Luminova #2- WINNER CHOSEN by Dova

Based on Click to view
Artist Dova [gallery]
Time spent 54 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Luminova #2- WINNER CHOSEN

Postby Dova » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:34 am

To win this luminova, please fill out the form below!

Please don't add more than 1 extra. This will end July 15. Good luck!

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Favorite constellation and why:[/b]
[b]Extra:[/b]
Last edited by Dova on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am no longer active here. If you would like to reach me, please contact me on my deviantART account: Tokkay

Currently sending out holiday gifts since I am inactive here. Please do not gift me back if you receive one! If you would like to thank me, I ask that you pay it forward and do something nice for another person instead <:
Dova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Luminova #2

Postby spideypuhl » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:17 am

Name: Cancer. I know you aren't asking why for names but I thought I'd tell you why (if you'd like me to remove this I will). I chose to name this Lumie Cancer because she was made in the Cancer month, I did NOT name her Cancer because of the disease. But anyways, I chose the name Cancer also because Cancer is an astrological sign for the month of July. I know her design is based around astronomy and not around astrology but I still found this a bit fitting. Astrology and Astronomy are kind of based around the same thing (stars and planets) but Astrology is just the belief that the positioning of stars and planets affect everyday life. But, anyways, I named her Cancer because she was created in the month of July and this month has the sign of Cancer.
Favorite constellation and why: I like a lot of constellations but my favorite would have to Cancer. Now, I don't say this because her name is Cancer and I'm just going along with her name. I say this because I was born in the cancer month (July). I also like it because I love crabs and it's translation is Crab. I also like it because it has a neat story.
The Crab, Cancer, played a minor role in the Twelve Labors of Hercules. The Goddess Hera -- who disliked Hercules -- sent the Crab to distract Hercules, who at the time was fighting the multi-headed monster, Hydra. The Crab - Cancer - ended up grabbing onto Hercules's toe with its claws but it didn't break the rhythm (at all) of Hercules's battle with Hydra. The hero, Hercules, ended up crushing the Crab with his foot. Though Hera was grateful for the Crab's heroic yet rather pathetic effort to distract Hercules. So, to award the Crab's death, she gave Cancer a place in the sky.

Extra: I may get a piece of art of this Lumie and I'll add it here if I do. Also, I love her/him!
spideypuhl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fahloan » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:02 pm

Name:
Talon / Male

Favorite constellation and why:
Little Dipper - When Talon was younger his mother would always tell him stories about the constellations before bed. Whether they were made up or not, he never knew. Overall though, he really enjoyed them and after a while he began to tell the story with his mom of the Little Dipper. It was his favorite and asked to be told it the most, so he knew it by heart. What's the story? I will let Talon tell you.
"Hello, I'm Talon and this is the story of the Little Dipper. When I was younger, my mother would always tell it to me. Now I am able to tell it to you. Once upon a time, the constellation, the Big Dipper, was alone. All the other stars had friends, but the Dipper was special, he was a pot. A simple pot and all the other constellations made fun of him for it. He would always wish upon him that he would get a friend, a sibling, someone else to take the pain away. One day his wish was granted, stars came together to make the Little Dipper. It is still a mystery who heard him and how he suddenly appeared, but the Big Dipper didn't ask questions. He was just happy to have a friend and someone to share his time with."

This is a nice story , yes , but why was it Talon's favorite? As when he was a young boy , he was shy and had troubles making friends. Until one day, he had no one. He was an only child and also incredibly forever alone. One day a boy came up to him and asked him to be friends. This boy stuck with Talon , no matter how scared he got or how paranoid he was. He became his best friend and they are still best friends today, just like the Big and Little Dipper. Who is this boy who was so kind to Talon? Well it is my First Star , [url=http://kitkatbuddy329.wix.com/charrie-hq#!aoife/c1hjb[Aoife[/url].

Extra:
It is not quite done yet , I still have to color it and add the tail strings , but here is a WIP shot of the cutie ;;
This of course will be done be tomorrow vuv
Fahloan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PFDC » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:04 am

Name:
Orion
Favorite constellation and why:
Orion, of course, loves the constellation he is
named after. The warrior glitters above him
every night during the winter months,
reminding him of the strength his parents
wanted to instill into him with that name.
He often wonders if one day he will live
up to his name, but until then, he will stare
up at the constellation and imagine himself
the strong, brave warrior Orion was.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Story of Orion
The ancient Greeks saw the figure of the
Greek myth Orion in the nighttime sky.
There are several different stories about
the birth of Orion. According to one version
of the myth, Orion was the son of a poor
shepherd called Hyrieus. Once, Zeus, Hermes,
and Poseidon stopped by Hyrieus'house.
Hyrieus was so generous with his guests that
he killed the only animal he had-an ox.

Hyrieus was not aware that his guests were
gods. The gods wanted to reward Hyrieus'
generosity by granting him a wish. Hyrieus'
biggest desire was to have a child. The gods
told him to bury the hide of the bull he had
sacrificed to them and to pee on it. After nine
months, a boy was born in that place.
The child became a very handsome and strong man.

He was such a good hunter that he was hired by
the king Oenopion to kill the ferocious beasts that
were terrifying the habitants of the island Chios.
Happy for his success, Orion said he would kill all
the wild animals on the earth. But. the earth goddess
Gaia, who was the mother of all animals, was not pleased
with Orion's intention.

Then, Gaia set an enormous scorpion on Orion. Orion soon
realized that his strength and sword were useless against that
mighty beast. He tried to escape, but the scorpion stung him to
death. As a reward, Gaia placed the scorpion in the sky as a
constellation which appears to be constantly chasing after
Orion whose figure was also placed among the stars.

ImageImageImageImageImage

star icon from here
Leaving CS
PFDC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dova » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:21 am

Sorry for late judging, wanted to give a little extra time for you guys to finish up your forms ;w;

The winner is PFDC! c: Enjoy your new Lumi!
I am no longer active here. If you would like to reach me, please contact me on my deviantART account: Tokkay

Currently sending out holiday gifts since I am inactive here. Please do not gift me back if you receive one! If you would like to thank me, I ask that you pay it forward and do something nice for another person instead <:
Dova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me