Re: WME: Pinto

Postby Wlyrout » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:03 am

Owner: commie
Equid Name: Painted Copper (Copper)
Equid Age: 4
Describe how you feel about me as an artist?
I speak the truth!

You are really one of Chicken Smoothie's best artists, in my opinion. Your designs are beautiful, your lines are perfectly curved and never choppy... it's clear you put time and effort into each of your drawings. My favorite piece of yours is a more recent one. It's of an 8-hooved equine. The pose shows defiance and grace (as well as showcasing all 8 of those hooves- how in the world did you do that!?) and the design is strong and powerful. viewtopic.php?t=1212867

I discovered you long before you began designing these WMEs. This was the first artwork of yours that I saw: viewtopic.php?t=731751. It wasn't exactly a masterpiece, but it was so adorable and small. Looking back on it today, I realize how you've grown as an artist. Perhaps someday I will be up there with all those "top" artists: TWG90, Apache, Neara, Panacea, horsy, and you. Your drawings (especially your horses/equines) amaze me, and I hope to someday reach your level of quality.
wly ♡ uni student ♡ she/her

my kalon
Wlyrout

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby x-Birch-x » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:20 am

yes you are allowed to edit
Hey guys, I check in here once in a while. If you need anything feel free to shoot me a PM!

x-Birch-x

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scarlip » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:39 am

Oh awesome, thanks a ton! ^^
There's so many things I wanted to add but couldn't, cause my DSi is stupid. x)
Scarlip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mawsoleum » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:08 am

Owner: Koiyote
Equid Name: Ahote or Coyote, I haven't decided yet.
Equid Age: 5.
Describe how you feel about me as an artist? Okay, here we go. I'm sorry if I get disorganized in this, answering questions directly can actually be a downfall for me. I'll try my hardest!

I'll start with the first question. I discovered you art through chickensmoothie in a somewhat random way. First I saw your oekaki around those boards, I looked at them and moved on. That's how I do with most oekaki, I think the pictures are nice but I generally don't comment. The only oekaki I tend to comment on are close friends, so please don't feel insulted by this! Well, after a bit of that I found this thread. After looking through the designs I noticed your name again, tied the oekaki and designs together, and figured out who you were. From then on I enjoyed looking at your designs, I've wanted to go for quite a few but most were already closed or the ending date was too soon. As for the art itself, I think it's lovely. It looks like you put a lot of effort in to it, of course you're the only one who truly knows. The shading and colouring looks smooth on your traditional work, something that I can struggle with a lot! It's very impressive to see smooth colouring, especially, since I know how much of a pain it can be to make it look good. So in short; I think it looks like you put effort in to it, yes.

Actually, yes, I did see your paintings! The purple horse painting titled ' Let me run! ' is impressive as heck for your third try, let me say. I dabbled in paints for a while...it didn't last long. Paints and my hand do not work, your third is tons better than my more recent paintings. (I've done about...eh fourteen or so now.) Paint is a very hard medium to master, and I hope you'll continue to grow with it! One thing I love about the painting is the way you managed to fade a strong color in to white very fluidly, I've always had a hard time doing things like that. I also enjoyed looking through the statues you painted; another impressive feat. Those things have ALWAYS given me trouble.

As for your improvement as an artist, yes you have. From your first oekaki drawings and designs to now, the improvement is extremely obvious. The drawings have a better grip of anatomy and the like, and the designs are mroe than just colors thrown on. I adore the designs you make, which is why I'm trying out for this beauty! I think you've got great skill, and drawing horses is quite a challenge. I respect people who can draw horses, their bodies are so different and difficult to grasp. I hope you continue with them, I'd love to see your works in a year or so. They'll probably have improved even more, I know I love looking back at my old things to see how I've grown. I wish you luck with your horses, keep pursuing them further!

If you weren't an artist would I still want your designs? Hail yes. As I mentioned up in that paragraph above, your designs are STUNNING. That's why I'm so psyched for this one! If this were just a regular horse design I would still want it. The markings are lovely, the colors are smooth, and the choice of placement of everything is wonderful. I also really love the touch of adding a more transparent ring around the blotches of brown color, that is so fun to draw and look at. My thing is this: When I see a design, a personality and name should pop up to me very soon after. If they don't, the design isn't important enough for me and I shouldn't have it. Well, as you can see from my name form up there, I couldn't even pick a name! 4 names actually came to mind for this one, but I slimmed it down to the two that rest up there. If I win I'll have to pick, maybe a randomizer or something, haha. You seem tp pay a lot of detail to your designs, adding little things that are amazing such as the pink spots, they already mentioned semi-transparent rings, the stripes on the tail to add composition, and the gradient-ish look of the brown getting darker as it goes down. This design is really stunning, and it'll be much easier to draw than say, a tan Equid. I have tons of brown pencils, whoo! So all this said, yes I would most definitely adopt from you if you weren't signed with WME.

As for comparing to a better artist, not really. First off, I tend to only compare myself to better artists. I can't think of a time when I've looked at someone else's art and thought " You know, this person isn't as good as this person. " I just really haven't. I compare myself to other artists a lot, but I find it sort of rude to compare other people to other artists, especially if they don't want to be compared. I can be rude to myself, lol. And for why you do art, the last question. To be frank and honest; no I do not. I don't know your brain, but I can always take a few guesses. I do art because it's something to do when I'm bored, I find it fun, and I love animals and creating things. So maybe you're the same reason? I know you love horses, so maybe you draw because of that? It is fun, so I think that's another reason. i think every artist probably does art for fun in some ways, otherwise it's not enjoyable for them. So I can't really directly answer this question, sorry about that.

Okay, and I think that's about all I have to say. I hope I answered the questions okay, I probably went off track a lot but I tried my hardest. xD

Thanks for a chance at this beauty!

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
mawsoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~*WinterWolf*~ » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:28 am

Owner: ~*WinterWolf*~
Equid Name: Daze
Equid Age: 3 years
Describe how you feel about me as an artist? i discovered your art of WMEs and then looked in your gallery..i think your effort is great and that the piece turns out amazing. i have only seen your digital art, and i agree that you have improved over time. if you didn't do WMEs i would still adore your art, but i probably wouldn't have discovered your gallery. i have never compared you to a better artist because i think you're already amazing! i don't know why you do art in general. i assume it's just because you enjoy doing it, and for a little venting, like me.
ImageImageImage Image Image
ImageImageImage Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image
~*WinterWolf*~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby y i n » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:47 am

I didn't even get to post my form! *Sigh* what ever...
y i n

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackhoeses » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:14 am

congrars Koiyote

xxxxxxxxxxxx
✼ "Beauty is, as beauty does.
That is not a name.
Yes it is Beauty. Black beauty " ✼

Hodgepodge FarmRange Trotters
Nutty Horse RanchWhite Champion's Valdiac Barns
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

blackhoeses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mawsoleum » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:49 pm

asdfghjkl; just noticed this. ;o;

Thank you so much, I'll love him! His name is officially Ahote ( Aah-hoe-tay ), I chose between the two. c:

toyhouse
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
want wl sitting cats
𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪𓆩⟡𓆪
song of the month

hello!
you can call me grim or maw

they/them
post hardcore/hardcore/deathcore/metalcore obsessed
adult member
disc: mawsoleum
mawsoleum