Nursery Batch #705 - Forth of July Orphan (Over) by PolarAzulTigris

Based on Click to view
Artist PolarAzulTigris [gallery]
Time spent 6 hours, 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
80 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Nursery Batch #705 - Forth of July Orphan (Over)

Postby PolarAzulTigris » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:18 am

Forth of July Orphan; I thought it'd be fun to celebrate a little with the holiday just passed. Happy forth of July. She happens to have a few stars of her own. ;3 I hope you all enjoy her contest.

Make sure that you fill out this basic form. The order in which it is placed does not matter but it must have these.

Code: Select all
Username:
Orphan's Name:
Adoptive Parent(s) Name (and Username(s) of those who own them):
Personality of Orphan:
Story of Orphan:
Interview with parent(s):

Things I want to see:
-Commitment to your form and winning this bean.
-Story that tells emotion of the Orphan.
-Story must include some aspect of forth of July.
-I'd love to see single parents and mated couples trying out for this bean.
-Stories to be on point to the character and try not to be long winded. (2-10 paragraphs on average.)

Rules:
-You can either write or draw the Orphans story.
-A single parent may try out as well as mated Dragons.
-You can't include both story in drawn and written format. It has to be one or the other.
-Any additional pieces of art may not be in comic form or animation.
**Comic can have animated parts within it; or be submitted as a video with moving pages.
**Comic/Animation must include key points of story line showing the Orphans personality.
-Small gifs, or animated dividers are fine but they must be under 100x100; exception for the divider.
-Art is unlimited but must be to decorate your form. Your story should be the prime objective here.
-You must be committed to winning as well as keeping this bean. You can not directly gift this bean away.
-You may have two extras; only one may be story based the other is up to your digression.
-You must have at least 1 slot open to apply for this bean.
** In other words you can not simply enter this contest to give away the bean; you must directly want this bean yourself and enter for it.

I will add more rules if needed.
Feel free to ask me questions on the thread, pms, or even my deviantart. ;3
Good luck and have fun!

End Date is August 10th!

Questions and Answers:
Is there an art limit?
No there is not. But remember Quality over quantity

are you allowed to add extras?
You are allowed Two extras Max. (I did forget to include this.)

can we work on forms on a site rather than CS?
Working on a site besides CS is okay; though I prefer it to be on the form.

any word limits?
There is no word limit at this time but please try to keep your story on track and not long winded.
(Roughly 2-10 paragraphs.)

are other stories allowed?
Only if its for your extra (Please keep these short and to the point.)

-can they be either gender?
You may choose this bean to be Male. (If you wish) I just saw it as female.

-and is the animation/comic referring to the story?
Yes, that is your main piece in this contest; either a story piece or a comic/animation piece. It must include the plot/story points.

Hey I had someone PM me saying they could not be transgender/transsexual?
There is nothing preventing this bean from being either. It simply means they do not identify being the gender they were born with.

I was just wondering if the orphan could be raised by a single mother but have a family friend help raise them in position for a father?
Yes, Single parents are welcome as long as they're committed to the child. ;3

How much art can I make?
Art as an Extra is unlimited; I'm looking for Quality over quantity. If your drawing out a Comic you should should make them as a JBD not humanoid (Quad or Anthro is fine.) If you'd like to draw them as humanoid you should make that as an extra. :3

Can we add the adoptive families personalities?

Their personalities should be through the story telling and interview though if you want detailed ones you can include them as an extra. Little decorations like head cutouts of the adoptive family would be okay.

I did art as an extra; can I put them in a video?
No; video should only be used as the drawn aspect of contest as animation. The only exception to this is if you use music as an extra which you can include video as a song or playlist as long as it doesn't contain any bean art. Music Video's of your bean would count as the drawn part of the contest.
Last edited by PolarAzulTigris on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:15 am, edited 27 times in total.
Not on CS that much these days butyou can find me on Deviantart and Discord.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Deviantart|Furaffinity
Ancient Whelkon Adoptables
PolarAzulTigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nursery Batch #705 - Forth of July Orphan

Postby shrimpdog » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:34 am

Mark
shrimpdog

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Nursery Batch #705 - Forth of July Orphan(You may post n

Postby Missing✖ » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:38 am

//Dropping out , don't have chance at winning//

..Good luck everyone ..
Last edited by Missing✖ on Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

xxxxxx━━━━━┓

MissingX /She-her/
Asexual/Unknown/

Dragon cave

┗━━━━━xxxxxx
ImageImage
Missing✖

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bsktcase » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:41 am

reserving uvu
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
❝ And I lost you
The one I was dancin' with
In New York, no shoes
Looked up at the sky
and it was maroon
- Taylor Swift

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Toyhouse bsktcase ✦ Discord bsktcase#0423
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Moon Light Kennels
Lunar Blossom Kennels
The Nexus Colony
The Pumet Region
The Veiled Jade
Umberfall
Tribe of the Bogland
Logclan

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
the name is bskt
my pronouns are she/her
i'm pansexual and demiromantic
full time sterile processing technician

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
bsktcase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby henley » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:42 am

just got a new puppy in the house! no time for chickensmoothie~!
Last edited by henley on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
haitus until September 20th

not well, so sorry.
henley

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby groenii » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:43 am

ress
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MoorClan
ImageImage
Art pieces by Ayinai, Fayfia, JB-Pawstep
groenii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

a few too many steps off of the edge of the world

Postby corvidous » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:48 am

-----------------------------------【 ❝ what about the FORM? ❞ 】-------------------------------------

-----------------------------------【 ❝ click the image above ❞ 】-------------------------------------
Last edited by corvidous on Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:31 am, edited 52 times in total.
corvidous

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby merry! » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:55 am

Mark. Helping out a friend. <3
if you were looking for a sign, this is it.
this is your closure.
merry!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hypnowave » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:57 am

username: aviate
    orphan's name: adair - meaning fortunate and powerful, a name he often hates for how ironic it has been for the past few years.
    orphan's gender: transboy, uses he/him pronouns
    orphan's age: probably around ten-thirteen
    adoptive parents names: aubrey chesire hightopp owned by d-dave. and tuesday owned by Jinx. adair refers to brey as 'mommy' and tuesday as 'mama'
    personality of orphan: sensitive, can be loud and fun-loving, childish in general until someone mentions something that can send him into a more unhappy state. he's somewhat upbeat when happy, but can plunge into sadness at the slightest notice. maybe bipolar?
    story of orphan: maybe his parents died on the fourth of july or something? involving a fireworks accident, like an exploding fireworks shop that took the lives of his biological parents, how an adult bean (ishimaru and elias? or bacardi) took him in for the night before taking him to the authorities, and that's how he ended up at the orphanage. that's also how he found out the date his biological parents died, leaving him unhappy every fourth of july till he met his parents brey and tuesday.
    interview with parents: going to write off some questions and send them to dave and jinx.

gonna try and collect arts
    story will be writing
    probably gonna use another story for the extra or two
    using a couple friends' beans and writing about how he feels regarding the fouth of july - it was also the date he was abandoned years ago by his parents, so he has mixed feelings for the date.

theme song is... uhh idk really
    alone together by fob maybe

his story starts when he's holding a firework to the setting sun, write here and there about him and his surroundings, mayb hes full after eating a hotdog or two, food crumbs in his shirt, eventually hears the explosion
    being young he cant comprehend everything but he eventually gets picked up by ishi and spends the traumatizing night w/ him and elias
    he wakes up with a headache and ishi tells him to take a shower and wash his face and adair is taken to the authorities
    ishi and elias say they can't keep him so he's taken to the orphanage while feeling some bitter resentment mixed with grief
    describe his first day at the orphanage
    fast forward to when he gets adopted
    detail on his first day w/ brey and tuesday

art criteria/ideas
    art with both parents and two pieces, one with each parent
    holding a miniature american flag, smiling/crying
    crying when first orphaned
Last edited by hypnowave on Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
hypnowave

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

★ Happy Birthday America! ★

Postby dr pepper. » Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:00 am

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

ref
Username: dr pepper.
I am the owner of two beans, Leviathan and Java.
I would love to add this bean to my little family. ^.^

Orphan's Name: Liberty
Orphan's Gender: female
Adoptive Parents:
Nora, owned by Claws
Pike, owned by rubykittu
Sibling:
Cherwell, owned by Claws
★ Personality

| Mute |

Liberty is mute. Ever since she got abandoned form her previous mother, she has chosen not to talk to anyone ever again. She expresses her emotions with strong facial signals. She does not do sign language, or write out what she means, so it's a huge guessing game to figure out what she wants. Though she tries her best to make it easy for you to guess. She has been afraid to talk to any other beans, and she has huge trust issues, so she never wants to talk to anyone. Being abandoned by her parents took a huge toll on her life, and she chooses not to be pressured into talking. It didn't take long for her to become mute, as she knows that it benefits her in some way. Liberty hold in her thoughts easily, and keeps many things to herself.

| Gentle |

Liberty is a quiet and gentle soul. She believes that she can treat others with respect, as long as she is not in any sort of competition. Liberty is mostly gentle to things that are smaller than she is, though she will be gentle around bigger animals that she doesn't want to hurt. The feeling of hurting something that she doesn't want to hurt makes her feel terrible, and she will always be the nice type. She is also very quiet, and chooses not to make much noise when she is out and about. Liberty is also very respectful of objects around her, and is always way to cautious when trying not to break them.

| Shy |

Liberty is quite shy when meeting other people, especially if they look threatening in some way. Fortunately though, that never seems to be the case. Since she has trust issues, she doesn't seem to enjoy meeting other people as much as the next guy, but she does suck it up anyway. Liberty also hates to much attention. Sometimes, attention is good for her, but to much is a horrible nightmare for her. So many dances staring at her at once is torture. As introverted as she is, she is quite nice, and even though she doesn't talk, she tries her best to communicate, especially if she finds something scary or a situation uncomfortable.

| Calm |

Even though Liberty can panic from either to much attention, or just seeing something scary, she is rather calm I'm most situations. When she is not trying to communicate, she has a calm expression on her face, to show that nothing is wrong. Her calm nature helps her meditate when she needs to. She is always happiest in the calmest and most quiet environments. If you gave her a choice, she would always choose the quietest place that you have to offer for her. Because of her introverted nature, she has a strong liking to being alone, and being in a quiet spot by herself. That is whatever she feels the most calm, unlike other places, she heart can be beating a 100 miles per minute.

| Emotional |

Ever since she was left by her parents, Liberty has been quite emotional about it. She has felt sad and lost ever since, even though she is happy and calm most of the time. The memory of being left makes her very depressed, and she may not come out of her shell for hours, thinking about what she didn't wrong to be abandoned on her favorite day of the year. Sometimes, when in public, she will break out wailing, terribly upset about that day. Liberty never seems to get sad about anything else expect that.

★ Story of Orphan:

I heard the soft booms and crackles of other people setting off fireworks in their own yards. My fur stood on end every time I heard this sound, but what really got me excited, is the huge firework show that me and my family were going to, to celebrate the Fourth of July, and represent our country. Snack stands, sparkler stands, picnic tables and blankets, feasts, it was all just amazing, This has always been my favorite holiday of all time, and I was just to excited to stay seated in our tiny car. "Liberty," I heard my mother's sweet voice in the front. "please sit down, and put your seatbelt on." I just huffed in response to this, but I did as I was told, and sat down, with my tail resting across my claws. I peaked out he window and from the corner of my eye, I saw other people setting of illegal fireworks. It didn't bother me that they were illegal, since they were just to pretty for me to care.

Fireworks were my most favorite thing in the world. Something about them just made me love them. Was it how bright they were? How big they were? The colors? I just wasn't sure. My parents call me their little Firework, which I love. I looked out he window and stood up on my seat again with excitement. In the shirt distance there was the giant park where the city had their huge firework show. My most favorite show of the year that our great city had to offer. There were already tons of other people there on their picnic blankets with their sparklers in hand. "Liberty." I heard my mother say again. I put my head down and sat down in my seat again, but my legs were shaking with excitement.

I felt the car come to a stop and the clicks of seat belts unbuckling. I unbuckled my seat belt and threw open the door. I ran out of the car and over to the tree that me and my parents always sat at for the show. This tree brought back so many memories of me having the best time here. I hugged the tree and turned to where my parents were. They were still in the car, as if they were getting something. "We'll be right there Liberty!" I heard my father call. I nodded then turned around to face the direction where the fireworks were going to be set off. I could tell that it was about time for the show to start, and I was right. Huge fireworks were set off in the sky with a bang. The beautiful colors lit up the sky. I kept hugging the tree as I watched the show with awe, not noticing that my parents were not there next to me.

I stared at the smoke covered sky as I watched the fireworks with great pleasure. I felt a big smile on my face as I watched the magical lights dance across the sky. I listened to the cheers of the crowd whenever a firework exploded in the sky. The memory of my first Fourth of July came flooding back to me, and I cheered along with the crowd. The the finale came, and a wave of fireworks and lights filled the dark sky, brightening it up. Red, white, blue. The colors kept coming and coming. My stomach jumped with every boom that sounded all around the city.

Then there was silence. The show was over, and everyone was packing up and getting ready to leave. I turned around and saw that there was a empty parking spot where my parents' car was supposed to be. It was gone. Confused, I started to walk around the park, and it was almost empty. I looked for my parents, noticing that it was very late. I didn't see them anywhere in the crowd. I ran back up to the empty parking space, and I saw a note. I picked up the note and this is what it read: "Dear Liberty. I hope you enjoy the firework show, and I hope that you will find a better family. We are very sorry that we can not look after you any longer, since our family is going through some terrible money issues. There should be a loving family in the crowd that would be happy to adopt you. Please don't think that we wanted to do this. Love, Mom and Dad."

My heart dropped. My parents... Left me here? They knew how shy I was, and that I can never talk to strangers. I felt myself starting to choke up, then tears ran down my face. I couldn't believe they would just leave me here without anyone else. I thought they loved me? I thought they wanted to keep me? But I guess that I was horribly wrong. I sat down on the ground and buried my claws in my face, and started to wail. Almost everyone had fine home for the night, and I was stuck at this park, alone and hungry, wanting my parents to come back.

"Hey," I heard a soft voice behind me. I turned around to see a female bean standing above me. Behind her was two male beans, one bigger than the other. They all had soft, comforting eyes. "Are you lost, little one?" The female bean asked me, softly. I lifted up the tear covered note that was left by my parents, and gave it to the bean. All three of them looked at the note. The female covered her mouth. "Oh my gosh!" She exclaimed. "They just left you here, by yourself?" I nodded, then continued to let the tears steam down my face.

The bean turned around to look at the other two. She whispered in the bigger one's ear, then the smaller one. "I've always wanted a sister." The smaller one said. The bigger one nodded, then the female one turned to me.

"My name's Nora." She said to me. "That is my husband, Pike, and my son, Cherwell." I looked at both of the beans as they waved to me. "And what's your name?" Pike asked me. He had a nice voice to him, though it was quite booming. I pointed to the top of the note that said "Liberty". The all looked at the name then nodded. "What a cool name!" Cherwell said, with a big smile on his face.

"Well, Liberty," Nora said. "How would you like to be adopted by us?" She asked me. I thought about this for a moment. I actually liked this family. I still felt myself crying, but I nodded slightly. Nora's face beamed with happiness, then she picked me up and out me in her pouch. For some reason, I just let her do this. I didn't fuss, since I trusted her. We walked over to their car. Nora gave me to Cherwell, then he strapped me in with the seat belt. Then he got in from the other side and sat next to me. He turned to me and looked at me with wide eyes. "Don't worry, you'll love it in our house!" He told me. I let out a weak smile, then nodded.

★ Interview with parents:

How would you raise her?
Nora:
"Well I would try to raise her not to be to girly. Me being a tomboy, I hate girly things, and really, who even likes them? She is of course pretty so it wouldn't be a surprise if she was girly, but I would at least try to tell her that getting dirty isn't a bad thing. Really though, I would let her be anything she wants to be, so if that includes being a girly girl, then I say go for it."

Pike:
"I feel that I would raise her to be a nice young bean. I don't want her to grow up feeling afraid of everything that she sees, so I would try to break her from her shyness. Of course I would never try to make her talk, but I would try to break her from her trust issues that she seems to have. I would let her become anything she really wants to become, and grow her up knowing that I care for her dearly."

What future do you have planned for her?
Nora:
"If I had to choose, I would say that she would become an artist of some sort. It doesn't matter what really. Wha I mean by artist is like a choreographer, a painter, photographer, or anything else like that. Fine arts is really what this family loves, especially the art of theatre and broadway."

Pike:
"I don't actually have a future planned for her, as I want her to choose what she wants to be. The reason for this is because I feel that it would be quite demanding of me to tell her what she is going to be when she grows into an adult. I would never make her do something that she didn't want to do."

How do you think you will get along?
Nora:
"Ever since I met her, I thought that we got along fine. I know that she is mute, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest. She doesn't have to talk to anyone if she doesn't want to. As she grows up, I plan on keeping a somewhat good relationship with her, since I don't want to loose connection."

Pike:
"I think we would get along just fine. I'm not to worried about our future, since I know that Liberty trusts me. When I first saw her I secretly hoped that she would become a part in our family. I also always wanted a daughter to have a relationship with. I don't think we would have any trouble getting along at all."

If she does something wrong, how will you discipline her?
Nora:
"If she did something wrong, I would scold her, but it really depends on what she did wrong. Like if she got a question on her homework wrong I wouldn't scold her for that, but if she did something bad, I wouldn't be disappointed. I would ground her at least, or make her do a chore, but nothing serious."

Pike:
"I would let Nora handle it. Honestly I'm not to good with enforcing rules and disciplining children. I can be mean sometimes, and I don't want to hurt the little bean's feelings, so is just leave it up to Nora to decide. She does know more about females than me after all."

If she does something right, how will you praise her?
Nora:
"If she did something right, like getting a A+ on her test! or help out someone else! I would buy her something! or maybe let her choose what she wants for dinner that night."

Pike:
"I would tell her that she did a wonderful thing, then find a way for us to have quality time together. I think that she would like that greatly.

Overall, how would you treat this baby with respect?
Nora:
"Letting her be whatever she wants to be, and letting her do whatever she wants. I would try my best to be understanding of what she wants, and it would never try to let her down."

Pike:
"Letting her know that I am always here if she ever needs me. I want her to know what she can always come to me if anything is wrong with anything."

★ Interview with Chewell:
(this is my first extra)

Do you think you will get along with Liberty?
Cherwell:
"To be honest, I think that we will be the best of friends! I knew that we would get along when I first saw her. I also think Liberty would love to hang out with me!"

What if you two disagree on something/get In a fight?
Cherwell:
"If we disagree on something I think that would be the worst ever! I would hate to get in some sort of conflict with Liberty, since we get along so well already. I guess that I would try to work out the problem with Liberty, and try to get along again.

How will you help raise her?
Cherwell:
"I would try to be a role model for Liberty, and try to set an example. I have never been a big brother before, and I think that I would be great at it!"

★ Art:
(this is my second extra)
by me
by me
by me
by me
by me

Last edited by dr pepper. on Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:23 am, edited 50 times in total.
dr pepper.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me