and the soul swells in knowing
The wintertime is coming, and with it
The season most warm to the heart

Loathe the frigid air, and yet discount its biting
for the holidays forthcoming bring with it,
The tenderness of family, friends,
and remind us all, that sometimes,
There is warmth among the coldest snow.

Sorry on the wait to post this one ;v;/ I wanted to submit it before I forgot it after i'd finished it (cause i actually started it ages ago OTL i did so many sketches and stuff like that cause i wanted to do something special for you guys for december- since finals are going to be kicking my butt and im actually going to be going on a trip for a week ;A;/

ANYWAY, I hope you guys like this one, a custom lined baby~
Comes with
accessory-less version
and a Transfer to the main lines
And some sketches! that i'll have to upload/provide for you when i'm home! I'm not home at the moment ;v;/

Edits
-standard shine
-standard teeth
-standard claws
-Common hair
-Common fur
-Common tail

The glowing flowers/cloak are accessories, see version without them posted below

Contest will end December 10th.
May answer the prompts through art or writing!
Prettying up is fine.
Code: Select all
[b]Username;;[/b]
[b]Kalon name;;[/b]
[b]Kalon gender;;[/b]
[b]Whats their ideal holiday gift?;;[/b] 300 word max and 2 art piece max.
[b]What's their favorite snow activity?;;[/b] 150 word max and 1 art piece max.
[b]Who's your favorite character?;;[/b] that you own! (OPTIONAL)

*for the gift prompt, you are not required to relate it to christmas specifically. Feel free to interpret for whatever holiday(s) you do celebrate, (maybe their birthday if you don't have any winter holiday?) or just a general gift.

I may raffle to draw a few christmas-y gifts, adding a character of yours is optional, you're welcome to remove it if you don't want to share/ aren't comfortable with possibly receiving art of them ;v;/
Last edited by Sixbane on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 11 times in total.
I'm not really active here anymore, hmu @ Sixbane on TH/DA/Discord instead
Sixbane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1290 - To be revealed Dec 1st

Postby witchcrafting » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:59 pm

Username;; Warfstache || Kalon name;; Estelle Luna || Kalon gender;; Female

Whats their ideal holiday gift?;;
"Best friend gifts.. Always my favourite thing to get from my best girls! Because we both know she really is my BFF and she really does know I have everything already, but I need to get a gift that doesn’t embarrass us both. I am obsessed with photos, taking photos of nature an every day life at any chance I get. I would love to receive a vintage camera; everything always comes out aesthetically pleasing on such old camera, and getting my hands on one would really be ideal."

What's their favorite snow activity?;;
"Snowboarding. I always try and get the best photos on way way down the hill. I have a very nice collection of photos from my snowboarding trip, all put in a photo album."

Who's your favorite character?;;
My boy Enis would have to be my favourite character out of all my ferals.
Last edited by witchcrafting on Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
witchcrafting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mongrel » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:00 pm

Ahh mark, can't wait to see em!
tyler · they / them · pfp
mongrel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jippy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:00 pm

Username;; Dreamlight

Kalon name;; Aurora

Kalon gender;; female

Whats their ideal holiday gift?;; Her ideal holiday gift is a snow globe. Now it may seem simple and boring but her grandfather was specialized in engineering and building. Teaching her how to make handmade snow globes. Made in all different types and shapes. She delicately made each one and always put time and of course joy into making each one. Every single one turned out different then the rest and it lights her heart up to see the surprises on others faces when she presents them the unique snow globes. Like a tradition she loves to make and give these wonderful snow globes.

What's their favorite snow activity?;; Her absolute favorite activity has got to be sledding! During the time of year where the snow is perfect and soft and the slopes are huge. It’s worth it to climb to the top and sled all the way down. That feeling of exhilaration and excitement is unbeatable by anything else. It fills her with overwhelming sensation that is the best part of winter.
Last edited by Jippy on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jippy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teddy. » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:00 pm

mark

xxxxxxxxxxxxʕ•ᴥ•ʔxxxxxxxxxxxx

{ teddy | he/they | adult }
hey there! i'm teddy, feel free to msg me!!
my viscets ~ my kalons

xxxxxxxxxxxxʕ•ᴥ•ʔxxxxxxxxxxxx
teddy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spirit23Wolf » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:00 pm

mark
Pet's name: Everest (Thank You KIONO)
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
Spirit23Wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby christina. » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Username;; sailor saturn
Kalon name;; angela
Kalon gender;; female
Whats their ideal holiday gift?;; angela has a soft spot for thoughtful gifts. she hates to recieve things like money for her birthday. it just doesnt seem right, yknow? shes so much more drawn to the homey feeling of a homemade gift, like a drawing! theres always an emotional connection to homemade gifts. they take time and effort, and a certain love for the certain someone whos getting that gift. that being said, her favorite gift out of the homemade ones shes ever recieved would have to be the scarf her friend gave her the year before. it took most of the year, her friend had said, and though she didnt believe that a silly scarf would take so long, she loved it.
What's their favorite snow activity?;; her favorite snow activiry besides snow angels would have to be taking a long walk in the forest. she does this often regardless of the season, but the forest always looks...so gorgeous when its covered in a thick blanket of snow and icicles hang from every tree branch. the stillness of it, the pristine look of uninterrupted snow on the ground, the twinkle of the icicles when theyre caught in the sunlight—-it brings forth a homey feeling that she cant quite place.
Who's your favorite character?;; i love my angel michael <333
Last edited by christina. on Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sometimes it feels like i’ve got a war in my mind,
i wanna get off but i keep ridin’ the ride

bailey ♥ she/her ♥ my kalons
christina.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NightFlame22 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Username;; NightFlame22
Kalon name;; Ariabelle
Kalon gender;; Female
Whats their ideal holiday gift?;;
Ariabelle could hardly wait for Christmas. It wasn't often that she truly had an idea for her best friends, but this time around, she knew exactly what to do, and that made her so excited she thought she would burst. She wasn't the wealthiest kal around, but that didn't stop her from doing something special. Rather than buying gifts, she made them herself, using the craftiness she had learned from both her own experimentation and tutorials on the internet. She loved being able to customize a gift to the receiver's personality, knowing that they would get something they would truly love. This year, she was giving her friends special bracelets, ones that seemed to go together but were all different in their own way. She spent hours making sure that each piece was fit to the intended person's liking, adding charms and colors that suited their interests. It wasn't always easy to find the perfect components, but she had scoured each and every craft store until she felt she had a good collection. Arranging the beads and charms was her favorite part, and even though it took a while to get everything right, the time passed quickly since she was doing what she loved. Eventually she had the bracelets finished and wrapped up in bright shiny gift boxes, each tagged with the recipient's name in pretty cursive handwriting. Oh, how she wanted to give them away right now! Imagining her friends' smiling faces when they unwrapped something made just for them caused her to bounce around excitedly. She knew it'd be worth the wait to see their reactions, though, because to Ari, the perfect gift is one that is made with the love of a true friend. (287/300)

What's their favorite snow activity?;;
Ariabelle loved winter more than any other season. The cold was so refreshing, the snow so clean. While there was no time more lovely to her than late January, when the chill had reached its peak, her favorite part of winter came at the very beginning.

On the very first snow of the season, Ari would put on her favorite scarf and step outside, watching in awe as the pristine white flakes floated down to the earth. It was like another world entirely, peaceful and quiet, yet so full of wonder. She would slowly step out into the flurries, feeling the little bits of cold as snowflakes melted on her. Crossing her eyes, she would stick out her tongue and try to catch them. One, two, three... it was her favorite game, trying to see how many would stick to her at once before they all melted away. (148/150)

(art by demonsdays, OliverTrash, and rainbowpanda101 respectively <3)

Who's your favorite character?;;
Oh, that's a difficult question... I'd probably say my fave kal is Naiya, or you could do my boy Night Flame ^.^ Thanks so much!! <3
Last edited by NightFlame22 on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
┌─────────┐

└─────────┘
╔═════════════════════════╗

x
Hiya! The name's NightFlame, but most call me Night or Flame.
I'm just an exciteable person who loves art and dragons!
Feel free to PM me if you need anything at all <3

╚═════════════════════════╝

NightFlame22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby centurion » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:01 pm

ooOo finna mark
previously fahcray

[ Shadow - it/he ]
[im not here much. if you see me online its basically a miracle]

centurion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:03 pm

Username;; Golden-Boy
Kalon name;; Celine
Kalon gender;; Female
Whats their ideal holiday gift?;; [ 300/300 ]

Celine celebrates Christmas, though she doesn't exactly do it too extravagantly. She doesn't have any family for the holidays, as most of her family have gone their own separate ways. She doesn't have many friends either, and she mostly is just a wandering soul, sometimes helping others with their troubles along the way. So for her, the best gift she could get during the holiday season isn't anything too fancy, nothing shiny or pretty, just someone to spend her time with without worrying about how long it'll be before she has to leave. She has no home and no real friends. All friends she did have in the past left because of their differences, or because Celine saw them as toxic to her life. Most of the kalons that she's ever met were toxic in one way or another, so it's no surprise that none of them stayed around very long.

Celine also practiced some kind of act that she believed would protect her, making symbols on the ground where she slept saying it would banish nightmares from her mind, painting rocks with berries or mud for stability, and other things like that. Most didn't approve of this, saying that Celine was crazy or that she was already losing her mind from the loneliness she often felt.

So if she could ever have just one thing for the holidays, or one gift for all of her life, She'd want a friend. Someone to talk to, someone to spend time with, and someone who understands, or at least someone who won't shame her for her sometimes odd practices. She doesn't want to be bouncing from acquaintance to acquaintance for the rest of her life. She wants a forever friend, a travel buddy, and someone to give a gift to for Christmas.

What's their favorite snow activity?;; [ 150/150 ]

Celine has an odd little activity she loves to do during the winter, specifically involving snow and some kind of ink. She likes to try and dye the snow different colors and make large symbols of protection for all those around. She might do this by dumping the ink into the snow while running around, making circles and different patterns as she does so. She claims that the feeling of wind in her hair and the sound of the ink spilling from it's glass container makes the entire experience more spiritual. Apparently, she also states that the more spiritual the experience feels, the more powerful the symbol will be to protect others. She says that she does this because they're beautiful when finished, and it brings color to the white snow. Some might say she's making the soft powder inpure, but she believes that she's doing good in the world.

Who's your favorite character?;; Miles L. Ross- Peingatto Artist
Last edited by bakuraas. on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups