Based on Click to view
Artist Placebo [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 45 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

SCS Custom and Adopt #576 and #577

Postby Placebo » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:52 pm

Second Chance Shelter wrote: Second Chance Shelter is a dog and cat rescue where you can come to find a new member of your family. We rescue and rehabilitate dogs and cats of all shapes and sizes so they may have the chance to be placed into a caring home. All of our animals are special and deserve a chance to be happy with an owner that will care for them. The question is: are you ready to love them?

Backstory wrote:Two... strays? We're not really sure how these two clever kids stumbled on us. A concerned patron told us about a stray cat that they suspected might have been a bobcat because of its size, but apparently it was just this big cat! They've been vandalizing trash cans before they decided to check into the shelter. They came with very little fuss, but they don't seem to want to be separated. The big cat is missing its right eye, and frequently the shelter workers have seen the retriever mix covering their blind spot.

I really like brindle so uh

hecc finally got it out on time w eeps-- also please don't get confused about these guys' numbers! I just want the number 577 lol

577 wrote:User: Placebo
Name: Heimdall
Sex: Male
Collar: Gold Chain

Onto comp! Just tell me how this cat functions with one eye when Heimdall isn't around. Extras are encouraged<3

576 wrote:>> Username: Imaginary
>> Name: Balor ("Evil Eye" king of the Fomorians, a race of giants.)
>> Sex: Male
>> Collar: x
>> How do they function with one eye?: --form in second post--

w eeps so sorry, but the end date is currently January 8th! Feel free to ask for extensions<33

Genes:

576 Highlander Mix:
**Curled Ears have a 30% chance of passing onto offspring.
Charcoal Marble Point with Min White

A(pb)a // mcmc // bb1 // EE // CbCb // Dd // Dmdm // ww // ss // NN // Sbsb // ii // Wbwb // ll

577 Curly Coated Retriever/Borzoi Mix:
Brindle with Min White
Kbrk // Eme // Bb // Dd // slsl // AyAt // SiSi // mm // rr // TiTi // CCch // gg // uu
Last edited by Placebo on Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: SCS Custom and Adopt #576 and #577

Postby mongrel » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:53 pm

>> Username: Imaginary
    >> Name: Balor ("Evil Eye" king of the Fomorians, a race of giants.)
    >> Sex: Male
    >> Collar: x
    >> How do they function with one eye?: Written from Balor's perspective
    Balor wrote:You think it's easy dealin' with only one eye to see outta? I don't think you get how much it makes you rely on other senses to be able to go 'round your everyday life, especially without a big lovable beast like Heimdall to help you around. See, I tend to use Heimdall as the eye that I don't have - and 'cause he's with me so often, it's hard for me to not be with 'im. But I understand that my bud has stuff to do, people to see, y'know? Which, course, means I've had to adapt to him not bein' there.
    Sure, yeah, my hearin' and my scent's helpful. As it is to most. I do think that with the half-loss of one of my senses, my others became more... attuned? Is that the right word? ...Yeah - attuned - to the things 'round me. I think that my hearin' and ability to smell is better than most. Or at least, that's what I've been told. For me, it's always seemed the same. And while it's useful, it's not what I mainly need to get around.
    I wish I had a tail. A long, thick, flexible one. But all I've got is this little stump. I can't remember if I was born with it or if it was chopped off or somethin'. But I mean, there's no scar tissue or anythin' so I assume I was born with it, like my eye. Sure would be useful to have a full tail, though. It's pretty difficult to keep my balance with this tiny thing, especially with only one way to see. If I'd had an actual tail, I'd be able to feel around with it. Like I do with my whiskers n' paws.
    Speakin' of which, that's my main way I deal with everythin' without Heimdall. My whiskers are pretty useful so I don't go bumpin' into stuff head-on. They also help me determine if the size of somethin'. See, without both eyes, my judgement of size and how far away somethin' is is a bit... off. So they tell me if I'm too close. Or I guess too far, too. But that's just for my face. The rest of me? I use my paws. Sure, I can see the ground in front of me. On one side. I can't on the other. So I'm very careful walkin' on that side. I tend to walk pretty slowly when I'm bein' careful, 'cause I gotta feel what's underneath and in front of my paws before I can take a step. I'm faster now than I was when I started doin' that little tactic, cause I've gotten years o' practice. It's still a slight nuisance, but it's tolerable.

>> Voice Claim: Blake Shelton
    >> Likes:
    - Heimdall
    - Kodi
    - dogs (in general)
    - outside
    - open areas
    - cold
    - water
    - rain & snow
    - soft blankets
    - high flat surfaces (tables, chairs, mantles, etc.)
    - tickles
    - cuddles (lowkey thinks he's a lapdog)
    >> Neutral:
    - Leopold
    - Rosalind
    - Gage
    - Haydn
    - indoors
    - humans
    - cats
    - sleeping
    >> Dislikes:
    - Wisteria
    - buzzing/ticking/beeping sounds
    - heat
    - crowded/confined areas
    - dizziness
    - too much light
    - loud noises
    - human kids
    >> Fears:
    - full loss of eyesight
    - losing any other senses
    - losing close friends (Keimdall, Kodi)
    - dying in a fire/being burned
    >> Relationships: Written from Balor's perspective
    • Heimdall •
    Balor wrote:Aw, man, Heimdall's the best. I've known him for a while, ever since I strayed away from my mother. I didn't really know much 'bout 'im, and I guess I just clung to the first thing that was vaguely nice to me. As a young cat, I followed him around and observed his survival strategies. I don't think he really liked me all that much when we first met - he just tolerated my existence, y'know? But me, bein' the little bugger I am, was determined to become friends with the big dude. Hiemdall eventually warmed up to me, I think, and we quickly became inseparable. He taught me the ways of the streets, and he turned into the eye I didn't have. Almost like the service dogs blind humans got. We evaded trouble for the most part, although we left plenty of it in our wake. I came to think o' Heimdall as a brother of sorts, and while I can't read minds, I think he thought the same of me. We ran through the streets of wherever the hell we were at the time, livin' life to the best we could, given the circumstances. After some years, we agreed to find a place better than the dirty, foul cities and towns we wandered 'bout. One that would take care o' us both. One we could call home - somethin' neither of us hadn't known, form what I knew 'bout Heimdall. We made our way to a place the humans called a "shelter," or somethin' along those lines. A place where there were all animals like us, and the humans cared for 'em until some other human came along and took 'em home. I wasn't keepin' track, but me n' Heimdall stayed there for a while. Turns out that two different people wanted to adopt us - one for Heim, who actually worked at the shelter, and one for me, but because we're so close, the shelter people wanted to make sure we could still see each other every once n a while. It's been weird without him there all the time, but I still get to see 'im, so everythin's good.

• Kodi •
    Balor wrote:I'm not exactly sure what drew me to Kodi. Maybe her size? We're almost equal height - mind you, I'm taller. But I've really never met another cat similar to my size. It's one of those things that's like "oh, you're this? So am I! Let's be buddies!"
    When I first arrived at my place, I was pretty nervous. Not that I showed it, 'course. Kodi was the first to approach me - the rest were either not 'round the house at the time, asleep, or highly suspicious of me. But Kodi. Kodi walked up with her plush, soft coat and her fluffy tail and decided to be nice. I feel like it might have also been a thing going on between the animals of the house, to one-up each other. Or maybe it was just her trying to set an example. Like what happened with Heim, I tried to befriend the first person who displayed kindness. And I guess it was just her nature, 'cause hell knows I'm not very naturally kind myself, but we became close friends pretty fast. We spend our days wanderin' 'round the property, explorin' in the high grass n' up in the trees, and our nights huddled in some random spot, sometimes inside, sometimes out. I think I developed some sort of feelin' for her somewhere along the way. They've lingered - I haven't had the courage to bring it up.

• Leopold •
    Balor wrote:Leopold's always been someone I'm sorta "on the fence" 'bout. It took 'im n' I a while to warm up to each other - although we're still not exactly what you'd call friends. More acquaintances than anythin'. Sure, he's nice n' all, but it took him a bit to decide to be. He was one o' those that either was asleep whenever I was in the room or was too indecisive to talk. It took him a lotta talkin' to from Kodi for him to be convinced that I wasn't whatever he thought. I guess only Leopold n' Kodi know what that was. Due to his reaction towards me, I was more than suspicious of 'im as well. Kodi was the mutual link between us, and she often was the one to try to get us to actually talk to each other. After a while, we did. It was kinda awkward the first time we talked - we didn't really know what to talk about. We've had several chats since then, and they've gotten easier, but it's still pretty iffy to both of us.

• Rosalind •
    Balor wrote:Oh, that kid's a sweetheart. Kinda odd, though. But don't say that to Gage - he's... he's strangely overprotective. Rosalind's the sort that... It's difficult to explain her. She's complex. I've overheard rumors about her having been in some sorta illegal dog fighting gig, which I assume it true afters hearing one of two of her and Gage's conversations. I've always guessed that it messed her up in some way to make her act the way she does. I mean, it's only an assumption, which aren't all that good, but it's the only thing I can come up with. I hadn't seen Rosalind for at least a few days of me living in the house, probably 'cause Gage didn't yet approve of me, seeing as she tends to keep by his side. She acts sweet, though, and the chats I've had with her have been pretty pleasant. I haven't really had enough time with her to be able to consider her my friend.

• Gage •
    Balor wrote:Gage is like two sides of a coin. I can't decide if I don't like 'im or if I do. See, the first impression I had of him was a big lumbering doofus who did whatever Wisteria said. He seemed almost aggressive, if you consider a growl when gettin' too close aggressive. From what I'd seen from 'im, he had a massive ego and seemed to be the dominant one of the house, alongside his feline counterpart - he would strut around and let you know he's the boss. He wasn't nice to talk to, n' acted uninterested n' like his time's bein' wasted. Now, once Rosalind started showin' up more n' more, he changed. He turned into a more loose, friendly dog. He became more approachable when she was around, more easy to talk to. Like I said, two different faces, y'know? 'Cause of the differences between those faces, I tend to take a more neutral stance towards Gage - really depends on how he's feelin'.

• Haydn •
    Balor wrote:Haydn? I haven't really gathered an opinion on that one. He came in the same day I did - we're both still tryna figure out how this place works and where our position is in it. I dunno much 'bout 'im. He's acted pretty shy from what I've seen. He likes to stick by himself. I'm hopin' I get to know 'im better. He seems pretty nice, though. I'm sure I'll be able to get 'im to open up.

• Wisteria •
    Balor wrote:Now, this one. She's just... ugh. She's like Gage's worse side - at all times. 'Nuff said, I think.
Last edited by mongrel on Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 17 times in total.
tyler · they / them · pfp
mongrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Purrfectpal » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:23 pm

576 wrote:
Username: Purrfectpal
Name: Klaus
Collar: Leather collar
How do they function with one eye?: Mostly by hearing and scent. He seems to get around fine just with one eye, but there are blind spots of course.
Last edited by Purrfectpal on Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art by MintleFlower

♥ ♡ ♥
|| Purrfectpal || She/Her || Adult ||
╔══════════════════╗
Hi, I'm Purrfectpal. I am always open to chat with
new people so feel free to send over a message. <3

╚══════════════════╝
|| carrd | commissions | art shoppe ||
♥ ♡ ♥

art by -WanHeda-
Purrfectpal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Peyto1217 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:34 pm

Big mark
Peyto1217

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wiitching » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:11 am

Username: wiitching
Name: cricket
Sex: male
Collar: a bright yellow/orange color, It helps diverts people's attention from the poor lad's missing eye
maybe like this
How do they function with one eye?: his big ears help him a lot, but It's mostly his memory that helps him see with one eye. Cricket has an incredibly memory, he remembers things down to the last detail. He doesn't have much of a hard time picking up new things in a new environment. Whatever he learns, he uses it to the best of his ability. It's as if he has another pair of "eyes". Whether It's with two eyes, one eye, or even no eyes, cricket would do just fine anywhere.
Last edited by wiitching on Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wiitching

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rescue2001 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:08 am

Username:
Name:
Sex:
Collar:
How do they function with one eye?:
My Art Shop
I am a Breyer and Schleich collector along
with other brands of all sizes - mainly horses
looking for UR bengal (ultimate dreamie)
b-day is Jan 3rd, I'm a Capicorn♑

Rescue2001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunny-skies » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:47 am

mark
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolflover34 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:16 pm

Username:wolflover34
Name: August
Sex:male
Collar: Image
How do they function with one eye?: Well by echolocation,When he flicks his tongue he nations the world around him.
Throw me to the WOLVES and I'll return leading the pack!
wolflover34

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Placebo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:07 am

posted an end date!
Placebo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mango30 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:59 am

Username: Mango30
Name: Frey
Collar: Forest green, please!
How do they function with one eye?: Frey uses his hearing most of all. When Heimdall isn't there to be his eyes, he resorts to closing his eyes after scanning the room with what vision he has left and let his ears do all the work. He can differentiate who is who by the sound of the footsteps and voices best, although scent helps greatly with identifying others. However, he will open his eye when he feels he bumps into something, just to ensure he can look at the room again and not bump into anything again.
Hello! I'm Mango30, but I'm usually just called Mango, Puff or River. Really any of those are fine with me! I am a girl and would prefer the pronouns she/her. I ride horses, English style, and I love drawing and anything with horses! I'm completely obsessed horse adopts on here, so please feel free to tell me about any! I watch anime, Transformers Prime, RiD and a little TFA. The animes I watch are Attack on Titan, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Death Note, Ouran High Host Club, Soul Eater, Fate Apocrypha, and the Seven Deadly Sins. I'm getting into Supernatural, Merlin, and some other shows like The Dragon Prince. This is just some basic information about me, so PM me if you ever want to talk! I'm free pretty much all the time! I don't bite!

Note: I tend to get a little awkward or anxious, which leads me to ask lots of questions. I'm sorry about that, I just tend to doubt myself sometimes!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Mango30

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me