Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

OBAKEFOLK ◆ Grand Opening & Discord Server! by Pyromaniacal

Based on Click to view
Artist Pyromaniacal [gallery]
Time spent 4 hours, 31 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
48 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

OBAKEFOLK ◆ Grand Opening & Discord Server!

Postby Pyromaniacal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:07 pm

Main ThreadAdopt HubArchive ◆ Fanclub ◆ Discord Server
    ShopRegistration HubRewards HubArchive Update Thread

Current CC goal: 50 ◆ Reward: Prompt Hub

◆ What are obakefolk?
      Obakefolk (/ˈo.ba.ke.foʊk/, singular obake) are small elemental guardian spirits. An obake's appearance can vary wildly depending on their personality, aesthetic, and element, but all obakefolk are bipedal and have an animal skull for a head. Most are around 60-90cm (2-3 feet) tall, but obakefolk have been observed as short as 45cm and as tall as 110cm. Traits such as horns, ears, and tails are also common among obakefolk, and many wear some type of coat, cape, or scarf. Traditional folklore supposes that obakefolk can commune with the dead, but this doesn’t seem to be a real ability, and is rather an assumption made due to their skeletal appearance.

Each obake is affiliated to one of several elements, and carries an object accordingly. These objects are enchanted to contain the core essence of the obake, so it is important that an obake keeps their object safe. Currently, the elements of earth (terrariums), fire (lanterns), and water (canteens) are known, but it is likely that other elements exist. Obake are capable of small feats of magic related to their element so long as they are near their object.

◆ How does Obakefolk work?
      Obakefolk is an open species with ARPG elements, meaning anyone can make obakefolk and earn rewards for using them within the community. You can create your own obakefolk or adopt one someone else created at the Adopt Hub. After obtaining an obake, you will need to register them at the Registration Hub for them to counted as official and be used to earn rewards.

Once your obake has been registered, you can create art and writing of your obake to earn O$ and community credits at the Rewards Hub. O$ (“Obake dollars”) are the species currency, and can be used to buy items at the Shop, including restricted traits and other special perks. Community credits, or CC, are pooled across the community and count toward wider community milestones. Reaching a CC goal will unlock community-wide benefits, which can include new items, traits, features, and even elemental types. O$ and CC can also be earned through other community activity, including creating adopts and participating in Discord giveaways.

Ready to join? Make sure to read through the rules and mark this thread, then head over to the Adopt Hub to get your first obake!

◆ ----------------------------------------- ◆

◆ ----------------------------------------- ◆
Last edited by Pyromaniacal on Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:25 am, edited 13 times in total.
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

OBAKEFOLK ◆ Rules

Postby Pyromaniacal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:07 pm

RULES

By participating in Obakefolk, you agree to adhere to the following rules. Repeated or serious failure to follow the rules may result in a permanent ban and the removal of owned obakefolk from the species.

◆ General Rules
    1. CS rules apply in all Obakefolk-related spaces, including the Discord server.
    2. Obakefolk are based on Chicken Smoothie, so you must have a CS account to participate.
    3. Harassment and discrimination will not be tolerated. Respect is a crucial cornerstone of the community.
    4. All obakefolk must be registered before they are considered part of the species and can be used to participate in the ARPG. You can register your obakefolk at the Registration Hub.
    5. All artworks created for the ARPG to earn O$ or CC must be CS-appropriate.
    6. At this time, obakefolk may not be co-owned.

◆ Trading Rules
    1. You must follow the original designer’s ownership transfer guidelines when trading/selling obakefolk. (Do not sell an obake for CS pets if the original designer forbade it, for instance.) You can find an obake’s ownership transfer guidelines on their registration page.
    2. Items may be traded for obakefolk, characters, or other items, but cannot be sold for any type of currency.
    3. Obakefolk and obakefolk items may never be sold for real-world currency such as USD.
    4. O$ and CC cannot transfer ownership.
    5. Ownership transfers must be recorded on the Archive Update Thread before they are considered official.

◆ Design Rules
    1. All designs created for Obakefolk must be CS-appropriate.
    2. All registered obakefolk must have a reference that clearly shows their design and indicates their elemental type.
    3. You may not use restricted traits on your designs without the appropriate item. Items can be acquired at the Shop.
    4. You may never use illegal traits on your designs.
    5. The designs of registered obakefolk cannot be significantly modified without the use of an item. Small design adjustments, such as minor marking modifications or slight color shifts, can be made with staff approval without an item.
    6. All obakefolk must be original designs. Design theft will not be tolerated. At this time, there is no method to “transfer” pre-existing designs into Obakefolk.
    7. Obakefolk may not be direct copies of copyrighted designs. Loose inspiration is okay; contact a staff member if you are unsure.
    8. Because of their nature as spirits, obakefolk don’t have a way to “breed” in any official capacity. However, feel free to create “breeding” or fusion type designs yourself if you see fit, provided you have both owners’ permission.
Last edited by Pyromaniacal on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

OBAKEFOLK ◆ Elemental Types

Postby Pyromaniacal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:08 pm

ELEMENTAL TYPES

All obakefolk have an elemental type that determines their magic type, what object they carry, and some aspects of their appearance. Currently, three elemental types are known, but it is likely other elemental types exist. The 3 elemental types are earth, fire, and water.

◆ Earth ◆
      Earth-type obakefolk are connected to the element of earth, encompassing plants, soil, and stone. They are attracted to places that have these features, especially forests and mountains. They are capable of small feats of magic related to their element.

Earth-type obakefolk will always carry a terrarium. Terrariums are glass containers filled with dirt, plants, and/or rocks. An earth obake's terrarium can have any appearance as long as it fits these requirements.

Earth-type obakefolk are said to be steadfast, calm, and persistent, and are associated with natural colors. However, these are merely stereotypes, and your obake may have whatever personality and appearance you deem fit.
    ◆ Fire ◆
      Fire-type obakefolk are connected to the element of fire, encompassing flame, heat, and light. They are attracted to places that have these features, especially deserts and volcanos. They are capable of small feats of magic related to their element.

Fire-type obakefolk will always carry a lantern. Lanterns are objects designed to emit light to help one see. A fire obake's lantern can have any appearance as long as it fits these requirements.

Fire-type obakefolk are said to be reckless, charismatic, and confident, and are associated with warm colors. However, these are merely stereotypes, and your obake may have whatever personality and appearance you deem fit.
    ◆ Water ◆
      Water-type obakefolk are connected to the element of water, encompassing water and ice. They are attracted to places that have these features, especially tundra and bodies of water. They are capable of small feats of magic related to their element.

Water-type obakefolk will always carry a canteen. Canteens are containers designed to hold and dispense drinking water. A water obake's canteen can have any appearance as long as it fits these requirements.

Water-type obakefolk are said to be easy-going, adaptable, and creative, and are associated with cool colors. However, these are merely stereotypes, and your obake may have whatever personality and appearance you deem fit.

Last edited by Pyromaniacal on Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:26 am, edited 6 times in total.
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

OBAKEFOLK ◆ Traits

Postby Pyromaniacal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:08 pm

TRAITS

Traits can be separated into categories of free rein traits, which are freely available to be used for obakefolk, and restricted traits, which have restrictions on when they can be used. “Restricted” is a catch-all term for any traits that are limited, mythic, unavailable, retired, or illegal.

*If a trait is not listed, assume it is free rein.

Free Rein
    Free rein traits can be freely used on obakefolk without the use of items.
      General:
      These traits can be freely used on any obakefolk regardless of elemental type.
        1 elemental type (earth, water, or fire) & corresponding object
        2 legs
        0-8 arms
        Animalian limbs
        Multiple types of limbs
        Any number of tails (see elemental traits for types)
        Animal skull
        0-3 horns
        2 eyes
        Jawbone or lackthereof
        Any number of animalian ears
        Clothing/outfits
        Scars
      Elemental:
      These traits can only be freely used on obakefolk of the corresponding elemental type.
        Earth: Reptilian tails
        Fire: Mammalian tails
        Water: Aquatic tails

Limited
    Limited traits can only be added to an obake through the use of a Limited Elixir, available at the Shop.
      General:
      These traits can be used on any obakefolk regardless of elemental type.
        9+ arms
        4+ horns
        Cyclops (1 eye)
        3+ eyes
        Very large horns (larger than skull size)
        Creatures living in/around object
        Free rein elemental traits from other elements
      Elemental:
      These traits can only be used on obakefolk of the corresponding elemental type.
        Earth: Body parts or clothing made of soil/stone/plants, insect antennae
        Fire: Body parts or clothing made of flame/light, halos
        Water: Body parts or clothing made of water/ice, large fins

Mythic
    Mythic traits are very special, and can only be added to an obake through the use of a Mythic Elixir, available at the Shop.
      General:
      These traits can be used on any obakefolk regardless of elemental type.
        Multiple objects
        Multiple elemental types
        Powers unrelated to elemental affiliation
        3+ legs
        Limited elemental traits from other elements
        Multiple forms/shapeshifting abillity

Unavailable
    These traits are not currently available, but may become available in the future.
      Wings
      Robotic/”cyborg” limbs
      Body parts or clothing made of inorganic materials not listed under limited

Retired
    These traits were previously available, but will not be available again.
      There are currently no retired traits.

◆ Illegal
    These traits may never be used in obakefolk designs.
      Human skull
      Human limbs
      Human ears
      No object
      No elemental type
      Multiple heads

Last edited by Pyromaniacal on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

OBAKEFOLK ◆ Staff

Postby Pyromaniacal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:09 pm

Last edited by Pyromaniacal on Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

OBAKEFOLK ◆ Frequently Asked Questions

Postby Pyromaniacal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:10 pm

FAQ

◆ Is there a limit to how many obakefolk I can own?
      No, there is no limit! However, you can currently only register up to 4 new obakefolk per month.
    ◆ Can I trade/sell/gift my obakefolk?
      The only species-wide restriction on ownership transfers is that obakefolk cannot be sold for USD or other real-world currency. However, many designers have more specific restrictions on what their designs can be exchanged for. These restrictions should be available under pre-registration information on your obake’s registration page.
    ◆ Can I buy Obakefolk items or O$ with online currency? Do Obakefolk staff profit from selling Obakefolk items or O$?
      No. Currently the only way to obtain items is to buy them with O$ at the Shop, and O$ must be earned via community activity.
    ◆ I want to take my obakefolk out of the species. How should I go about this?
      Ensure that your obakefolk can be taken off-species (this information should be available on their registration pages) and contact Pyromaniacal.
    ◆ How do I find a specific obake in the archive?
      The archive is sorted by obake ID number and can be searched using control+F (PC) or command+F (Mac). An obake’s ID number can be found on their registration page.
    ◆ How do I know what traits my obake has?
      Any restricted traits an obake has will be listed in the archive. If your obake has no traits listed in the archive, all their traits can be assumed to be free rein.

Last edited by Pyromaniacal on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

OBAKEFOLK ◆ Banned Users

Postby Pyromaniacal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:11 pm

BANNED USERS

Obakefolk reserves the right to temporarily or permanently ban users for repeated rulebreaking or serious transgressions (art/design theft, serious harassment, selling of obakefolk for USD, etc.).

Banned users are not be allowed to create new Obakefolk designs, obtain new obakefolk/items/O$/CC, post on official Obakefolk-related threads, or join the Obakefolk Discord server for the duration of the ban. In the case of permanent bans, all registered Obakefolk belonging to the permanently banned user will also be forcibly de-registered and removed from the species upon the issue of the ban.

Obakefolk will never take away banned users’ characters, only revoke their status as part of the species.

Currently there are no banned users.

Strikes may be issued for minor transgressions and are recorded privately. Strikes are cleared 6 months after being issued assuming the transgression is not repeated.

Last edited by Pyromaniacal on Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

OBAKEFOLK ◆ Reserved

Postby Pyromaniacal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:21 pm

Reserved
Last edited by Pyromaniacal on Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: OBAKEFOLK ♦ under construction

Postby allinian » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:10 pm

mark o:
-