Based on Click to view
Artist lovage [gallery]
Time spent 19 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

kalon kit readoptions - winner on pg. five

Postby lovage » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:57 am

i am putting these two up for readoption after having them both for a bit with a struggle to find ideas for them. they are both blank slates and may be grown. the competition is unlimited impress me, but it's has a prompt of how they view their world. you must also add your current amount of kalons just because i'll like for at least one of them to go to somewhere with fewer kalons. however, all may enter and have an equal chance of equal chance of winning despite the number of kalons one may have.

i only have four things for this whole competition.
      one. follow all cs rules for the form.
      two. you may enter for both, but it will be highly unlikely for you to receive them both.
      three. after the winners are announced, don't say any rude about the results. The
      four. this isn't a requirement, but you may have a partner as long as you state who your partner is and have link to their form in your post.

skeleton form:
    Code: Select all
    [u]username;[/u]
    [u]number of kalons;[/u]
    [u]top, bottom, or both?;[/u]

[u]name;[/u]
    [u]gender;[/u]

[u]prompt;[/u]

go crazy from here.

the current end date is september seventeenth, and winners should be announced a week or two after the end date. extensions may be asked for and i'll only give two extensions of asked through pms. here's a countdown to the end date.

any questions please pm me about.

(yes, the timer is correct. i was trying to write readoption, but it didn't work.)
Last edited by lovage on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ vesper ] the son of the high defender

Postby Marsh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:14 am

═════════════════
username Marsh
number of kalons Six
top, bottom, or both? Bottom

═════════════════

Magic is not a practice.
It is a living, breathing web of energy that,
with our permission,
can encase our every action.

═════════════════
name Vesper Bartolomei
meaning Evening star
gender Male
age Fourteen
sexuality Asexual

═════════════════

My father was my only role model and every part of the man I aspire to be. As a child, I viewed him as the most amazing man I knew. His powers were matched by none and to this day his achievements continue to inspire my learnings and who I am today. Among our people he became almost legendary and his name became too powerful a word to be spoken in ordinary conversation. Our people gave him the title of the High Defender and he lived up to the expectations associated with his name without complaint. My father died the most honourable death defending his art and protecting his family. My people were scattered among the nations, but since then I have been left to my own devices to try and forge my own way through this bleak life.

"You are a very gifted young warlock," he would always say to me, "But that will never be enough. To be the best you have to continue to grow your own knowledge with every chance you get."

The world I see is dull - literally - and completely devoid of colour. There are pathetic amounts of good among those existing on this humble rock of ours and humanity is too self-absorbed to notice, that or they're the ones inflicting the pain and suffering upon our people. I struggle to see the good as much as I cannot see the colour so many have tried to describe to me. The world I see is in monochrome. The leaves on the trees: grey, the clear daytime sky: grey. Everything I see is in varying shades of grey with the occasional mingle of blacks and whites thrown into view. As a child it always bothered me when the rest of my acquaintances found joy because they could see the beauty of colour while I felt oppressed by the injustice of my condition and the lack of colour - in every sense of the meaning - of my own sorrowful existence. So, when my father died, I came to this library where I compose these essays once a week, and I haven't left since. Everything in my life at the moment seems to be cause for these writings, one day my essays shall be found and perhaps those who mocked me shall finally know what it is like to live without being able to fully see the beauty of what our species has achieved.

The place I have come to call home since my father's passing is a library extending through many underground floors, every wall lined with bookshelves and every shelf teeming with ancient tomes. Every day of my life for the forseeable future consists of books, books and more books. I spend my mornings learning new incatations, runes and potions. I spend my afternoons practicing my new skills on dummies I have constructed specifically for the purpose and, on the rare occasion someone dares venture into my library, on poor unsuspecting vistiors. I spend my evenings reparing the leather bindings of ancient volumes and then re-alphabetising shelves based on what has been mended or read since the last organisation. It's not much, but for me it's enough. My library is a wealth of still untapped knowledge which I am only just scratching the surface of - and it's all mine.

I haven't had reason to leave the library since I came here, there is nothing for me outside anymore. Down here, though, I don't notice the absence of colour in my life. Books are, after all, written in black ink on white pages that age into a gorgeous light grey. Every sensation is different when you're reading. The colour of the world seems to seep in through the magnificent smells of a centuries-old volume with the words of someone who lived in a very different world.

Even though the life I lead is simple, it feels physically painful to know that I can never fill the footsteps left behind by my father. His greatness surely cannot be matched by a boy with his head buried in books all day with no people to protect. I know I will never be the great defender of a people that he was, but that won't stop me from trying to learn all I can just in case I ever leave. Just in case I ever stumble upon a defenceless civilisation of people terrorised by the evils of this world. Just in case I have the opportunity to become the man my father always wanted me to be. I have seen what the world can do to its inhabitants first hand and the self-destroying running theme of humanity, so forgive me for the fear I conceal of what could happen if I step outside.

An essay composed by V. Bartolomei, son of the High Defender
Last edited by Marsh on Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
x
art by lavender towns

thxxxxcoding shopxxxxda

nice people alert
senti nilla snow teri lethal

kalsxxmarsh#7080xxkhims

hey everyone! i'm slowly attempting to
come back after a long hiatus !! i love talking to
people so always feel free to chat - i'm quite forgetful
so if i've forgotten something please let me know!
as always I'm fastest to reach on discord

Marsh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kalon kit readoptions

Postby Yuroshi » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:15 am

Mark

PM's are always open, no matter what.
Have a wonderful day~

Avatar done by the amazing QueenNyra!!
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thani » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:16 am

username; Thani
number of kalons; 0
top, bottom, or both?; Top

name;
gender; Female

prompt; W.IP

Their Universe

The Planets

An inventor by day

An inventor by night

Relationship with her Brother

Possibly how they grew up/ How their younger years were

The War of the planets

The siblings being separated

I am prepared to go all out . these two have inspired me.

Huge massive WIP
Working with a partner for the top one.
Last edited by Thani on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thani | Any Pronouns | Frog lover| Stars TH | OC TH
pfp by Swishy & Broken Page Doll by néktar
Thani

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby annie15970 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:17 am

Mark
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌─────────────────────┐

Every life is a pile of good things and bad things
The good things don't always soften the bad things,
but vice versa the bad things don't always spoil
the good things and make them unimportant.

Equine Stable | Commissions| My Kalons | ©

└─────────────────────┘

ImageImageImageImage
annie15970

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OriGalaxii » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:17 am

mark!
🦄Direcorns🦄
✨Cosmicats✨
♡My Mews (MFA)♡
🌟Storkverse Mega Storage🌟
♡Art Shop♡
OriGalaxii on practically everything

Heyo, im Ori!
Commissions Always Open
He/They, Lune/Luneself
OriGalaxii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zakuro. » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:53 am

username; zakuro.
    number of kalons; 10 currently under my possession though i am looking to trade/gift one
    top, bottom, or both?; bottom !

name;
    gender;

prompt;

go crazy from here.
zakuro.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:06 am

username;
Breado
number of kalons;
top, bottom, or both?;
tippy top

name;
Aquila Temery
[Aquila, meaning "eagle" and
Temery, from temeritas, meaning "rashness, temerity"]

gender;
male

stories at the end

prompt;
This question has two meanings for Aquila:
Physically, he can't see at all without the aid of a magic item he found, called the Mole's Blindfold. This blindfold allows him to see the white outlines of objects when something makes a sound. In short, the blindfold lets him orientate by using echolocation.
Now about what he thought of the world before the curse:
Aquila saw the world as a place full of challenges to overcome! Everything that got in his way he saw as a solvable problem, either with force or with his mind. Well, for him, usually it was more force than mind.
He didn't really stop to observe all the small details of a leaf or sat down to listen to the birds and relax; one could almost say he looked like he was late for a meeting!
But when he lost his sight, he started seeing the world as a menacing, scary place and first he barely dared to move. But over time, with the help of Arlana, he started to ever-so-slowly get used to being blind and he's starting to appreciate the sounds and things surrounding him, using them to his advantage to aid him while traveling.

With being blind, he lost his most useful sense; since he was cursed, he's been unable to read the spells and has to memorise them by asking his sister to read them out in a way that doesn't trigger the spell itself. Even with the Mole's Blindfold, he's unable to read any kinds of flat-surface text.

Before the curse:
Pride and bravery were always in his eyes; they shined with a look that gave everyone the impression that he was up to no good.
Other kalons, who didn't know the siblings personally, had an opinion in favour of his sister, Arlana; compared to her, the brother was an obnoxious and reckless kid who picked fights really easily. But the truth is, if you got to know him better, he was only half of those.
Reckless, he indeed was, when picking fights with everyone; his pride was hurt not once when he decided to go and try to show off his strength with the wrong kalon. But despite his failures, he just didn't want to give up until he defeated his opponent. When there was a circle of kalons cheering for two others fighting in the middle, it had a high chance that one of the fighters was Aquila. He wanted to stay true to his name.
Strong. Free. Proud.
When someone indeed gets the courage to get to know him better, they'd soon realise that they'd found a loyal and playful friend who'd go to great lengths to defend his friends and show them that he is indeed someone other than an annoying little kid.
Aquila lived with his mother and father, the

Home, sweet stone:
The once lively miner-town, Stancæster is where the two siblings were born. It's a pretty place with a mine near it, that's where most kalons here work at.
They lived here with their mother and father, the town's well-known enchanted lovers. The kits learned the basics of magic from a wizard who lived in the woods near the town before they got to learn from their parents.
Aquila knew almost everybody there, mainly because of his reckless behaviour, with starting fights, getting told to get off of their houses, etc.

Aquila & Arlana:
Aquila loves his sister more than anything and would protect her with his own life if needed. Arlana is the only one who could somehow stop him before doing something idiotic and he didn't get panicky when they were separated for a longer time; he grew concerned, of course, but only if he didn't hear from her for quite a while. Before they traveling, Aquila just loved pestering his sister in any way he could; a little bit of hair pulling here, a small poke there, maybe "accidentally" trip and push her into that bush right there... But he never went too far or hurt her, of course.
When their town was turned into stone, the siblings decided they'd find a way to reverse the curse and save their parents and the other kalons as well. They started traveling in hopes of finding someone or something that could help, but the thing that might've been able to turn back the curse just slipped out of their paws and took Aquila's sight with it.
After Aquila got himself cursed with blindness, he just couldn't bring himself to trust anyone else with guiding him; even though he's starting to get used to not seeing anything, he feels it necessary to be with her and starts panicking when she's away for longer than five minutes.

How the curse changed him:
Since he lost his sight completely, he started feeling more like he just doesn't want to hold up his sister, but at the same time, he needs her to be able to do things. At the beginning and for a long time, he felt like he was as useless as a stick. He became quieter, first because he was afraid of the darkness he saw, but now it's because he needs to hear his surroundings.
He's still a chatty and loud boy but he learned to listen and observe his surroundings better than before as well as using his other senses to get around.
He started slowing down and the only time he's almost his old self is when the Mole's Blindfold is on him.
Even though he feels like he lost his greatest advantage in battle, Aquila has some hope that they can still find a way to reverse the spell.

Skills:
The kit is still learning, but what he does best is running around freely on the top of buildings. Aquila is quite agile and fast, he uses these to his advantage when the time comes to running from the guards or for his life.

Because of all the fights he got into, Aquila can use his fists just as good as his magic. Him going bare handed into a fight has became a common occurrence and he learned quite a lot by training himself too.

After some time being blind, he's starting to get better at "seeing with his paws". Sometimes, he can now tell when something is following them just by feeling the ground. He's still not a master of this skill, but he's on his way to become one.

Some stories:
Bits & Stuff
Stancæster
Starting their journey
In Pennigan [unfinished]

working with the awesome GreyScale :3
Last edited by Breado on Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A Tale of two Brothers

Postby Chickpea » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am

username; CompleteChicken
number of kalons; i have 3 adults and a kit
top, bottom, or both?;
both

Top left
name; Dimitri
gender; Male

Bottom Right
name; Oberon
gender; Male

prompt;

go crazy from here.

mork
Last edited by Chickpea on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby womp womp » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am

hecc yeah mark
womp womp