14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Viscet #1895 - Closed

Postby Yugi » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:46 am

Username: SilverSamurai
Name: Aiakos
Gender for breeding: Male
Claim Date: 10/9/2017

This viscet is based off of a combination of vultures, vulture culture, plague doctors, and voodoo!

This will be a fairly simple writing contest! To win this viscet, please tell me what is up with their clothes?
Why do they wear what they wear? Is it just a costume, or does it have a deeper underlying meaning to it?

You're allowed to pretty up your form, but no extras are permitted.

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Their clothes: (Minimum amount of 150 words; maximum of 800)

This contest will end on Sunday, October 8th at 8:00 PM PDT!
Mutations wrote:None
Last edited by Yugi on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
xxx
x

Yugi | She/They | Biracial Asian
Digital Artist x 3D Hobbyist x Live2D Animator
xxx
Image Image
ImageImage
xxx
World's shortest cyberpunk 🤘

Daylight's not for me 。。。
That's why I'm nocturnal

ImageImage
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
✦✧
✧✦
Yugi
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1895 - Open

Postby Stårry » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:48 am

*wheeze* hard mark ;;

Res as a harbinger of 'stray' and 'loss' , all who have met him have gone mute, is only seen at night within his grounds. Steals the memory of one's surroundings from them once his eyes are met
Yellow scarf is woven of stolen memories
Last edited by Stårry on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:22 am, edited 4 times in total.

When this world
is no more

┌────────────┐
coding art credit
my characters
ImageImage

└────────────┘
The moon is all
we'll see

┌────────────┐
└────────────┘
I'll ask you to
fly away with me
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magpiemochi. » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:49 am

-
Last edited by magpiemochi. on Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
magpie / she/her / adult
ImageImage Image Image
pfp & sig art by me
magpiemochi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikachuTori25 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:50 am

ImageImage
Hayato stood in front in front of the Seven Lucky Gods, his head down in shame. He did something that no god should ever do, kill another god. and now he was going to pay for it.
"HAYATO!" One of them boomed, he slowly looked up at the seven white figures. 'Cowardly gods...' Hayato thought, the seven lucky gods would never show their faces to a lower ranking god, to protect them from harm.
"You committed a grave sin dear Hayato, We strip you of your god title.... and now never want to see your face near another shrine again." One of the explained.
"I'm sorry it had to come to this." Another said, softly. "Good bye Hayato."
-----
"Oh? Need something to hide your face eh?" An older viscet asked, as Hayato wandered up to his shop, asking for something like a mask. "Oh...I got just the thing." the older viscet nodded, wandering into the back of the shop.
Hayato sighed softly, watching his yellow wisps whip around him. They were there to remind him of the grave sin that he committed, and to warn other gods to stay away from him. At Least if he something to hide his face, he could still travel through shrines and temples.... the yellow wisps was just a warning to other gods, that he was no longer a god... it didn't tell him why he wasn't a god anymore. Hayato sighed yet again as the older viscet came out of the back, holding something with a ton of feathers and a cloak.
"Here you go, it will hide you from others.... not really sure why you want it... but it will be 3000 yen." the older viscet nodded, putting it down.
"Can I try it on first?" Hayato asked, picking up the mask. It was based of a bird, and he smiled. His name did mean "Falcon person" after all.
"Sure thing, go ahead." The older viscet nodded as Hayato put it the mask on himself. "Like it?" the older viscet asked.
Hayato nodded. "I'll take both the mask and the cloak." he replied, putting on the cloak next before handing the shop keeper his yen.
"Thank you, I'm sure you'll put them to good use." The older viscet nodded, watching Hayato walk out of the shop. He didn't know where the viscet was going, but wished the fellow viscet luck.
Last edited by PikachuTori25 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:08 am, edited 20 times in total.
─────── ───────
Riza Hawkeye Simp
Icon by lambcurl
Riza Hawkeye Sprite Source
└──────────────┘
PikachuTori25

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Catskitten » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:52 am

Username:
Name:

res hide his face from evil sprits

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sootclan - [Login to Sta.sh]Image - My Adopts
The Collectables - Potion Creatures Lab - Babusagi Image

ImageImageImageAvatar Credit
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Catskitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ∘Raven∘ » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:58 am

Username: PastaTea
Name: Junipher
Gender for breeding: Male
Many years ago, Junipher was like any other Viscet. However, that soon changed. His youngest sister was taken to the dungeons of a great king, and something inside the young Viscet awakened. Anger. Hatred. Strength. He vowed to save his sibling. Unfortunately, his family believed him to be insane, for he grew cruel in his emotional pain. They attempted to capture him but he managed to escape to the north where he wandered for years, growing cunning, cold but incredibly brilliant in his mind. He is able to analyze any situation for his advantage, regardless of any problems. Not only that, but he learned things. Magic. Dark magic of the most powerful kind. But always a lingering pain resided in his heart. He came about his iconic clothing by a battle with a roc. (if you don't know what that is, definitely google! They are super cool)
After a long and hard fought battle he won. The headpiece he now wears is the skull of the roc, the garments made from its skin. After that battle occurred, he began the long search for the dungeon that his sister was imprisoned in, far in the cold wastelands of the northern world. Does he manage to save his sister? Will he be reunited with his estranged family? Only time will tell.
Kindness costs you nothing.
∘Raven∘

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:59 am

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

╒═════════════════╕
    ▀▀
    ▀▀
    ▀▀
    ▀▀
    ╘═════════════════╛

╒════════════════════════╕
      -- Username:
        --- corrosive_limes
      -- Name:
        --- Ethon Sama'el Kawaranzar
        ---> Most know him only as Doctor or the Doctor
      -- Gender for Breeding:
        --- Male
      ╘════════════════════════╛
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
╒═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╕

-- Their clothes:
            word count ;; 800 / 800
          The frigid autumn sun beat down on the city as it rang with the sounds of bells and running paws. Shouts echoed off the walls and rooftops of buildings as a lone vulture lazily circled in the sky above, surveying the scene from its vantage above the palace. A Viscet was running down a narrow street, cloak snapping behind him. The Viscet was almost at the end of the street when a group of four palace guards burst out from around the corner, fully armored with swords drawn. The tallest guard's eyes immediately landed on the cloaked Viscet.
            "There he is!"
          The Viscet skidded to a stop and turned around to sprint back down to the other end of the street, but another group of guards was already there and quickly closing the distance. He spun again to see the first four bearing down on him, and he quickly backed away. The Viscet was trapped between two groups of fully armed palace guards, at which point he began to frantically look around for any means of evasion. That was when he saw the gap between two of the wooden houses. He immediately bolted for the alley, disappearing into the shadows. The guards closed ranks and advanced toward the entrance to the alley, knowing their quarry was cornered. They surrounded the entrance, already savoring their victory
            but the Viscet was gone.

-----------------------------------------------------========-----------------------------------------------------

Ethon appeared in a swirling mass of dark shadows. He spared a swift glance at the forest around him to be sure he was in the clear, before his mouth twisted into a grin and he let out a soft cackle at how narrowly he'd avoided capture. The canopy was thick enough to block out nearly all sunlight, leaving the forest dark except for the faint yellow glow coming from the vapor exhaled from Ethon's mask, and an ever so faint flicker of firelight accompanied by the faint whisper of voices coming through the trees not fifty paces from where Ethon stood.
            "Great, so they're home," Ethon thought to himself.
          As he started toward the light and voices, he felt a soft tickle in the back of his mind.
            "Be careful with them," a voice warned. "You remember how they were the last time you showed up at their door."
            "Yes, Ayah. I remember," Ethon responded, thinking back to the time his vulture companion was referencing. It had been the night just after his mentor had passed away...
          -----------------------------------------------------========-----------------------------------------------------

The elderly Viscet lay coughing on the bed, mask and cloak in a neat pile on a chair beside him. Ethon stood nervously at the bedside with a young Ayah perched on his right shoulder. The young Viscet's mind was caught up in a whirling mess of emotions; sadness and grief that his mentor was deathly ill, and anger and hopelessness that nothing he did could help him. No spell, potion, or treatment had worked, and Ethon had tried them all. He could feel the injustice of the situation welling up inside him even as the tears began to well in his eyes.
            "Ethon, you did all you could," the old Viscet murmured, and Ethon realized he must've seen the tears.
            "But clearly it wasn't good enough," he muttered, hearing his voice shake.
            "Yes, well, that's just the way life is sometimes. Not everything can be fixed with magic." His voice was soft, and Ethon looked up to see a gentle smile on his face. "Besides, we both know I'm older than most and that my time was already approaching."
          Ethon let out a gentle sigh and looked at the floor between his paws. His mentor began to cough once more, his whole body shaking. As the fit subsided, he spoke again.
            "Ethon, you're the best student I've ever had, and I've had many. I see promise in you, boundless untapped potential," he reached over and lifted the feathered mask off the chair where it sat.
              "And I can't think of anyone more befitting the title of master warlock than you."
          Ethon looked up at his old teacher once more. The elderly mage slowly placed the mask on his head, and Ethon could feel the feathers falling on his back.
            "The mask will make you immune to nearly all poisons and let you see and communicate with the dead, while the cloak will give you the gift of teleportation through shadows and protect you from all harm. I couldn't be more proud of you, Ethon." The Viscet let out one last shaky breath and fell limp, eyes closing for the final time.
          Ethon bowed his head and felt the tears begin to fall.

Ethon shook himself from his reverie. He marched over to the grungy wooden shack and threw the door wide.
            "Grab your gear, everyone.
╘═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╛

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

res with him being a wandering plague doctor/witch doctor with actual magic, a griffon vulture companion, necromancy powers, and the ability to speak to birds and summon spirit birds. probably tutors other young mages/witches/warlocks/wizards/magicians/whathaveyou in his spare time. might also be some sort of undead / messenger of the dead / grim reaper?

other notes -

-- mask gives him telepathy and the ability to change his voice, as well as the ability to breathe underwater
---- can hypnotize viscets/things with the mask + feathers [similar to the mesmer from the Artemis Fowl series]
---- makes him immune to nearly every poison -- ingested or inhaled. does nothing to help if it's injected directly
---- allows him to see and speak to spirits
-- the yellow mist can act as a shield and will shock anyone who isn't Ethon that touches it
---- mist is exhaled from the mask
---- mist also glows

-- can manipulate shadows and teleport in shadows while wearing the cloak
---- cloak is also fire proof and completely immune to any attack from standard knives, swords, and arrows, as well as most types of magic
---- carries potions, feathers, gems, magic powder, etc. etc. in the cloak as well
---- allows him to teleport into and out of the underworld??

-------- it is tradition to pass on the mask and cloak to the most powerful and promising magician the current wearer mentored -- a way of sort of "passing the torch"
-------- the cloak and mask are symbols of magical prowess among the magician community and are only worn by the strongest warlock

credits -- Prince Kyne belongs to me
Last edited by corrosive_limes on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 43 times in total.
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

P L A G U E

Postby Parasitic Rat » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:05 am

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Username
Wolfenhimer

Name
Pesuto

𝔄𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔢𝔢𝔡𝔰 𝔟𝔢𝔤𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔬 𝔤𝔯𝔬𝔴
𝓘𝔱'𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝑘𝔢 𝔞 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫 𝔣𝔲𝔩𝔩 𝔬𝔣 𝔰𝔫𝔬𝔴

𝔄𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔦𝔯𝔡 𝔞𝔴𝔞𝑦 𝔡𝔬𝔢𝔰 𝔣𝔩𝑦
𝓘𝔱'𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝑘𝔢 𝔞𝔫 𝔢𝔞𝔤𝔩𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝑘𝑦

Gender (Breeding)
Female

𝔄𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝑘𝑦 𝔟𝔢𝔤𝔦𝔫𝔰 𝔱𝔬 𝔯𝔬𝔞𝔯
𝓘𝔱'𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝑘𝔢 𝔞 𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔬𝔬𝔯

𝔄𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔫 𝑦𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔟𝔞𝔠𝑘 𝔟𝔢𝔤𝔦𝔫𝔰 𝔱𝔬 𝔰𝔪𝔞𝔯𝔱
𝓘𝔱'𝔰 𝔩𝔦𝑘𝔢 𝔞 𝔭𝔢𝔫𝑘𝔫𝔦𝔣𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝑦𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔥𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔱

Their Clothes
[Min 150 ;; Max 800]
Plague held her paw under her victim's chin, forcing her to look at her. His yellow eyes glowed brightly, as she sharply glared directly through her fearful ones. She smirked under her mask, tilting her head, the black and orange feathers falling to one side.
"Kataigída, that's your name?" She cooed, her voice deep and haunting, able to cast fear into the hearts of others.
"Y-yes..." She hesitated, unable to move as the female's eyes paralyzed her in one place, the only thing she was able to move was her eyes, ears, and her mouth.
"What are we going to do with her?" A gruff voice asked, as a giant bird landed right next to Kataigída's feet, which made her heart beat even faster than it was before.
"Well, Kondoru," Plague huffed, dropping Kataigída, who scrambled backward, pressing her back against the wall out of fear, "Let's leave her," she turned, raising a paw, signalling the bird to follow, "she's not worth my time. I have other clients to take care of." She said in a haunting voice, saying the word 'care' as if it was something that should've never been made. Kondoru made a purring noise, shaking his neck before spreading his wings and following after Plague, whose caped swayed behind her as she walked, the feathers swaying with it, and the yellow glow swirling around her like wind. The feathers around his head spread like frills before she vanished into thin air, along with her bird, Kondoru. Kataigída let out a hitched breath before standing up and running out of the old hospital building, promising to herself that she would never go back again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Her clothes give her power. Her cloak gives her the ability to teleport,her mask gives her the power to paralyze others when she looks into their eyes. The yellow glow can act as a tornado, spinning around so fast that it can spin every item around in the room. The feathers around her head is used as a shield, immune to any and all attacks, even fire, so any attacks toward her head won't injure her.

Her mask is also able to let her talk to Kondoru, a white griffon vulture, who is her companion. It also helps to keep her sanity. If she takes her mask off, she can end up going insane. She stays near a large, old, abandoned hospital building, where she resides, taking 'care' of her 'clients', who are just wandering adventurers looking for ghosts.

She was young when she got her clothes, though, when they didn't have the power they have now. Her parents who took her in gave it to her when they reached old age, before death. Since Plague was so close to them, she treasured the clothes, as they held a special place in her heart. Then she tried to use spells to make them magical when she got older, which didn't turn out as planned. It ended up backfiring, breaking most of Plague's sanity and memory in the process. All she remembers are the clothes that kept her safe, and the mask that kept her sanity. The yellow glow came up when the spell backfired, and it took her a while to figure out its full potential. She didn't return to the city she was raised in, but vanished into the forest, where she found an old abandoned hospital. In the front was a large, white griffon vulture that was chewing on the remains of an animal. That is when she figured out she could talk to him, and took him in as a companion. Ever since then, they stayed in the hospital, singing creepy nursery rhymes and scaring any trespassers, and also causing some others to become missing after visiting their home.

Last edited by Parasitic Rat on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Parasitic Rat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vluwu » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:18 am

Username:
    Name:
    Their clothes: (Minimum amount of 150 words; maximum of 800) mark? ;w;

▪ code by Vluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ▪

DATHAF

▸HELLO !MY NAME'S VLU,
My old username was blukitty53, and on other websites i may be shrickerdoosle,
My interest's include writing, drawing, culinary, and video & online games! I'm trying
animation and other creative arts slowly, but school keeps me busy! I love to create
and build characters by drawing and writing about them. Creating art for my characters
and friends always brings a smile to my face. have a wonderful day/night ♥
━━━━━━━━━ [ ✦ ✦ ] ━━━━━━━━
[ ▪ FEMALE ▪ INFP ▪ GEMINI ▪ ]
Vluwu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jolteon » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:26 am

MARK
pretty much inactive here now </3
my discord's rhylie#9299 if you need to contact me!
jolteon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me