#6384 red dun leopard appaloosa by dreamwalker

Based on Click to view
Artist dreamwalker [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

#6384 red dun leopard appaloosa

Postby dreamwalker » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:40 am

whooo boy I had fun sorting out the genetics for this one.

Username: Mango30
Name: Flynn // A Need to Explore
Dam:Image
Sire: Image
Genetics/breeding notes: ee/aa/DD/Lplp/P1P1/nprl
SO this babe is homozygous for dun, will always throw dun.
A carrier for the pearl gene (does not display) the pearl gene is incompletely recessive so it must have 2 copies to display UNLESS it is paired with a cream gene in which case it will mimic the effects of a double cream. Should any foals end up carrying a cream and a pearl gene they typically only pass on one or the other to their foals.
Homozygous for P1 (large appaloosa patterning) so if foals have one copy of the Lp (leopard complex gene) then it will likely be a leopard or near leopard, however if the foal inherits 2 copies of the Lp gene from the parents and the P1 gene it will be a few spot. artist who may end up breeding this babe I do have a calculator that calculates appaloosa patterning if you need it! I will link to it at the bottom. I hope I got all of the appy jargon right lol
Hair edits have a 25% chance of passing. Sun marking cannot pass. Carries gene for brindle and must be rolled for.
color calculator
Last edited by dreamwalker on Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: #6384 red dun leopard appaloosa

Postby Mango30 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Username: Mango30
Halter color: Same purple as the little bandanna
Spring activity: Flynn's spring activity? It's rather exciting! To him, at least. In the Spring, as the flowers start to bloom and children start gathering for trail rides, Flynn is for the more advanced. A bouncy boy, those who know him know he wants to explore. Explore and go fast. Sure, Flynn likes taking in the view, but he wants to explore as much as he can as fast as he can. However, this is much to any new rider's dismay. Holding him back only makes Flynn want to go faster and irritates him. So, you learn fast that you let him do his thing, unless it's dangerous. The forest nearby is fairly large and he has only explored a small portion. For all he knows, there's a whole new world waiting for him to discover! New caves, streams, and animals!

However, recently, he was able to escape on his own. Finally, no tack or any riders restraining and confining him to the regular trails! He went deeper and deeper, his excitement growing with every step. The chirp of new birds and the rustle of new trees greeting him pushed him on. Streams trickled softly, whispering of his arrival. He had fallen upon a cave that wasn't very spacious, nor was it very long. It still provided enough room for a horse his size. Flynn snorted with satisfaction. Flowers bloomed at the entrance and some bunnies hopped by, spooked by his snort. Flynn felt a sense of pride and freedom. This was his spot now. He found it all on his own. But now, to get back. This made Flynn a little nervous, but soon determination flashed in his eyes. This part is unfamiliar, but he hadn't made many turns. He could get back without any trouble. Sticking to this simple plan, the stallion loped out of the cave, much slower than his arrival. Taking in his surroundings and memorizing his way.

Successfully after a while, he got back. He trotted proudly out of the treeline to see the barn. No doubt people were worried, but when they saw him emerge from the forest, all they did was open the pasture door, shaking their heads in relief and smiling. A few newbies looked very shocked and confused. All the while, Flynn trotted into the pasture proudly, nickering all around. The gate closed behind him, his adventure came to an end.

For now, at least.
Last edited by Mango30 on Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hello! I'm Mango30, but I'm usually just called Mango, Puff or River. Really any of those are fine with me! I am a girl and would prefer the pronouns she/her. I ride horses, English style, and I love drawing and anything with horses! I'm completely obsessed horse adopts on here, so please feel free to tell me about any! I watch anime, Transformers Prime, RiD and a little TFA. The animes I watch are Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note, Ouran High Host Club, Soul Eater, Fate Apocrypha, and the Seven Deadly Sins. I'm getting into Supernatural, Merlin, and some other shows like The Dragon Prince. This is just some basic information about me, so PM me if you ever want to talk! I'm free pretty much all the time! I don't bite!

Note: I tend to get a little awkward or anxious, which leads me to ask lots of questions. I'm sorry about that, I just tend to doubt myself sometimes!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mango30

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ariana Black » Tue May 01, 2018 5:58 pm

Username: Ariana Black
Name: Cirque du Soleil /// Helios
Halter color: purple with gold suns and gold buckles
Spring activity: Helios is a therapy horse that loves to work with kids. One day he was working with a new boy that seemed nervous. The kid moved away and started playing with a soccer ball. Without warning, he kicked it too far and Helios went to go get the ball. With his legs, he kicked it back some weaving like he did with pole bending. The kid laughed and clapped his hands. Helios was glad to get through to him and soon they were kicking the ball back and forth between them. His owner came out to see them and smiled softly glad that Helios had learned a new way to help. This would help some of the kids trying to gain movement back in their legs.
Last edited by Ariana Black on Thu May 10, 2018 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Art made by the amazing theNightwishmaster and was commissioned by me.
Ariana Black

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:18 am

Username:
Name:
Spring activity:
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamwalker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:56 am

I'll be judging this babe tonight :3

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamwalker » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:16 pm

Congrats!! I'll get the halter added for you here shortly c:

Mango30 wrote:Username: Mango30
Halter color: Same purple as the little bandanna
Spring activity: Flynn's spring activity? It's rather exciting! To him, at least. In the Spring, as the flowers start to bloom and children start gathering for trail rides, Flynn is for the more advanced. A bouncy boy, those who know him know he wants to explore. Explore and go fast. Sure, Flynn likes taking in the view, but he wants to explore as much as he can as fast as he can. However, this is much to any new rider's dismay. Holding him back only makes Flynn want to go faster and irritates him. So, you learn fast that you let him do his thing, unless it's dangerous. The forest nearby is fairly large and he has only explored a small portion. For all he knows, there's a whole new world waiting for him to discover! New caves, streams, and animals!

However, recently, he was able to escape on his own. Finally, no tack or any riders restraining and confining him to the regular trails! He went deeper and deeper, his excitement growing with every step. The chirp of new birds and the rustle of new trees greeting him pushed him on. Streams trickled softly, whispering of his arrival. He had fallen upon a cave that wasn't very spacious, nor was it very long. It still provided enough room for a horse his size. Flynn snorted with satisfaction. Flowers bloomed at the entrance and some bunnies hopped by, spooked by his snort. Flynn felt a sense of pride and freedom. This was his spot now. He found it all on his own. But now, to get back. This made Flynn a little nervous, but soon determination flashed in his eyes. This part is unfamiliar, but he hadn't made many turns. He could get back without any trouble. Sticking to this simple plan, the stallion loped out of the cave, much slower than his arrival. Taking in his surroundings and memorizing his way.

Successfully after a while, he got back. He trotted proudly out of the treeline to see the barn. No doubt people were worried, but when they saw him emerge from the forest, all they did was open the pasture door, shaking their heads in relief and smiling. A few newbies looked very shocked and confused. All the while, Flynn trotted into the pasture proudly, nickering all around. The gate closed behind him, his adventure came to an end.

For now, at least.

dreamwalker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mango30 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:47 pm

Ahhh, thank you so much!!!
Hello! I'm Mango30, but I'm usually just called Mango, Puff or River. Really any of those are fine with me! I am a girl and would prefer the pronouns she/her. I ride horses, English style, and I love drawing and anything with horses! I'm completely obsessed horse adopts on here, so please feel free to tell me about any! I watch anime, Transformers Prime, RiD and a little TFA. The animes I watch are Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note, Ouran High Host Club, Soul Eater, Fate Apocrypha, and the Seven Deadly Sins. I'm getting into Supernatural, Merlin, and some other shows like The Dragon Prince. This is just some basic information about me, so PM me if you ever want to talk! I'm free pretty much all the time! I don't bite!

Note: I tend to get a little awkward or anxious, which leads me to ask lots of questions. I'm sorry about that, I just tend to doubt myself sometimes!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mango30

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me