Time spent 1 hour, 10 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Yozora Kitsune #33

Postby Vazchu » Fri May 31, 2013 4:41 am

Vazchu wrote:
Owner: driftingsakura | Name: Hikari Kūri | Gender: Male
[ Read about him here ]

I was once again sitting on a small branch in the object called “tree”, looking at a small town below the hill (that was more like a mountain to me). Once again I longed to be a part of this world for real; once again I wished that someone of its inhabitants would notice me even though I’m so small. Suddenly the branch moved, as if something else stepped on in. Afraid, I turned; fearing that it once again was one of those birds that mistook me as today’s dinner. To my own surprise it was another Yozora Kitsune that slowly came closer to me. He sat down beside me and looked towards the small town without saying anything at all.
“This is my branch… Why did you come here…?” I asked as I too turned my gaze back towards the town.
“I’ve seen you sitting here for quite some time now…” he said.
“What of it?”
“It’s easy to tell that you want to be a part of this world… I can help you if you allow me to do so.” he stood up and met my gaze with two small, kind eyes that looked like black pearls.
“How can you help me when you’re just as tiny as me?”
“My human can help you…” he said as he did a small gesture towards one of the other hills close by where I saw one of this planets inhabitants sitting.
I too stood up and gave him a short nod as a reply before the two of us jumped down from the branch and he led the way. That one inhabitant we were running towards grew larger as we got closer. It sat on the ground, watching the sky with a longing gaze.
“Let us find you a good place to live here on Earth.” he said as he turned his head towards me before we had reached his human.

Mihochi wrote:

Yozora Kitsune live in stars, comets, meteorites, things that move around space so they can explore. No bigger than two inches these beautiful creatures are lonely as they merely pass each other by in space. They rarely live in the same rock so when they fall from the sky and land on a plant like earth, with so many people, all they want to do is interact with the strange creatures called humans there.

When their rocks fall though, they easily can return to space, but the interest of people makes them stay, with some even befriending the humans. The Yozora Kitsune resemble Fennec foxes but they are so elaborate in colour and design that one wouldn't make the connection to the earths ordinary Fennec's. The beads and stars that surround them seem to be important to them, they harness their powers while also change shades when approaching the opposite sex, presumably they use them like the peacock would use his feathers to attract a mate.
Last edited by Vazchu on Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
my dA | me on eldemore | me on FR | my characters + blog | characters for sale

Within the darkness two pearls shines bright,
glittering and shimmering in their bluest pride.
Somewhere in the depths there is a silent sound,
a silent song which caused the heart to pound.
It whispers, it tells stories of old, tales of eternity ride,
forgotten within this endless song.

Image Image
Vazchu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Yozora Kitsune #33

Postby Neko-the-Gunslinger » Fri May 31, 2013 8:42 am

Reserve <3
I'll create a masterpiece of my siggy later~ For now enjoy my Sinny. (Gifted by my dear friend Bebop <3 )

Neko-the-Gunslinger

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby getchoo-XD » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:46 am

Username: iluvwolves03 name: Icina (I make up weeeird names sometimes) gender: female why I want her: She's such a pretty yozora kitsune! (You did a good job at making designs) Also she would be my first one .w. other: I can't think of anything else, and I cannot post art on a phone. I'll think of something. ;)
getchoo-XD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

alohamora

Postby huskybaer. » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:11 am

█████████████████████████████████

Username:
    huskybaer.

Name:
    this lovely boys name is alohamora. |aloe - ah - mora | it doesn't have a meaning; that i know of at least. it is based off of the unlocking spell from harry potter. no particular reasoning for it, i just like the sound. and i think it would suit this beautiful kitsune.

Personality
    clever | cheery | ambitious | clumsy
    alohamora is like a fox, he is very clever and can seemly solve any puzzle that comes his way. not much will stump him. he is very cheery and always trys to lighten the mood when it is at its darkest. he can be very ambitious, often trying harder for something than he should. even knowing failure will happen, he will keep trying. and last, he is very clumsy. tripping over his own paws, and other objects that happen in his path. he doesn't typically pay attention to where he is going, often causing him small injuries.

Why do wish to have him?
    its beautiful. the design..this species..i just...i cant put it into words how beautiful this yozora kitsune is..he would be my first of this beautiful species. i tend not to do too many adopts, and i only have 3 or 4 of other artists species. but something about this design. it just clicked. i love the little beads and the light, yet dark, blue color. its just so beatuimus.

Other:
    i am currently very busy with art, so i will be unable to draw any for now.
    i will, however, write a story.

the night was dark and very cold. alohamora had just landed on this strange place; namely called earth. he had herd stories of the different species here. particularly the humans. they were huge towering animals, but gentle in nature. most of them at least. mora had decided to find one for himself. he no longer wanted to be alone. he wanted to know what it was like to have one of these humans as his own. questions filled his mind. were they nice? did they yell? what did they look like? how tall were they? and similar ones small and far between crossed his mind as well. so much was unknown to him. not only just these humans. but the plant life. and the other animals. | will be continued
Last edited by huskybaer. on Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
huskybaer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby getchoo-XD » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:13 am

also she's playful and shy, and LOOOVES playing in the snow! :D
getchoo-XD

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby driftingsakura » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:17 am

Username:
driftingsakura

It's great to meet you~ I'm in love
Name:
Hikari Kūri

Hikari Kūri literally means 'Light Ice' in Japanese. Since he has such a light coat that's based on water, ice and snow, I thought it was more than fitting to call him 'Light Ice.' His nickname would probably be Kūri - based on his name and his personality.

It's also a long-running joke between my friend and I that I have a habit of giving characters literal names or 'Something Ice'. This lovely chap fits both catergories.

I would have Hikari Kūri male. A female doesn't seem to fit the design so well - for me at least.
Personality
tsundere || suspicious || hopeful || spiritual

Hikari Kūri is has a 'tsundere' attitude to people. He seems to turn away in disgust but actually has a sweet side, which he doesn't often show. Hikari Kūri is often blunt and rude, making him unapproachable but he has no problem with being kind and gentle if the situation is right.

Hikari Kūri can be very suspicious of others. He isn't used to finding comfort from those around him, rather in the peace and quiet of nature. Trust can easily be broken and Hikari Kūri would prefer to simply avoid the hurt that comes with it. This is also wary of others due to paranoia of being manipulated. It's probably his worst nightmare - being manipulated into hurting others or the things around him.

Hikari Kūri is a rather hopeful being. Although he can see the worst in everything, this kit clings into the strands of hope. He likes to believe everything will come together rather than fall into despair. He has seen many people simply fade away and freeze in a snow storm as they realise their fate, it haunts him that people can so easily loose hope and give in. These sites have made Hikari Kūri cling to hope than rather be so easily manipulated into despair.

Hikari Kūri is also extremely spiritual. Though it is not based on any religion, like Shintoism or Christianity', Hikari Kūri believes in praying for better events. He, himself, isn't too sure why he does it. It just became a habit after watching the many shinto ceremonies that take place - 'his human' is miko (a shinto shrine maid) so he often prays with her while he's hidden in her robes.
Why do wish to have him?
beauty || love || personal || artistic

Hikari Kūri would be my first Yozora Kitsune, so it's always amazing winning your first adopt in another species. I always think you have more of a connection with your first something. Like my first male OC - I've never let him go!

Even though Kūri would be my first Kit, I think there's so much more to him. I've always had a love for kitsune and Japanese mythology. My best friend and I have a clan system, my 'clan' being kitsune. I fell in love with this species at first sight and finding that 'special one' is always a big challenge for me. I originally wanted a black, red and white colour scheme but none of them did it for me. This one, however, did!
    I really love the colour scheme but the fact that he's based on water, ice and snow means a lot too. I apologise for my sob story but 2 years ago my house burnt down and I became extremely pyrophobic. It really makes things difficult to do when you're set off by someone even mentioning the chance of something setting alight. Due to my fear I immediately clung to anything that could be considered the opposite of fire - water. So, to me, Hikari Kūri would represent a little bit of peace.

Anyway, enough of that.

On an artistic level I think he's really fantastic! I love the way everything blends in together yet contrasts - like snow, in a way. I could ramble on about how I think the darker pattern might represent an arctic wind flowing along freezing snows, hiding the beauty of nature, for ages. It actually inspired me to write his personality. You could also say that these darker lines represent the veins of water that start to run as the snows start to melt, like the waterfall cracking in the film Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

I really love the way you picked up his eye colour with his beads and stars. It's very striking and seems to contrast even though you used a monochromatic theme. I particularly love the fact that he's so light. If I was using the colour palettes used, I would have gone for the bolder blues against the dark, cold greys. I really have fallen in love with this kit.

Humanoid Form:
Traditional Japanese kimono / Shinto inspired

Hikari Kūri's humanoid design is based off the traditional kimono worn by men and Japanese mythology. His skin is incredibly pale, almost white. This was originally based on his pale fur also connects to a yōkai (ghost/deamon) known as Yuki onna. Yuki onna is a beautiful woman with snow white skin who appears to travelers trapped in snowstorms, and uses her icy breath to leave them as frost-coated corpses. Her inhumanly pale or even transparent skin makes her blend into the snowy landscape. His pale over kimono/jacket is from the overrall worn by shinto priests - a Reisō. I made the sleeves shorter and added another kimono that is tied with a bright blue obi. He does not wear tabi because he is not affected by the cold.

His prayer beads are made of the stars and beads which surround him as a kitsune. Kūri also keeps his ears and tails in his humanoid form, with the beads still wrapped and attached to them. His hair is pale and textured. It spikes outwards but flops down and keeps a pale blue tint to it.

Story:
Set in a Shintō shrine of Hokkaido

A cool breeze swept through the shrine as the snow began to fall. A lone miko was praying to the enshrined gods before turning to watch the snow. A small sigh left the girl as she left towards her room, swinging her prayer beads.

Most of the other shrine maids had left for the winter, only returning on important dates, but she stayed. Someone had to look after the gods during the winter. Or at least that's what she said. It's probably more accurate to say that she had no one to return to. Her family back in Kyoto were too busy running the geisha houses - somewhere she would rather not return. Although she admired the beauty of the girls, Atsuko found refuge in the shrines of Hokkaido. The northern lands were often snowy and cold, especially during winter, a time which she preferred no matter how contrasting to her name.

As she shuffled towards along the boards she noticed something. The maid stopped, staring towards a small being in the middle of the walkway. "Kuraokami?" Atsuko titled her head. She supposed it was the right time of the year for a dragon and god of snow to be around, but this thing was far to small to be a dragon!, "A yukionna?" Atsuko doubted that a demonic snow woman would come for her as such a small thing, or rather, in the middle of a shrine.

Atsuko stepped, peering at the creature. It turned and blinked up at her as she knelt down to inspect it. "A kitsune?!" Atsuko noticed the fox like features and glowing beads as she scrambled back. She had heard the legends of kitsune and was suddenly unsure if how to approach such a delicate thing.

"Ugh," She looked around, maybe there were more here that she hadn't noticed, "Can I help me?" The miko pushed back some hair behind her ear and she crawled towards the kitsune. It blinked at her before cowering back and hissing. "Ahh, let me get you something warm." The girl suddenly leapt to her feet, jumped over the kitsune and ran off, leaving the poor thing cowering and confused.

She quickly returned holding a small rice bowl in both hands. Steam slowly rose above the bowl as she precariously placed it on the ground. "Here, maybe some rice will help." Atsuko muttered, pulling out some chopsticks of her belt and picking up a small bit. She held the sticky bundle of 5 grains towards the kitsune, gesturing for him to take a bite. However, he didn't seem to agree to it. A large amount of hissing and grumbling came from its tiny body before settling down and glaring at the rice. A small sigh left the girl as she set the chopsticks down and sat down. "If that's how you want to be." Atsuko crossed her legs and turned to watch the snow, "do what you want."

Atsuko huffed and pulled out her prayer beads, deliberately ignoring the kitsune. It was her part f her childish plan to make friends with the creature in some kind of smug victory. If he left, then he left, there's nothing more she could do about it. However, she hoped that he would stay, she was lonely and wanted company as she went about her chores or prayed to deities of the shrine.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed the kistune approaching. Maybe he had given in? Atsuko pretended not to notice as he gently nosed at her beads. Titling his head, the creature placed a paw on the item causing a small glow along the beads. Atsuko quickly snapped her head round to watch what he was doing. The glow quickly faded as he removed his paw with a snort and sauntered into her sleeve. Her beads were now an icy blue and cold to the touch.

"Why'd you do that, mister?" She flopped over to try and peer into her sleeve. The kitsune was smugly lying in it as she squinted at him. A small snort was the only reply as she stood up. "You better move, gonna be uncomfortable ride there." Atsuko held out a hand for the kitsune to crawl into and be placed on her shoulder.
Credits and Art:
Just so you know~

Last edited by driftingsakura on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:39 pm, edited 11 times in total.

My best friend is QuantumNightmare, I love them to bits~

Full time art student, ask me about free art

"The only thing we're allowed to do is to believe that we won't regret the choice we made." - Levi, SNK

"The power of imagination is what changes everything." - Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World)
driftingsakura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wyrdwurm » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:26 am

Username:
lunamoth19
Name:
Kouri
Meaning: Ice in Japanese
I chose a name of ice not just because of her cold colors but also because of her personality.
Personality
Kouri is a cold to the outside world. So much time alone has made her untrusting, putting survival before trust though deep inside her a warm flame glows for those who have broken through her icey exterior. She longs for acceptance but throws up an icey shield around her heart in fear of being hurt.
Why do wish to have him?
I want her partially because she is based partially on Kitsunes and also because of her art and how I have I invisioned her after reading her intro. I have been big into Kitsunes for a while, my own fursona even being mostly Kitsune and I have found the idea of these guys adorable. The color palettes used for this one were very will thought out and mixed beutifuly to create not just a white fox creature but a goddess of snow. This is the second Yozora Kitsune I am trying to adopt, so far none successfully adopted. and finding her on her end day I just had to give this my best on short notice. also I can't read apparently and mixed June and July up, so who knows maybe the creature would like a scatterbrained owner like me lol.
Other:
The world as cold as ice
People walking people talking
But ner a word is spoken
What has become of this world
Where the common thing
Is to bat an eye
Born from the burning sun
This is not what I want
This cold space
I want the warmth
Of a warm imbreace
Where so I belong?
Last edited by wyrdwurm on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
wyrdwurm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fantasy girl » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:33 am

Reservering for my form <3
A dear friend | The Soap | Wifey | Twin sister | Precious Gosling
➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳
WMEs | CKs | W.O.I |Short story gallery | My 200 WME Challenge | My dA | The Equid Gifting Game

Misc. wrote:Song; Houses - Beginnings
Thinking; hhhhhhhh I'll start my full lease on a horse 15th of September, so excited

➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳ ➳

fantasy girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby incarna » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:57 am

❖USERNAME❖:
alcor

❖NAME❖:
His name would be Yujin 友人. It means "friend" in Japanese.

❖GENDER❖:
Male.

❖PERSONALITY❖:
Ever since he landed a long time ago, Yujin has had a strange fascination with humans. Despite his mysterious nature, he is a very kind person. He hardly ever lies, but rather doesn't give straight answers and therefore leaves others to make the final judgement themselves. He has little knowledge over their behavior and culture. Yujin is very curious, and asks amusing questions, and has some faith in humans as well.

❖WHY DO YOU WISH TO HAVE HIM❖?
Yujin reminds me so much of somebody I'd like to meet, but have never and will probably never meet. He is kind, curious, interesting and may act like a child, but, incredibly, is still mysteriously amusing. Finding that kind of person isn't common, so I've created him here. On the artist's part, I find the winter scheme amazing.

❖OTHER❖:

Winter's reach had grown far. The park was covered in snow, - a cold, thick blanket that softened under the Kitsune's body. A breath of hot air whisked away in the cold night, and Yujin blinked awake. Under delicate white lashes, his curious blue eyes peered out into the glow of a nearby street lamp.

"Ah. I fell asleep."

A flake of snow fell from his eyes, turning the winter scene into thousands of crystals. The words hung in the air as the Kitsune's lids threatened to close.

A flash of bright light changed his mind.

"Mom! I think I found something!" Called a voice. A human girl held a device in her hands, emitting a harsh yellow beam of light into his eyes. The glow in his pelt was dim in comparison.

Another human came into view. This one was taller, but somehow they looked similar. They both had long brown hair on their heads and fair skin, as well as bright green eyes. They had sandy fur draped upon their shoulders, and claws hidden in dark leather.

"It looks like some sort of white squirrel," the tall one said, but the girl frowned. She squinted in the light beam, then suddenly shut the contraption off.

Yujin blinked rapidly, his blue eyes diluting as the soft glow around him became clearer tot he humans. They gasped, and the tall one put her arm around the girl.

"Mom, let me go see!" The brown haired girl said suddenly, and with curious eyes she climbed up the tree like a squirrel. The tall one put her paw to cover her mouth, eyes wide and not saying a word.

The leaves rustled, and a tangled mop of hair peeked out, followed by the girl's head and green eyes. She stared in awe at Yujin, who was standing up now.

"Who are you?" came the whisper. Yujin said nothing, but lowered his head. The human child's paw was soft and gentle, running up his white pelt coming to a startled stop on one of his beads.

"They're very pretty." the girl continued. "Where did you get them?" Then she stopped, removed her hand, and held out a finger. Yujin followed her.

"I'm Erin! Do you have a name? Well, it doesn't really matter. Do you want to come home with me? We can be best friends." Erin the human grinned up at him, but still the Kitsune made no sound.

"You can't understand me?" said the voice a little sad now.

Yujin's fur rustled in the night breeze.. His glow flickered as he met the girl's bright green eyes. "Hello, Erin. My name is Yujin."
Minutes later, the heart of the human waiting below had nearly stopped when Erin clambered softly down, with the Kitsune in her palm.

"It's okay, Mom," said the little girl. "He won't hurt you. He's Yujin - my friend."

The Kitsune's ears perked up.

"What is a friend?"

In winter's pale, fading light
Three emerge from the night:
One disbelieving,
The second joyfully breathing,
And the last blinking
His curious, blue eyes.

tbc...
Last edited by incarna on Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:40 am, edited 17 times in total.

about me: engineering + art + rp
    comms: closed :)
    collecting: any and all 2018 circus items; wl snakes and foxes
    talk to me about: anything d&d, art, art trades, blorbos
    other sites: tumblr
incarna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups