21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2599 - rainbow koi

Postby SilverSamurai » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:47 am

Barnes&Rogers wrote:╔════════════════════╗
xxxusername ;; Barnes&Rogers
xxxname ;; Eros
xxxgender ;; male
╚════════════════════╝

3/?? of koi-inspired designs <3 Happy pride month!!

To win them, tell me what they're proud of! Did they just accomplish something they've been working towards? Or perhaps they have come a long way? However, please so not have them proud of coming out/being on the LGBTQ scale. While they can be on the LGBTQ scale, please don't make it the center of the prompt! That being said, they do not have to be on the scale at all if you don't want!

You have up to 3 pieces of art AND 5k words to tell me about them while following the prompt! For more inspiration, I've provided a few definitions of 'pride':
a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.

be especially proud of a particular quality or skill.

Code: Select all
Username;;
Name;;
Gender;; (biological needed)
up to 3 art pieces and 5k words - prompt: "Pride"

Prettying up is not necessary but is allowed! No off site forms please, but off thread forms are fine as long as they are clearly linked!
Remember, quality over quantity!

This will end in 3 weeks, on July 10th at 5pm EST! Good luck and have fun!
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2599 - rainbow koi

Postby tenlittlesoldierboys » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:51 am

Username;; tenlittlesoldierboys
      Name;;

KICKS DOWN DOOR
      count me in
      res

the sun to my moon ☀️🌕
they/them or he/him
teacher and writer from Austria
die-hard horror enthusiast
computer game obsessed
literature, film & tv-nerd
Viscets - toyhouse
tenlittlesoldierboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:29 am

Username;; 4 Step Cadence
Name;; Iris
Gender;; Female/Female

WIP

-Mylo Xyloto's partner in "crime".
-Has the same powers as him.
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lioashu » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:33 am

mark
Don't check here often anymore. If you need me please contact me elsewhere.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corvuss » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:57 am

Mark to watch <3
Corvuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Barnes&Rogers » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:24 am

╔════════════════════╗
xxxusername ;; Barnes&Rogers
xxxname ;; Eros
xxxgender ;; male
╚════════════════════╝

"pride" ;;

In many species, the runts are unlikely to survive. The same can be said about Viscets. But, Eros was destined to survive. So when he hatched, on a dark autumn night in the middle of the country-side, so much smaller than he should've been, no one thought he would last the night. Yet, he did. He was named Eros, as a sign that he was loved, by his mother, and by the gods. It was always just him, and his mother. With his father disappearing only a few months before he was born, and his mother so focused on keeping them alive to even think about having any more visclings.

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Growing up in the country meant less contact with friends from school. Sure, he would see them at school, but aside from that, it was a once in a blue-moon sighting. He gradually became distant with the friends he had relied on, and it didn't take long from him to become a loner: an outsider, a freak. Drifting from table to table at lunch, until he eventually landed in the library, where he ate his lunch for months, until one day, his little hiding spot was found, and things began to change. Usually, if one of the meaner kids at the school entered the library, he would make a stealthy escape, but on that particular day, he was so caught up in the book he was ready, he didn't even see the viscet until he grabbed the book from Eros' paws.

'Hey!' Eros yelped, reaching out a paw to grasp the edge of the book, only for it to fall short when he realised who was holding it. It was one of the school's biggest bullies, and he was staring down at him, a wicked grin on his face. The book's spine bent as it hit the ground, and as Eros bent to pick it up, the older viscet moved quickly, his claws catching the side of his face. He hit the ground, yelping in pain. He was lucky it didn't scar, but unknown to him at the time, it was the beginning of something horrible.

For three years, he became the main target, seen as a weak-link and picked on. Home wasn't much better. He had an amazing mother, who he looked up to dearly, but there were bullies there too. The only houses within a twenty-mile radius contained those who enjoyed seeing him crying. Instead, Eros turned to creativity: writing, art, character-creation. Using viscet's he saw on his occasional outings as character bases, he began to develop a skill. A skill he was proud of. From little pixels, and comics, to full-blown novels. He adored it. It gave him a purpose, a reason. He would come home from school, every single day, and go straight to his room with his bag to work on his next creation. Between watching TV shows, and listening to music, he had varied inspiration outlets. He never seemed to get bored. When school rolled around every morning, he'd avoid talking to others whenever possible. Group projects were a nightmare, and the library was no longer a safe place to eat, but other than that, he loved learning, liked the teachers, and the schedule. All he would've changed were the students. No one seemed to like him, and there was nothing he could do about it. They never seemed to hate him, yet they all shared a mutual avoidance of him. There were the odd few who were worse, but the majority just seemed to ignore him. He couldn't stand up for himself, and as the days passed, it began to get underneath his skin. He snapped pencils, ripped up drawings, and cheated on tests, out of frustration, and fear. It was building up, and the longer he refused to say anything, the worse it got. He was a volcano, and he was ready to explode.

It was three weeks later, that he erupted. He went into school, like every normal day, but things just weren't working out. He was almost late, he'd tripped in the parking lot, and when he finally arrived at his locker, the bullies were there waiting for him. He tried not to pay attention to them, instead opening his locker, tossing books inside. As he reached inside for his history book, he felt a wet, hot, sensation running down his back, and the smell of coffee filled his nose. Flattening his ears, he shook his fur, standing up and turning to face the duo who were laughing their heads off. He narrowed his eyes, a low growl reverberating from his throat. It was exactly what they were looking for; a reaction. And boy did they get one. Lunging forward, Eros' paws pinned the first viscet to the ground, claws digging into skin. A yelp escaped their throat, surprised and shocked as they scrambled to get his paws off them. He wasn't a weak viscet, not by any means, but he was still struggling to keep his paws pressed down, his back paws sliding on the floor as he attempted to keep his position. The two were fighting tooth and claw by the time the teachers managed to break it up. They were both bloody and bruised, and both angry. Both very, very angry. After being treated by the nurse, they sat on either side of the principals office, glaring daggers at each other whenever the principal wasn't looking. She lectured them for what felt like hours, before dishing out the punishments. It only made Eros angrier when he was given the worse punishment.

He stormed home that evening, ignoring his mothers worried glances, and rushed questions.

'Eros?' She knocked on his door for the third time, but he didn't respond. Tears streamed down his face, and he glanced up at himself in the mirror. His fur was wet, and batches were stained red, were cuts remained open. The door was blurred by tears as he looked over at it. Sighing, he walked over, reaching out for the handle, but his paw fell short. He couldn't face her. Not now, not after what he'd done. All he would do was disappoint her more than she already was. He felt alone, isolated, as if he was all alone in the dark. He hated it, and himself. Locking himself away in his room, he snuck out in the middle of night for food, or to go to the bathroom. He'd missed a week of school already. It was eight days before he opened the door, his mother waiting outside for him. Her fur was stained with tears. Together, they sat down, and he explained. She was silent through his story, and embraced him in a hug afterwords. But she didn't saw anything. She left then, heading into her room. He knew he couldn't stay there. He'd have to go back to school, and he just couldn't do it. There seemed to only be one option.

A small note, an even smaller key. Both were perched upon the mat outside the house, the only traces of the viscet who had slipped away in the dead of night. The viscet who hadn't looked back.

He walked down the cold, dark streets, his face illuminated by the orange glow of the street lamps that lit up his path. His bag was long gone, stolen from him as he slept. All he had left was himself. He was all alone. No home, no friends, no mother. Alone, with nothing but the one thing he hated the most. It was freezing as he walked down a cobbled street, and out into a small courtyard, surrounding by beckoning restaurants and cafes. There was a beautiful stone fountain in the centre of it all. Everyone seemed to entranced by its graceful flow, water pouring down each level in a continuous cycle. He was transfixed by the swift flow as it rushed around, as if in a hurry to get home. Ripples formed in the water as the first few drops of rain began to fall.

He never thought that everything that had happened was possible. He always believed that they were only things that could happen in adverts on TV. Yet, there he stood, out on the streets, in a place he didn't know, far from anywhere he could call home, dripping wet. As the rain began to get heavier, and more people began to move indoors, he began to search for the nearest bus stop. It would at least have some shelter. After a few minutes of looking, he spotted a small bus shelter, and he ducked under its cover. Cold rain ran down his face as he huddled under the stand, shivering. His teeth rattled, and he held back a sob. He couldn't stay there forever. It had been a month, but it just got worse with every passing day. The thought of trying to get home had been lost. He was hours from home, and all his money had been either spent, or stolen. All he'd managed to do was get lost in a city he didn't know. His heart thumped heavily against his ribs, and the lights of a bus shone upon him. He knew he'd have to move before he was kicked out, yet he couldn't motivate his limbs to move. As the bus slowed to a stop, he managed to pick himself off the bench, but he couldn't step out into the rain. Ears dropping, he wiped away tears, trying to build up the courage to step back into the storm. His life had never been particularly great, but it was as if he'd hit a brick wall. He was trapped in his own head, his own self-hatred. He hated his decisions, his mind, his life. He barely took a step into the rain before a voice called out to him.

'Hey! Hey, you!' The voice was loud, clear, and feminine. Turning, Eros' eyes widened as he came face to face with an older viscet. She was dripping with rain, but her horns shone, as if made of the stars above them. He swallowed the lump in his throat, letting out a sigh.

'I'm moving, I'm moving,' He muttered, making a move to turn away again, but she grabbed his wrist, and he glanced back.

'No, no! I was going to ask if you needed a ticket?' She said, her tone gentle as she looked into his eyes. He froze, eyes narrowed as everything seemed to slow down. She was offering him, a ticket? Why?

'I- I don't have money.' He said, but she just shook her head, taking his paw in hers and leading him to the bus. Stepping inside, the warmth hit him like a brick, and he soaked it in, before dumbfoundedly walking to an empty seat at the back of the bus, and sitting down. He didn't know where they were going, but they were going somewhere, and little did he know, he was going home.

Eyes fluttering open, a paw prodded his shoulder. The horned viscet looked down at him, a smile on her face. The drapes on her tail swept along the ground as she waited for a response. Yawning, he sat up, using her outstretched paw for support. Glancing out the window, he recognised the rolling fields... the house.. no, it couldn't be.

'We've reached your destination,' She smiled, and he looked back to her. Standing up quickly, he rushed out of the bus, only glancing back once he had stepped out. Only, when he glanced back, there was nothing but an empty road. A frown settled on his face, but it didn't last as he turned around, catching sight of his mother at the door, tears glistening in her eyes as she rushed towards him. He almost toppled her in hug, meeting her in the middle of the path. He was in tears too, as she hugged him close, holding onto him as if she'd never let him go again. He didn't know where the bus had gone, but the glowing viscet had saved him, and he could never be more thankful.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Waking up in a warm bed felt strange, even after a week had come and gone since he'd gotten home. A month didn't sound like a long time, in the overall scheme of things, but when you're out there, all one your own, through rain, hail, or shine, it really felt like a long period of time. Pulling himself up, he looked around the room. It felt so familiar, so safe, and yet so far away at the same time. He so badly wanted to curl up and go back to sleep, but his brain told him otherwise. He needed to get up, star the day. He had things to do, and he owed his mother that much. After a few minutes, he managed to force himself away from the warmth of his blankets. He was still tired, but he knew his mother needed help getting the house back in order. It had taken a real hit when he was gone, and he couldn't just leave her to fix it all herself. There was a lot to do, and it was all his fault. Blinking a few times, he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, heading out of the room. Quietly shutting his door, he walked down the stairs into the cream-coloured kitchen. His mother was sitting at the table, a cup of tea in one paw, her head rested on the other. Her eyes were closed. He didn't wake her as he went to the counter, pulling out a box of cornflakes. A faint smile flickered into existence as he poured in the milk, watching as it splashed around the flakes. He sat at the kitchen counter, relishing in the flavour of the breakfast. Being with little food, even for a short period of time, really makes you grateful for every mouthful. Carefully, he took the mug from his mothers paw, adding it to the pile of dishes in the sink. Turning on the tap, he let the sink fill with water, before he began to wash the dishes, starting with his own bowl. Once he'd washed, dried, and put away the dishes, he felt a little bit better about the rest of the kitchen. Just one step at a time, he told himself. They'd get the house tidy again, one step at a time.

The sound of a yawn caught hus attention, and he glanced behind him as his mother stood from her chair. Making her way to his side, she took the last plate from his hand, placing it into the cupboard. He smiled at her, and though his smiles weren't genuine, they were the best he could muster. Giving her a quick hug, he tried to ignoring the shaking feeling throughout his body.

'It's okay, Eros,' She whispered, and he nodded slightly, a tight knot forming in his stomach as he let her go.

'I'll get started on the living room,' He murmured, turning and leaving the room.

'Eros...' She reached out a paw, grabbing his elbow. He hesitated, closing his eyes momentarily before pulling away from her grip, and entering the living room. He didn't know what to say, how to explain everything. Once inside the living room, he began to shakily move things, picking them up and dusting underneath. He picked up a photo frame, and froze as he caught sight of the photo held within its grasp. Staring at the happy expressions on their faces, the frame slipped from his fingers, the glass shattering as it hit the ground. He sunk to the ground unable to hold himself up, fresh tears streaming down his cheeks. He was shaking, sobbing, and with one gentle touch from his mother, he was clinging to her, apologising quietly over and over again.

'It's going to be okay, I promise, everything is going to be okay.'

An hour later, they were sitting on the couch, talking. Once he had calmed down, everything began to spill out. The cruelty of his classmates, the eruption, and everything in between. He told her about the month on the street, the fountain, the starry viscet. And at the end of it all, all she could ask was why. Why he hadn't said anything, why he hadn't let her help. But he didn't have an answer. They were silent then, but it wasn't tense, or awkward. It was calm, and safe, and comforting. And they stayed like that, curled up on the couch, encased in each-others arms, until Eros had fallen asleep, the feeling of hope clutched close to him. His mother smiled down at him, her chest swelling with happiness that he was home, and pride, that he had made it so. And she too, fell asleep, those feelings carried with her into her dreams.

The next few weeks went by in a blur. Wake up, eat brekfast, tidy. Shower, eat, sleep, repeat. Every day the same. It went on for almost six weeks, before he finally got a letter saying he could go back to school. A place had re-opened, and though he didn't know who had left, he had his hopes. He was worried, though. About what people would say, about what they would think. Maybe they wouldn't have even noticed his abscence. He hoped. His mother had made him promise to tell her if anything was wrong, and he decided, he might just do that this time. For her, or for him, he didn't really know. My problems, not hers, he used to say, but that saying was in the past. They could share the burden until it became a burden no more. The first day back was nearing fast, and his books and bag were ready. But, as he went to sleep that night, he didn't realise just how much his life was going to change.

He woke up early the next morning, around six am. He wanted to have a shower before he went, and of course, breakfast. He barely touched the pancakes his mother had made, each bite making his stomach churn. He was tired, but awake. Nervous, not excited. It didn't take to long to get to school, and when he arrived, there were a few people scattered throughout the yard. He walked past them. Heading inside, he kept his head down, ignoring the whispers he could hear. It felt like there was hole burning into his back, and when he glanced over his shoulder, he spotted none other than the main viscet himself. The bully number one. He was standing beside one of the teachers, but by the way he was glaring at Eros, he was more focused on him than the teachers words. Gulping, he sped-walked around the corner, looking around for the lockers.

It was dark in the corridor, and not many students were around. After a few minutes of searching he found his locker, and as his eyes adjusted to the difference in light, it felt like he'd never left. Shoving the key into the lock, he sighed as it fit perfectly. Is if it'd never stopped doing it routinely three times a day. As he opened the door, he felt a warmth against his neck; someone's breath. Turning to face them, he swallowed thickly. He didn't need to look to know who it was. He barely got a chance to take in the lumbering figure, before he was thrust against the lockers, his breath constricted by the paw around his throat.

'It's all your fault I got kicked out!' The viscet yelled, and Eros spluttered, trying to catch a quick breath. The growl shook him to the core, but there was nothing he could do but struggle to free himself from the vice-like grip. 'And then you come back to replace me?' He felt weak, dizzy.

A flash of colour passed his vision, and then he was thrown against the wall. His side throbbed as he hit the ground, and as he lay there, gulping and spluttering, savouring the fresh, cold, oxygen that filled his lungs, he could hear teachers shouting, claws clicking rapidly on the tiles. Wearily, he looked up, to see two viscets, one unknown, one too well known, being pulled apart. There was blood on both, though he couldn't tell whose it was. The mystery viscet was definitely newer to the school. With his dark fur, and striking stripes of colour, it would've been hard to miss him before. Three teachers took them out of the hallway, a fourth approaching Eros and helping him up. He could barely hear her questions, and soon he was being helped to the nurse. The diagnosis wasn't too bad. He just needed to rest, and take it slow. He left as soon as he could, gather the books that had been left on the floor before heading to class. The start of the school day was stressful enough, without being late to class being added to the list. My classmates were inside the room, but thankfully the teacher wasn't. I could see some of the bully's friends, but what caught my attention, was the dark-furred viscet, who had fought off the bully earlier. He was laughing with some of the other viscets, looking chuffed with himself. Class was boring, as usual, but Eros couldn't get his mind off what could've happened. What almost happened.

Lunch came quicker than expected. Most of his classmates went straight for the canteen, but Eros headed for his locker. He wasn't hungry.

'Hey!' A voice sounded through the mostly empty hallway, echoing against the bare lockers. He ignored it at first, until a paw was placed on his shoulder. He turned, shrinking back slightly. The viscet from earlier stood before him. There was a sad look in his eye as Eros' shoulders tightened, his eyes narrowing slightly. 'I'm sorry about earlier, are you okay?' The concern in his voice was surprising, but not unwelcome. Shrugging slightly, Eros forced himself to reply.

'I'm okay. I little sore,' He said quietly, and the other viscet smiled. 'What about you?'

'I'm all good. No major injuries.' He seemed glad of a response. Extending his paw, he let Eros take a second before accepting it. 'I'm Aiden, by the way.'

'Eros.' As he looked into Aiden's eyes, he had a feeling he wasn't going to be so lonely anymore. And well, he was damn right.

A laugh escaped Eros' mouth as he ran down the path, following the river, a hat in his hand. He could hear Aiden's pawsteps as he ran behind him, his warm laughter filling his ears. Heading for the steps, a smile on his face, he attempted to jump down. There were only three steps, but he still somehow stumbled, almost landing face-first on the ground. Steadying himself, he turned back, only to bump of Aiden, who had stopped right behind him. Looking up at the blue-green hues of his eyes, Eros smiled, his cheeks going red. He'd been in a relationship with Aiden for four years, and yet, he still managed to make him blush without a single word. Giving him a quick peck on the cheek, he secured the hat on his own head, his mane poking through in odd places. It had been a gift from his boyfriend, and he loved it.

'Eros?' The tone of Aiden's voice seemed kind, upset, 'Do you ever wonder how the things you've done have effected your life now?' Eros was stunned, both by the deepness of the question, and the bluntness in which it was asked. In truth, he had thought about it a lot.

'I guess so,' He said, nodding his head to acknowledge that he was truly listening, 'But I try not to. Why?' Aiden shrugged, resting his head atop Eros'.

'I guess I was just wondering... What I would do without you,' He chuckled, the movement on top of his head causing Eros' to do the same. 'What if I hadn't stepped in when I did?' He voice shook a little as he spoke, but Eros just shook his head.

'We'll never know. Because you know what? You did step in. Exactly when you needed to.'

There were tears in both viscet's eyes. 'I'm so proud of you, y'know?' Aiden asked, and Eros nodded, a soft smile on his face as he glanced up at the taller viscet. He was proud too, of how far he'd come.

And he would never look back again.

[4113/5000]
      viscets mentioned - aiden, stardust
Last edited by Barnes&Rogers on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barnes&Rogers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yuroshi » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:30 am

mmARK

PM's are always open, no matter what.
Have a wonderful day~

Avatar done by the amazing QueenNyra!!
Yuroshi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Goddess of Fish

Postby mango marmalade,, » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:07 pm

The sun reflected off of the shiny marble steps, sending rays of light off into the sky. The
floor was slick, but I managed to stay upright as I slowly walked down the long corridor. Alt
hough it was warm and the sun shone brightly, I felt a shiver run down my spine as my foot
steps echoed off of the great walls of the God's palace. I stood up a little straighter as I fina
lly arrived at the end of the long hallway. Another viscet was finishing walking to the end a
s well, and I stopped next to them. "Hello!" I whispered, trying to make polite conversation.
"Get down!" They whispered back urgently, immediately sinking onto a deep bow on the fl
oor. I tilted my head in confusion, but then snapped it upright as a God's booming voice alm
ost blew me over. "In an effort of respect," Their voice was incredibly loud to my ears, "Plea
se bow to the Gods." I felt my cheeks grow red as I gulped and followed the other viscet's le
ad. "I can't believe I forgot to do that!" I whispered again, the embarrassment lingering. "Wo
uld you be quiet already?!" They chided out of the corner of their mouth. I quickly closed m
y mouth and looked at the floor. "You may rise." Even though I was ready for it, the God's vo
ice still surprised me. I pushed my paws on the floor and straightened my arms, shoving my
body off of the ground. Dusting off my knees, I faced the Gods. They sat in a semi-circle, w
ith the largest throne in the center and the smallest on the outside. In the center sat a tall
straight-backed viscet. He had six eyes sitting on a crescent moon engraved onto his fur, a
nd feathers lining his arms and legs. His jaw was set and he glared down at me. I expected
him to speak, but when a voice came, his mouth didn't open. I looked around, then found a
small PPS viscet with a little satchel on his side reading orders off from a scroll. "Please sta
te your business." The small viscet said, looking over the top of the scroll at me and the stra
nger. "I'll go first." I offered, looking at the other viscet for approval. They shrugged, and I r
e-faced the Gods. Staring the middle God in his many eyes, I spoke. "A few weeks ago, I, uh,
received a scroll that said to come meet you guys?" I stammered, suddenly getting extreme
ly nervous. "And I, uh-" "You wanted to know why?" A taller, female God broke in, smiling kin
dly at me. I instantly didn't feel nervous at all, and the room just felt warmer, safer, more c
omforting. "Don't worry," her eyes were kind as she laughed. "we get that a lot!" I laughed a
s well, smiling a true smile. I had felt this feeling, the on
e coming off of her in waves, in a while. One of true happiness. "I'm glad you understand, be
cause none of the fish seemed to!" The Queen smiled once more, then bowed her head and
motioned for a bone-covered viscet off to the side speak. His voice was colder, one of the sh
adows instead of the light. Instead of happiness, fear radiated off of him like a black wave th
at crept into your lungs and choked the joy out of your heart. I felt the nervous energy return
to my heart, this time tinged at the edges with fear. "Well, Piper, you have a very special rela
tionship." His voice was laced with thick and heavy sarcasm, and he sneered at me at the word
'very'. I flinched at his casual use of my name, and took an involuntary step backwards. The G
od must have noticed this, because he started to laugh a weak, sniveling laugh. However, the
God in the center, who I believe was High King Cienkam, wasn't having any of it. There was o
bviously bad blood between the two, as Cien instantly roared at the skelecet to defend me.
"Low King Bane, silence yourself! I will not allow you to make fun or our esteemed guests!" His
voice was as loud as crackling thunder, and I heard hissing as the sun shone even more brightl
y then before. It was as if he was a magnifying glass, because now my skin started to burn fro
m the thin ray that was on my arm. I quickly moved out of the way, only to discover the floor
was also extremely hot from the sun's magnified heat. When the room had finally cooled off,
so did High King Cienkam's temper. Although it didn't feel right considering the tense situation,
I couldn't help but feel a little swell of pride in my chest when Cienkam had called me an 'est
eemed guest'. Back home, nobody would ever call me that. I was just little old Piper, nothing
special about her. Sure, I was friends with almost everyone due to my good nature and a way t
o talk my way out or into an situation, but I had no best friends. And certainly no one would t
hink to call Piper, of all people, esteemed. But apparently the most powerful God thought dif
ferently. Snapping out of my thoughts, I focused my attention back on Cienkam as he resum
ed speaking. "Piper..." He spoke, his tone of voice indicating bad news. "Well..." My heart
sank in my chest, and the moment of pride I had felt before left me instantly. He was probably
going to inform me that there had been a mistake, or that they had see me in person and were
so disappointing that they changed their minds. I usually wasn't a pessimist, but I couldn't help
but imagine the worst possible outcomes in the moments inside of High King Cienkam's heartb
reaking pause. "We are delighted to inform you-" Wait what?! Delighted? "-that you have been
chosen to become a God on the council!" My heart stopped. Everything inside of me froze. My
mind scrambled to see if there had been an error, or if that's what he really said. Slowly, I li
fted my arm to pinch myself, checking if it was a dream. When I felt the sting of pain, I clapp
ed my hands over my mouth and burst into tears. "Really?" I asked between sobs and a beamin
g smile. The female viscet spoke again, looking truly happy for me. "Really." In that moment,
I had never felt more proud of myself then I did then. I had done it. I had become... A God.
( 1088 / 5000 )

┌─────────────┐

username;; mango marmalade,,
name;; Piper
gender;; female [trans, mtf]
coding credit ; mobile friendly
theme song

└─────────────┘
┌───────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
The small, rainbow hatchling peered out of her shell curiously. Her eyes grew wide and sparkled with wonder as she looked around her. She was alone, no mother at her side.
Magnificent blues, fiery reds and saturated oranges peppered the animals splashing and swimming around her. She reached one tiny pa
w out, and gently stroked the silver flashing scales of one of the fish nearby. The fish whipped its tail and streaked away, startled by t
he foreign touch. The little viscet laughed, her smile lighting up the entire world around her. As she sat there, alone, by the side of th
e lake, she watched, and learned. The sun was warm on her fur, and she was content.

"Okay everyone, form groups of three!"
Piper sat alone at her desk, not bothering to move with the teacher's instructions. She stared down, hoping that the bell would ring and
she would get to leave soon. However, it seemed she didn't get lucky today, because there were still ten minutes left in class. "Piper?" Th
e teacher asked, standing in front of her. "Piper, come join a group."
Piper looked up at the teacher, her eyebrows furrowed. "Fine." She mumbled angrily, standing up and looking at the students around her.
"Who wants to be in my group?"
The students were quiet as they held back laughter. Nobody volunteered, or even said a word. Piper turned back to the teacher angrily.
"Piper, come join a group." She mocked nasally, imitating the teacher's voice. "Piper!" The teacher yelled, now getting angry. "Piper, you
're not allowed to talk back like that and you know it." She huffed, then turned to the class. "Is somebody going to volunteer, or do I ne
ed to pick someone myself?"
The class remained silent. "Fine!" The teacher planted her hands on her hips, then shot a pointed glare at a group of two girls in the
corner. The popular girls. "Wait-" Piper began, fear showing in her eyes, but she was too late.
"Piper, go join Emma and Violet's group. They need a third member."
Piper gulped as she carefully made her way to the corner. Emma sneered at her when she arrived. "Great." She not-so-quietly whispered
to Violet. "We got stuck with Fish-Girl."
Piper swallowed as she pretended not to hear them. Finally, the bell rang, signalling the end of class. "See you later, Mermaid." Called Vio
let, before she ran away giggling with Emma. Piper looked at the floor, ignoring the crowd of kids who were apologizing to Emma in Violet.
"I'm sorry I didn't volunteer, I can't believe you got stuck with Sardine." "Ugh, you guys have the worst group." "Here she comes now..."
"Excuse me." Piper mumbled
as she made her way out of the classroom. "Pardon me." She could feel the eyes of all of her classmates as she walked out into the hall.
As soon as she stepped out of the classroom, the whispering resumed behind her. Shame pricked her ears as she fought back tears. This
bullying continued all the way up through highschool, until she dropped out after she had reached her limit.

fifteen years later

"Piper." The koi fish whispered to her, in a secret language that sounded like wind rushing through trees. "Piper, you cannot live with us
forever."
The tall viscet laughed, sending bubbles up to the surface of the water. She was floating thirty feet below the surface of a lake, her ha
ir spread out like waving tendrils of seaweed. She drifted comfortably, surrounded by several red, black and white fish that talked to her.
"But why not?" She teased, tapping the fish on its nose playfully. "My life on the surface was miserable, and I am far happier here. There
's no reason for me to return to my old life."
"Piper." Another fish added somberly, swimming to the front of the school. "We received something on the banks. And it was... It was add
ressed to Piper Koi."
The viscet's eyes widened. "What?" She breathed, her eyes growing nervous. "No... Nobody knows where I am. I made sure of that."
"Piper, it isn't from anybody you know."
"Then who's it from?" She asked, her heart fluttering in her chest like a trapped bird.
"It's from... It's from the Gods."
The parentless viscet gasped, her hand coming up to rest on a silver locket that hung around her neck. It resembled a swimming koi fish, decorated with sparkling crystals which shone even underwater.
"I..." Her vice was choked with emotion. "I can't believe it."
( 632 / 3912 )

└───────────────────────────────────────────────────┘
Last edited by mango marmalade,, on Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:00 am, edited 30 times in total.
mango marmalade,,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby universal song » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:25 pm

user// universal song
    name// Anuenue-Akua (goes by Akua)
    names meaning// rainbows spirit (Hawaiian origins)
    gender// male
    prompt - "pride"//

universal song

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobermilk » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:58 pm

Username;;
Name;;
mark
𝚜 𝚘 𝚋 𝚎 𝚛 𝚖 𝚒 𝚕 𝚔 ૮ ◞ ﻌ ◟ ა
≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡
rowan ⋆ caribou ⋆ she/her ⋆ iowa
hi im sobermilk! i am on occasionally online.
i have 8 pets and work full time.
just a sleepy caribou. :>
member since 2012.
discord: creamofdog

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡
my toyhouse
sobermilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes