Drawing sessions 1
51 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by jayus

by jayus

JMD #317 - WINNER [finally]

Postby nyx. » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:05 am

Ooooh, brown jewel! numbah 317~
I haven't done an adopt in awhile so I thought I'd do something a little simple- plus there doesn't seem to be too many brown jewels, so why not? :33
I just love blue/brown color combinations, eeee <33

Alright, to enter for this JMD, you must do two things for me as best you can: the first, write me a short story (no more than 400 words), and create an art piece (song, poem, drawing, anything that ISN'T A STORY. obviously.)
those are the only two main requirements! after that I will allow up to 4 extras
(likes&dislikes will count as one, extra art pieces will count as one extra per piece! (4 extras max = 4 art pieces)

won by pipsqueak99 !
Last edited by nyx. on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
beauty queen on a silver screen
living life like i'm in a dream
i know i've got a big ego
i really don't know why it's such a big deal though

hello darling
my name is roxanna
***i like to be called roxy
and i am gonna be a star
♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
friend code;; 1521-4184-6357
♥ transferring legendaries & starters to pkmn x ♥
nyx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: JMD #317

Postby littlelies » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:58 pm

reserved!
littlelies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waterstar. » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:58 pm

u s e r n a m e ;
{Waterstar2002, I'm hoping for my first JMD, I've tried for
some in the past, but have yet to win one.}

n a m e ;
{Cameron Jace Bubbly
Cameron just clicked while Jace was another clicky name,
but bubbly is due to the bubbly design on his back}

g e n d e r ;
{Male of course!}

s t o r y ;
{Here}

a r t ;
{Here}

Username:
Name:
Illustration based off your story:
Extras (4 extras max):

Res

also does the art h a v e to be by me?
Last edited by waterstar. on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

┏─────────────┓
- why bees are dying
- what you can do
- green peace
- (my) kalons
- (my) simas
- new youtube restrictions
- trump delays bees
- why bees are important

┖─────────────┚

Hello everyone, this is Acid-tripp. I'm Water's younger sibling. She has since moved and forgotten about CS but is happy. Any activity on her account since around 2018 I believe has been me. I'm sorry for all of the people still active who wish to communicate with her but can't. I wish you all a great day/night and i'm sorry.
waterstar.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tacocat. » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Reserved with the name Erosion

Username:
    Name:
    Extras (4 extras max):
    It's good to be back.
tacocat.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby asexual pirate;; » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:03 pm

Omg

Reserve. :3

My previous username was better version.

ImageImage

dragons for sale
asexual pirate;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jayus » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:11 pm

dictionary definition wrote:a traveling from one place to another, usually taking a rather long time; trip

space taker upper lol. um... Listnening to le hunger games soundtrack

υ ѕ є я и α м є ;;
      I'm pipsqueak99, an active member of the Jewel Mane Dragon community. My three dragons Kalei, Raine, and Hachiko are randomly displayed in my signature, where I would love for this dragon to join them.
    g є и ∂ є я
      I can't help but see this dragon as female for a couple of reasons.
      First off, the eyelashes. My brothers all have eyelashes longer than mine (which are still long enough to rub on my glasses), but that doesn't mean eyelashes make me think of guys.
      Secondly, there's a saying that says "Men are like waffles, women are like spaghetti." Men think in boxes, and have trouble following the noodling of females, where we switch topics more quickly than a toddler switches toys. The random pattern on her coat makes me think of the tangles of spaghetti noodles mixed in with meatballs and chunks of parmesan cheese, and I think that she really comes off as female.
    и α м є ;;
      I would name this girl Journey. I really went off on a tangent when I looked at her. First, I saw snow flurries. The brown in the flurries reminded me of maybe a sparse mountain trail being covered with snow. Mountain trails? Ooh. The Hobbit, An Unexpected Journey.
      That's the exact thought process that lead me to this name, give or take a few extraneous parts.
    ѕ т σ я у
      "May God grant you always...
      A sunbeam to warm you,
      A moonbeam to charm you,
      A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you."

The words messily cross-stitched by a young hand hung in the deserted house, the only object seemingly untarnished by the dust. Silence brooded heavily in the corners of the house, skulking away from the centers of the room in an oppressing manner. A door wailed as its old joints were forced into operation, the arthritis of unused objects biting into it. The spiderwebs watched warily from their posts as an unknown figure journeyed to where they did not belong. A glance scoured the foreboding room, desperate for information sought by the heart that knew not where to start.
      The old saying leapt out, vying for the top spot in a place where there is no competition, and the winner is easily found in the crowd. The proverb drew in the seeking and the lost, those looking for a splash of comfort or revelation.
      The breath hung delicately in the being's throat, held there like the dust in the spiderwebs, as the dragon stepped forward to inspect the ancient saying.
      A single tear, holding all of the pain over many years fought desperately to hang on to the soft fur on the cheek, before surrendering to splash defeated onto the floor.
      (223 words, excluding these.)
    ι ℓ ℓ υ ѕ т я α т ι σ и
    є χ т я α ѕ
      Items/Accessories
      • Thin copper bracelets on her front right wrist
      • Feathers tied to strings around her tail, front right wrist
      • A small marble with the same thin copper wire wrapped around it tied to a string around her neck like a necklace
Last edited by jayus on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:38 pm, edited 12 times in total.
jayus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby key » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Username:
Rainy Sky

Name:
Akitla

Reason Behind the Name:
As soon as I saw her, her pattern reminded me of of water, pebbles, bubbles, and snow. I was searching for a name that matched at least one of those things. I toyed with a few others, but they didn't work as well. Akitla is an Inuit name that means "snow falling on water," so it fit her just right. A lovely name for a lovely girl.

Story (350 words) :
I stared into the eyes of my patient and smiled reassuringly as she finally woke up and began to sob. "Shh, it's okay. You'll be fine. I promise," I whispered and stroked her back, feeling her scrapes.

The young female's crying abated long enough for her to ask, "What happened? Why do I hurt so much? Who are you?”

“I’m a healer. You fell out of a tree and into the shallows of the lake. You have a couple scrapes and bruises, but I can fix them,” I explained and then continued, “Do you trust me?”

The female whipped her head around and stared at me, scared witless. “Dark Blue, white, brown, healer... You must be the Snow Witch!” she accused.

I jumped back, startled. How could one so young be filled with so much hatred? “Where did you hear that?” I questioned.

“Everyone knows you. You stare at that lake for hours and hours and hours! I bet you’re the reason I fell at all! I’m a great climber!” she fumed. “My da says that you’re the reason winter was so early.”

“B-but I’m a healer. No one can have two powers, sweetie, you know that.” I reminded her. “Will you let me heal you at least, before you go? Your da must be worried by now.”

She nodded faintly, and said, “Then I am leaving this weird cave. For good.” Shuddering, she closed her eyes and tensed up. I sighed, relieved that she had agreed, and then scooted closer. Touching my jewel to the female’s side, where the most damage was, I concentrated. A light grew around my jewel and the cuts then, a minute later, the wounds were gone. The female blinked her eyes open, stretched, and then ran into the night. I followed her to the entrance of my home and watched as she gradually faded into the snow that was beginning to fall. Once I could see her no longer, I turned to face the lake that held so many precious memories.

“If only wounds of the heart were so easy to mend,” I sighed.

Is Here
Last edited by key on Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
I had fun while I was here, but I've decided that it's time to quit cs.
I'll be giving away most of my stuff (as of June 4th).

If you want a specific pet of mine, feel free to pm me/send a trade.
Everything in the unlocked groups are up for grabs until they're gone.
If something gets canceled, try again.xxxxxxxxxxxxxLove y'all!
key

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby exousia » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:05 pm

ImageImage

username;;

Hello! ^^ I'm exousia
    This is my first time trying out for a JMD, and this lovely lady I just couldn't pass up.
    I would take wonderful care of her and spoil her with art and writings.
    I can promise she would be actively roleplaying and the like <3

name;;
    I would name this beautiful girl Nineveh.

gender;;
    Female.

story;;
    You're so cold.

The words rang methodically in her ears. Cold? That was a first.
    Cynical? Sure. Ornery? More than once. The irony was that this more probably the best adjective they'd come across so far.

It was such a simple word... yet the way she said it, it was like she was speaking a common truth. People actually believed that of her.

A crystalline tear fell from her face onto the ground beneath her, being absorbed into the soil almost instantly. Thank goodness they left her alone long ago; she wouldn’t have been able to live with the fact that they finally saw her break down. Even if it only contributed to the bullying, she would rather continue living the way she was and maintain respect for herself than grovel at their feet to stop it all. The thought just repulsed her.

They subtle sound of grass being trampled caused her to yank her head up in surprise. Her eyes searched for the source, only to find a male frozen mid-stride. His eyes jolted fearfully left and right, trying desperately to not meet her gaze.

This was why people thought of her as cold.

She lowered her ears and tipped her head to the side a bit, watching dead space and waiting for the male to gather up his courage again. This was common, and her tolerance for it ticked down a notch every time. What did she look like, a four-eyed monster? No.

“What do you need?” A pause.

Taking his sweet time, he answered back. "I need your help. People say you're the best." His voice wavered a minuscule amount, but pain laced his words as well. Ninevah wasted no time going over to check out his wound. When she saw it, it took all she had not to cringe. It was deep, and infected.

Closing her eyes, she placed her paw on the cut. She felt him tense up at the contact. It was warm to the touch. This was going to take something special. She placed her mouth just inches from the cut and blew lightly. A sharp intake of breath. She smirked lightly. That was how you knew it was working.

She withdrew quickly from his side and looked at him.

“Thank you.”

“Take care of yourself.” She replied, a small smile gracing her lips.

illustration;;
    Bam
    I tried my best ovo

personality;;
    shielded|unfeeling|detached|aloof|lone|reticent|reserved

Nineveh is not someone who is easily liked. It would take someone very special to even get close to her, and going beyond that stage is practically unheard of. It wouldn't be harsh to assume Nineveh has never experienced love, because for the most part she never has. There were very few JMDs that have meant enough to her to defend, but they had always been fleeting friendships for one reason or another. Many grow tired of her constant aloofness or get irritated that she doesn't show her affection as readily as most others, which is why they leave her in the dust. She could feel very strongly about someone, but she would never say anything straight. Her affections come through more passive methods.

If she ever defends you to one degree or another, that is a surefire way to tell if you are someone she cares for. Her defenses are rare, seeing as she would much rather just disassociate herself with everything that wasn't her own life. She feels that if nobody cares for her own life, what right does he or she have to expect her to care for theirs? Of course, this doesn't apply to all. Most JMDs Nineveh has associated with have been manipulative and destructive, causing her to loose all faith in others.

likes and dislikes;;
    Words
Last edited by exousia on Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:35 am, edited 11 times in total.
exousia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: JMD somethingorother

Postby QUITTING.PLZTAKEPETS » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:09 pm

::{Username:
::{Name:
::{Gender:

::{Illustration based off your story:
::{Extras (4 extras max):
::{Story

Love Kills
Story of Evelyn Elthea Williams's History

Love.

What is love?

Why does it exist?

Love, means to care for someone. Love means to leave a segment of your heart to that one person for eternity. Love, means to risk your life for someone else's sake.

Why does love exist? It's only there...waiting to break someone's happiness. It's lurking in the dark...to attack when things are going great. You may retort "Love brought me luck!", well good for you! Love ripped me apart.

I still remember that one horrific day that changed my life from perfect to dreadful...maybe it's because I was born unlucky. Love brought down my one and only mother to her knees....because she was PROTECTING someone. Why, how cruel love can be, to bring down someone because she cared....because she loved....

My mother was... a "killer". But, she didn't kill anybody...she stood up for the people who were accused. First my father....my strong father who worked his hardest to love his family. Poor dad....accused by his own sister for shooting someone in the restaurant because he was the only person in the restaurant besides his sister and one dead customer. However, Mom claimed she did it, so she was held in jail. Until the police were convinced by my aunt, and Dad was instantly killed for denying he did it. I watched, as a child, him get whipped with a whip? I watched my father die right in front of me...his last motions to me; a reassuring smile.

Mom...how hard she worked to protect her beloved husband. I was only 4 years old...A a young'un. It happened again when I was 7. My neighbor, Angie, had a stranger sneak into her house and shoot her house guest. Mom claimed that she did it again since Angie was her best friend. Angie begged for her to tell the police the truth, but my mother refused...She was taken to the police and hung. I cried and wailed...but the ignorant police simply snarled at me and continued the whipping. I remember Mother mouthing "I...love you.....Evelyn Elthea Williams..." before her eyes rolled into her head and she disappeared from this world forever.

This is how love has affected me and changed me into a shriveled flower in the dark. Goodbye love...I hope you disappear just as my parents had because of you.
Last edited by QUITTING.PLZTAKEPETS on Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:47 am, edited 9 times in total.
QUITTING. Life has just gotten really stressful with school and all that so Im quitting. Ill be on for a week from now 2/18 and you may ask for some pets. The only reason I decline will be because Im gifting all my rares and good pets to my cousin, sorry guys and Ill always remember my time on CS
QUITTING.PLZTAKEPETS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby carmineflyer » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:22 am

Username: PFDB123

Name: Yu
A very simple name, meaning many things, "fish," "feather, wing," or "nimble, quick." Yu is many of these things and more. I choose this name based on her design and what I had planned for her personality. You see, as I looked at this design, I found something that looked like a little fish.

Also, I noticed that the little dark blue design on her head looked remarkably like a feather to me. This name represented both of these qualities, and it just seemed to fit so perfectly with what I had in mind for Yu. It's like this name was made to fit her.

✺Story:
The girl pulled in the fishing net, her arms straining. It was the salmon spawning season, and if she didn’t catch enough fish now, her family would starve. Broken nets lay around her, testimony to her many failures. But she couldn’t fail again.
After many pulls, the girl fell, gasping, her net full of fish beside her. As she sat panting by the net, trying to regain enough strength to walk home, she heard voice:
“Please let my brothers and sisters go.”
Turning towards the voice, she found a gasping fish, like the others, but a pure white. “Why should I? My family was injured from the fire that took our house; we need this food to survive.” The fish was talking? How could this be?
The fish looked at her with its light brown eyes, mournfully pleading. “The sisters are caring our new generation, take them, and you destroy the little lives.”
“There are many more fish to take their place.”
The fish gasped for air, and pressed against the net. “That is what the next fisherman will say, and the next, and the one after him. They ignore our plight. The salmon are struggling.”
The girl struggled with this, trying to justify her need too. “My family will starve! I am the only one who can find food.”
The fish turned its eyes on her, using its last breaths. “I could help you with that… If you could only help us…”
The girl looked at the feast for her family, the fish, then at the stream. Finally, after a mournful look at the fish, she pushed the net into the water.”
Thank you… She felt the whisper of the fish, and she saw the white fish swimming before her, as if in a dream. I will help you now, for what you have done.
The girl felt a sigh escape her lips, and she felt the rapid current of the stream, the motion of the fish, and rush of the water. The white fish twirled in the air, and then disappeared. The girl fell backwards, and felt a glow on her plain grey jewel. Looking in the stream, she found it too be the color of the fish’s eyes, a brown jewel. A healing jewel. She saw that the fish swam on her side, in her markings, forever beside her, in thanks for her deed to the salmon.
(400 words)

✺Illustration:
"She saw the white fish swimming before her, as if in a dream..."

Personality:
Yu is a very shy JMD, and hardly ever starts the conversations. She thinks of her friends and family before herself, and is a very loyal friend. She believes in true love, and hopes that when she finds that special someone, they will remain together forever. Perhaps because her power is healing, she always tries to keep people out of harms way, and protects those she cares for. Get on her good side, and you'll find a JMD whose always there for you, worries about your well being, and cares about you. Get on her bad side, and you will probably become the subject of what Yu likes to call "behind-the-back-glares," as she's far too shy and submissive for anything else. Though its hard for her too be mad at someone, as she tries to find the good in everybody.

✺Little Things:

✺Likes:
  • Water
  • Fish (the animal, not the food)
  • Birds
  • Collecting Feathers
  • Playing on stepping stones
  • Painting
  • Henna (I just loves to do it!)

✺Dislikes
  • Anyone who messes with her friends
  • Pollution
  • Dancing (It's just... Awkward.)
  • Algae (Makes stones too slippery to play on)
  • Pain (I hate seeing anyone in pain)
  • Dead fish (The smell... And other reasons...)
  • Chicken, Turkey, etc. (How can anyone eat that?!? It was once a bird!)

By purplepandaj
Last edited by carmineflyer on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:11 am, edited 7 times in total.
My Links
My DA
My FR
Ask.fm

activity will be sporadic,
there's just a lot of things coming up in life right now
carmineflyer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes