Artist r e n [gallery]
Time spent 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
16 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Rated R

JMD #36

Postby r e n » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:14 am

nσw whαt єхαctlч ís α jєwєl mαnє drαgσn?
A Jewel Mane Dragon is a large creature with jewels on their foreheads and tails.They eat mostly small mammals such as birds, squirrels, and rabbits. The fur on their back, hind, and front legs feel like the softest of silk and is pretty short. The fur around their neck (Also know as their mane) and tail is very soft, fluffy, and long. Jewel mane Dragons mostly keep to themselves but when they find someone they like the grow very attached, loyal, and talkative. They're all slightly bigger than a mustang but some grow to be as large as a elephant. All Jewel Mane Dragons have jewels at the end of their tail and on their forehead, there's really no exception to that rule. The jewel on their tail is used as a weapon in combat and hunting, while the jewel on their forehead is used during mating season to attract females.

Well, I got asked for horse, I got asked for blue. This happened.
I'm still not happy with the blue e.o I tried swirls, strips, spots and scales.

My first adopt as guest artist! squee!
This is going to be a long contest, because I want effort!

So, without further ado, onto the form!

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:

I like prettifying, but not over-the-top-ness. Im looking for effort and creativity, extras are welcome. in fact, extras are mandatory.

This ends on the 30th of March!
Long enough?
Last edited by r e n on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
╔════════════ © ═══════════╗
PansexualX They Them pronouns
Call me Mica
Call me your King

x Master x irl friend x irl friend x

my deviantart / my tumblr {language warning}
╚══════════════════════════╝
Image Image
r e n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: JMD #36

Postby inner Animal » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:21 am

[quote='Quick summery']Username:
Name:

I'm placing my reserved spot right here so I can think of ideas.
Last edited by inner Animal on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
inner Animal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Champagne » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:25 am

What a pretty gal.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

About Me wrote:Joined in 2008; Owns 5 JBDs and 1 Kiamara
ImageImageImage
Champagne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby r e n » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:29 am

Hehehehe thanks guys <3 Its actually finished now but I need to edit my post and think of a form... owo
Call me Mica
Call me your King

Image Image
r e n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby inner Animal » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:34 am

No problem. It's just so pretty I know I need a male but, it's hard to imagine him without eyelashes. I can't resist I just have to win her, cause I'm pretty sure I'm in love with her. x3
inner Animal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby r e n » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:36 am

FORMS UP!

Hmm, I know what you mean. I can edit and take off the eyelashes so you can see it, if you like. Please PM me the answer, cause I dont want to spam up this thread.
Call me Mica
Call me your King

Image Image
r e n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby knifedoq » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:40 am

Username;;
f r o s t

Name;;
Pinto

Gender;;
male

Personality;;
Pinto is a quiet boy. He prefers being inside than outside, and tries to read whenever he can.
His adopted sister, Sav always is always playing loud music, hence the hatred for loud things. His favorite
place to be is most likely the forest or the library, but where ever he goes, there is always something
loud going on.

Quirk;;
When Pinto sees something dirty, he washes his paws even if he never even touched it.

Likes wrote:~Libraries
~Nature
~Sissy Sav
~The beach at night
~Books
~His laptop
~Classical music
~Cats
<<< Likes|Dislikes >>>
Dislikes wrote:~Loud dance music
~Sav's music
~Dance parties
~dogs
~Dirtiness

Voice;;
A medium voice, he talks like a western, but he has an Australian accent.

What frosty thinks of when looking at him;;
Pinto horsey

Art;;
wippy wippy wippy

Why frosty wants him;;

tis a smexy beast lol no

First thing I saw and thought of was, "oooh, Sav is gonna have a friendy!"
And, "he's a handsome oe, yes yes, pwetty boy, indeed!"
So basically, he is beautiful. And, if this wish came trueI
'd be jumping around like a crazy cat that's had too much
catnip! So, I know there will be very many amazing forms
too, and I've lost many times, to other forms.
I know I may not have him, or deserve him, even. But if this
came true, it would be a huge honor to own him

wippy wippy wippy
Last edited by knifedoq on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
knife - they/them - gay nb - adult
im not really on here anymore
knifedoq

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

never to hear again; all the world is silent.

Postby Rated R » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:45 am

Silent Night
________
s
i
l
e
n
c
e

________

The Deaf One
Sɪʟᴇɴᴛ Nɪɢʜᴛ, Hᴏʟʏ Nɪɢʜᴛ
Aʟʟ ɪs Cᴀʟᴍ, Aʟʟ ɪs Bʀɪɢʜᴛ

- Jᴏsᴇᴘʜ Mᴏʜʀ

Lonely, she stood in the dimly lit sky, the moon wishing not to show its true power. The lacing patterns of the occasional blue on her brown fur gleaming silently in the bit of light provided in the midst of the dark sky. Yes, silently.
This is Silent Night.

Her chestnut and white was hidden in the dark hues of the night settled in. All that was present was her sky blue, so unlike the night sky. Her name in itself, with her daytime blue, was oxymoronic. The silence, yes, that was true, as she saw so much in the world, yet heard nothing; not even the song for which she was named was clear in her head. Night was her favorite time of day, due to its natural stillness in the world, no need to have the ability to hear to enjoy it. This exotic yet natural dragon was born on February 29th.

Tʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ʙʏ ᴅᴀʏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴏɢɴɪᴢᴀɴᴛ
ᴏғ ᴍᴀɴʏ ᴛʜɪɴɢs ᴡʜɪᴄʜ
ᴇsᴄᴀᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ ʙʏ ɴɪɢʜᴛ.

- Eᴅɢᴀʀ Aʟʟᴇɴ Pᴏᴇ

Such deep and meaningful quotes are the only thing that keep Silent together. She may read it however she wishes in her mind and no one needs to hear it. Speaking, like hearing, was nonexistent to Silent. Being mute and deaf aren't very helpful to friendship and therefore she has made no friends, but it is also the reason why she has no enemies. At least, she doesn't believe she has enemies. She hasn't been bullied by anyone, although she is a good target. Personality wise, Silent is deep and passionate, and her only form of communication is through sign language and poetry. She can read lips, making it easier for others to speak to her. It makes conversing fun if she writes a poem and the other dragons have to figure out what she says. Usually they consist of small verses, two to four lines. But its possible, if she were to ever find a mate, that she may be able to utter a sound or two from her rarely open mouth. She gasps and rarely laughs, due to the lack of friends, but if triggered, she is not afraid to laugh.
I'ᴍ ᴡᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ
I ғᴇᴇʟ ɪᴛ ɪɴ ᴍʏ ʙᴏɴᴇs,
Eɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴍʏ sʏsᴛᴇᴍs ʙʟᴏᴡ.

- Iᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇ Dʀᴀɢᴏɴs;
Rᴇɴᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴ ʙʏ Pᴇɴᴛᴀᴛᴏɴɪx ᴀɴᴅ Lɪɴᴅsᴇʏ Sᴛɪʀʟɪɴɢ

The sounds of the voices in the chorus of this rendition of the absolutely soulfully done song easily proves to show all of Silent's emotion throughout the average silent day. The rich, low underlying tones of the male singers carry throughout the song and aid in creating the sounds of instruments, and their feeling and clear passion and lengthy sounds exemplify Silent's constant hidden sadness and loss of hope that is woven within her fur. Her need to hear again is omnipresent, constantly poking at her and reminding her throughout the day that she could have been able to hear someone's laugh or someone's sobbing or the fluctuations in the voices. She herself could have been able to hear her own voice. She longs to hear the tiniest of sounds that hearing dragons take for granted.
Throughout her day, Silent always finds time to practice her musical instrument, the ocarina. The talented violin incorporated into this cover of the original song illustrates her passion for music and it only makes her wish to hear more, yet she continues with this strange passion. Her heart is where her soul is, and her soul is with sound. If only, if only, Silent often thinks.
At the age of thirteen, Silent found herself drifting away from jewel maned dragons more than ever. She was quite the antisocial and almost found herself falling into the wrath of drugs to cope with all of the sweltering mixed feelings. Luckily, Silent caught herself from falling into the pit and she realized she was better off away from others, continuing to keep to herself. Silent ran away from home, yet her mother knew she was still attending classes, so she was not worried for her capable mute daughter. Now at sixteen, Silent finds herself working and keeping herself together, emotionally, financially, and physically.

________
s
h
h
h

________

Silent finds writing and art to be the only means of calming herself and forgetting that she cannot hear the world around her. She loves to draw and keep herself busy from reality. The fact that she's openly deaf drives most dragons away from her, especially since most can't understand her deep poetry and her sign language.

Silent likes to keep herself hidden and in the dark due to her insecurity about her deaf and mute characteristics. At first, she felt proud about being different and not being like everyone else; being deaf was great and it made her unique. But quickly, she realized that being open about something like this only made it harder to find friends, as everyone would constantly avoid her.
Other than the usual personality traits, Silent enjoys playing the ocarina. It is a small woodwind, flute-like instrument with a haunting and hollow melodic sound. She keeps it with her and can feel the vibrations of the notes when she plays. Although she cannot hear herself, she knows when she makes a mistake, but what she doesn't know is that she sounds enchanting. Her ability to play the instrument and be deaf makes watching her play more intriguing. This is one of the few ways she interacts with dragons as well; through allowing them to listen to her play.
Silent also likes to watch horses. Due to her natural paint coloration, Silent finds herself associating with the wild horses. Since she is large and different, if she is seen the horses run away, but just watching them gallop so freely without a care in the world makes Silent happy. It's one of the few times she will show a sign of a smile, even if it is just the slight movement of the right corner of her small mouth. One of her favorite songs to play on the ocarina is a sweet lullaby about horses.

Wʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ
Yᴏᴜ sʜᴀʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ
Aʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʜᴏʀsᴇs.
Dᴀᴘᴘʟᴇs ᴀɴᴅ Gʀᴇʏs
Pɪɴᴛᴏs ᴀɴᴅ Bᴀʏs
Aʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ Pʀᴇᴛᴛʏ Lɪᴛᴛᴇ Hᴏʀsᴇs.

- Rᴇɴᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴ Bʏ Bᴇᴄᴋʏ Jᴇᴀɴ Wɪʟʟɪᴀᴍs

She can hear this one melody in her mind, as she was born slowly losing her hearing. Those final moments at the age of four, her eyes slowly glazing over with dampness. Her left ear gone, her right one ever so painfully succumbing to the land of silence. The first tear quietly tipping over the edge of her left eye, making it's slow way to her jaw line, readying itself for the jump off, leaving a wet trail in her fur, the tear the color of her jewel. Her mother, holding her close, as she watched her young one endure a painful journey into a new life. One without music, one without sound. Her mother singing softly, and quietly to her young one. Silent's mouth opened ever so slightly as if to say something but she couldn't. Her eyes closing as she struggled to hear that last verse. That last verse that symbolized losing so much in her life, although in song it meant the gaining of freedom.

Aʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʜᴏʀsᴇs.

and all was gone.

i am really interested in adopting Silent Night.
she is my dreamie, and i never say that. go ahead and look through my posts.
i will keep her active through role-play, the fan club, and story writing.
i feel a connection to her. i cannot explain it.

the association to the song at the end; that song makes me cry every time.
please play the song as you read the form; particularly the last paragraph.
well, play any of the songs in this form.
all are stunning in their own ways.
the whole post includes the personality and extras.
this last paragraph is the small story of the last few minutes before she lost
all of her hearing. this is an extra.
the drawing to the side is an extra. the lines and coloring is mine.
i added the link to the lullaby in the penultimate quotation.
please take the time to listen to it; i find it beautiful.
thank you for reading and good luck to all.
and thank you to NightGaze for this art-bomb.
Last edited by Rated R on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:25 am, edited 13 times in total.
woah guys, i'm back, after a very long time.
missed this place <3
my wmes
Rated R

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bsktcase » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:50 am

Username:~Sandkit~ but, please call me Sand or Sandy
Name:Cow Bell
Personality:She is Outgoing, Blod, Sweet, Loving, Sharing, Caring, Tough Brave, Kind, Nice, Bubblie and Mysterious at times
bsktcase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ғαℓℓɛи Ƨтαяƨ » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:00 am

CODE: SELECT ALL
Username:
Name: Loma Grandè

Reserve!!

THE_Ω_GREAT_Ω_LOMA _Ω_GRANDÈ

"The Way I Started Live,Was A Dream.."

My Name Is The Great Loma Grandè And Will Always Be That Way.

My name means Great Mountain in Latin. I was named that since I was bred to serve and carry tourists up the mountains of Mexico. It wasn't a fun job, not at all, my wings ached and my back was a wreck. People came just to ride me. The cameras hurt my eyes, the attention frightened me. I would not show myself to the public since everyone would awe at my wings, my mane. People called me a griffin, Flying horse, everything but what I really was, A Jewel Mane Dragon, a rare species. My jewel was admired so, I was auctioned off to a stuffy rich kid and made to dress in saddles made of gold, which weighed more then me. And I had to do what ever she said. I was a mountain Dragon not made to be pampered like others, this truly irked me so. So I bursted, I used my Jewel Power again my owner. I was given off into the wild. So I flew off to continue my early job, but when I arrived they had a replacement. A pink jewel. With a pink body and a green mane, solid gold Vines surrounded her legs and tail. Pink Dust, She look miserable, She was made for the Mountains, Like me..

Female, I am a Female, Nothing better then being the first off the Titanic. I'm a tough gal with alot of life left in me, I hope, no Gun nor knife will take me down, if you wanna mess with me. I guarantee you won't be seeing the light of day ever again. And you better be worried If I say that to you..

Last edited by Ғαℓℓɛи Ƨтαяƨ on Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
who doesn't love Marcel? <3

PEWWWWWWWDIEPIE <3
Code: Select all
[color=#FF00BF][center]♪✯[size=85]insert text here[/size]✯♪

☂Ғαℓℓɛи Ƨтαяƨ[/center][/color]
Ғαℓℓɛи Ƨтαяƨ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups