VOK #50 Special adopt(s?) by souldier

Based on Click to view
Artist souldier [gallery]
Time spent 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

VOK #50 Special adopt(s?)

Postby souldier » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:20 pm

Welcome to the 50th adopt(s) of the species!
It's been awesome running this species, and for this special number I wanted to give a little something to the community.
I hope you all enjoy!

"The three mice trotted along the dry crumbly surface of the log, their paws making tiny pit-pats as they ran. The water swirled beneath them, hungry and foaming, fringed by reeds. Any mouse who fell in would surely not survive.

The mouse at the front, a large dark grey male with a torn ear, paused and turned to his companions.
“Careful, this part is tricky.” He squeaked gruffly, glancing pointedly at the mouse directly behind him - the youngest of the group, a black doe, who shuffled her paws nervously.
The mouse who took up the rear of the party, a tawny buck, twitched his whiskers.

“I’ll make sure she doesn’t fall,” He announced, “I can hold your tail, just to be sure, if you like.”
The young doe glared at him, her eyes narrow brown slits, and shot back tartly, “I’m not a mouselet anymore! I can look after myself.” And with that she turned, swiftly pushed past the grey buck and trotted ahead.

The tawny buck sighed and followed, his eyes soft as he padded across the trunk. The grey mouse twitched his torn ear as he passed and muttered,
“You won’t win her over like that,” The tawny buck stopped, his ears pricked, and shot him a desperate look. “I was just trying to be nice!”

The older mouse opened his greying muzzle, and then closed it. There was nothing more he could say. He sighed and trotted after the black doe.

The wood beneath their paws had become frighteningly narrow, as the log dipped into the water and they were left a spindly twig as their bridge. The end of the twig was buried firmly into the mud on the bank, providing a stable but dangerously thin pathway. The black doe stepped cautiously onto the twig, swallowing nervously as it dipped slightly under her weight. The grey buck followed close behind, glancing at the river below.
A thin drizzle had begun to fall, collecting in little droplets on the mouses pelts, and wetting the twig they were balanced on, making dangerous slippery patches. One wrong pawstep could send a mouse to its death.
The tawny buck strained to see over the older bucks broad shoulders, blinking away the rain.
All of a sudden there was a muffled squeak, and the old mouse in front of him let out a startled gasped. The tawny bucks eyes widened, fearful of what might have happened to their other companion, and he crouched to leap over his friend. If he missed, he could end up in the river. But he had to!

He leaped over the grey mouses haunches, and realised too late that the black doe who was hanging on to the branch by one paw was already receiving help from the old buck. He landed with a whump on the grey buck’s head, tumbling onto the twig, his hind paw hitting the black does face as he landed. With a startled squeak she let go of the branch and landed with a splat into the mud at the edge of the river. He scrambled to his paws and raced off the end of the twig and onto the muddy shore, the grumbling elder at his heels. Mud squelched between his paws as he ran.

The black does long tail was poking out from behind some reeds.

He scrambled around the vegetation, and skidded to an ungraceful halt in front of the black doe, who had pulled herself out of the murky mud, and was washing the green slime from her sleek fur. “Sorry! I’m so so sorry! I just wanted to-”
Before he could finish she glared at him, trotted past, and joined the dark grey mouse who was waiting by a path into the bulrushes that edged the top of the bank.
He sighed. Whiskers drooping, tail dragging, he followed her. The old buck didn’t say anything as he reached him, just nudged the mud spattered young buck onto the trail. "

3 Sunsets later our weary travellers reached their destination - the Valley of Kagonn.
Here they separated to find their own tribes.
They need a place to stay. A home. Will you provide that for them?

Prompt: Write about how your tribe reacted when one of these mice attempts to join them.
How did the newcomer feel? Did they miss their friends? It's all up to you!
You must be at least level two to enter this competition,
This is an unlimited impress me. Go wild!

You can only enter for one mouse.
Please state which one in your form! eg. mouse one is the grey buck, mouse two is the black doe and mouse three is the tawny buck.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Tribe thread:[/b]
[b]Entering for mouse #1, #2 or #3?[/b]
[b]Mouse name:[/b]
[b]Prompt answer:[/b]

This ends on the 30th april, NZST!

Last edited by souldier on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
souldier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: VOK #50 Special adopt(s?)

Postby Chimericect » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:43 pm

Last edited by Chimericect on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:21 am, edited 5 times in total.
Chimericect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby River Song » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:54 pm

Beware the ones with fangs in their mouths and runes on their fur.

wip wip wip! Need to get to lvl. 2, and then try for the tawny child.
Last edited by River Song on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
River Song

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby OriGalaxii » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Mark!
🦄Direcorns🦄
✨Cosmicats✨
♡My Mews (MFA)♡
🌟Storkverse Mega Storage🌟
♡Art Shop♡
OriGalaxii on practically everything

Heyo, im Ori!
Commissions Always Open
He/They, Lune/Luneself
OriGalaxii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadow the hedgehog » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:44 am

mark
dee he/it/she adult
creature from another planet
shadow the hedgehog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby alexandrrfamilton » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:52 am

mark!!
alexandrrfamilton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emblo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:04 am

mark!
emblo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griddle » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:46 pm

Can't wait to see this guy! 8w8
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Evils » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:38 pm

Mark!
"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." - Edgar Allan Poe
Evils

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nero The Corgi King » Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:03 pm

mark
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image