Re: Kalon #187

Postby HellyBoo » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:53 pm

Username: the one and only HellyBoo
Name: Kaiser
Event: It was the night before Kaisers birthday and he and his friends had already planned a hectic night. He readied himself and he left for the open paddock. He soon met with all his friends, they had already planned a small party though within a few hours, small turned large and the group had began to set up the fireworks that they'd illegally brought.

Kaiser was placing them in the ground and readying them to be set in the next half hour or so. But one of his best friends ran up without Kai knowing and lit them all on fire. Kaiser kept setting them up, clueless of what was about to happen.

Within seconds, the fireworks exploded, knocking Kaiser backwards, him letting out a loud cry as hundreds of fireworks exploded right in front of him, banging and popping and sizzling around him. As the sound died down, one of his friends raced over to him and began to talk to him but Kai was unable to hear him.

As time past, Kaiser got some of his hearing back but for the most part, he couldn't hear fully and it impacts him a lot, having to give up his dream, of becoming an air show pilot, being able to fly jet planes. He has since lost all of his friends, blocking out the world and losing his trust in most Kalons.

Kaiser attempts to Learn to read lips and has begun trying to master reading body languages and a situation. As his hearing has gone, minus a small pitches which Kalons are lucky to talk in. Unless you talk loudly, it's impossible for Kai to hear you. Kaiser doesn't talk much, resulting in people believing he lost the ability to talk.
Last edited by HellyBoo on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{ ~ My Beautiful Viscets ~ } | { ~ My Kalons ~ }

Guys I'm away for a while. I've turned off messages for a few days just to gather my thoughts and re assess my life inside CS and the Kalon community. I'm sorry if I've let anyone down. Im sorry.
HellyBoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby merraki » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:47 pm

possible res
note: on a pretty big hiatus due to school; if I'm ignoring you it's nothing personal! just very busy, haha - I'll still pop regularly to check up on things if anyone needs me. ♡Image
previously cyathea || noot || my deviantart || icon credit
british || ravenclaw || infj || female || wannabee writer || student
merraki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:33 am

mark
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iBrevity » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:15 am

how did I just see this bab o m g

Username: iBrevity
Name: Augusto
Event:
Word that Augusto's father lay dead reached him over breakfast. He chased a ribbon of eggs across his plate when suddenly a page burst into the room, panting, her eyes bright with fear. Augusto blinked at her and his fork drooped and when she said, in a single rush of air, "King Guiseppe is dead," Augusto felt only an odd unease that if he did not finish his eggs, no one else would.

Augusto, third in line for the throne, quite suddenly found himself first. His paternal uncle, missing and later discovered halfway across the world, renounced the kingdom; his elder brother, immersed in his studies, scarcely looked up from his papers when he said no thank you. King Guiseppe had never been well-loved, too hard on his sons, too distant from his brother; while the castle scoured the family tree to find an heir the cities prayed for a better king. Anyone, they thought, would be better than Guiseppe.

Augusto was interrupted again at lunch. The high council came to him, somber in their robes and quiet looks, and said, "It must be you."

"Excuse me?" Augusto said.

One magistrate bowed and then a second, younger one dropped to his knees. They all followed suit then, a domino effect, until all twelve knelt before him. Augusto, wearing cut-off jean shorts and an annoyed smile, had no chance to speak before the men intoned in a single voice, "The king is dead. Long live the king."

Augusto felt a real surge of panic. His smile wilted. "Wait," he began, but the men said again, louder this time, over his attempts to stop them, "Long live King Augusto."

Dinner found Augusto being fit for the ceremonial robes of a new king, despite how he kept smacking the dressmaker's hands.
[298/300]

[art by Baylin]

brev [she/her]

kalon moderator
approvals are -- closed
iBrevity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HellyBoo » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:08 pm

Super pumped. Goodluck all!! :)
{ ~ My Beautiful Viscets ~ } | { ~ My Kalons ~ }

Guys I'm away for a while. I've turned off messages for a few days just to gather my thoughts and re assess my life inside CS and the Kalon community. I'm sorry if I've let anyone down. Im sorry.
HellyBoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby M00N » Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:39 pm

.Seijuu::. wrote:
❀ Username: .Seijuu::.
❀ Name: Kaela
❀ Gender: Female

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀
A distressed yelp escaped me as I rushed down my slippery wood floor towards the closet. I nudged the white door open, my paws frantically pushing piles of clothes to the side. As slush splatted against the window panes of my living room, I sprinted back, umbrella now in tow, towards the patio. I had to save my sunflower.

In Mother Nature’s arsenal of weapons, the most frustrating is hail. This menace rains down from the frigid melancholy skies all spring, threatening to ravage your foliage. My little tale starts a year ago, when my ongoing love affair with all things floral reached its peak. This passion for greenery was neither new nor has it slowed. Yet, the failed endeavor with a mammoth sunflower still shines out in stunning clarity.

Working hard towards something, guarding it or protecting it, does not always ensure results. I tending the floral babe daily, observing with maternal care as a small sprout lengthened into a tall proud stalk.… and once it bloomed, my disappointment was palpable. Sunflowers are beautiful giants, yet mine was a meek yellow daisy - the lack of grandeur oddly in contrast to the amount of love poured into it. So, I abandoned my project. When my hopes cascaded into disappointing oblivion, I left the poor being to wither while its dehydrated roots retracted into dust.

Among the thousands of obstacles I’ve overcome, the most simplistic and fulfilling event occurred in my backyard. It taught me to value my work instead of the outcome, to cherish what I have regardless of the unexpected forms it may come in. Most of all, I learned that mistakes are inevitable, that opportunities are wasted, but to never again allow myself to idly sit by and watch it happen.

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

Congratulations!

Koi97, hellyboo, and ibrevity will all receive honorable mentions!
Last edited by M00N on Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
xxxxxxxxxxxx
⚝ Sam ⚝
⚝ She/her ⚝

[kalons]
[deviantart]
xxxxxxxxxxxx
M00N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes