Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Jewel Mane Dragons;; New Owner! by lumpinbanana

Based on Click to view
Artist lumpinbanana [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
395 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Jewel Mane Dragons;; New Owner!

Postby lumpinbanana » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:15 am

DA ; Ask

Welcome to the Jewel Mane Dragon Adoptions center. Here you will find creatures in which you can adopt for free, known as Jewel Mane Dragons. Though, most users just abbreviate the longer name into JMD's so that we don't tire your fingers from typing Jewel Mane Dragons over and over again. This thread is the second version of our loved adoptable. If you would like to see some of the previously made JMD's or look for any ones that are still currently up for adoption, please follow this link.

What is a Jewel Mane Dragon?;;
A Jewel Mane Dragon is a large creature with jewels on their foreheads and tails.They eat birds and most small mammals. The fur on their back, hind, and front legs feel like the softest of silk and is pretty short. The fur around their neck (Also know as their mane) and tail is very soft, fluffy, and long. Jewel mane Dragons mostly keep to themselves but when they find someone they like the grow very attached, loyal, and talkative. They're all slightly bigger than a mustang but some grow to be as large as a elephant. All Jewel Mane Dragons have jewels at the end of their tail and on their forehead, there's no exception to that rule. The jewel on their tail is used as a weapon in combat and hunting, while the jewel on their forehead is used during mating season to attract females; and of course their jewels are used for whichever power assigned to them.

Jewel Powers;;
Well, each Jewel Mane Dragon's jewel can have specific powers according to what color it is. Look below to see the exact chart on what's what and who's who.

Red~ Creation of fire and fire breathing.
Orange~ Can turn night into day or control time.
Yellow~ Creation of light.
Green~ Manipulation of earth and creation of flowers.
Blue~ Creation of water and can breathe underwater.
Purple~ Mind reading powers and psychic ability, sometimes hypnotism.
Pink~ Can make anything or anyone beautiful.
Brown~ Special healing abilities.
Black~ Destruction and strength.
White~ Creation of blizzard and snow.
Last edited by lumpinbanana on Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 6 times in total.
lumpinbanana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules and Info~

Thread rules in general;;

1. Be nice, where will this thread go if it's all spammed up with fighting? Deleted that's where.
2. No complaining if you didn't get the one you wanted, it's brings everyone down. You'll win one eventually. ;w;
3. We appreciate your help, but try not to mini mod.
4. Do not bribe the artists. You will either get a ban or a suspension.
5. You may own up to 5 adult JMD's only have 3 offspring.
6. Please, just use your common sense.
7. If you feel like the comment might get you in trouble, it most likely will
8. Please stop with the spamming, there's no need to say 'okay' after every post.
9. Do not post asking to be an artist. Artist slots are closed and will most likely never open.
10. Have fun! Alright so this wasn't necessary, but I needed a number ten.

Artist rules;;

1. You may only make one design every day. We don't want all our good ideas running out do we?
2. Please let me know if you're not able to be active or continue as a artist.
3. If you have at least 3 unadopted JMD's do not make any more until they get adopted!
4. Ask me before making any special/rare adopts.
{ This includes hair, custom lines, special wings, or anything out of the ordainary
5. Make sure to know all the JMD information before you make an adopt.
6. Make sure to count the JMD numbers correctly.

Artists may make unlimited premade JMDs, Customs, and one JMD for themselves if they desire.
We are not accepting anymore artists.

Guest Artist Rules;;

1. You must be accepted by me before you're counted as a guest artist.
2. You're spot is not first come, first serve. I choose from how good of a designer/artist you are.
3. If your designs are liked enough, you may become a permanent artist. But this is not guaranteed.
4. You may make two premades and one custom as a guest artist.
5. You may be a guest artist for two weeks, or until the next round of GA slots open.
6. If you already have a custom, you may not make yourself one. You'll make three premades instead
7. No special JMDs or line edits
8. If you haven't completed the amount of designs allowed by the time the next GA slots open, you may not continue to design.

Custom Rules;;

1. Do not repost your form.
2. Do not beg for your custom to be accepted.
3. Do not rush your custom.
4. If your custom is not accepted do not spam about it or complain.
5. Do not request a custom that you cant draw at all (for care reasons).
6. There will be no special custom JMDs
{Hair, custom lines, special wings, ect.)
7. Only one custom per person.
8. Customs aren't first come first serve.
9. Forms before 12 am Mountain time on Friday will not be accepted.
10. Please put which artist you'd like on your form.

How to Adopt a JMD;;

First, you must click on the oekaki version of a JMD that you have decided you want to adopt. After this, you will look at the description and see what form you must fill out in order to compete for this dragon of your liking. These forms may include contests of anything from writing a story, creating the best name, making art, or even posting first! Hopefully you will be able to find your own very lovely JMD soon by following these instructions.
You can also order a custom every two weeks at 12am Mountain Time. Customs are special JMD's that YOU design. That's a first, right? Don't artists usually design them? Well, yes, they do. You just fill in a simple form describing what you want it to look like and then an artist will design it up for you once you have sent the payment. {{See below for more information on customs.}}
~

Last edited by lumpinbanana on Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:05 am, edited 5 times in total.
lumpinbanana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff Members~

Official Artists;;
These will be our loyal JMD design slaves JMD artists until they either quit, cannot work anymore, or are revoked from their position.

Lumpinbanana
Froggyluv28
Wolfswelpe
Nyx.
Pachoofoosh
Beep Beep Meow
Suzuki.
Fail in love
Ice c a p p~

Moderators;;
These are the members of our staff that will watch over the threads, fanclub, and even roleplays to make sure everyone is following the rules and not spamming.

Nyx.
Froggyluv28
Fail in Love
Oblivion
Walk This Way

Archivist;;
This is the staff spot in which you will find a member of our community that takes the time out of her day to record every JMD ever made in a thread so that everyone will be able to find it.

Froggyluv28

Advertisers;;
These people are the staff members that will advertise the thread with either creating banners, stamps, spreading the word, or just bumping JMD places. (Always accepting more)

Wolfswelpe

Lineart Manager;;
This is the member of our staff that will find all the JMD giftart lines and put it on a thread so that JMD owners can find them easily and color in fanart of their JMD's.

Paradox ;

Affiliates Finder;;
The Affiliates finder will talk to owners of popular Adoption Centers and ask for affiliations.
They also manage Affiliation requests.

♫daretodream12890♫

Assit. Judge
The assistant judge will help judge JMD contests. She is available at request to help artists and GAs decide the winners.

Walk This Way

Banned Members;;
These are people who have broken JMD rules more than 2 times. Their JMDs have been taken away and they can no longer adopt, be a GA, or praticipate in fun events. They are banned from everything JMDs; including the RP and fanclub.

~Ducky;;
For copying JMDs.

Frenzic
For impersonation and being rude to staff

Julietthekitten.
For impersonation and being rude to staff

D E V I N
For spamming the thread and being rude to multiple staff members

Guest artists;;
These are temporary artists that come into our staff for a two week period so that they may make two premades and one custom fro themselves.

1~ ƒαℓℓєиƒιѕну
2~ Panne
3~ Wyrd
4~ Beean
Last edited by lumpinbanana on Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 18 times in total.
lumpinbanana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Forms~

Postby lumpinbanana » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:16 am

Customs;;
The artists who have done a custom and say closed are not available for customs.
Customs are almost like bidding, usually the ones with great payments get chosen.
However, if you're looking for a base I'd say a few rares or VRs.
You may discuss payment with your artist via PM.
If you have already gotten a custom, please let don't post a form.
Custom slots open once a month.
Limit is 1 custom per person.

Custom slots;;

Lumpin~
Froggy~
Ice c a p p~
Beep Beep Meow~
Fail in love~
Wolfswelpe~

Custom Form;;

Code: Select all
[b][u]custσm plєαsє![/u][/b]

usєrnαmє~
nαmє~
gєndєr~
mαín cσlσr~
dєsígn~
mαnє cσlσr~
wíng cσlσr~
jєwl cσlσr~
ítєms/αdd σns?~
eye color~
σthєr?~
αrtíst~
pαчmєnt~

Custom slots will open November 7

Guest artists;;
These are temporary artists that come into our staff for a month so that they may make two premades and one custom for themselves. If they already have a custom, then three premades will be made instead. GA slots open once a month.

1~
2~

Guest artist form;;
usєrnαmє~
whч чσu wαnt tσ вє α guєst αrtíst~
gαllєrч línk~
Best design example(please only choose 1)~
Have you been a GA before?
dσ чσu hαvє rєαllч gσσd dєsígn ídєαs? вє hσnєst~

GA slots will open November 1
Last edited by lumpinbanana on Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:04 am, edited 14 times in total.
lumpinbanana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Advertisments~

Stamps;;
Stamps are a very common way for adoption centers to spread word about their lovely little shops. Members of the adoption center, adopters and staff alike, let other users here on chicken smoothie know about their adoption centers by putting these little things called stamps into their signatures. You just copy and paste the code below what stamp you like the best, or even all of them if you would like, and voila! You're advertising this adoption center!
We need some for this shiny new lineart people ^-^
If you make any stamps post them here or in the fanclub

Code
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1680639][img]http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u394/Soul_Rhythm/JMD%20ZEUG/JMDStamp_zpsb6dfe926.png[/img][/url]

Code
[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1680639][img]http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u394/Soul_Rhythm/JMD%20ZEUG/NewJMDStampAnimated_zpsd48a0c75.gif[/img][/url]

Banners;;
What's a banner you ask? Well, basically like a stamp, just bigger. It's usually on the bigger side of pictures that you may put in your signature, but some banners may be slimmed down for different users' liking. Just the same as stamps, just copy and paste the code into your signature and you have that banner to help Advertise us!

[url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1680639][img]http://oi44.tinypic.com/2u60h92.jpg[/img][/url]
Last edited by lumpinbanana on Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:19 am, edited 6 times in total.
lumpinbanana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Affilates~

Check out all of these amazing adoption centers!

Feel free to PM Dare to Dream if you would like to become affiliates.
Sometimes Dare and I will search for affiliates too.

Image ImageImageImageImage Image
Last edited by lumpinbanana on Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
lumpinbanana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Links~

Important Links;;

These are some links to some of the amazing places created for JMDs. We have a fanclub, website, avatars, role plays, mostly anything you could think of! If you ever have new ideas for JMDs and how they could expand, please, feel free to PM me at anytime nessasary. I will try to reply quickly. If I have missed a link that should be put on here, post the link here or through PM.

Ask
Pound ~ Website ~ Fan club
Nursery ~ Facebook ~ Love Boxes
V.1 ~ V. 2 ~ Archives
Official DA Group

Art Shops;;

These art shops are specifically made for JMDs. Sometimes they require payment, others might be free.
You can get art of your beloved JMDs from any of the amazing artists below.
(If you have an art shop that's not on here please PM me with the link, I know I'm missing ALOT)

Wolfswelpe
Primrose Minou
Little.

Role Plays;;

These are role plays made for JMDs. You must own a JMD to participate in these role-plays. We have many topics to choose from! (If you know of an RP that isn't listed here, please PM me with the link)

Prom
People come from all around to attend, to witness the magical night that every young JMD dreams of experiencing- Prom. They all dress up for a night of fun, risk, and new discoveries.... you can hear their laughter echoing through the night until morning. (You're not too late to attend! The party hasn't started yet.)

Life of a JMD
A general RP where you can experience the everyday life of your JMD.

Jewelie High
The JMDs are enrolled in Jewelie High.
They take five regular academic classes and two electives of their choice.

Star Trek
Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Transparency. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where JMD has gone before.

Dragon Delights
Take your friends on dates, come for lunch, even stop by for a quick cup of coffee before work in this cafe RP.

Minecraft
Have your JMDs explore, create, and be put to the test of survival in this minecraft based RP.

Neptune's Party
Mingle with other JMDs and meet the host of the party, Neptune.

Bound by Handcuffs
Ten dragons are chosen, handcuffed with another.
If the pair are not tolerable to each other by the date, then they will be
doomed to stay together forever.

Airstrike Academy
Have your JMD train to be the best flyer and become an Airstrike.

Camp Half Blood
This is a camp for demigod Jewel Mane Dragons! Your JMD will be eventually claimed by a godly parent.
Each Jewelie will have to train, if they ever have to go quests or so they can defend themselves in the outer world.

Adventure of Two Teams
This Rp is invite only, but it's always fun to read what's going on! Danger, romance, and adventure are included.

Stranded
Your JMD is stranded on a mysterious island after a plane crash.

Steam City
You were asked to leave your family on the ground to join the Steam City.
Only the most elite dragons get to live here. But, after you come
up, there's no going down. Do you come up to the Steam City?

Sink or Swim
All, or almost all, dragons are dead; from drowning or the panic caused by the water. A snap of the fingers and the whole world disappeared into the ocean. Only a few survived. The dragons managed to swim, or even boat, towards the last island, where they met and joined in their journey to live. (one space left)

Vacation
You and your JMDs are on vacation at Waikiki, Oahu.

Neige's Birthday
Come and celebrate the birthday of the beloved JMD Neige. (Must RSVP)

Masquerade Ball
A masquerade themed ball for all JMDs to enjoy.

Party All Night
A party that lasts forever. JMDs are in human form for this RP.

Valentines Dance
Well it's not valentines day anymore, but who says we can't RP like it is?

Camping
An exciting camping trip that you'll never forget.

We Are Not Alone
A scary Ghost Tour through a haunted hospital. (Invite Only, but fun to read!)

Baby Jewelies
This is an RP for baby JMDs and occasionally their parents.

Hunger Games
Your JMDs form alliances and fight to the death. Who will be the ultimate victor? (slots filled, fun read though)

Olympus
Your JMD is a god/ess and lives in the ancient city Olympus

Blind Dates
Who knows? Maybe your JMD will meet their soul mate in one of these blind dates.

Winter Ball
Yes, it's summer. But that doesn't mean we can't RP an elegant winter ball. (invite only)

Dimensions
A survival RP. Your JMDs are trapped outside their own dimension, unable to go back.
The are large and dangerous creatures here, that are hungry for blood.
They will kill you if you are not careful. You have to be aware about the foods you eat, too. Some are poisonous.

Stay in Your Homes
An epic Zombie apocalypse survival story. (Invitation only)

Haunted Mind
A group of JMDs are constantly haunted by dreams of their past life.Their most recent dream: Dying. Brutally.
Your group of JMDs will die of...something.
Whether it anything from a broken heart to a damped spirit, to having your throat sliced. (Invite only)

Meteor Shower
RP with your JMD's family, friends, or date as you watch the beautiful meteor shower.

[ur=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1754722&p=54248692]Gifted Academy[/url]
JMDs with special talents in the arts are welcome to come polish there skills at this school.

Sugarmint's Birthday
Mix and mingle at Sugarmint's 17th birthday party.

Asylum
JMDs are being transported to Tempest Island due to.... complications.
They all have different issues, diseases, mental states, whatever. But they're each here for some reason.
And I'm pretty sure half of them are pointless. Do any of them really belong here?

Reverence Project
Here at the Reverence Project, we are trying to find the best of the JMDs to continue the species by preforming a series of challenges. The JMDs who survive these challenges will be the future.

A Whole New World
Your JMD is an astronaut who crashes on an unknown planet. What will you discover there? (Invite only)

When Our World Changed Forever
A survival RP about finding food and living without the JMD's protective underwater dome. (Invite Only)

Hogwarts
Your JMD is a young wizard enrolled in Hogwarts.

The Last of Us
A survival RP based off the amazing apocalyptic video game The Last of Us. (Invite Only)

Paris Dreams
An RP about exploring Paris, the city of love. (Slots closed)

Out at Sea
Your JMDs are on a lovely cruise, but why? (Invite Only)

Let it Rain
JMDs are now seen as dangerous, and most have been killed off. Some are test subjects. What will you do to avoid being caught and to free yourself?

Divine's Summer Bash
Enjoy the beach, good music, and good company at Divine's Summer Bash.

Last edited by lumpinbanana on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:09 am, edited 6 times in total.
lumpinbanana

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Jewel Mane Dragons

Postby kirill » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:33 am

Yay! I can't wait to make some Jewelies on these <33
xImage
| dA | youtube | comms | | |
---
kirill///they/them///i used to be katstiel
---
i'm not active anymore, find me on other social medias as @kirilldraws
---

| art credit ;; | photo | avatar & art | pixels

ImageImage
kirill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Jewel Mane Dragons

Postby walk. » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:33 am

Aww they're amazing! Now all we need is the nursery!
        These lines are epic!
To mods - Bugs is my sister and we tend to trade a lot, please don't ban us!

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive

Do you know me?