Makoatl #63 (OVER/WINNER ON PAGE 5) by Vaughn.

Based on Click to view
Artist Vaughn. [gallery]
Time spent 44 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Makoatl #63 (OVER/WINNER ON PAGE 5)

Postby Vaughn. » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:10 am

EDIT: I made a mistake with the numbers; this guy's number is now #63, even though it was posted before #62.
Won by wolfxdog.

WHAT IS A MAKOATL?

A Makoatl is a terrestrial shark-dragon hybrid recently discovered
off the coast of the greenland sea. They have the powerful tail
and jaws of a shark, with the body and (occasional) horns of a dragon.
They usually have manes, and are covered in thick coats of fur-
adapted to keeping out the cold in their native habitat.
They live on a diet of mainly meat and fish, and are known to be vicious
hunters! Despite this attitude toward their prey, however, they
are very protective and mothering to their offspring,
as well as to each other the majority of the time.

this guy sat in my saved drawings for a little while but now he is freee
to win this guy, tell me what name you'd give him (+ why) and whichever i like best wins.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Why:[/b]

no extras allowed.
EDIT: but you may pretty up your form! i'll mainly focus on the name, so it doesn't really matter whether you do or not.

End Date: November 15th
Last edited by Vaughn. on Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:36 am, edited 6 times in total.
Vaughn.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Makoatl #61

Postby Pvnkky » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:16 am

Username:
Mc Shizzle

Name:
I have decided to name him Meskwaki or Waki :')

Why:
This is the old indian tribal word meaning red earth people - he is red based and has tribal markings so i thought this name would suit him perfectly in my personal opinion :)
━━━━ ━━━
my dA
My Characters
My Fursona

━━━━━━━ ━━━━━
Yo im Serina!
Call me Shizzz
or Mc Though ;)

brought to you by

━━━━ ━━━
Pvnkky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby not active » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:16 am

U s e r n a m e: Thebandtrainlover45
N a m e: Zero gravity
W h y: The name seems to suit him.I thought zero was a really cool name,and gravity sounds to suit .All his colors make me think of gravity for some sort of reason. (:
Last edited by not active on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
┏━━━━━┓
-
┗━━━━━┛
┏━━━━━┓
Geek
Sam
Ask
┗━━━━━┛
━━━ ━━━
┏━━━━━┓
Mood: Happy!
┗━━━━━┛
┏━━━━━┓
XxX
┗━━━━━┛
not active

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

one at a t i m e, boys

Postby Rivkah » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:17 am

↷↷ username: Rivkah
↷↷ name: Aldrich Blutimwasser

Aldrich meaning "all-powerful" in German;
and "Blutimwasser" being a made-up surname
meaning "blood in the water."
↷↷ why:

the reason for this is I pictured a strong, stubborn personality off of the design,
and the markings themselves reminded me of blood and violence; the surname
seemed fitting considering the fact that Makoatls are water-dwelling.
Last edited by Rivkah on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rivkah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❝B a d l u c k ? Yep, that's me❞ [Infelicitas the Makoatl]

Postby CeruleanRush » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:18 am

The -- only -- good -- luck

many -- great -- men -- ever

had -- was -- being -- born

with -- the -- ability -- and

determination -- to --

overcome -- bad -- luck.

--Channing Pollock

-------------------------------------------
Who's Behind That Screen?
Hello there, I'm CeruleanRush,
a huuuuugeee fan of your designs!
I'm hoping that how much I love
this guy will show in my form. ;u;
However, it's not about me, it's
about the Mako, so allow me to
introduce you to my form.
Please, enjoy your stay! cx

-------------------------------------------

----------/ /The--Name/ /

Infelicitas is his full name, translating to multiple words in Latin. These include misfortune, bad luck, infelicity, ill success, ill luck, and unproductiveness. However, he prefers to go by the much simpler "Felix", as it's easier on the tongue.

---- --

----------/ /The--Meaning/ /

The day Infelicitas was born was the day of a hurricane. Not just any hurricane, the kind of hurricane that brings fear to Makoatls of all sizes. His parents hadn't even had a chance to name their pup when it hit, instead being forced to flee onto land in a last second attempt to save their lives. All the nearby Makoatls survived with the occasional injury here and there, but what shocked everyone the most was that there was absolutely no chance of a hurricane that day. The sky was a bright blue, and the water was teeming with life, yet as soon as Infelicitas made his way into the world, everything took a turn for the worst. That was why his parents decided to name their pup after bad luck itself. This was meant to be a small family joke, but it didn't work out that way at all.
Later in life, Infelicitas took on the nickname "Felix" in order to fit in. None of the other pups could say his full name, and shortening it was the simplest way to confront this issue. Ever since the day of the hurricane, Felix seemed to always be surrounded by a cloud of bad luck. He was constantly breaking things by barely touching them, getting cuts and bruises of all sizes over his coat from the simplest of accidents, and mysteriously messing things up without even trying to. Over time, he grew away from other Makos, and has accepted his cloak of bad luck... literally. Makos these days generally call him the much more formal sounding Infelicitas, as he spends his days wrapped up in a long, vampire-like cloak with the words in multiple languages for bad luck written across the bottom.
In short, he considers his name to be what ruined his life. He's still incredibly unlucky, though he's learned to live with it.
Last edited by CeruleanRush on Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CeruleanRush

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Novi » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:18 am

Username: Raff
Name: Dante
Why: You're gonna think I'm some obsessed fangirl for this, but here we go. I want to name this boy Dante because he reminds me of the Devil May Cry character, who also goes by the name of Dante. Plus, this boy looks like a flirt; the exact same type of badass flirt that Dante from DMC is.

//shot dead a million times
Now that the existential crisis has passed, I'm not leaving! Sorry for the momentary scare, folks!
Novi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cece. » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:18 am

Username:
Name:
Why:
cece.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saint.EXE » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:18 am

username;;

klonoa

name;;

trench

why;;

have you ever seen the bottom of a trench? what scary, wonderful creatures that lie in the dark, hunting and prowling the sands? the deepest part of the waters, hidden away, holding secrets of it's own. in a way, it's terrifying. i chose this name because of the dark markings, spiraling on his pelt, the deep red, reminiscent to the occasional lava and magma that arises from the crust. the white of his hair, gleaming in the little light that shines down, that is akin to the inside of a shell, silky smooth. "trench" seemed to fit him, this mystery surrounding him. what kind of monsters does he keep hidden away in the darkness of his mind? what wonders could be concealed in the far away glow of his heart? he holds many answers, some the questions have not been asked, and as they say, we know more about the moon, than we know about the bottom of the sea.

we all know what a trench is, i assume. a deep, dark crevice, carved into the ocean floor. some can be deeper than we can imagine, but others can be shallow. the ground is sandy, almost no rocks in sight, and that is what i see trench as. uninterrupted, almost blank, but with sealed secrets. a trench cannot say what lives inside, for it has no mouth, and it is up to you to find out. discoveries can be great, amazing, a breakthrough, but, they can also plant a seed of discord in you when you least expect it. that unsettling feeling you get when your feet can't touch the sand when you're swimming, or the feeling you get looking into a cave that seems endless. this is what it's like to look at trench, feeling those prickles up your spine and not knowing why.
Last edited by saint.EXE on Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
saint.EXE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby >> Leafstorm515 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:18 am

Username:
.:: Murdoc ::.
Name:
Hannibal
Why:
What one earth could be so fitting for a lovely creature such as this? When I saw this handsome boy, I saw only one thing; Cold blood lust. The kind that never really fades but lies in haunting wait for its next victim. When I saw him, I got shivers in my mind saying 'This is him'. Hannibal. What a better fitting name for such an cruel yet fascinating makoatl. Hannibal has a nice, dark ring to it, and for this crimson red and balck, I think it fits well. Plus Hannibal is very dear to my heart, as would this guy be if he was mine. I really thank you for considering me among the many. <3
Last edited by >> Leafstorm515 on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

x
x

Leaf/Leafstorm ~ she/her
Character Designer

>> Leafstorm515

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PFDC » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:20 am

Dropping out
Last edited by PFDC on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leaving CS
PFDC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me