Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Stars V.2 • Explore

Postby Macabre. » Mon May 06, 2024 12:37 pm

┌──────────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────────────────┐

𝕭𝖎𝖗𝖈𝖍𝕮𝖑𝖆𝖓

└──────────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────────────────────┘

Last PostLast Response ☆ #2nd Post

Map of Territory, to help visualize

Traveling through the birch grove was almost eerie. The way the trees all stood straight, with their stark black and white coloring. This Forest was filled with secrets, secrets Kazoo was eager to explore.

As they were traveling the border in the birch grove, Toadstrike scented the air and announced, “There's another cat up ahead.” FoxWhisper scented the air next, “MouseSpeck? Two friends in one day! How exciting!” She bounded ahead of the group, stopping in front of a speckled tabby.

“Why do you have a leaf on your head MouseSpeck?” FoxWhisper asked.

Kazoo and GreyPaw exchanged questioning glances, they did not see any leaf.

MouseSpeck pawed at her head, “oh dear, did I get it”

FoxWhisper purred, “Sure, of course you got it.”

MouseSpeck rolled her eyes, “there was never any leaf, was there.”

Purring a laugh, MouseSpeck explained. “I was only gathering herbs, I hope I’m not intruding.”

“Of course not,” FoxWhisper meowed, “It's a pleasure to see you.”

As the patrol continued on, Kazoo was baffled; he didn’t think FoxWhisper was such a prankster. ToadStrike interrupted Kazoo's thoughts. “Scent the air again, Kazoo. What do you smell?” Kazoo opened his mouth to scent the air automatically. “I’m not sure, I don't think I’ve ever smelled that before. It smells stale, big and dangerous though.”

“I’m not surprised you've never smelled a bear before. They are big and dangerous, don’t cross paths with one if you can help it.” FoxWhisper said from beside ToadStrike. “GreyPaw knows all about what a bear looks like,” FoxWhisper purrs.

“A bear freaks you out one time…” GreyPaw mumbled, scuffing the ground with his paws.

“Come on, we’re getting close to the tunnels, and that bear might still be around, they don't usually stick around after hibernating there, but it's good to be alert.” ToadStrike said, flicking his ears.

“These are the haunted tunnels” GreyPaw whispered to Kazoo, “There are ghosts in there, BoneFrost said so.”

Kazoo shivered, “So the tunnels really are haunted? Why would FoxWhisper say they weren't.”

“Because they're not haunted,” Fox Whisper interrupted, “those are just stories used to spook apprentices and kits.” ToadStrike stopped the patrol, turning to the rest of the group he said, “BoneFrost went in once, he won't say what he saw, only that something was in there. And sometimes I smell the stale scent of an unknown cat on the breeze coming out of the main cave.” He turned to continue with the patrol, “The caves are dangerous, don't go in there, they are on the border of the territory for a reason.”

“Don't worry he's just joking” FoxWhisper meowed as she passed Kazoo and GreyPaw.

“ToadStrike doesn't joke.” GreyPaw muttered, staring at Kazoo for a moment, then bounding after FoxWhisper and ToadStrike.

[wc: 459]

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

┌───────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────────────────┐
    ━ inventory
    prey | 1 FP | x0
    prey | 2 FP | x0
    prey | 2 FP | x1 mouse
    prey | 3 FP | x0
    prey | 3 FP | x0
    prey | 4 FP | x2 Bird

herb | x1 catchweed
    herb | x1 chickweed
    herb | x0
└───────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────────────────┘
┌─────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────────────┐
    ━ cats on patrol
    FoxWhisper | She/Her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
    Kazoo | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
    ToadStrike | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
    GreyPaw | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: Y/N
└─────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────────────┘

┌─────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────────────┐
    ━ Notes
    ☆ Second explore post!
    March Quest
    ☆ I choose 1 mouse for my "your choice x2fp"
    (already added to inventory)
    May Tasks
    ✅ Write an explore post without the word tail
    ✅ Play a cs-friendly prank on Mousespeck
└─────────────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────────────┘

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐
    ━ opted in to death?
    yes/no
└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘
┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐
    ━ level 1
    experience: 79/200xp
└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘
┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐
━ inventory items used
N/A
└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

𝕸𝖆𝖈𝖆𝖇𝖗𝖊.
╔════════════╗

╚════════════╝
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neon sparks » Wed May 08, 2024 6:55 pm

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
1 FP = Guppy, tadpoles, beetle, dragonfly
2 FP = small frogs, Vole, newt, crayfish
3 FP = bat, bullfrog, sunfish, small turtle
4 FP = bass, marsh duck, bittern, marsh rabbit
5 FP = heron, muskrat, catfish
new predators:
Alligator snapping turtle, Bird of prey, water snake, raccoon, coyote
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? n/a
xXXXXXXXXXXzzzxxzXXxxxxxxUsed to be Lieutenant sparks

xx
xx

┌──────────────────────────────┐
xxxxxx| my toyhou.se | | my Deviantart | | Commissons are: Open |
└──────────────────────────────┘

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

xx
ImageImage
Neon sparks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neon sparks » Wed May 08, 2024 7:16 pm

Fog clan
Never explored before!

Frogpounce was on his own in the marsh, searching for whatever materials he could to try and start his clan off. They were still pretty new to this whole group thing, being mostly rouges, loners and abandoned kittypets just trying to survive. They had gotten lucky, finding the upturned boats and rotting docks at the edge of this vast marshland. No two legs in sight, and nothing but wild wetlands as far as the eye could see. It was a lot safer to work together out here, between the coyotes and snapping turtles. They could look after each other out here.

Frog did his best to stay out of the deeper waters. Using whatever banks and downed trees, he could navigate around and over the channels of water that virtually surrounded him. Noisy birds and frogs called out all around him as he found a perch on a rotted log over a channel of water. He crouched, eyeing the muddy stream for movement. Perhaps he could find some fish? Or even a few crayfish he could bring back. It would take quite a bit of patience to fish, but he was prepared to spend the day out here. Settling in for a long fishing session, all the while keeping an eye on the sun. It got dangerous after dark out here...

[ 221 words ]

1 cat on patrol
FrogPounce | He/Him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: N

━ custom predators / prey
prey:
1 FP = Guppy, tadpoles, beetle, dragonfly
2 FP = small frogs, Vole, newt, crayfish
3 FP = bat, bullfrog, sunfish, small turtle
4 FP = bass, marsh duck, bittern, marsh rabbit
5 FP = heron, muskrat, catfish
predators:
Alligator snapping turtle, Bird of prey, water snake, raccoon, coyote

━ level 0
experience: 0
━ inventory items used
None
━ active / monthly tasks:
active task #1
[1. Write an explore post without using the following word: tail! [rewards: +15xp; doubled if user is opted-in]
━ opted in to death?
No
━ inventory
prey | 1 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 2 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 3 FP | x0
prey | 4 FP | x0

herb | x0
herb | x0
herb | x0
xXXXXXXXXXXzzzxxzXXxxxxxxUsed to be Lieutenant sparks

xx
xx

xxxxxx| my toyhou.se | | my Deviantart | | Commissons are: Open |

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

xx
ImageImage
Neon sparks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[0367.] viv's explore replies

Postby Vivika » Sat May 11, 2024 8:34 am

THE STILL WATERS !!
    xxxxxfeather ' clan archive last post

tangles of clouds writhed in the fragmented spaces where the forest canopy broke, casting shadows against the harsh planes of the undergrowth. the sickly sheen shimmered like the scales of an emerald boa poised to strike. yet facing those serpents offered a chance, while ever so slim, of survival. the briefest sliver of hope.

but facing a storm━a torrent of blistering, merciless rain with neither heart, nor soul━was another tale. a tale whispered only in the flicker of firelight against a backdrop of silken shadows, a tale where no true words needed to be spoken. just a nod towards the lifeless shell of the fallen soul was warning enough.

that alone twisted the knots in satinwish’s stomach.

as the last of the glinting clouds slipped behind the veil of trees, she traced a path to that fool. the fragrance of the rainforest lilted, sweet and spiced with tropical fruit and florals and the promise of loot. (+50 stardust [from wahoo], +1 chamomile, +2fp [your choice; from wahoo])

“i knew you’d come, my bestest friend!” the lilt of nose’s voice chimed, light and singsong. the student’s steps whispered against the stones and puffed moss, the curve of a wicked grin on her lips. “but phew, you still stink. rotten eggs and mothballs!” a tiny frown pinched her brow. “please, tell me you smell it, too.”

she flexed her paw, pressing it hard against the earth. “i don’t━”

the whistle of the wind, flitting through the fronds of the trees stilled her tongue. in that gentle brush, the stench of sulfur and burnt rubber filled her lungs, but it didn’t come from her. a different creature. a little bandit with a clever arsenal of its own. (predator [skunk] scented!)

the patrol scents a skunk (predator) in the breeze! do they search out (confront) the creature or continue on their way?
    ─────────────────────────────────────

⊰ patrol status updates ⊱
      • all patrollers gained +10% hunger
      • no health changes <3

⊰ xp earnings (death opt in/out) …………………………
      • +100xp for writing, +20xp for patrol sent
      • +4xp for prey, +2xp for herbs, +30xp from
      • wahoo apr task, +260xp from '23 catvent
      ⊰ findings ⊱

⊰ level totals ⊱
      • +416xp → level 3 (602/400xp)
        level 4 (202/500xp)*

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
      congrats! you've reached level four and earned an additional +2fp (your choice), +2 herbs (your choice), +1 uc edit and +1 stellar remnants! you've also received the following missing rewards for reaching level three: an additional +1fp (your choice) and +1 nr myo!

notes; n/a, but i love your prey/predator list and rainforest-esque theme! the biome is sm fun to play around with <3
      *tidied up some levelling stuff and everything should be all up to date now! lmk if there are any concerns c:
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby faelyn » Wed May 15, 2024 11:19 am

( 1 fp ) - bugsxxxxxxx
quantity • • x0
( 1 fp ) - tarts xxxxxx
quantity • • x0
( 2 fp ) - pastryxxxxx
quantity • • x1
( 2 fp ) - "boo"berryx
quantity • • x0
( 3 fp ) - gooseberry
quantity • • x0
( 3 fp ) - turnipxxxx
quantity • • x3
( 4 fp ) - cornxxxxx
quantity • • x1
( 4 fp ) - coconutxx
quantity • • x0
( 5 fp ) - c. eggxxx
quantity • • x0
( 5 fp ) - pumpkin
quantity • • x0

──────
( type of herb )
honeyxxxx
quantity • • • x1
( type of herb )
parsleyxxxx
quantity • • • x1

last explore post ✧ writer reply
────────────────────
custom prey form + archive <3
✧ ✧ ✧ ✧✧✧ level 6 (037/800)
| he / himx| hp 100% | hup 00% | ✖ sick
| she / her | hp 100% | hup 00% | ✖ sick
| he / himx| hp 100% | hup 00% | ✖ sick
charlie
tara
roe
zena
evie
sunnie
┌─────┐

death opt
xyes/no
word count
x ↳ 0104

└─────┘
xx
    response to rogue attack: the rogue is ignored

“howdy there!” charlie waved a paw with a lopsided grin at mousespeck who was currently ringing a bell.

“give me your herbs!” mousespeck hollered, screaming with her head tilted to the sky. “go on!” she clapped her paws together expectantly.

“oh okay.” charlie frowned slightly, nose wrinkled as he stuck his paws into his nonexistent pockets. “here you go!”
    he tossed some nondescript items at mousespeck.

“gee thanks!” mousespeck smiled wickedly as she snatched up the nondescript items. :)) but then she paused, her nose twitching. “wait a minute,” her expression became aghast and horrified. “THIS IS PLASTIC!”

charlie giggled and ran away :-)

note: all wahoos tasks are completed <3
┌───────────────────────────────┐

✧ items in inventory used
x• ( x1 bugs ) used for [lucah]
x• ( x2 tarts ) used for [oren + lumi]
x• ( x1 turnip ) used for [rest of cats]

✧ active quests
x• quest 1 - ( link )
x• quest 2 - ( link )
x• quest 3 - ( link )

✧ added expx
x• exp from ( link )
x• exp from ( link )
x• exp from ( link )

└───────────────────────────────┘
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stars V.2 • Explore • Leaf-fall & Wahoo's June Tasks

Postby Vivika » Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:21 pm

ImageImage

Wahoo wrote:Howdy! I think I'll hang around 'ere and catch up on some fishing! You just never know what loot you'll
find around. I'm happy to share the goods, but how 'bout you complete a task or two first?

JUNE MONTHLY TASKS
    1. Write an explore post about your cats helping a friend in need! [rewards: +10xp; doubled if user is opted-in]

2. Send out a patrol of at least one cat with the following common edit: min fur! [rewards: +1 herb (user’s choice)]

3. Include a small doodle with your explore post! Doodle cat quality is acceptable. [rewards: +1 common edit]

When you've completed a monthly task(s), please let a writer know as a note in your explore post to receive your prizes! These monthly tasks end at rollover over to July 1st (0:00 cs time). Find more details about monthly tasks in this post!

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────x
    SEASON

Wahoo wrote:"The leaves are real pretty this time of year, eh? Gotta say that leaf-fall is ‘ere!"
#wahoomonthlytasks
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

( ⎯⎯⎯ ★ REPLY THIRTY-ONE. )

Postby elliott. » Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:50 pm

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Belladonna stood in the makeshift camp, all in her lonesome with only mania being her company, for what seemed like ages, eyes blankly staring at the ceiling while seeing so much. Her pelt continuously prickled with unease despite the serenity around her, adrenaline pumping through her bloodstream as every nerve fired, keeping her on her toes.

Melete and Weasel returned just as the sun dipped below the horizon, carrying a hefty meal in their jaws. Despite the constant situations that had made their journey less than enjoyable, they somehow still had a bright spark in their eyes, obviously overjoyed by their catches. Weasel had even found a plant to decorate her pelt, nettle tucked behind her ear.
    [ + 2FP small fish, + 3FP frog, + 1 stinging nettle, + 6XP ]

Their eyes softened as they landed on Belladonna, guilt swirling in their belly that they couldn’t just help their friend, couldn’t take her pain away with some easy remedy. Quietly, Weasel laid a piece of their prey at her paws, nudging it towards her. “Eat, Belladonna. You need your energy.” She murmured sweetly, giving her a friendly lick on the shoulder before moving to sit next to Melete.

They enjoyed their meal in almost silence, the sound of crickets echoing through their ears. The silence was only broken when Belladonna’s head shot up, eyes wild. “Intruders.”
    [ Your patrol has scented an enemy patrol! Do they choose to confront or ignore them? ]

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ ★★★ ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

XP EARNINGS
    death opt out

55XP for words
    10XP for patrol sent
    05XP for FP earnings
    01XP for herb earnings
FINAL TOTALS & NOTE
[ +10% hunger for patrol ]
[ +71XP TOTAL ] [ level 5 (135/600) → level 5 (206/600) ]
[ + 50 stardust from completed wahoo task! ]
[ NOTE: another one ... [crying in distance]. also make sure to update ur XP levels! ]
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thelabradorr » Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:51 am

archive | last explore post | last response received

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

How she had managed to completely, unknowingly step on the woodland creature made absolutely no sense to the princess Elena - it did however disgust her. Hiding her fear and squeals, she could see Tick watching her with a smile, more than likely wanting to laugh at her oblivious nature to the things that surrounded her. Rolling her eyes, she began to think to herself, how could some cat like Tick even get access to the Tower? He must have some really good power, because other then that, he seemed like a complete dud.

The princess's thoughts were interrupted by the same one who plagued them, Tick. Noticing that she, sure did, still somehow manage to have the nasty bugs in stuck in her fur - how utterly annoying. "Tick, I appreciate you spotting all these vile creatures stuck in my fur, but I would appreciate if you would stop staring at me," she mumbled under her breath as she picked the final big out of her fur.

Before Tick even had time to respond and start, more than likely, another bickering argument between himself and Elena, Gypsy's voice broke through the silence with an urgency the two have yet to hear from the she-cat. Watching her closely, Tick followed the direction her nose was pointing them in, collecting celandine in the process. However, his herb collecting was immediately interrupted by the guide's voice cutting through his peace, making him quickly jump back and yelp.

Elena could hear the two talking and was curious about what the two were discussing without her. Peering over Tick's shoulders she cut into their conversation, interrupting whatever they happen to be going on about,"Caught a whiff of what exactly?" The princess unfortunately had a sense of smell that one would say, was lacking. Her abilities that she had inherited elsewhere reduced her sense of smell, which was alright with her. She also never willingly went out to collect herbs, so her knowledge was pretty much zero.

The response Elena received from the other cats was in unison and sent a shiver down her spine, that she knew for certain was not any more bugs coating her pelt,"Well, that was very ominous you two. I am sure the name is just a scare tactic, here let me sh-."

As the she-cat went to pick one of the deathberries Tick's legs acted on their own, swiftly knocking her to the ground and pinning her with no hesitation,"YOU IDIOT!" He hissed in her face, astonished that she had decide to act so foolishly, had Tyrantix really picked such a foolish she-cat to share his power with? 'All you have done thus far into this trip is complain, argue, and now you are acting like an idiot! What use are you to the Tower if you are just being a burden to this group! This mission is to test us, and without others you would have failed as soon as you arrived, your time being pampered has taught you nothing - you are very much a prime example of why cats across the Tower have no faith in those sworn to protect us!" Tick's fur pricked up in complete rage as he felt the she-cat tremble beneath him, but he knew if he did not knock some hard sense truth into her - and soon - it would be bad for the three of them on this patrol.

Elena's heart rate rapidly increased as her back hit the ground, the tom looming over her and spouting words that honestly felt like knives in her fur. Tears pricked the corners of her eyes as she listened, helplessness washing over her as she stared into the raging abyss of his eyes. It was like nothing was there, no one was home, nothing matter, not her pain, her tears, or her at all. She was frozen, racked with guilt, shame, and above all fear. This very quiet and somewhat sweet tom had turned into what seemed like a wild beast within a split second, and even though she could easily overpower him, she could not move. Elena's brain felt fogging and she felt completely disorientated, until at last the grasp of his paws released her and she was left lying on the ground in a state of confused shock - who is this guy seriously?

Gypsy could not see what was happening, but only from the harsh words of Tick and the silence of Elena, she could only assume the two had participated in some type of scuffle. The she-cat, for whatever reason, had put her trust into Tick and did not interfere with the lesson the princess so desperately needed.

"Hey Tick," Elena grumbled as she regain the strength needed to stand to her feet,"How the heck was someone like you summoned to the Tower anyway? What's your power huh TOUGH GUY!?"

Tick had already gather himself back into the cool, calm, and collected persona he had found himself being at all time, or at the least trying to be. Turning back towards Elena he smirked,"I knew you thought low of me, that is why I was not interested in displaying my powers before, but it was deemed by the Tower as the power Roar, I send shockwaves into the ground and create disorientation into those that I am speaking to when I raise my voice, you got to see it first hand princess."

Elena bit her tongue, looking over to see the ground had been cracked right beside where she had been slammed onto her back. "He did this?" she said to herself. Looking back up to question the tom even more, but his focus had already drifted onto something else, something more important than her.

[ 956 words ]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

-- cats on patrol
gypsy | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: n
elena | she/her | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: n
tick | he/him | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: n

-- notes
- holly berries & bigs added from level up
- font used
-- level 2
experience: 14/300xp
-- items in inventory used
n/a
-- active quests:
n/a
-- opted in to death?
yes/no
-- inventory
bugs | 1 FP | x5
mouse | 2 FP | x2
bird | 4 FP | x1

parsley | x1
catmint | x1
marigold | x1
celandine | x1
deathberries | x1
holly berries | x1
thelabradorr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spideysense » Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:54 pm

I'm picking my own!
new prey:
1 FP = scraps, bugs, shore crabs
2 FP = lizard, small rodent, small fish
3 FP = squirrel, rock crab
4 FP = rabbit, snake, gull
5 FP = raccoon, mink, eagle
new predators:
dog, fox, river otter, eagle
Would you like your current inventory converted to the new prey list? n/a
spideysense

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spideysense » Tue Jun 11, 2024 6:12 pm

Merrowcrest
first time exploring!

Clamfoot gingerly hopped out of the foliage onto the rocky beach, blinking to adjust to the bright horizontal sunbeams of sunrise. The bay was quiet, save the soft chirping of insects and early-morning birds. No twolegs in sight. Damp sand clung to his paws as he walked down the beach and began to skirt the shoreline, looking for dips between the sand and rocks where he knew small creatures were apt to hide.
The tide was right between high and low, meaning that there were a wide selection of tide pools to check out while she waited for bigger prey to come along. She’d seen gulls here before, cracking crabs open on the rocks, and even a heedless raccoon once. Clamfoot tried not to be too conspicuous as he trotted between the craggy rocks— he loved tide pools, and it was difficult not to be distracted by them. She crouched down by a particularly large pool, poking at an anemone and folding her ears back in delight when it curled up, grasping at her pawpad.

[ 175 words ]

━ cats on patrol
Clamfoot | he/she | HP 100% | HUP 0% | Sick: No

━ custom predators / prey
form here!
━ level 0
experience: 0
━ inventory items used
n/a
━ active / monthly tasks:
n/a
━ opted in to death?