Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Luminova Adopts ✭ UPDATES, pg 4 by Dova

Artist Dova [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 32 minutes
Drawing sessions 9
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Dova

by yeena

by Dova

by PFDC

by PFDC

by yeena

by Dova

by Dova

Luminova Adopts ✭ UPDATES, pg 4

Postby Dova » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:38 am

Image welcome Image

deviantART group
Our deviantART extension is where you can find flatsales and auctions to purchase a Luminova. You can also order customs and get updates on all the latest group information! (currently under construction)

Hello there! Welcome to the Luminova Adoption Center! Here you can try out for a luminova of your very own. Please just make sure to read all of the rules below first!

Luminovas are a closed species- please don't create your own!

Image archive Image

Image events Image

none right now! :c
Last edited by Dova on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:59 am, edited 19 times in total.
Dova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Information

Postby Dova » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:38 am

Image what is a luminova? Image

A luminova is a species that is a cross between a lupine and a cervidae- a wolf and a deer. While they have generally wolf-like bodies, they have the nimble hind legs of a deer, with cloven hooves instead of paws. Both male and female luminovas have antlers. They have lupine heads, necks, and forelegs. Their tails, while varying in appearance, are most commonly long and wolf-like.

Image what's with the symbols? Image

Luminovas earn their name from the glowing symbol(s) or marking(s) on their bodies. Each symbol or marking is unique to the individual, and can be found on any part of the body. The symbols emit a bio-luminescent glow, which is how the luminovas got their name- lumi for the luminescence, nova for the resemblance to stars in the sky.

Image how do they glow? Image

Luminovas are omnivorous, meaning they consume both plants and meat. Their diet depends on their location; luminovas can be found worldwide, and will eat what is available to them. The sign of a healthy luminova is the glow of their symbol/marking: their bodies convert proteins, acids, and other matter from their food into chemical luminescence, generating the light from their bodies. The process is similar to the way fireflies and deep sea creatures create light.

Image rarities Image

uncommon
short tail, no tail
folded ears

rare
curled tail
different colored eyes
hair on head

very rare
elongated fangs
mane/tail tuft/extra fur

super rare
reptilian tail
wings
extra antlers/horns
Last edited by Dova on Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:26 am, edited 7 times in total.
Dova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby Dova » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:39 am

Image staff Image

owner

Dova

archivist
may create one custom luminova for themselves

cougie;

artists
may create two custom luminovas for themselves

Ferncat
the awkward one.
PFDC
xPerceiveTheTruthx

moderators
may create one custom luminova for themselves

CR7
hollow.spirit

guest artists

may create three luminovas and one custom for themselves

TheNightsIllusion
Last edited by Dova on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:52 am, edited 20 times in total.
Dova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby Dova » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:39 am

Image thread rules Image
- do not be rude to others
- do not ask for free luminovas
- do not advertise anything not related to luminovas
- do not post spam
- do not post complaints; if you have any, I ask that you refer them to me in private messaging

- you may post livestream links if your work relates to luminovas
- you may advertise luminova-related content (such as commissions, free artwork, etc.)
- you may post any suggestions/questions you might have

Image character rules Image
- you may not resell any luminovas you obtain here; if you no longer want it, you may return it to me
- you may not change the luminovas you obtain unless asking permission from me first
- you may not own more than three luminovas

- you may add/remove accessories
- you may trade your luminova, but only for another luminova
- you may use your luminova character for whatever purpose you wish
- you may gift your luminova to another user

Image artist rules Image
- you may add accessories, but do not edit the body shape of the character (this rule will change soon)
- you may not use more colors than the palette makes available
- you are not to make any customs (this is only allowed through the dA extension)
- you may only make up to two custom characters for yourself (no super rare additions)

Image moderator rules Image
- you should follow a three-strike policy; on the third strike, said person will be banned from luminova activities
- please be unbiased and serious when dealing out strikes or giving warnings
- don't be afraid to contact me if necessary
- you may create only one custom luminova for yourself (no super rare additions)
Last edited by Dova on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:48 am, edited 10 times in total.
Dova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Other

Postby Dova » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:40 am

Image affiliates Image

The Waelak Sanctuary
Novok Adopts
Deer of Ele

banned users
Note: bans can be temporary or permanent. Whenever you receive a ban, you are no longer allowed to partake in any luminova-related activity. I reserve the right to take away any luminovas you own and re-adopt them out. I will revoke your privilege of using luminovas in any way- this means you are not allowed to use any in any artwork you might make and you may not post on any luminova threads.

None- hurray!
Last edited by Dova on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
Dova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Luminova Adopts ✭ open, accepting applications

Postby TheNightsIllusion » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:47 am

Name:
TheNightsIllusion

Why I want to be an artist:
I adore the species/concept and would love the chance to be able to help it out and try to get it around CS.

Previous examples of designs I have made:
Most of my examples are on DA

I have read and familiarized myself with all of the rules.
Yes. c:
R.I.P. Jade -21/06/15- R.I.P. Rascal -19/12/16-
ImageImage

More or less quitting this site. Please do not send me trades or messages.

TheNightsIllusion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferncat » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:56 am

These are awesome! I hope to adopt some soon. Great work, Dova ^^

Name: Ferncat
Why I want to be an artist: Well, these are adorable! I don't usually go for Artist spots on CS, as I don't like Chibipaint as much, but these are pretty cool, so I thought I'd try for a spot!
Previous examples of designs I have made: XXX XXX XXX
I have read and familiarized myself with all of the rules. Yes! Read and understood.
ferncat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PFDC » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Reserve for my artist app my iPad won't let me post links rn for some reason
Leaving CS
PFDC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotleyPlaysArk » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:54 pm

Mark!
I play Ark: Survival Evolved religiously. If you are a fellow survivor and play on Steam, feel free to join me on my Steam servers: My Server Discord
MotleyPlaysArk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spideypuhl » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:45 pm

Name: cougie; (I go by Pandora, Panda, Casanova, Cougie and Coug)
Why I think I would be a good moderator: Well, I'm an unbiased and approachable person so if someone has a problem they'll be able to approach me without fearing I'll rip their head off. Although I have minimal experience moderating, I do know how to handle situations as I'm the older sibling of two boys. So, due to growing up around a bipolar brother, I know how to handle things without resorting to rudeness/violence/whatever you'd like to call it. Anyways, I know I have minimal experience but I think I'd be a good moderator because of my unbiased, approachable/kind demeanor so I do hope you consider choosing me despite my minimal experience.
If someone posted "This is stupid, I never win any luminovas! Why do I ever bother trying?" I would post:
Hey, I'm sure your forms are great but when entering a contest there are other users thus it creates a bit of competition. Some of the artists look for a certain thing when picking the winner of the luminova they drew. The best advice I can give you to winning a luminova is just look at what each artist looks for in a form and try again. Example: Some artists prefer long, detailed forms so, try posting a long, detailed form. Others may look for short and a bit detailed forms so try posting a short and a bit detailed form. But, when entering something like this you do need to realize that there'll be some competition so you must realize that the chances of you (or anyone else) winning are slim. Anyways, I hope you do eventually win a luminova as they're a gorgeous species.
(I would warn them the first time they do it and if they continued doing/saying this, the second time I will issue a strike, and, again warn them as not to do it again)

If someone posted "Hey guys, come check out this cool contest I'm having on deviantArt!" I would post:
Hello, I'm sure your contest is great and has awesome prizes. However, this is not the place to share the contest unless it is luminova related. As stated in the rules (page one, under thread rules, rule 3) it says: do not advertise anything not related to luminovas. If you could please do that and look over the rules before posting again, that'd be great and it'd be much appreciated.
(I would warn them the first time they do it and if they continued doing/saying this, the second time I will issue a strike, and, again warn them as not to do it again)
spideypuhl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me