Drawing sessions 1
51 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Curious

Kalon #1104 [Winner!]

Postby Curious » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:10 pm

edits:
    none

yoooo i got a new tablet and i can finally do my third kalon as ga! this baby is based off of butterfly wings!
    for this one, give them a bug friend! you can draw the bug with the kalon and/or write about how the two of them met! feel free to be as creative as you desire, give them a twist, etc. oh, and it does not have to be a butterfly. i don't have a preference as to whether or not it is.
    this will end on july 21 25! prettying up is encouraged!

Code: Select all
    Username:
    Name:
    Art: (1 piece limit)
Last edited by Curious on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
life is really stressful for me at the moment.
please be patient with me.
Curious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1104 [Open]

Postby notwearingsocks » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:23 pm

Username:
Name:
Art: (1 piece limit)

wip
notwearingsocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeanutButterRum » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:28 pm

Username: Butter Rum
Name: Iris Austin
Story: Wip
Art: Image
I am choosing a bumble bee/Africanized bee mix for their friend. The bee will be unable to inject venom due to a defect in it's genes causing it to not have a stinger. Africanized bees can live for a few years, thus me choosing it as a friend
Last edited by PeanutButterRum on Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
PeanutButterRum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ashton. » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:30 pm

mark
ashton.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Areater » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:34 pm

res w/ june bug maybe?
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
x
x
┌───────────┐

hecking moo.
⇢ she/her ⇠
⇢ atheist ⇠
⇢ queer ⇠

└───────────┘
x
x
┌─────┐

└─────┘
┌─────────┐

Imagex

└─────────┘
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:43 pm

res with a millipede maybe
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dolly » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:15 pm

mark,
────────────
da | they/them | th
────────────
dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shibeboi » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:30 pm

Artemis

Username: shibeboi
Name: Artemis
Story: Artemis is an Entomologist, meaning she studies insects. She is drawn to dangerous insects, some that pack a very painful sting.Though Artemis was frequently busy traveling to different countries to study the insect life there and it kept her mind occupied, she was lonely. Since she traveled a lot, she never had the time to make any permanent friends. One Kal suggested a pet that could travel with her. Artemis thought this was a great idea, but didn't know what pet to choose. Dogs are too big, cats are too hairy, birds are too noisy and hamsters bite. Over time, she got busy again and the thought of a pet slipped her mind.

While visiting Costa Rica to study their massive insect population, Artemis stumbled upon a huge ant mound. Crouching down and observing the mound, she soon realized it belonged to a colony of bullet ants, which have the most painful sting of any insect. Artemis watched for what felt like hours, watching how these ants work. Climbing in and out of their mound, searching around in the twigs and leaves nearby. She decided she wanted to bring one back to her little tent to study it. She knew it was unwise to venture into the mound for one, so she waited for one to come out of range. But night was falling, and the ants had settled in for the night. Frustrated, Artemis returned to her tent.

As she was preparing her pack for the next day (so it would be ready to go in the morning), Artemis felt something crawling on her back. She took a pair of insect tweezers and gently plucked the crawler off her back. When she saw brought it up to her face to look at it, she couldn't believe her eyes. A bullet ant had somehow crawled onto her without her noticing and had not bitten or stung her. She gently placed him into a small glass tank, went outside and got some grass twigs and sand, put in into the cage and put the lid on. She decided to name the little guy Bill* so she could stop calling him "the bullet ant". Satisfied with herself, she turned the light off and went to sleep.
*Bill is kind of a reference to Bullet Bill from Mario . I thought that it would be cute to call him that since he's a bullet ant.

When Artemis woke up, she saw little Bill roaming around in his tank. Then, her thoughts went back to the person who told her she needed a pet. Bill was perfect for that! He was quiet, he did bite but you don't really need to pick him up, he's small and he doesn't eat a lot! Her mind wandered, thinking of all the adventures they would have, all the places they would visit.

But then, Artemis looked into the tank and saw how lonely Bill looked without his ant buddies. Guilt overcame her as she mentally scolded herself for ever considering to take him away from his colony. She went over to the tank and said:
"Sorry little buddy, I should bring you back to your home."

Artemis picked up the tweezers and placed Bill inside of a little glass jar. She headed over to the ant mound and, with a heavy heart, placed Bill onto the ground. He seemed to look at her for a second before heading back home. Artemis stayed and watched as Bill was greeted by his ant buddies and got to work for his queen. Artemis' sadness seemed to clear up a bit. She thought that maybe Bill didn't bite her for a reason, or maybe when she let him go, he was saying goodbye. Artemis got up and walked away, feeling better that she didn't keep that little guy away from his friends. She knew that she would always remember little Bill.
Last edited by shibeboi on Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:53 am, edited 6 times in total.
shibeboi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cosmonaut » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:26 pm

Username: Cosmonaut
Name: Chouko (meaning "butterfly child")
Story:

The harsh hissing of the cicadas' song marked that summer was upon the land. This was Chouko's favourite time of the year-- not only did she have a break from school, but she was able to participate in the activity she loved the most: playing in the woods. The winter always blanketed the land in a thick layer of icy white cold; Chouko's nose wrinkled at the very idea of it. She hated snow. Her allergies made the spring forest unwelcoming to her. And in the autumn, typhoon season wrecked havoc upon the land, and with her fear of storms, there was no way she'd be caught dead outside during those months.

So, she grew to appreciate the song of the cicada. While most others despised it and called it an annoyance, the cicadas were what signaled to Chouko that she could play in the woods. And with her deep love for these noisy bugs, she would always be set on involving them somehow in her childhood games. She'd even collected the shed nymph skins and use them instead of toys in the summer-- to her, they were gifts from the cicadas that watched over her.

One day, while exploring the forest, one particular hissing from a tree stood out to her. It had a desperate, melancholy tone, as if he was so set on finding a mate but no one wanted him. Chouko knew it was her duty to accompany this cicada, as in her eyes, its kind had bestowed countless gifts upon her. She carefully approached the hissing bug, and when she'd gotten close enough, she cooed softly to it in attempt to calm him.

"Hey there, Mr. Cicada... It's okay. I'll be your friend so you don't have to be lonely!"

As if in response, the cicada's song silenced, still present but not quite as loud as it had once been before.

She continued talking to the insect, conversing for hours in a one-way conversation. Laughing at how she'd imagined he would respond, Choko was thoroughly entertained by her new friend.

The next day, Chouko recognised his song once again. This time, however, she felt he sung a little less desperately than he had the previous day, smiling at the thought. She visited him at his tree once again, talking to the cicada as though he were her best friend.

The next year, Chouko was sad to not hear his distant hissing from within the woods. Even going to his tree, she couldn't find a sign of his presence. She sadly went home, and asked her parents if her dear cicada friend was dead.

"Don't be silly, sweetie. When the summer is over, cicadas find a mate and go back underground for a few years. That's why you only hear them in the summer-- they sing to find their mates, and once they do, they can go underground again. He'll be back either next year or in a few years to find another mate."

She instantly cheered up with this thought; Mr. Cicada was having a happy life with another friend! He wasn't alone anymore! Chouko marked her calendar, excitedly counting off the days until the next summer when she could reunite with her buddy and keep him company until he found another mate.

[547/700]

Art:
Last edited by Cosmonaut on Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmonaut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ultimate writer. » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:52 pm

Username:

☆ ℐɇⓢⓢℯ ✮

Name:

Genesis

Nickname:

Rikana, (mostly known Rika) , Gene

Female

Story:

Rika was born in hilly areas during spring season, Her parents named her Genesis because she was just gonna begin her wonderful life, Her parents loved her very much, When she was 4 , She was very beautiful. Most people called her ''Flower of mother nature'' , Her friends called her Rikana(Rika) Because they felt its a great nickname, But she also used to get bullied for her beautiful looks cause they were jealous of her, But when she was 9, She was mature enough to defend herself, Her grandmother taught her many things before passing away, She was very sad after her grandmother past, But her parents told her to be brave or granny would be sad, So she moved on, More cheerful and energetic, She loved her life going here and there, playing with her friends , Hunting small animals as she was young, She loved her family and friends,....Until One day..When Rika was 19 , Her father passed away from unknown reason, Her mother and Rika both were very sad, After 6 months..Her mother also passed away....She was very depressed until she realized that ''Life is always like this...I should be brave! or mom and dad would be sad if they watch me depressed! I should move on! Where is the cheerful me? Life is full of challenges!'' So she moved on her life as she finally thought that its time to fight back my problems by myself. This is Genesis aka Rika, She is 23 now and has a den of her own. How brave and beautiful.....Just like flower of mother nature..

Art:

I do not do art sorry!
wip,,
ultimate writer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me