21 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Sixbane

Makoatl #282 - Winner!

Postby emberheart. » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:57 pm

What is a Makoatl?
A Makoatl is a terrestrial shark-dragon hybrid recently discovered
off the coast of the Greenland sea. They have the powerful tail
and jaws of a shark, with the body and (occasional) horns of a dragon.
They usually have manes, and are covered in thick coats of fur-
adapted to keeping out the cold in their native habitat.
They live on a diet of mainly meat and fish, and are known to be vicious
hunters! Despite this attitude toward their prey, however, they
are very protective and mothering to their offspring,
as well as to each other the majority of the time.
[/b]

Prince Virus wrote:
Using the Carter-Kole as the second mako in the form.

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

✽ Username ✽

Prince Virus

✽ Mako's Name ✽

Sumia

✽ Mako's Gender ✽

Genderfluid, female at birth

✽ Why they did it ✽

Sumia has always loved the forest and all of it's beautiful secrets. She had wandered away from her parents at a very young age and has never seen them since, not as if she cared to return anyways. She was discovered covered in tree branches, by a young Makoatl named Carter-Kole, not much older than her. He brought her back to his 'secret fort' and gave her the name, Sumia. When she grew a bit older she fell in love with the small garden surrounding the fort, especially the lush bed of Wild Iris that grew at the very edges of the greenery. As Sumia and Carter's love for their secret garden grew, they grew to Eventually, creatures started to wander into the area threatening both the flowers and the young Makos. Eyeing the growth in the trees above, Sumia wrapped herself in the branches and did the same around the surrounding trees. Appearing to be a moving tree, the creatures that once haunted the nearby area receded back into the forest depths. The older Mako, Carter-Kole, happily complemented her idea and she felt proud to have defended the place she loves. Sumia decided that she'll be the one to protect Carter's garden and Karter will tend to her favorite flowers and string them around her branches.

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

[b]Whelp, I'm officially a Makoatl artist! quq! I hope you'll see a lot of me ahh <3 I'm so honored to be a part of the staff you have no idea ;o;

Anyway, a simpler bab for you. They're kinda weird, seeing as they placed (fake) vines around them. (Items, not a part of them or anything!) Can you explain why they did it?

Code: Select all
Username;
Mako name;
Mako gender;
Why they did it;

Please feel free to pretty! This ends in a week~ One extra, if its art then no limit. Pm me with any questions ouo
Last edited by emberheart. on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
hello there, im ember!

I'm not active here at all anymore but I get pm alerts to my email! Don’t be afraid to message me if needed. As of Nov. 2023

Find me on:
instagram
deviantART
emberheart.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby heir » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:27 pm

Reserve c:

Blend in with red oak woods - Friends playing hide and seek

;

─────────────────────

〈 amor, amor de mis amores 〉

🌎

hey i'm finn & i think you're pretty cool

;
heir

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Makoatl #282

Postby Pyromaniacal » Sat Apr 11, 2015 5:48 pm

Username; Sno Leopard
Mako name; Grey may seem like an ironic name, but he's named after the tea and not for his colors.
Mako gender; Male
Why they did it; Grey used to be very sick, and he heard of the legend that folding a thousand paper cranes would heal him. He began folding them but had no place to keep them so he had a close friend find the beautiful branches and help him weave them around his body as a place to keep his cranes. He recovered after folding about two hundred cranes, and while he only occasionally ties origami cranes to his branches he still often wears them because of his memories as he can be quite nostalgic.

Last edited by Pyromaniacal on Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/ANY ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    FIXATIONS: Dinosaurs - Sonicxxx
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frost★ » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:36 pm

Mark
Frost★

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aortic » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:26 pm

Using the Carter-Kole as the second mako in the form.

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰

✽ Username ✽

Prince Virus

✽ Mako's Name ✽

Sumia

✽ Mako's Gender ✽

Genderfluid, female at birth

✽ Why they did it ✽

Sumia has always loved the forest and all of it's beautiful secrets. She had wandered away from her parents at a very young age and has never seen them since, not as if she cared to return anyways. She was discovered covered in tree branches, by a young Makoatl named Carter-Kole, not much older than her. He brought her back to his 'secret fort' and gave her the name, Sumia. When she grew a bit older she fell in love with the small garden surrounding the fort, especially the lush bed of Wild Iris that grew at the very edges of the greenery. As Sumia and Carter's love for their secret garden grew, they grew to Eventually, creatures started to wander into the area threatening both the flowers and the young Makos. Eyeing the growth in the trees above, Sumia wrapped herself in the branches and did the same around the surrounding trees. Appearing to be a moving tree, the creatures that once haunted the nearby area receded back into the forest depths. The older Mako, Carter-Kole, happily complemented her idea and she felt proud to have defended the place she loves. Sumia decided that she'll be the one to protect Carter's garden and Karter will tend to her favorite flowers and string them around her branches.

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
Last edited by aortic on Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    pine • he/its
    not here anymore
aortic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epimetheus » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:35 pm

droppin
Last edited by epimetheus on Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
epimetheus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skittlesky12 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:47 pm

╔═══════════════════════════╗

xx
xx
xx
xx
Imagexxx
xx
xx
xx
xxxxImagexxxx

╚═══════════════════════════╝

Username ;;
Skittlesky12

Name ;;
Leto

Meaning of name ;;
Greek name meaning "the hidden one." In mythology, this is the name of the mother of Apollo and Artemis.

Gender ;;
Female

Why they did it ;;
This girl loves to hide in the trees. She loves to watch from the branches. She wrapped the fake vines around herself so she would blend in more. Knowing she is smaller than most she makes with what she has and hides. We believe she is a owl at heart.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

She/They
Shy ⋆ Quiet ⋆ Friendly
English ⋆ Pansexual

Toyhouse ⋆ . ⋆ FA©

✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
Skittlesky12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the kid called eden > mako 282

Postby koegami » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:56 am

this boy is reminding me of the odd life of timothy green - god i'm gonna pour my soul into this one
If the art is an extra and I went over, don't count it.
The writing is my extra
    Username; Raegami
    Mako name; Eden Leevay
    Mako gender; Male

Why they did it;
      eden uses the leaves on the vines as reminders of what deeds he has done to inspire others. weather through something life changing. he takes each leaf and leaves it at the site of his previous deed almost as clues. in reality, he has no home, or parents to take care of him. he was self taught. he would like to have a family that would love him and take care of him forever. that's what he wishes. but he knows it could be short lived. he doesn't know how to survive other than in the woods, so being with an acutal mako family could be life changing. these leaves also serve as a reminder of his dreams of having a family and the other dreams he has and wishes to come true.

my extra - about eden - in depth
      he is a generally calm makoatl. he isn't a bad child. he just has a hard time controlling most of his feelings and sometimes finds it ok to release those bottled up feelings. occasionally not at the smartest times. he can be a quiet person, not saying much, and really using his body as his voice. and if people don't get the hint, he'll talk in a way that people won't understand. or disappear too. he is incredibly generous. he has a passion for helping those in need and giving a little "push" to those that are under him in the class system, helping them get back on their feet. even if what ever he did was small and might not mean anything to anyone. Eden is defiantly caring, and he is thoughtful. always around, and being kind to everyone. it's just the nice thing to do. most dont think so but eden is extremely smart. because he's smart, he has an extensive memory and a good photographic memory. and this helps with remembering animals and past things he has done. even stuff that he still has planned. he is resourceful. using the earth's resources for good things and to benefit everyone. not just to benefit himself. he uses nature and a few modern things too. but always respects everything. even nature itself. because we wouldn't be here if it wasn't for nature. he can at times be really temperamental. his temper flares mainly when people abuse something he believes in. like killing an animal for the fun of it. or just for the thrill. his temper flares at that.

Eden loves to climb, sleep, and build. why? because he mainly has to do these things on a regular basis. sleeping is almost regular. but when he doesn't have to. he's either climbing to see something, or building something for an animal friend. He loves to Craft things. from widdling the wood to make some totem, to actually hacking away at something to make something usable. he has a thing for fishing and scavenging. King dislikes the rain. from past experiences. although it is good for cloaking his scent, he still doesn't like it. he hates water in general. he will take baths and such, he just doesn't like too. He hates falling. he had gotten some cuts and stuff that his hair now hides, when he fell off the cliff trying to follow his hawk friend Falcor up to his home when he was little. he likes climbing, just not the falling part. He hates some bugs, like the camel spiders and the big beetles. but he doesn't mind some others. He doesn't like seeing dead animals, although it's coming in his field. but he hates the talk of death in the first place. it just sets him off. he hates to loose stuff. really, he does. when he looses something he gets so mad and goes on one of his rampages where he flips out and most of the animals know to stay away. except for Faulder and Nuka who go anyways and help him find whatever he lost. he calms eventually thought.

his dream is to open up a wildlife refuge. to save all his animal friends from poaching and to keep them safe. he does have an animal hospital behind his cabin but he wants to open one on top of a hill, overlooking his forest so he can keep an eye on his friends and home. eden, only still being a relative child has alot of experience in nature. he would never harm it, only use it. he very rarely uses modern tools to help his friends. in reality, he's just a jungle boy.
Last edited by koegami on Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
koegami

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Makoatl #282 - Valley

Postby Miavinn » Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:57 am

Username; filly
    Mako name; Valley
    Mako gender; Female
    Why they did it; Valley adores nature. She believes that all of it is beautiful in one way or another. It's her philosophy. Valley loved how the vines looked and ever so gently placed them around her body. She thinks it's very non-coincidental how her nose color matches the vines green; that she is the Nature to Mako "ambassador."
Miavinn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

they say she's i n s a n e

Postby obiole » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:06 am

username
i am all time carmen✌, owner of three makos currently.
mako gender
Clara is a female, though, since she has multiple personalities
disorder, one of her three 'persons' is a male.

mako name
due to her MPD, this mako has multiple names; one for every
personality; her born personality is Cadence. her main personality
is called Clara. and the other personality, which is a male entity,
is addressed Cameron.

why the vines?
Clara is a bit.. well, 'insane', as some people might address it as.
but she has MPD, and possibly some others, too. when Clara was
younger than she already is, her father didn't accept her and
thought of her as a demon, and blamed Clara's mother for it all.
and one day Clara's mother didn't come home, and that really
messed up Clara and all of her person's. Clara's home was made
from a tree with vines all around. and she finds comfort in that,
so she wraps herself with vines, changing them whenever needed,
and that calms her down (though she's still crazy most of the times).
obiole

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me