room without a view”
HandleAnimal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sinful_Lies » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Username: Sinful_Lies
Name: Kamaria {Swahili name meaning beauty of the moon or moonlight}
Gender for breeding purposes: Male
Writing:
(249 of 1250)
My eyes took in the view around me, an endless forest at the bottom of the mountain I stood on. I took a deep breath of the crisp autumn air. I began to make my way down to the forest below as the sound of footsteps and crunching leaves became apparent behind me, they were catching up. I had to get away.

My body was exhausted from the exertion of continuously running from the thing behind me. As I ran my once kept fur became disorderly and tangled, twigs and leaves cracking beneath my heavy footsteps. Night was slowly setting in as continued to run, I needed to get away from them as fast as I could.

The sunset cast a gorgeous glow to the forest around me, something I would admire one day, but today wasn’t it. Just as I thought I was in the clear I felt the weight of something on top of me, taking me down with it. We both went rolling down the hill in a jumble of limbs and fur, when we finally stopped at the bottom of the hill we both ended up on our back looking up at the sky. Laughter erupting from the both of us.

“I told you I am faster.” Ospra, my best friend, spoke.

“Okay, okay, you win.” I answered laughing softly.

I looked back towards the sky above us, it had become darker by now. The beautiful night sky cradling a full moon in it’s stars.

xx│ She/Her │ xx
Semi Active
PFP made by faded_dreams11 and Sig art by aortic

FRKalons
Sinful_Lies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me