Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

( MARCH QUESTS )

Postby elliott. » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:33 pm

username: elliott.
    clan: tribe of forgotten past.

quest number: number one
    response:
    xxAlthough the tribe doesn't have traditional roles, the higher ranks are just as close as traditional higher ranks would be.

xxLeadership wise, being related to the two Alphas keeps Frost, the stoneteller, very close and grounded with them, and they all seem to agree on the way the tribe should be ran, especially since they've been changing the rules and everything as the tribe continues moving along through the seasons. Root and Bird are open to changes, which really helps Frost when she tries to implement them, such as adding Clan names along with tribe names in honor of her mate, Walnutwhisker, who is a former Clan cat.
    xxScorch, although not related to the other leadership, also fits in well with them. His old age brings wisdom, and his time with the Tribe of Rushing Water, like Bird, helps them decide what to cut out of traditional tribe life and what to add so that no cats are treated the way they were.
    xxHealer wise, Frost only recently took her Stoneteller apprentice, Cypressgrove, but she absolutely adores him. The spunky tom seemed to inherit the natural kindness of his two kit-mothers, and he has a desire to learn, meaning that Frost doesn't have to snap at him to keep his focus, or fight for compassion for his tribemates. Instead, he's eager to assist and help, and she knows he will step up well into the role of Stoneteller when she retires or passes.
    word count: 243

quest number: number three
    response:
    xxBearleaf almost full-hearted believes he was visited by the spirits of the forest. There is so much belief in his body that, even though he was technically dead, he had still communicated with them, even though they haven't spoken to him since. However positive he may be, however, he wants to wait to tell the rest of the tribe, hoping that he doesn't sound crazy when he does finally admit to everyone that he had been visited by spirits, especially since they had given up on their faith in Tribe of Endless Hunting just seasons before.

xxAlthough almost positive he is right, he worries that the spirits were simply something that came to him in a time that his body was in peril, something his mind made up to try and give him a reason to come back to life, to continue his life with a bit more pep in his step. He's afraid that when he tells his tribemates, they will reject the idea of celebrating the life of another higher up, since they were treated so horribly by their ancestors before.

xxThat, plus he really doesn't know how to honor spirits he cannot see.
    word count: 198
elliott.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stars V.2 • Quest Board • April Quests

Postby Vivika » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:26 pm

[ Start of Last Round ]

Hana wrote:"Thank you all for your replies!!"
The March quests have officially ended <3

March Quests

Quest #1
arrikanez → +55 exp
canadianhowl → +95 exp
elliott. → +20 exp
goatmom → +20 exp
gravis cordis → +30 exp

Quest #2
artmajor → +25 exp
goatmom → +35 exp
gravis cordis → +40 exp

Quest #3
arrikanez → +15 exp
elliott. → +15 exp
gravis cordis → +60 exp

Please remember to link to this post in your next explore post to claim your exp!

Hana wrote:"Here's some stardust for those who really put some extra effort into these quests!
You may use these to purchase some neat items from StarClan's shop!"

arrikanez → +140 stardust
canadianhowl → +190 stardust
gravis cordis → +260 stardust

Hana wrote:"Thank you for participating, everyone! I loved hearing about your clans + their stories!"

"While I loved all of your entries, these ones were my favorites! Here's something extra for your lovely responses!"

Quest #1 - canadianhowl & goatmom
+1 un myo each

Quest #2 - artmajor & gravis cordis
+1 uc myo each

Quest #3 - arrikanez & elliott.
+1 c myo each

Hana wrote:"Wait wait wait, I have more questions, don't leave yet!"

A new round has begun!

QUEST #1
Tell us about your clans relationship with twolegs!
You may write and/or draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #2
Draw something that tells us about one of your cat's goals in life! Would they like to become
leader, find true love, travel the world or maybe something else?
You may only draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #3
Write about something one of your cats is really awful at.
You may only write your response to this prompt.
Last edited by Vivika on Fri Apr 07, 2023 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

April Quests ft. Briar, Wanderer, & Biglight

Postby ivyy. » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:28 am

Username: ivyy.
Clan: ≋O≋c≋e≋a≋n≋ ≋C≋l≋a≋n

Quest Number: quest #2
Response: superhero stuff

-------

Quest Number: quest #3
Response: "You're useless."

"Race you to the tree, Reed!"
"Not if I gets there first!"
Being the slowest of her litter wasn't a bother to her, she knew how her two older brothers always won because of their physical advantage and she was perfectly fine with that. At least her parents weren't there at the moment to see her miserably loose once more. The two brown tabby tom twins dashed through the trees, leaving behind a flattened trail of dry bushes, weeds, and loose pebbles for Briar to chase after. "I'll make sure no one cheats!" She squeaked, stomping through their path. The cliff edge ahead of her threatened her menacingly as she dashed towards it, knowing the dangers but being fully comfortable with it considering they always took this path.

Mother and father would let her fall off of it if they found her and her brothers playing nearby it. Luckily for her, they were both out hunting. Maybe there would be new kittens to play with soon. Although, the regal she-cats last litter, sickly Briar and her unborn siblings, was a fail which angered her father quite a bit to the point he screamed and left berry juice trickling down her mother's shoulder. Briar had been punished in the hole that day for asking her mother what was wrong. It was foolish of her to show compassion, as her father would always tell her as she sat in the dank, moist, dirt hole alone. He always said that she musn't show a trace of remorse or care for anyone because they would turn around and stab her in the back or lead her into a fox's jaws.

Father and mother weren't like her brothers. They were treasured for their bravery of so many feats she hadn't ever heard of them completing, as if they were made up on the spot just to give her parents another reason to hate her for what she wasn't capable of doing. Her brothers made fun of her for it to. Maybe they were beginning to be like Mother and Father. Briar's little paws stormed across the stoney edge, heading towards the cliff edge, getting ready to turn to the right to avoid falling and still somewhat keep up with Thistle and Reed.

Skidding to a halt, she heard the voices of her mother and father yelling. Not their angry yells, their fearful yells. Something she had only heard once before, when a fox was threatening Thistle and Reed a few weeks after she was born. They had left her all alone in the den that day to take their boys on a celebratory hutning trip for accidentally nicking one in the ear. Briar cowered at the sound of her father's pawsteps, some she had come to remember by the sounds of urgency in them. Her tail tucked between her legs as the red tabby tom rounded the corner of the cliff, right before the dry underbrush led to the cliff's end, howling her name.

There was a new look in his eyes, one she had seen before but never as fierce as he was today. His claws were unsheathed and he stretched them out before she could react, catching her sharply in the foreleg, drawing a sharp cry of pain from the young she-cat. "What did you do?" His yowl echoed through the mountains, the whole collection of the mountains' animals could probably hear him perfectly. She cowered, unable to force herself to answer with short explanations as she usually did, afraid that no matter what she said it wouldn't be good enough for him. "I asked you a question, answer me!"

Just around the bushes, she barely noticed the flick of her mother's mottled tail, her beautiful calico pelt showing through the sparse, dead undergrowth. "Ender, I've got them!" She called from the other side. Not even that convinced her father to take his vengeful eyes off her. "How dare you even think you could get away with this. This- this crime that you've comitted!" He grabbed her by the scruff and threw her a few paw steps closer to the cliff's edge, not fearing even a bit for his daughter's life. A loud thump could be heard when Briar hit her head against the rough rock below her. She cried for her mother and brothers but not even they would dare intrude in her punishment. "Why?" She asked, crying. "What do?" She choked out. Her father hunched his shoulders and hissed, staring daggers at her as he came closer and closer.

"Why? WHY?" He echoed her question, "You can't even speak properly for Sky's sake!" He put his nose not even an inch from hers and hissed through gritted teeth, "Almost leading your brother's to a death trap." Briar winced, shaking as though she had hypothermia from the cliff's chilly winter winds that weren't even around this far into Newleaf. "Have you nothing to say for your sorry self?" He whispered menacingly. Before she knew it, he had grabbed her scruff once more and between her fur said a few last words before she'd find herself experiencing an undeserved fate, "You're useless."

Briar's brown patched paws struggled against thin air as she fell to the rushing river below.
Word Count: 881

-------

Quest Number: quest #1
Response: Wanderer gazed out at the prairie, a small, secluded town laid out before him. His companion, Tiki, crawled onto the top of his head, looking at the landscape in front of them cautiously. He let out a small squeak, one of curiosity. Although Tiki had been munching at flies and beetles bothering Wanderer, Wanderer hadn't had a real meal in over a week, unless you count the crow food he had eaten three days ago. The sun had begun to set by the time they discovered the village, unsure whether or not to make a move forward in hopes of finding a good meal and some water for a bit. Wanderer sighed and looked beyond the village at the setting sun, "We'll have to go, I can't promise you'll be safe so stay nearby but don't follow me."

Tiki made an inward croaking sound that definitely meant he didn't like the idea of separating himself from his cat companion. Wanderer bowed his head and ignored the indignant sound his friend made, "I'll get you close and then you find a safe corner to squeeze into. I'll see what I can gather from the residents." Wanderer told him, clearly not open to any other ideas or questions his little salamander might propose. "Let's go."

Upon arrival, the sun had already disappeared behind the mountains and there were no scents of other creatures besides a few small field mice here and there that were much too fast for the exhausted and half-starved Wanderer. The air was dry and crisp, an occasional breeze stirring up the older tom's fur. The path towards the town was made of rough gravel which hurt his sore paws more than they already were, drawing a few irritated grunts as he made his way down the path and into the two-legs town. It was quiet but he could hear the laugh of a two-leg kit here and there which startled him, considering the last time he discovered a two-leg kit in person was when he met Tiki.

"Get in the pouch." He whispered to his friend, flicking his right ear. For now, it'd be safer to keep his buddy right next to him. The salamander understood his words and ear flick and quickly scuttled into the leather pouch Wanderer had carved for herbs before he had found his friend. Wanderer perked his ears, feeling slightly less worried knowing his companion was safely tucked away in a warm space. He meowed a couple of times, stopping in between mews to hear for a response. The town wasn't interested in him, for a change. In his previous adventures, Wanderer was the one attracting two legs, not the other way around. Time for a new tactic.

A soft mrrow echoed from the tom's throat as he gently scratched at a wooden door. The porch light turned on and he stood a bit back from the door, just in case it opened right on him which he, unfortunately, experienced before. An elderly couple greeted him, speaking a language he, of course, could not understand. The couple did make a familiar sound, however, the classic human "pspspsps" sound that had been engraved in the tom's memory since kittenhood. These two legs seemed old enough that he could escape fairly fast if needed, even if he was in the house. He cautiously tried to act cute, standing up on his back legs and doing a few classic leg rubs against the two humans.

Before long, the two legs opened their door for him, allowing him inside and leading him toward a pair of small silver bowls. Wanderer recognized these as cat bowls from his past and his hackles rose. Just then, a shadow cast over him. One of another cat, a cat that had claimed this household way before he had entered, from the looks of the engravings on the bowl. "Hello!" A plain white cat with crossed eyes grinned at him, wagging his tail in a dog-like manner as if he was one. "Greetings." Wanderer bowed his head, respectful to the fact this cat owned these two legs first. "They call me George! What's your name, new friend?" George asked, beaming, clearly not being worried that he could very well be in danger considering Wanderer's slight advantage in size and experience. "They call me Wanderer."

"Welcome, Wanderer! Usually, they save cats for the man in the white and red apron but I'm glad you get to be here instead. Help yourself to whatever..." Wanderer's heart stopped and his fur spiked. The man in the red and white apron? He wasn't talking about the elderly couple he was talking about the meat cutter. His mind grew into a haze, "Wait wait, what do you mean the man in the red and white apron?" George tilted his head a little to the left, "Uh... you know, the man in the red and white apron. He brings meat to the poorer families and stuff. You've never seen one before?" Wandered reared back and accidentally spilled most of the water in the water bowl behind him, his back right paw now soaked from stepping into it.

"George, we have to go." He told him, gazing around from an escape from the homestead. Wanderer forgot his growling belly, barely full from the bits of food he had managed to eat before the white cat introduced himself. "What? Why would we leave?" George asked, calmly and innocently sitting to itch the back of his ear. "Because you and I will become crow food if we don't." Wanderer couldn't believe the ignorance of the young tom. True he seemed to barely be older than seven or eight journeys of the moon but that didn't matter. He said it himself. "Crowfood? Erm... we're safe here. The two legs love me." He purred proudly and stuck his chest out in pride. "No, they don't. Either you leave with me or you can stay here and end up as dog food. Your choice." That seemed to stun that young cat into reconsidering his life choices. "George, please. Where is the nearest exit?" George stared at his paws for a moment before flicking his white fluffy tail in the direction of the kitchen entryway where a half-open window sat above the kitchen sink.

"Squeeze your hind end in there, George!" Wanderer hissed in fear, his companion shifting nervously in the leather pouch still attached to his hips. With a pop, George managed to get through the other side of the window which relieved Wanderer from a chunk of his stress. Wanderer gently called for his companion, "Tiki, get out of the pouch and climb down the wall. I told the cat on the other side you're a friend." Footsteps thundered across the floor as the two legs realized that their cats were gone from the other rooms in the house. The adrenaline rushing through Wanderer's veins gave him a familiar burst of strength and speed as he squeeze through the half-open window. "Almost... got it..." He grunted and hissed when he felt hands touch his tail with a rough intensity that urged him to run even though he was stuck. Wanderer yowled in fear as whoever two-leg pulled on his tail to get him out from the window sill. George overheard from below and scaled the wall with a surprising amount of agility.

With an unsheathed paw, he swiped, and the white cat managed to slash a few large scratches in the hand of the elderly man through the crack of the window. While the man was busy cradling his newfound injury, George grabbed Wanderer's scruff and yanked, pulling him through the window. "Run, George, I'll be right behind you!" He panted, quickly scooping up his companion who was nervously waiting for him at the bottom of the wall. "Run and don't look back!"
Word Count: 1,316
Last edited by ivyy. on Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
hi hi!! i'm ivyy. but you can call me isabella or bella <3

she/her - virgo - owner of two cats and three dogs - previous bun mom - animal enthusiast - equestrian

credit to iceycrushed for making my avatar for my use only <3
ivyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Quest Board

Postby literal.swag. » Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:57 pm

markin' 'em all 😈
QUEST #1
Tell us about your clans relationship with twolegs!
You may write and/or draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #2
Draw something that tells us about one of your cats goals in life! Would they like to become
leader, find true love, travel the world or maybe something else?
You may only draw your response to this prompt.

QUEST #3
Write about something one of your cats is really awful at.
You may only write your response to this prompt.

ᵕ̈ court || she/her || adult || adhd ridden ᵕ̈

hey y'all, just here to have fun! ♡
    please bare with me on trades!!
    toyhouse | cs storage

♡umas | the backseat lovers | crochet♡

current goals: collecting all dragons/dinosaurs!
literal.swag.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:39 am

Username: Archaeopteryx.
Clan: Enurian

Quest Number: 1
Response:

Ioitha 1, Ortho 4, Inna 8

xxxThere's this question I keep finding myself returning to, over and over again.

xxxSagerustle says that I'm being silly (or, if I'm being entirely honest, she's been saying that my "head is filled with bees and I need to knock it off"), so instead of bringing it up to them yet again... well, what's the point of carrying one of these Survivor's Logs if you're not mulling over questions without an answer?

xxxSo. Here it is.

xxxWhere would we be, without the Ones Before?

xxxWould we be better? Or worse off?

xxxHow much of them lives on in us, even though we never knew each other?

xxxThree, technically, but they all mean the same. How have they influenced us, I guess? That would be a better way to put it.

xxxI mean, not everyone really knows, or cares, about the Ones Before. There's plenty of cats roaming around the island who don't pay a single mind to the things they left behind. They're perfectly content living their normal lives, free from their influence.

xxxBut that's not completely true, is it? We Quarriers are always bringing stuff back with us, artifacts and treasures and things to learn from. We learned how to make compasses after finding one buried in the depths of the Imbroglio, and now they're common enough that Sagerustle wears hers around her neck. When we learned to smelt, to make iron, didn't we learn from the Lost One's metal sculptures? We can't know everything we find, but for every incomprehensible artifact we pull from the wreckage, there's another we can learn to replicate. Where would we be without using the Ones Before as a map for progress? Can we live without their influence?

xxxAnd then there's the songs. The stories. Oh, everyone knows that most cats who venture into the Imbroglio will, eventually, never find their way out again. But it captures our imagination, even before we can speak. Before we can walk. I don't know if Sagerustle remembers this, or Burningheather, for that matter, but I remember when Ma used to whisper stories of travelers and vagabonds finding solace in the Imbroglio. It's part of the reason I started.

xxxAnd once you get in here, it's too late.

xxxThe Imbroglio.... If you're a Quarrier, you'll understand. It's like the city calls to you. Calls for you. Leaving it makes me feel sick to my stomach. I can't stop thinking about it, and there's an ache in me that's only soothed when I step foot back into the Imbroglio. It's like the city needs inhabitants to live, and without the Lost Ones, it'll take the next best thing. Us. Even though this place was never made for us, and it will drive us all to our early graves trying to understand it.

xxxBut we come in here anyway. Even though we know we'll be doomed the instant we first step inside. You might be able to pretend the city won't claim you, but it always does. I've never met anybody who managed to retire from being a Quarrier.

xxxAnd now I wonder. The Ones Before. Why would they construct a place like this? Did they know they were doomed? Why build all this, why build the Sentinels, why make the Hounds? What did they see in themselves, what were they aiming for?

xxxYou know, now that I think about it, in all my inna of roaming here, I've only found images of the Lost Ones once. Faces scratched out in ways I've never seen a cat able to do, with or without tools. Their forms were strange to me, so unlike everything else on Enurian. A mere two legs, like a bird's, but with the same forepaws that both we and the Hounds possess. Underneath the scratching I could barely make out a flat face, so very similar to the Hounds.

xxxI see now why Sagerustle keeps telling me to stop asking these sorts of questions. The two moons are now low in the sky and we have to start moving again. It's dangerous to be in one place for too long, here, especially at the campsite we chose.

xxxI won't deny that it's beautiful, here. Sitting up so high on a path bordered with cottongrass, their seeds floating away, caught in the breeze. The city's covered in fog, the two moons shining high, illuminating everything in such a soft blue glow. I can barely pick out details below. Sights like these make it so easy to forget how dangerous this place is, when it looks so beautiful.

xxxI'll write more when we next stop. I got so caught up in philosophizing I forgot to actually log what happened.

xxxxxx- Bumblerush

Word Count: 782 words

Quest Number: 2
Response:

Last edited by Archaeopteryx. on Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferretlands » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:26 am

Username: ferretlands
Clan: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=4705925
Quest Number: #2
Response: https://i.imgur.com/HIQW15u.png
Word Count: N/A
ferretlands

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Plaga » Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:58 am

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅
Username: Plaga
Clan: тнє ηєω мσση вяιηgєяѕ
Quest Number: #1
Response:

The New Moon Bringers don't have much contact, nor cares a lot about humans. And they consider it as unnecessary to change anything about that. Of course, though they do consider people who are here to catch cats and keep as their kitty pets bad, awful even, and none of them would ever want to become one. They cannot understand fully their motifs, as none of the current cats was ever caught by a twoleg and it's unknown what EXACTLY would happen but some rumor that they might use the queens for the milk they have just like their goats and cows. As for other adult cats, they speculate there could be two reasons. Either to get rid of rats from th barns, or perhaps to use the trained Bringer soldiers in a way similar to their dogs, guarding property and driving the predators off the other animals. Well, two legs were weird indeed, not resembling the other animals almost in everything they did, but as long as they kept away, Bringers didn't mind. As almost all clans in the area what mostly interested them about humans was their goats, believed to be a perfect sacrifice for the goats, a symbol of life too. But Bringers never captured any of those unless they escaped the barn on their own.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

What they also didn't tolerate though, was that some of them fish in their territory's ponds without even contacting the Commander and asking for permission, which is a big sign of disrespect! Even worse if they leave trash behind them, which the soldiers later return to them, leaving them near town of theirs as a revenge. The respectful humans who later release fish back into the pond or even give them to the Bringers passing nearby, are treated less aggressively and The Bringers never interrupt them in their hunts. It's rare to find a fellow predator who doesn't just feed on all their prey but share it. It made humans even more hard to understand but Bringers always rewarded respect and punished those who didn't count their importance for the local area in. Even the downsides have some pros, though, as the cats will sometimes pick on the more useful items people consider as trash (as for brass, metal or ceramic dishes and utensils, springs, decorations, animal bones, meat they consider “imperfect” or/and is a bit too old for their taste) and use them on daily basis, sometimes even using them to create an one, bigger item which could be even seen as invention of theirs (example).
The fact of throwing out things that are perfectly capable of being used also makes them feel a bit confused with how humans’ minds work and they are sure a regular twoleg is way more picky than a regular cat.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

What makes some Bringers a bit less foreign and strange in their eyes is the fact that one of the Commanders and founders used to be raised with one pen with goats. They were the descendant of the other clan’s cats who decided to abandon their child because of the common believe and prophecy that the bastards and inter clan children are prone to attract curses and the clan who keeps the fruit of such a romance will be cursed for the rest of its existence as long as the last cats born within it will live. Also they were certain that such a cat would never be loyal to anyone and its loyalty will be split between two clans, in result never being truly useful to neither of them and following only the rules it personally would agree with. That Commander never spoke a lot about their future and doesn’t seem to like sharing their knowledge on this topic, being rather painful to them, but they saw humans as just the feeders who keep them for reasons known only to them. Due to being raised with no other cat around, and being adopted by a mother goat, they also came to a conclusion that they are a goat, too and keeps this belief to this moment. They don’t mind living with cats and ruling them, but calling them a cat would do nothing but enrage or hurt them.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Summing that up, Bringers consider humans as a species neither evil nor good. They treat them just like some big, weird predators who can be either hostile or helpful for the cats, and just like the cats, they have different motifs and behavior. They don't fear to fight back in non direct way if needed but generally, unless they help them hunting, The Bringers try to avoid contact with two legs and avoid their places of living, full of dogs and unnecessary noise. New Mooners will just remain neutral as long as their peace doesn't get in the way with human bussines.

Word Count: 810

Quest Number: #3
Response:

Blindness of the Fallen - or just Fall amongst the close ones - is very, very awful at making contact with cats, meeting new people and... uh, communicating their needs.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

They literally NEVER get it right when someone is kidding them just for the sake of a joke, says something in a sarcastic manner or even when is using a more complicated allegory, which seems very ironic considering that their name may sound a bit non-literal and stands for the state of fallen Bringer's soldiers wandering blindly in the realms of the dead, looking for their afterlife's purpose and ways they could contact their loved ones still stuck with souls in their physical bodies, on Earth. Fall got their full name after honorable prayer they gave on one of the Full Moon festivals, in which they have summoned and brought back one of the most honorable soldiers' soul to give it a second chance to say goodbye to its loved ones and share the festive feast with its clanmates. Nobody could believe such an awkward person could lead the soul between realms through prayer, but at least it made others way more forgiving and understanding as....

Well, Fallen could call it a curse any other time when meeting anyone new or outside the Bringers.
"Why won't you smile?"- someone once said. It already took them a moment to process what a "smile" is and apparently it had to be that weird thing that cats they like do with lips and teeth in the presence of theirs... at least that was what they thought. Did they got it right? Uhh... how does one even smile? What's even the purpose of this? They never paid real attention to such things, but if that would make that cat happy...
Fall raised their upper lip slowly and awkwardly, exposing their beautiful canines and incisors, then did the same with the lower one which was even harder. Then a quiet, annoyed hiss escaped their mouth being already tired. Too bad they got so focused on this, that they didn't notice the cat... just was no longer here! Did they have some mouse fur or berries left on their teeth or something? Well, probably it was not the case but Blindness could never understand that.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Other embarrasing and problematic thing they face is also that they have a trouble recognizing other cats' faces, as they suffer from a slight case of prosopagnosia. They have a great sense of smell which still keep it recognizing their friends but sometimes spotting the right cat on a big clan event can be difficult, indeed. When they were new to the group, not used to all the overstimulation with all those smells, voices and just cats in general - they often mistook one with another, once even thinking that one of regular soldier was... the commander who also founded the clan! It definitely was embarrassing and it's still hard to forget for the Fallen, but at least they know that no longer anyone's mad at them.

What else about Fall can be said on the matter? Well, they visibly have no idea what purring, meowing or hissing means. Of course they do speak in the Bringers' language but none of the typical cat stuff is clear for them. That means they would randomly screech, hiss, bark or chirp whenever just feeling like it or if the situation pressures them to do something "cat-like" but as Fall is Fall, their choice of communication ways is random and everyone around interested in a talk with them has to be direct, straightforward and not rely on the body language. Also, The Fallen’s language of love, which is pretty much visible on them - is small, spontaneous gifts and words of affirmation instead of physical contact. Of course, they enjoy it in their own way, and are okay with receiving it from the closest relatives, but when it comes to giving - they just have no idea where and what to do with their body to not hurt and/or make the other cat feel as uncomfortable as they are.

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

Enough with roasting the poor kit for now though, at it's way too much for just one Bringer to handle and they still try their best. Their friends and Bringers in general no longer mind anyway, as they compensate those moments with their kindness, various talents they can offer for the good of the others and just... who they are, both with their many pros and cons, as it's what makes a person. They love them as they are and don't want them to change.

Word Count: 763

Quest Number: #2
Response:

Invention of ritual to remove the blindness. [simple bg ver]
Image ⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅
Last edited by Plaga on Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:56 am, edited 14 times in total.
𝒲𝒶𝓁𝒹 — 𝓱𝓮/𝓲𝓽/𝔁𝓮/𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 — 𝐿𝓎𝓃𝓍#𝟦𝟥𝟨𝟢 — 𝓣𝓲𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝔀𝓪𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

“ 𝔅𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔟𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔭𝔬𝔠𝔞𝔩𝔶𝔭𝔰𝔢! ℑ𝔱’𝔰 𝔫𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔬𝔬 𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢”

✦ — — ✦ — — ✦
thrσw us αwαч líkє α stαck σf σld pαpєr
lєαrn nσt frσm σur scrαwls
clσsє чσur єαrs tσ σur rαntíngs αnd cσmє αgαínst us
flєх чσur hσσkєd clαws αnd sníff líkє α dσg αt thє stєnch σf σur dєcαчíng mínds
dístrust thє dєcєítful mαth σf σur pєríshíng єчєs run αwαч frσm thє phthísíckч pαst
✦ — — ✦ — — ✦
𝒜𝓇𝓉𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓟𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓓𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓸𝓷 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓯𝓯тнє ηєω мσση вяιηgєяѕ©
Plaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ArithMedic » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:41 pm

Username: ArithMedic
Clan: Lotusclan

Response:
Lotusclan has a strange relationship on twolegs. While they do have to be careful not to get caught by the Trappers, there are some twolegs who live at the Horseplace that they can trust that will give them real food, not rabbit pellets, if they look sad enough. The members of Lotusclan try not to use this avenue if they don't have to, but when prey is scarce, you do what you can. They also have an odd relationship with the twolegs who infrequently visit the Junkplace. They do not approach these twolegs because they are rarely the same and have been known to chase cats away, but certain members of Lotusclan observe the twolegs as they fiddle with objects or bring new objects to the Junkplace. These cats wait until the twolegs leave and investigate whatever the twolegs leave behind, then report on their findings to the Science Cats of the clan, so that the Science Cats can replicate objects or use the new knowledge to improve the clan's existing technology.

Word Count: 172

Response:

Word Count: N/A

Quest Number: 3
Response:
Evermist stares at the mess before her, gears and springs that had been perfectly simple when the Science Cat showed her how to put them together were now jammed together and bent out of shape in ways that she wasn't sure were physically possible. The Science Cat glowered at her as they hurriedly scooped them up and called over another to attempt to salvage the materials. "How in Starclan's name are you this bad at basic assembly? Even kits are better than this!" The other Science Cat cried out in horror at the disaster that was Evermist's time ticker. This was only illustrated by the fact that there was indeed a kit in the room who was building something highly complex that Evermist didn't recognize out of broken pieces and spare parts. "I didn't grow up with all of this technology stuff." Evermist complained as she rubbed her forepaws against each other, sore from the hard metals. "Technically, I didn't grow up at all." Evermist muttered under her breath and the Science Cats rolled their eyes. This was the age of technology, not Starclan. Starclan didn't have the power to do miracles anymore. She couldn't have actually materialized out of thin air. Nonetheless, they accepted that she was a disaster with technology and kicked her out of their den 'to find something useful to do, or at least stay out of the way.'
(This takes place before Everstar gained the suffix -star; a time ticker is a clock.)

Word Count: 233, not including end note

xxx__________________________________
xxxI go by Arith for short!
xxxChristian, Autistic, ADHD, College Student
xxxArtist, Writer, Seamstress, Roleplayer
xxx__________________________________
ArithMedic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby canadianhowl » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:36 pm

Username: canadianhowl
    Clan: galactic skies

Response: [img]art[/img]

The twolegs granted them the knowledge they have today… if it wasn’t for that one night a twoleg family invited her to stay there would be no clan today. They are blessed everyday to have been granted the chance of the twoleg’s knowledge.
    Word Count: 43

Response: [img]art[/img]

Response: Solarroar is not the best at being able to express his emotions. He comes off as cold and blunt but in reality he just doesn’t understand how to express himself. He wasn’t one who was allowed to as a kitten and never learned while he grew up. He seems cold and blunt but if he is happy or sad or anything else he will try to hide it or brush it aside. Maybe it’s a fear of becoming closer to others by showing he can be vulnerable. He doesn’t want that. He doesn’t want to grow a close bond it scares him. Maybe it really is he just doesn’t understand emotions. Maybe that’s why he’s so bad at it.
    Word Count: 119
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby almondkitty » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:32 am

Username: almondkitty
Clan: rosemary meadows

Response: the twolegs that live near rosemary meadows keep their distance from the cats large colony. though they aren't necessarily aware of how the clan works, nor that the cats are essentially running their own farm, the twolegs sometimes leave cats or kittens in the wilderness surrounding the territory. sometimes, though rare, the twolegs will seek the cats out to give them kittypets directly rather than risk exposing them to the elements. this exchange is viewed by the clan as a great risk and is rarely done, due to the threat of being captured. instead, regular patrols scour the territory for strays more often and keep their ears perked for sounds of distress.
Word Count: 112

Username: almondkitty
Clan: rosemary meadows

Response: steadying herself on the edge of a rock, willowpaw peered into the crystalline water. beside her, silkpaw crouched nervously, her tail wrapped around her paws.

"should we really be doing this?" she mewed, peering around to be sure nobody was watching. despite them being near the edge of the clan, half-hidden by the willow trees, silkpaw still felt exposed.

"you worry too much!" willowpaw flicked the tip of her tail, bopping silkpaw on the nose with it. "now be still, i'm fishing."

the still water reflected willowpaw's face back at her, refusing to reveal its fish. studying her features in the shimmering pool, she suddenly saw a flash of scales. quick as a fox, she dipped her claws into the lake, narrowly missing the fish. not quick enough. the little fish swam eagerly away.

frustrated, willowpaw huffed, standing. she leaned on her front paws this time rather than crouching all on fours. again, she waited. silkpaw adjusted her paws nervously. a flash of scales! swinging her whole arm, willowpaw managed to scrape something! hallelujah!

it was not a fish. she had scraped her claws on a rock. in fact, in her haste to pull the so-called 'fish' up from the lake, willowpaw slipped on the wet stone she was perched on and tumbled unceremoniously into the lake.

fortunately it was not very deep. even so, willowpaw was an adept swimmer. this did not help ease silkpaw's panic, though. "willowpaw! oh, stars! someone help!" she took off like a bullet, not even seeing that willowpaw had already stood up in the lake, soaked to the bone. the white progeny quickly returned with honeydust, cedargaze and sunnytuft in tow, before willowpaw had even had time to step out of the lake.

"slow down, silkpaw! don't fall in yourself!" honeydust called, quickly skidding to a stop beside her young progeny. her concern immediately turned into laughter upon seeing willowpaw standing, unharmed, in the shallows of the lake, completely drenched. "oh, silkpaw! this lake is shallow! she's perfectly fine!" she managed between giggles.

cedargaze and sunnytuft were not far behind, also coming to abrupt stops upon seeing willowpaw's sopping figure. they both burst into uncontrollable laughter, cedargaze actually toppling over into a bush from laughing so hard.

embarrassed and quite wet, willowpaw stomped out of the lake and over to her friend. silkpaw looked a bit ashamed but mostly relieved to see that she hadn't needed to panic at all.

vindictive, willowpaw shook her fur violently, spraying water all over the group. squealing, honeydust crouched behind sunnytuft, who got the brunt of the droplets. cedargaze, popping out of the bush, managed to avoid getting wet at all. silkpaw, however, became almost as wet as willowpaw had been. this didn't damped her mood at all, though. she was just happy to see her clanmates enjoying themselves.
Word Count: 471
my birthday is november 8th ♡
almondkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me