Viscet #2461 by Vixen Luo

Based on Click to view
Artist Vixen Luo [gallery]
Time spent 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2461

Postby Vixen Luo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:18 pm

this...is more of an autumn palette;; i was originally going for deer and tiger lilies, but...it sort of morphed into this.
    typically i feel my designs are at least better than this, so i do want to apologize if it isn't appealing to very many. it's not an excuse, but i haven't been doing well lately...very much at all, not since i initially took my hiatus, and i had to push myself to complete this one. i promise that this event moving forward i will make designs that are higher in quality and more deserving of an event rare trait. i'm sorry once again

usually i have difficulty getting finished forms if i require too much, so this comp should be relatively simple.

in 500 words minimum (no maximum), tell me how they feel about springtime. i also require one gif of a flower (blooming, wilting, anything). you have two extras (up to 500 words and one art piece) to do with as you please.

Code: Select all
    [list][size=85]name;;
    gender;;
    how do they feel about spring?;;
    flower gif;;
    extras;;[/size][/list]

Mutations:
    Vine Tail - Event Rare
    Hooves - Roaming Event Rare

this will end on may 6th at 11:59 PM CST. extensions may be granted if requested.
Last edited by Vixen Luo on Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vixen Luo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2641

Postby JulieMew1010 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:20 pm

dropping oof </3
Last edited by JulieMew1010 on Mon May 07, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JulieMew1010

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby muttgirl310 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Mark! I don't know what you mean as I think this design is gorgeous in how simple it is! Good job with it!!

Name;;
Fawn

Gender;;
Female

Spring;;
Spring is the time for new starts.
Ever since Fawn could remember, she had lived at the orphanage. Her parents had abandoned her here because of her weak legs. She could barely walk and when she tried, she wobbled all over the place and then fell. Less than graceful. She usually hated the spring as there were all sorts of mud holes to trip her up and all the other visclings around would make fun of her. She never liked going out in the spring.
But then of course spring was when her only friend Prairie had come into her life. The main viscet of the orphanage found him out playing in the mud all alone one morning, abandoned as she had been. He wasted no time to introduce himself to her, splattering mud everywhere in the process of thrusting his paw out to her. The head viscet squeaked as he covered her with mud and then rushed him off to get cleaned up before Fawn could introduce herself back. She remembers laughing at this goofy boy getting in trouble on his first day here at the orphanage.
Yes, spring days are nice, so Fawn did enjoy that portion of the season. She did like sitting outside and feeling the breeze in her fur, and she enjoyed watching the birds and insects return from the winter. She enjoyed seeing the life coming back as well, as plants sent out shoots and buds. Oh but that mud challenged her with her already difficult task of moving around.
She caught Prairie watching her from the cave one day as she struggled around on the soft earth, trying to get to a somewhat dry area to sit. The mud grabbed at her legs causing her to stumble, but he caught her and helped her the rest of the way. As they sat there, she realized that he was the only viscet at the orphanage who hadn’t made fun of the way she walked.
“Why are your legs so wobbly?” Prairie asked.
“Oh. I have a problem with the muscles in my legs so I cannot walk right. They are just too weak.” Fawn blushed a bit, never having anyone really ask her why before.
“So you are really like a Fawn huh?” He asked and she looked at him confused, “Well I mean, when fawns are first born, their legs are weak and they are all wobbly, but as they get older and more used to their legs, they get stronger.”
Fawn liked how he put it and nodded, “I suppose I really am like my namesake.”
Fawn and Prairie were inseparable from then on. He helped her get around and she helped him stay out of trouble. While he grew a fascination with exploring, she found herself interested more in the plants and animals around them. She studied then, learning all their secrets and information before they both left the orphanage for their own paths.
Prairie went on to travel, stopping by and visiting his friend when he was around. While Fawn went on to begin to care for all the animals that resided in the woods by her cave. She helped grow food for them and treated their wounds.
She loved seeing all the little animals being born in spring and even grew to be ok moving through the mud. She started to really enjoy all the little things that came along with the season so Fawn figured the spring was actually pretty nice.

Extras;;
“Now Prairie, we have known each other since we were young. Why the sudden interest with plants?”
“Oh. Well you see, the young viscling I recently adopted as my niece? She has a huge fascination in plants and butterflies. I want to know more about them so I can encourage her and teach her,” Prairie explained as he pawed through some more drawings that Fawn had made for plant identification.
Fawn looked out at the little viscet playing in the meadows with Prairie’s pine marten companion Crow. She smiled as she turned back to look at her childhood friend. My how he had matured, now taking care of a little one of his own.
She had always admired how much Prairie did for others and this was no exception. She stumbled into the cave once more and came out with more of her references of plant identifications, some complete and others partially. If Prairie wanted to learn about plants then he came to the right place. She went through each section of plants with him, slowly teaching him different ways of telling which plants were which.
Between the sessions of learning, he cared for Azura, his adopted niece, and worked on a wood carving he was doing on a large piece of wood that had various types of wood all intertwined together. He learned quickly, probably because of his desire to be as knowledgeable as he could be for Azura.
By the time Prairie and Azura were going to continue on their way, Prairie knew enough that he could expand on his knowledge on his own. He had also finished his carving and presented it to Fawn as a gift for her friendship and help. It was a beautifully carved staff to help her get around, and the detail Prairie had put into it was incredible. Around the top were depictions of different flowers and plants that Fawn had taught him as well as some of Fawns favorite animals. She blinked back tears of joy at the gift as she would be able to use it to get around easier, even in the mud.

Last edited by muttgirl310 on Fri May 04, 2018 1:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit profile icon
my viscets dogons my art shop
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
Hey I am Muttgirl but feel free to
call me mutt. I own a species on
here called Dogons and am always
willing to help out whenever I can
so do not be afraid to reach out or
send me a pm. I can help a little
with adoption forms and do some
art, although it's not amazing.

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
muttgirl310

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:32 pm

squeak I smellz potential
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:48 pm

marking to watch <3
if anyone wants some help (proofreading or anything) feel free to hmu <3
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:10 pm

name;; Ossian, Irish for Fawn, he mainly goes by Ossie
    gender;; Male
    how do they feel about spring? Ossie skipped down the cobbled road, smiling as he breathed in the smell of spring grass and listened to his hooves clack on the rough cobbles. He loved spring, the blooming grass billowing in the breeze, the festivals, the warmth on his fur. And most of all, how good it was for his business. Ossian is an orphan, found in the wood in the dead of winter, almost a Ossie-sicle. He was raised by a kind Viscet who lived in a house under a tree, but once he was old enough he left, wanting to see what he could do in the world. Wood carving and bronze shaping is his passion, and most people want to buy and carved bookend or bronze bowl in the spring or summer, but the summers are hot, so spring is the most oppertune time.
    Ossie stopped my the gates to Seven Stars, almost not wanting to step into the bustling city, filed with guards and criminals alike. Even more scary was The Queen. A reclusive, moody Viscet who loved to arrest people for absolutely no reason. The spring are was hotter here, stifling with the many Viscets crammed in one spot, the shouting of merchants hurting his small, delicate ears. He sat down at a abonadoned stand to set up his shop. He hung the sign saying "Paw (and hoof) made bronze and wood works!" A lavish Viscet strolls by, one gold coin in his money collecting jar. The wares dissapear, the money rises. A silver coin, two bronzes, ching, clack, ching. Spring is Ossies favorite season.
    extras;; 2 short (250) stories and 1 art piece :)
    "My little Fawn."
    A frigid winter. A female Viscet nudges her young, but he does not move. He is odd, hooves on his feet instead of claws and a tail formed of foliage.
    "Is he cursed?" Is her unspoken worry, this would not do.
    A Vicsetling, unmoving in the snow. A shiver courses through his small body, but then is still again. A female, fleeing home, trips over something in the snow. She puts her bread basket down, picking up the small, weak Viscet. He's tiny, and barely breathing. He is brought home, the warmth courses through him, eventually bring him back to the world of the awake. She stares at him, his deerlike features.
    "Oissian," She whispers "My little fawn."
    107 words

"Ossie finally goes on a adventure."
    The spring of the fifth year of Midas rule. The Queen is scary, and a small turn of events changed Ossie's life.
    "Seize him!" The bejeweled, dark furred Viscet shouts, her eyes filled with malice.
    "I want every unusual Viscet now. Scales, hooves, odd tails, all of it."
    Ossie didn't know what do do, you can't get arrested for just being born looking different, right? Well the Queen thought so. Ossie ran.
    Ossie's View
    I ran, not even savouring the click of my hooves on the pavement, I grabbed my bag of coins are wares and tore straight out of there. Hours pasted. Rolling hill after hill I ran. A forest was finally is sight, its spruce trees dark, but its offer if protection warm. I lunge for the tree line. I fell.

"Yummy deer dog." I jolted awake, only to find myself on a rocky shelf, the gold littered floor at least a hundred feet below. I backed up against the wall, but the drop was the least of my worries, the one who had spoke was a dragon, a massive beast, its crimson bronze scales reflecting the treasures below. It thought I was food, a deer dog, whatever that is. I wait, hours floating by as I know that dragon will eventually want to eat its "Deer dog" I had carved a small cave a curled into, sleeping, waiting. I awaken to another Viscet yelling at the dragon, what look like some sort of fancy swords clenched in her red paws. The white markings on her face almost resemble a skull, her fur swirled with reds and yellows in floral pattern. She shakes her sword, but the dragon just glares at her, mad.
    "She's gonna get eaten." I think and close my eyes. Commotion. A snap, a clash of metal against scale. Silence.
    "Excuse me, are you ok?" The female Viscet is standing on the ledge infrount of me, barely scratched.
    "Where'd the dragon go?" I squeak, taking my paws off my eyes.
    "Down there, he's not going anywhere soon."
    The dragon lay unconscious, slashes along his wings and sides, a few huge teeth littering the ground near him. She helps me down and collects some treasure and the teeth.
    "My names Kaliyah, what's yours?"
    "Ossie, or really, Oissian, but you can call me Ossie."
    "Well, want to adventure with me Ossie?"
    Of course I said yes.

Res with little traveler boy, I need a hoove boy.
Last edited by Gadgetrocks on Fri May 04, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 6 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lunala. » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:58 pm

name;;
    gender;;
    flower gif;;
    extras;;

hopefully able to try out
lunala.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThePaintedPitBull » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:16 pm

name;; aurelia

gender;; female

Aurelia has mixed opinions of spring. Don’t get me wrong, she loves all of the fresh flowers, more specifically the scent, and the little creatures that begin to surface from their winter hideaways, but other than that it all just seems a little.. overrated
to her. If she had to have one favorite thing about spring it was butterflies. Monarchs, to be precise. Oh how she loved those orange little creatures. All of her life she had seemed to be drawn to orange items. Her best friend was a fox, her favorite creature a monarch, her favorite food was a creamsicle (she had tried once in a park). Her favorite season was fall, which is also when many of the leaves in the forest she resided with in turned, you guessed it, orange.

While the leaves may not have been orange in the Spring, the Monarchs were. If it weren’t for monarchs she wouldn’t have even given spring a second look. Her and Ridley, the fox best friend, loved the promise of new baby monarchs every May.

—-

The crisp morning following a night full of the infamous April showers was what Aurelia awoke to.

Ridley was still curled up on a rock beside her, and so she did her best to stay quiet. Due to some pollen allergies however, it was quite the challenge for her to avoid sneezing. Somehow, however, she managed. Slowly making her way out of the small rock formation she called home, her ears filled with the sounds of birds chirping and the ground squishing below her feet. She took a deep breath in, smelling the sweet scent of rain. Rain was one thing she did like about the season. She found the sound of it comforting, and the way it felt when it landed on her pelt to be quite intriguing. And, in her expert opinion, you haven’t lived until you‘ve jumped in a puddle.

This morning she was not in search of a puddle unfortunately. While she did crave the idea of having such fun, today her job was to find some good leaves. See, her friend Ridley was a strange little creature. He always wore a tin foil hat. She was pretty convinced that he had fallen as a child, but she never told him that. If his hat ever were to be destroyed, he would undoubtedly go into a deep depression. It was his safety net. Ridley was also blind, so whatever Aurelia could do to keep him happy, she would. This past week, she had realized that his hat was beginning to tear. She was in need of some good leaves to patch it up for her little friend.

As she trotted along in search of some good foliage to pick through, she saw something strange on the ground. A leaf, possibly? But it was curled in a tight formation that she had never seen a leaf grow into. Not thinking much more of it, Aurelia walked on.

In her search for leaves she had one encounter with an angry Mama robin, however, other than than it ended on a quite successful note. Baby birds were one thing that she did find fascinating about spring. To watch such delicate creatures hatch and then fly off was beautiful. She supposed it was one of the reasons she loved Monarchs as well.

On her way back she stumbled across that strange leaf again. Gosh, why did it look so out of place? She bent down to sniff at it with her nose. No defining scent. She tapped it with her paw. Nothing strange about it's texture. Lastly she lifted it on to the end of her muzzle and took a good look at it. It was sheer, and she could almost make out what was tightly wrapped inside. Could it be? Was it really? A cocoon. Quickly, Aurelia wrapped it up in the leaves she had collected as though they would be a protective armor for the baby Monarch.

When she arrived home with her new finding, Ridley was wide awake and doing his best to wander around. At the moment, she couldn't give 100% of her attention the mending the hat. She needed to help the vulnerable little butterfly find a stable place to grow. Her rock formation provided no place for a cocoon to hang from. While she did this, Ridley was still attempting to wander when he ran into a spider web. Gosh, did that disorient the poor thing. But in this streak of unfortunate circumstances, he ran into Aurelia's chest. The spider web stuck to her fur immediately, like a magnet almost.

A necklace!

A spider web necklace!

That's how she would keep her new butterfly friend until it was time for them to reveal their new set of stunning orange and black wings.

Once she got Ridley to calm down and sit still, she picked the spiderweb off. Braiding bits of it in between a twig which she would then slip over her head. In the middle would be a little bunched up portion of spiderweb where the cocoon could stick. It was the perfect plan!

And it did end up working perfectly for both the cocoon and Aurelia. Until the little butterfly was ready, she walked around with that necklace full of pride for her ability to care for the very vulnerable little creature.

Maybe she didn't dislike spring so much after all. I mean, in what other season had she got the chance to help save a little butterfly? And spoiler, the butterfly stayed with her for a while. Gosh, did that make her happy.

Even Ridley and the small creature were friends. It liked to sit on his hat, most likely because it enjoyed munching on the patchwork leaves, but they were friends nevertheless.

Come Fall, her new friend had to go.

How had she ever liked Fall more than Spring? Fall took her friend away, but in the end Aurelia still had the memories of her little Monarch and a new gained appreciation for the season full of life.

---

Her opinions are still mixed at times, but thanks to her monarch friend she understands how one could possibly adore spring.

Sorry... this was sort of rushed. Got got up with real life things..

extras;; wip

Reserve ^^
Last edited by ThePaintedPitBull on Fri May 11, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

painted or pitbull
my loves
longnecks and dr.pepper
ThePaintedPitBull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SmileChild » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:00 am

if anyone would like relations with any of my vis for this comp/if they win, feel free to hit he up with a pm!
heres my Vis's
!!!MISSED THE HALLOWEEN TRADE IN!!!
Desperately looking for wishlist 23halloween pets, feel free to send a trade over if you have any spares!

╔══════════════════════╗
-----------------------
☽:Vis's | ☽:Kal's
-----------------------

╚══════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
text
text
text
text

╚═════════════════════════╝

SmileChild