Teke #444 - Dappled Gray by myk

Based on Click to view
Artist myk [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Teke #444 - Dappled Gray

Postby myk » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:20 am

Dia. wrote:Welcome to the teke apocalypse! Ideally, there will be a large number of Phaethon's Tekes available for adoption at one time. However, because of lack of planning and some unexpected road blocks, it may end up being a little less organized.
This does not change that there will be a mass adoption event like right now :D

Do something creative, art, poem, story, something; anything!
Ends: September 5th

teresa8oats wrote:Owner: teresa8oats
Name: Pyrois
Height: 14.2 hh
History: Pyrois was from a very well planned breeding. Both his father and mother had beautiful teke confirmation and coloring, and everyone was exited for their foal. About a week before he was born, his mother broke out of the stable and went missing for a few days. When she came back she had pulled a tendon on her front leg and had various wounds. When she had Pyrois she had no interest in him and abandoned him. The owners contacted all the local barns to see if anyone had a mare that would adopt Pyrois, but no one did. A couple days passed of bottle feeding and hours of care and attention when a phone call came that an arabian mare had lost her foal at birth. Everyone crossed their fingers as they drove to the arabian breeders stable. The mare immediately took to tiny Pyrois, and was so happy to be mothering a foal like she was suppose to. He grew fast and spent his time in the pastures playing with the other arabian foals. The year passed and it was eventually time to wean him and bring him back to the tekes resort ranch. Pyrois was no sweetheart in his weanling years. He was a nightmare dressed like a daydream quoting Taylor Swift. He made trouble everywhere he went, kicking down or trying to eat anything in reach. He was very noisy, kicking stall doors and constantly whinnying causing the other horses to get riled up. He would rear, bolt, and pull if you where leading him, and it came to a point where everyone was avoiding him at all costs. By the time Pyrois was three, he was sent off to travel with a man who did clinics for natural horsemanship. This gave Pyrois a chance to learn manners, but also gave people a chance to see the phaethon's teke breed. He learned quickly, and by the time the clinic was over, Pyrois was a different horse. When he was sent back to the teke resort everyone was awestruck by his obedient and patient attitude, and treated him like a king. He was taught to be ridden in dressage, and went to several teke confirmation shows, commonly placing high if not first. Pyrois has competed, been ridden, and even been a lesson horse for people on some occasions for the last 4 years. He was recently put up for stud, and though he will probably still compete in the future, he will be let to run around the hundreds of acres of land at the teke resort, and will hopefully start a herd of mares and have beautiful offspring!

Dappled Grey - EE aa Gg
Medium (Faulty Gray) Champagne Dip
Last edited by myk on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ᴍʏ ᴡᴍᴇs
ᴍʏ ᴛᴇᴋᴇs
ᴍʏ ᴡsᴅs
ᴍʏ ᴡᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ
ᴍʏ ᴅᴇᴠɪᴀɴᴛᴀʀᴛ
ɪᴄᴏɴ ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛ
ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴍʏᴋ
sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴs
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ᴍʏᴋᴛᴀʀᴅ
myk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Teke #444 - Dappled Gray

Postby Arkinhallow » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:19 pm

marking xD I'm actually marking so many gosh
x
x

I'm Arkin! ♪ they/them ♪ Adult
3D & 2D artist ♪ AEST ♪ Ravenclaw
All sig/profile art is by me!

useful links:
species I run:
Arkinhallow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby teresa8oats » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:31 am

Owner: teresa8oats

Extra:
          Semi-chibi fullbody art on its way!

History:
          Pyrois was from a very well planned breeding. Both his father and mother had beautiful teke confirmation and coloring, and everyone was exited for their foal. About a week before he was born, his mother broke out of the stable and went missing for a few days. When she came back she had pulled a tendon on her front leg and had various wounds. When she had Pyrois she had no interest in him and abandoned him. The owners contacted all the local barns to see if anyone had a mare that would adopt Pyrois, but no one did. A couple days passed of bottle feeding and hours of care and attention when a phone call came that an arabian mare had lost her foal at birth. Everyone crossed their fingers as they drove to the arabian breeders stable. The mare immediately took to tiny Pyrois, and was so happy to be mothering a foal like she was suppose to. He grew fast and spent his time in the pastures playing with the other arabian foals.
          The year passed and it was eventually time to wean him and bring him back to the tekes resort ranch. Pyrois was no sweetheart in his weanling years. He was a nightmare dressed like a daydream quoting Taylor Swift. He made trouble everywhere he went, kicking down or trying to eat anything in reach. He was very noisy, kicking stall doors and constantly whinnying causing the other horses to get riled up. He would rear, bolt, and pull if you where leading him, and it came to a point where everyone was avoiding him at all costs.
          By the time Pyrois was three, he was sent off to travel with a man who did clinics for natural horsemanship. This gave Pyrois a chance to learn manners, but also gave people a chance to see the phaethon's teke breed. He learned quickly, and by the time the clinic was over, Pyrois was a different horse. When he was sent back to the teke resort everyone was awestruck by his obedient and patient attitude, and treated him like a king. He was taught to be ridden in dressage, and went to several teke confirmation shows, commonly placing high if not first.
          Pyrois has competed, been ridden, and even been a lesson horse for people on some occasions for the last 4 years. He was recently put up for stud, and though he will probably still compete in the future, he will be let to run around the hundreds of acres of land at the teke resort, and will hopefully start a herd of mares and have beautiful offspring!

Last edited by teresa8oats on Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
teresa8oats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shenan_the_cat » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:26 am

Owner: Shenan_the_cat
Name: Death of a Bachelor // Lucius

Extra: Please ignore how terrible this is xD

The paddock was empty, the chill of the winter morning having kept most of the Tekes in their stall for the day, but one had dared to venture out into the cold, snow crunching under his hooves, leaving a trail of half-moons behind him as he picked his way through the paddock. He wasn't bothered by the cold, not nearly as much as the other Tekes, and was watching in mild fasination as his breathes became little clouds above hs nostrils, disspiating after a moment only to reappear with the next exhale. A repetitive little thing, like the now familar sounds of his hooves, and he was calmed by it, any previous fear towards the expanse of white having faded. Covered in white the paddock was more beautiful than ever, a white blanket that stretched as far as the Teke could see in all directions, the picket fence lost completely to the snow, just as the trough and tree stumps had been. Only the single oak tree remained standing tall in the centre of the once green feild, its branches bare but still reaching towards the sky, layered with snow but not weighed down by it and standing in the great tree's shadow, Lucius felt like the king of the paddock. And until spring, he would be.
Homosexual • Image • Atheist
Writer • Photographer • Main character site
Shenan_the_cat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myk » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:41 am

postponing him until later this week, probably on the weekend! 12/13th!!
ᴍʏ ᴡᴍᴇs
ᴍʏ ᴛᴇᴋᴇs
ᴍʏ ᴡsᴅs
ᴍʏ ᴡᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ
ᴍʏ ᴅᴇᴠɪᴀɴᴛᴀʀᴛ
ɪᴄᴏɴ ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛ
ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴍʏᴋ
sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴs
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ᴍʏᴋᴛᴀʀᴅ
myk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby myk » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:15 am

teresa8oats wrote:

Owner: teresa8oats

Extra:
          Semi-chibi fullbody art on its way!

History:
          Pyrois was from a very well planned breeding. Both his father and mother had beautiful teke confirmation and coloring, and everyone was exited for their foal. About a week before he was born, his mother broke out of the stable and went missing for a few days. When she came back she had pulled a tendon on her front leg and had various wounds. When she had Pyrois she had no interest in him and abandoned him. The owners contacted all the local barns to see if anyone had a mare that would adopt Pyrois, but no one did. A couple days passed of bottle feeding and hours of care and attention when a phone call came that an arabian mare had lost her foal at birth. Everyone crossed their fingers as they drove to the arabian breeders stable. The mare immediately took to tiny Pyrois, and was so happy to be mothering a foal like she was suppose to. He grew fast and spent his time in the pastures playing with the other arabian foals.
          The year passed and it was eventually time to wean him and bring him back to the tekes resort ranch. Pyrois was no sweetheart in his weanling years. He was a nightmare dressed like a daydream quoting Taylor Swift. He made trouble everywhere he went, kicking down or trying to eat anything in reach. He was very noisy, kicking stall doors and constantly whinnying causing the other horses to get riled up. He would rear, bolt, and pull if you where leading him, and it came to a point where everyone was avoiding him at all costs.
          By the time Pyrois was three, he was sent off to travel with a man who did clinics for natural horsemanship. This gave Pyrois a chance to learn manners, but also gave people a chance to see the phaethon's teke breed. He learned quickly, and by the time the clinic was over, Pyrois was a different horse. When he was sent back to the teke resort everyone was awestruck by his obedient and patient attitude, and treated him like a king. He was taught to be ridden in dressage, and went to several teke confirmation shows, commonly placing high if not first.
          Pyrois has competed, been ridden, and even been a lesson horse for people on some occasions for the last 4 years. He was recently put up for stud, and though he will probably still compete in the future, he will be let to run around the hundreds of acres of land at the teke resort, and will hopefully start a herd of mares and have beautiful offspring!

Congrats!
ᴍʏ ᴡᴍᴇs
ᴍʏ ᴛᴇᴋᴇs
ᴍʏ ᴡsᴅs
ᴍʏ ᴡᴍᴇ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ
ᴍʏ ᴅᴇᴠɪᴀɴᴛᴀʀᴛ
ɪᴄᴏɴ ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛ
ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴍʏᴋ
sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴs
ᴘʀᴇᴠɪᴏᴜsʟʏ ᴍʏᴋᴛᴀʀᴅ
myk

My pets