8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Viscet #2034 - Royal Griffin

Postby SilverSamurai » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:22 am

|Username| Matreats

|Name| Cynthia

|Gender| Female

mmmmmmm it's been a while.
this guy has been sitting in my files for 3+ months so it's about time it's posted

Mutations;;
Lion mane // uncommon

This will be a story contest, requiring a minimum of 500 words (max of 5,000) about their items/how they got them/why they wear them/exc. and at least one extra of your choice. Extra can be a playlist, art, exc. Prettying up is allowed, but not required. Story must be original! No copy and paste. Quality over quantity.

this will end in 2 weeks, Wednesday November 22nd at 5pm EST.
good luck and have fun!

Base form;;

Code: Select all
Username;;
Name;;
Gender;; (biological required)
Story;; how/when/why they got/wear their items. 500 - 5000 words
Extra;; (one required, more allowed but optional)
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscer #2034 - Royal Griffin

Postby ~Ash Wolf~ » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:26 am

Username
Ash Wolf
Name
Maddox
Story
wip
Last edited by ~Ash Wolf~ on Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
~Ash Wolf~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mint Chip » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:29 am

woooah what a beauty <3 marking to watch
ImageImage | Image | ImageImage

ImageImage
You can call me, Mint or Minty.
I usually type in green.

╔═════════════════════╗

╚═════════════════════╝

Dark Cocoa is owned by my Husband & Mint Chip is owned by me
Art created by me

My PMs are disabled, if you have a Viscet related question,
please see this FAQ.
Mint Chip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikachuTori25 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:53 am

THE BABE~
─────── ───────
Riza Hawkeye Simp
Icon by lambcurl
Riza Hawkeye Sprite Source
└──────────────┘
PikachuTori25

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:03 am

oooohhh!! very possible res!
      need to flesh out some ideas first

very beautiful !! <3
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2034 - Royal Griffin

Postby Matreats » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:40 am

╒═════════════════════╕
|Username| Matreats

|Name| Cynthia

|Gender| Female

A great beast lurks within the mountains of Shallur
The promise of treasure, the legend allures
Heroes and knights from all different lands
To travel across the deserted sands
They all come forth in hopes of defeating
The monster heard of in legends repeating
They enter the den of the beast, swords raised
But all that do so have only been erased
The prayers of the people living down below
Have called for a warrior to come from the snow
To save them and cause the hearts to cease
Of this monster, this Roc, this great feathered beast
Their call was answered, the warrior came
And succeeded, victorious! The warrior's name
Was carried on through stories, telling of her endeavor
The tale of The Wanderer - carried on forever
(128 words)

╘═════════════════════╛

╒══════════════════╕

»»------<≈☆≈>------»»
Playlist
ImageImageImageImageImage
»»------<≈☆≈>------»»

╘══════════════════╛

Crowds gathered at the sides of the street as a single viscet walked down the rough cobblestone. The hood was over their head, concealing the face of the mysterious individual, and their tail swished across the ground behind them, making the dust of the roads swirl behind them and kicking it up in the noses of those who got too close. Despite the attempts of several viscets to peek at the face under the cloak, the shadow was too dark to make out any distinguishing features.

Viscets muttered in low voices to each other as the foreigner passed by them, commenting on the rough appearance and the state the traveler was in. The viscet who walked the streets scoffed as they caught snippets of accusation and criticism from those of this city; it was only like them to jump to conclusions and assume the worst.

Ahead of them, at the end of the street, was the palace; home to Prince Eris, soon to be ruler of this land. The spires of the structure rose majestically into the bright blue sky, seeming to touch the clouds at their peaks. Admittedly, it was beautiful; worthy of a king. For anyone who had lived in a poor village for the entirety of their life, the building was breathtaking; the intricately carved archways, the styled hedges and exotic plants all adorned the surface, but the hooded viscet took no time to marvel at the impressiveness of it all.

Leaving the crowds behind, the viscet ascended the stairs up to the enormous doors. The armored guards who stood in the way side-stepped to let them pass, nodding to them as they passed through the entrance. The sound of the traveler’s claws clicking on stone was muffled by the long red carpet that stretched from the doorway to the three thrones, the largest set in the middle and another on each side. Prince Eris was seated in the center throne, his back straightened and his tail curled around his feet fancily.

“So, you’ve arrived,” the prince noted, watching the mysterious figure with careful eyes as they approached. They stopped a mere ten feet away from the foot of his throne, their cloak settling with a quiet swoosh as they did. The prince raised his nose, eyeing the covered viscet disdainfully. “Remove your cloak,” he ordered, gesturing with his paw. There was no response. “Not to do so would be a disgrace to the royal family. Remove your cloak.” He spoke louder, repeating the command, but it had no effect. “You will obey me-“

“I came here for one sole purpose,” the cloaked viscet interjected in a husky voice, much to the prince’s frustration. He looked as if he was going to interrupt, but the traveler continued, not giving him the opportunity to. “You know what for.”
Prince Eris sniffed. He knew exactly why they had come, but he nodded for them to continue. It would do the renegade some good to explain himself for once.

“I came to destroy the beast that has plagued your valley for these many years.”

The prince raised a brow, a sly grin forming on his face. “Of course, you must know that hundreds have already attempted to slay the creature, and failed to return alive?” He questioned.

“I am aware.”

“And you still wish to try?”

“I will not fail.”

Ah. So, they were one of those kinds. “A bit arrogant, aren’t we?” The prince chuckled, thinking himself quite funny. He had heard stories about the mountain-dwellers, they were supposedly wild, rather primitive folk, and if his sources served him right, this foreigner was of that origin. Of course, the prince would usually never associate with a people such as them, but these were dire circumstances, and if the creature continued to raid his kingdom, he wouldn’t have anyone left to rule over. He supposed he could make an exception.

The room settled with an awkward silence, and Prince Eris cleared his throat, squaring his shoulders. “When do you wish to depart?”

“Immediately.”

“I suspected as such. Should you return, my parents will reward you greatly.”

At the mention of the rulers, the traveler glanced at the two empty thrones set to the side of the center one. They hadn’t paid it much attention at first, but after noticing the absence of the king and queen, the room seemed more vacant than they remembered, with the boisterous ruler and his fanciful wife not present. “Have they gone away?”

“Yes,” the prince nodded, “my mother and father have crossed the seas on a diplomatic mission to unite our kingdom with the one in the far west.”

The traveler narrowed their eyes, though the expression was not visible to the prince. In all their times visiting this kingdom, he had never heard of the two royals leaving their borders before, not even to visit other lands. The traveler regarded the prince with more suspicion than before, but since he had provided no further explanation, they resigned to not saying anything more on the subject. “Of course,” they responded. “You can expect me back at the palace doors within three days’ time.”

If you survive. The prince didn’t voice the thought, instead he gave an affirmative nod. The traveler turned and left after their last words, their tail dragging on the floor as they exited the throne room. Prince Eris watched them leave, his face curling in disgust as the front guards closed the palace doors. How undignified.

---

The viscet dug her claws into the snow as another furious gust of wind blew through the mountaintops. She pressed her side against the stone face of the mountain as the snow swirled around her, almost completely blocking her vision. Her cloak was useless in this weather; the brown fabric whipped back and forth, the clasp digging into her chest fur being the only thing keeping it from flying away. The wind bit at every exposed bit of flesh: her nose, her ears, her paws- even her thick winter fur wasn’t enough to stay the biting cold.
Risking a glance up, the brown-furred viscet narrowed her eyes against the snow to see that she wasn’t far from the peak of the mountain. It had been two days since she started on her way up, two days since she had arrived at the palace, two days since her last decent meal. Nevertheless, she pressed onward, motivated by the fact that she was nearly to her destination.
She took another step, and gasped as the rocks she had planted her paws on shifted, sending her tumbling towards the cliff. Her claws caught on a stone before the mountain was able to take her life, and her back legs flailed in the open air as she struggled to pull herself to safety. Her claws felt like they were being jerked out of her paws as they were the only thing keeping her from falling to her death, several miles below. She growled determinately, swinging her tail to gather momentum and scrabbling wildly, she managed to heave herself over the edge. She crawled on her belly until she was far enough away from the edge to be safe, shivering as the snow melted into her fur as she did so. Panting as she rose, she bowed her head against the wind and continued forward.
Finally, she breached the peak, and raised her head to see that the top of the mountain was a flat plateau, at least a few hundred feet across. She scanned the snowy landscape through squinted eyes, searching for any sort of life, any sign that the beast had been, or was, here, but there was nothing. Suddenly, a deafening screech filled her ears, and an enormous winged creature descended from out of the sky. With every flap of its wings, billows of snow blew off the top of the mountain, and the viscet shielded her eyes with an arm as she was slammed with waves of freezing powder.
The creature landed, the sheer weight of it making the ground underneath her shake. When she looked up, the beast was over her, its massive body looming above her much smaller form. The harsh wind seemed to barely ruffle the giant bird’s feathers as it spread its wings, displaying a wingspan of at least fifty feet, and let out a cry. If she hadn’t been so occupied with the bird’s size, she would have noticed that the cry seemed melancholic, almost mournful.
“Who dares to trespass on my ground?” The voice of the bird was low and thunderous, and it seemed to shake the viscet’s very soul.
“I have come to avenge the lives of those who have been lost to you,” she shouted above the storm, placing a paw on her weapon attached to her side.
“I have not killed.”
With one swift movement, she drew her sword, gripping the hilt with two paws and holding it towards the beast. “Don’t lie to me,” she growled threateningly. “You are the creature behind the deaths and raidings in the Burcadian Kingdom.”
“I am not.”
What was it trying to do? The viscet glowered, taking a step forward. “You have murdered innocent people in cold blood. There are thousands of witnesses of a Roc destroying towns across the country,” she relayed.
“It is false.”
“How can it be false?” She yelled as the wind picked up even further. “I’ve seen villages fall at your claws myself!”
The Roc seemed to consider her words staring down at her with yellow eyes. “You have been fooled, just as all in this land have been. I am not the perpetrator of these crimes, I am the protector. Your enemy does not lie here, your enemy is not me. I am your guardian.”
She could barely believe what the Roc was telling her. She had been there, she had seen the bird destroy her home before her very eyes, but yet it was still trying to convince her that she was wrong. “No,” she breathed, holding her sword out. “You’re wrong.”
“You may continue to believe that if you’d like, but I speak the truth.”
“Do you know how many you’ve killed? Do you know what the king and queen-“
“The king and queen are dead.”
The words struck her like a blow to the heart, and her eyes widened. “You’re lying,” she spat, cursing the bird. “You’re a filthy liar!”
“It is true. They are dead, their murders committed by their own, greedy son.”
She sucked in a breath, her sword falling to her side. If she accepted the Roc’s words as truth, everything made sense; the absence of the royals, the out of control law enforcement, the disappearing viscets around the kingdom- it all connected. She stared back into the bird’s eyes, giving a solemn nod. “I understand.”
“Then take these,” it responded. “You are the only one who can prevent him from furthering his corrupted ideals.” There was a bright flash of white light, and when her vision cleared, the Roc was gone, and in its place was a large bird skull and two wings. She immediately recognized them as the Roc’s, and took them in her paws. She could feel the magic and power imbued within them, and she narrowed her eyes.
She would be the one to take the prince off of the throne. She would be the one to protect the kingdom. She wouldn’t let the Roc’s death be in vain.
Last edited by Matreats on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:00 am, edited 7 times in total.

──I AM LOKI, OF ASGARD!─────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
──────────────AND I AM──
┌────────────────────┐
hello! my name is matreats c:
I love art, well-written characters,
and I love to roleplay as well ☆

RP characters
eldemore

└────────────────────┘
──BURDENED WITH─────────
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
───────GLORIOUS PURPOSE

Matreats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jippy » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:42 am

Username;;
Name;;
Res! Time to roll up my sleeves and start typing!
Jippy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Saberblush » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:44 am

Oh my MARK!
Saberblush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonstars » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:48 am

Username;;dragonstars
Name;;Griffith
Gender;; Male
Story;; Back in ancient greek times,Griffith was one of the most strongest guards in the whole city athens.There was a rumor that a griffin was living high up in the moutains and soon would attack the city.Griffith and some of the guards set on a quest to take down this griffin.He was given everything he has on now,But the skull and wings.Once they made it the griffin attack them,All the other guards were badly injured,But not griffith.He fought the griffin and killed it,they took the griffins body back to show to there king.He was rewarded the skull of the griffin and the griffins wings.
I know,Its sad but i thought it went well with this little guy <3
Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SoupPupped » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:06 am

Username;;
Name;;

res w/ the name of bentley, goes by birdy
female - heterosexual - slytherin - extrovert - AFJROTC color guardImage
Hi, I'm Danny, a moody teenager who one days wants to be an MP/MWD handler in the  . I enjoy Camp Camp, Harry Potter, South Park, Rick and Morty, roleplaying, Hunter Avallone, Big Mouth, SVTFOE, Miraculous Ladybug, and of course, cadences. Don't be afraid to PM me or send me a trade at any time.
favorite cadence - haha yes
mood; heartbroken

days until surgery: 2

days until christmas: 8

SoupPupped

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me