Kalon #1094 (Winner) by Hobbit Geek

Based on Click to view
Artist Hobbit Geek [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
34 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Kalon #1094 (Winner)

Postby Hobbit Geek » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:02 pm

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴋᴀʟᴏɴs? wrote:Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sapient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

Their shining tails are used for identification and showing off,
which is helpful when spotting another Kalon from afar. This
association with other Kalons is why they are head-over-heels
for any shiny or colorful item that they come across!

Gosh... I haven't made a kalon in a while ;.;
Little purple galaxy adopt for you all <33

This will be a limited impress me with no more than 1000 words and 6 art pieces.

chasing_stars wrote:M O L L Y !!!Image
    username: chasing_stars
    name: Molly - meaning bitter (female vocalist of Mother Mother)
    themes: Little Pistol - Mother Mother, Caves - Haux
    diary entries:
      one;;
      you could say that the meaning of my name truly does suit me. you could say that I'm bitter, you could say I'm pessimistic and defensive and you'll probably be right. No, not probably, you will be right, you would be right. I'm not perfect, nothing is.
      Well, the thing is, you'd be right if you said these things, but you don't.. No one does, not in this cave. It's lonely in this darkness, it's cold in these creeping shadows, but, then again, the darkness and the cold suits me, doesn't it? Well, this darkness and this coldness is much better than the outside world. The outside world is terrible. I hate how bad things occur all of the time and people act so casual about it, how they just turn their backs on reality and pretend everything is perfect. It's time to take off the rose-coloured glasses.
      So, that's why I'm here, I ran away from that and now I stay in my little cave, on a mountaintop as it overlooks the world and I stare down at all those ignorant people in disgust. My cave isn't disrupted by the terrible world. But, I think I might be scared of the world and the way it makes you feel afraid and how it gets in the way.

two;;
      Life in the wildness, life in this cave, is the always the same. The same routine, every single day. I've realized that in the many months that I've spent up here.
      It's safe to stay the same, to never change because change is scary, change is dangerous. That's what I tell myself each day, avoid change at all times. Though, each night when I sit at the mouth of my cave and stare out at the dark night sky the moon changes and all the stars still stay. All of the stars still stay by the moon's side and I did myself envious of the inconstant moon. She is always surrounded by light, despite her rapid changes and I stay here, shrouded by darkness in my cave atop the mountain.
      I feel infinitesimal when I stare up at all of those glittering stars. They get to be a part of something, what would happen if I tried to be a part of something? No, that wouldn't happen, I can never be a part of something larger with the world as it is!

three;;
      I saw someone by my cave today. He was up on the mountain, all alone. He arrived at sunset and then he just sat to watch the bright sun fade into twilight.. Then he was gone, just light the bright sun. Maybe I should talk to him.. But, I can't! I've been alone for too long, I don't know how to behave in the modern world. Which is for the best, the world is terrible, filled with dangers and lacking in hope and light.

four;;
      It's been a while. But, the Kalon came back and he watched the sky again, but he saw me. I was terrified and I tried to look scary and I think it worked, but he's curious, as I've learned, and he stayed there all night trying to coax me out and make me talk to him. He seemed to realize that I was more scared than angry.
      Well, we spoke and then, when he came back the next day, we spoke again and that kept happening. We have learned a lot about one another, after many nights talking. His name's Arezou and he knows my name, Molly. He likes twilight and he knows I like the stars.
      I didn't feel alone anymore, I was happy. That was, until he asked me to leave my cave and go down the mountain and I realized.. He's just like the rest of them! I can't trust them, not after everything I've witnessed in that terrible and cruel world. If I go down there I'll only become like them, they brainwash you, they ruin you, until you don't know who you are anymore. Arezou's kindness was only a trick to lure me down from the safety of my cave.
      I don't need Arezou.. No. I need brimstones in my garden and roses set on fire, that's what I want! He's gone now, we fought and I told him not to come back and he hasn't. But that's what I want..

five;;
      These past few weeks have been horrible. Arezou came back, trying, like the first time we met, to coax me from my cave. But, I can't leave, it's safe in here and I don't need him. Right..?

six;;
      All he does is sit outside of my cave. All I am is sad, miserable. Maybe... Just maybe I don't need these brimstones in my garden or I don't want to set roses on fire. I think I don't want to be alone anymore.

seven;;
      I'm leaving.
      simple as that.
      I'm writing it so it becomes real, even though I'm leaving my journal behind with the rest of my past life.
      I realized that roses set on fire are not best for me, that's not what I need. I need Arezou and the outside world. We've talked again, with me still hidden in the shadows so he doesn't see the pain and loneliness reflected in my eyes, and he told me that the world isn't perfect, but there's good in it. He is part of that good. Seclusion isn't for me, not anymore..
      Adventure is what I need. But, I won't forget what I've learned. I'm releasing myself from my cage, but I will not be blinded by the light, I will also see the darkness, I just won't let it control me. I can exist without being taken control of, I can be strong.
      Finally, I'm not scared, I can be part of something bigger and I've found what I truly want.

(1000/1000 words)
Last edited by Hobbit Geek on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hobbit Geek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1094

Postby ♡Chocolate♡ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Mark
♡Chocolate♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dolly » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:12 pm

mark
────────────
da | they/them | th
────────────
dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sun struck » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:16 pm

Purple is my life<33
Mark:)
sun struck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Individuality » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:28 pm

Ooo space child
Mark
-
I an big gay
(currently judging for my Kalons.
Please be patient as I have a lot to go through)
-
Individuality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitvale » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:33 pm

P U R P L E
fruitvale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jiㅤ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:08 pm

Username: winded
Name: cadette

WIP WIP GALAXY AESTHETIC
quit!!! contact me on discord (ji#6238)
jiㅤ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Anza » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:42 pm

congrats to the winner <3
    this is a gorgeous babe
Last edited by Anza on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
costal cowgirl / law student / CS member since 2012
01/2022 UPDATE ---> I've chosen to leave the character community however,
I am keeping my closed species adopts as they mean quite a lot to me
I'm here now mostly for events
✮ ✮ ✮
Anza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kirkwood gaps » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:52 pm

dropping out!! Had a lot of ideas for this guy but he doesn't really connect anymore,, sorry! <3

u s e r n a m e kirkwood gaps
n a m e morgan
g e n d e r transmale

ideas and notes:
  • x
  • sailor -- travels by using the stars
  • The male name is a descendant of Old Welsh Morcant, possibly derived from mor (meaning "sea") and cant (meaning "circle"), with the meaning "sea chief" or "sea defender".
  • x
  • likes scented candles
  • The manufacture of candles became an industrialized mass market in the mid 19th century. In 1834, Joseph Morgan, a pewterer from Manchester, England, patented a machine that revolutionised candle making.
  • x
  • sails to different countries; adventurous?
  • no link to any of my kalons atm- but DOES live in present day
  • lives near Manchester perhaps? Or Lancaster; Blackpool; Preston; somewhere near there???
wiP AS HECC
Last edited by kirkwood gaps on Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
kirkwood gaps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raiden shogun » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:45 pm

res
    lesbian ♡ plant fan