Re: ❆ [ Kalon Winter Fest Prompts ]

Postby Broccoli_Bento » Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:40 am

username + ID: Broccoli_Bento // 965616
    link to sign-up: here

Cassiel wasn't expecting the kit to hold his hand as they wandered into and through the forest, he never had that with his parents so it felt foreign to him, but it made Yuki happy so that's what was more important over his feeling bit awkward, and after awhile he barely noticed it at all.

Walking through the forest he hadn't any idea what to look for, he's not an outdoorsy guy and wouldn't know in the slightest what is edible out here, so every mushroom they came across they left it be and moved on.
    They just kept going, looking for something recognizable or at least consumable, and those black walnuts they passed up didn't look it to Cassiel but they were a good find.

The deeper they went into the forest the more it looked untouched by visitors, and the only tracks they came across were their own or the occasional ones made by a squirrel.
    Then the path opened up and there nestled against some trees and other shrubbery sat some rose bushes with a lot of untouched rose hips still in great shape.
    Cassiel's ears perked up at the sight and eagerly guided Yuki on over to the shrubs.

"Look at this! I'm actually quite surprised that we found any and in excellent shape!" Cassiel plucked a few and handed them to Yuki.

"Are you sure these berries aren't poisonous?" He rolled the hips in his palm, looking concernly at them.

"I'm absolutely positive that they are rose hips, and by any means not poisonous." He chuckled plucking a handful of them.

"Won't sakura get mad at us? These could turn into seeds for new rose bushes." The kit wondered tugging at Cassiel's jacket.

"Eh~..." he shrugged plucking more hips, "she's already mad at me for bringing her rocks and busted daisies. Bringing a few handfuls of these ain't gonna be much worse than that, and besides we'll get to have some nice tea when we get back" he winked at the kit as he shoved a handful into his pocket.

"Hey those should be for the feast!"

Cassiel smiled "I know, but a few won't hurt anything, and I really want to make you some tea like how my grandmother did for me."

Spending time with Yuki made Cassiel think back on the good memories he had as a child, specifically when his grandmother shared with him the rose hips from her very special and very precious rose bushes.
    This all made him think about about the future he wants to have with Jamie, one with kits of their own.

Walking back with probably more rose hips than needed, Cassiel and Yuki followed their footprints from which they came, all the while Cassiel sharing with Yuki stories from when he was a kid.
[468/200 min]

Heyo heyo have a happy dayo~!
infp • autism • adhd • adult • Jan 31 • they/them • genderflux

I'm Nic, but feel free to call me by my user, however condensed you'd like even!
I'm super shy, weird, and awkward, but aren't we all at some point? Lol
I love to draw, play video games, and listen to music. Pretty much just a normal dude.

[Toyhouse] - [My Kalons] - [My Wermz] - [My Sqims]

Discord: broccoli_bento
Broccoli_Bento

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clementine Cloud » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:26 pm

Username: Clementine Cloud
Sign-up Post:
Prompt:
As spring crawls closer the two kalons running the forest foraging area have shown them many things that can be found in the woods. But sometimes Adeline's found things she wasn't even looking for! Often times as she was out foraging she'd get distracted wandering through the beautiful winter scenery, and at times she'd find herself a little lost. Not so lost that she couldn't find her way back to the village, thankfully, but definitely not where she meant to be. At one point on her walks she ended up trekking through some evergreen trees whose branches nearly reached the ground. She couldn't say what prompted her to push her way through the thick needles of the pines, really who would want to go in there? But she found her paws leading her through regardless, and as she pushed further she came upon a small opening in the thick wood, a circular clearing into which the sun shined down. In the center of this clearing was a small plant with deep green leaves frosted with a thin layer of ice. As she stepped closer to this little pristine plant a pop of color caught her eye. Peaking out from beneath the frost and leaves were a few perfect strawberries. They were the brightest, deepest red Adeline had ever seen, and they, along with the rest of the plant, had been completely untouched. How did this little plant get here she wondered, but what a wonderful sight it was. She gladly picked just a few of the ripe strawberries, not wanting to be greedy she left some for another fortunate creature. She took a bite of one and found it to be the most flavorful and sweet, truly the perfect strawberry if there ever was one. Not wanting to keep this winter blessing all to herself, she decided she would save some for the feast, an offering to the winter beast. (320 words)
Clementine Cloud

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✧ airplane. » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:06 pm

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PrincessAlexis » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:13 pm

PrincessAlexis #19227
    prompt:

With the festival coming to an end, it is nearly time for the feast to begin! As a growing boy, Amar absolutely LOVES food and will eat pretty much anything, however he has a special creation in mind to celebrate this event - something rich and hearty, to warm the bones of everyone in this chilly land as the winter begins to thaw out and melt away.

Amar has gathered fresh meat from trapping in the forest, and he's also pulled a few root vegetables and gathered wild mushrooms. There are sprigs of herbs to bring a few more hints of flavor to the meaty stew that he is planning to prepare. Fastening the apron to himself, he cleans his paws and gets to work chopping, peeling, and simmering the ingredients.

Egyptian Razorbacks!
NEW Artist Search ☆ Temporary Hiatus ☆ Our Discord!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageCheck Out My Characters! =)

☆ ☆ ☆ ImageImage Image☆ ☆ ☆

I'm looking for an artist to design a ribbon / rosette base for the Egyptian Razorbacks closed-species competitions. Willing to pay well depending on your skill level. Please PM me with examples of your work.
PrincessAlexis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:25 pm

Name and User ID: Griff 254592
Link to Sign-Up: Here!
Prompt:

Sunny pauses as he looks over the gathered ingredients. "That is a REALLY good question. I have never cooked with any of this stuff before. It just cannot be found where my family lives! But I wonder... OH! We did find a few eggs right? We have some herbs... plenty of veggies! I have got it!" He perks up, jotting down a plan onto a nearby whiteboard.

"SO! First we are going to make an awesome appetizer! It will be a quiche, with fresh eggs, herbs we picked from the nearby garden, and spinach! What? I tried it earlier and it is actually pretty good with cooked! So, that is one down! Next with the fruit we found we will be making a smoothie! You cannot go wrong with a smoothie! Beside this, the savory components will be simmered together in a big pot as we create a soup! Yes, soup! This herbs come into play again, and we can put darn near anything it it! Especially those potatoes we dug up, yum yum! As for dessert... oh! We will make a simple fruit tart with some of the fruits we found that did not go into the smoothie? Sound good? Alright, here we go!"

[205]
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:29 pm

username: Ucanthandleme
link to sign-up: X
Prompt: Naturally he brings a dessert with coffee... tiramisu.

P1 + P2 + P3 + P4 + P5 + P6 + P7 + P8 + P9 + P10 + P11

☆-------☆
Credit: Toyhouse
☆----------------☆
Storages:
My Kalons
For trade kalons
My kels
Profile avatar by m0thmonster
Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
Characters are owned by me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
☆-------------☆
Ucanthandleme

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:59 am

username + ID. elf_of_the_hollow / 352032
        link to sign up post. here
        prompt. What dish does your Kalon make to bring to the end of festival Feast? [ 248 ]

asuka was pretty thankful that yuki wasn't letting him go just yet, despite his pretty limited experience with cooking. he hadn't found too much after the dandelions and the mushroom, just some ramps that he thought might come in handy, but he was right in assuming that yuki's finds would be much more impressive. he'd managed to get a few different varieties of mushrooms, morels and oysters alongside another puffball, as well of a few of his own ramps, and even some wild asparagus. asuka thought his finds were not only pretty impressive, but also that they would work well in a nice mushroom stew that just so happened to be one of asuka's favorite meals.

they got to it right away, washing and cutting their foraged ingredients, and getting out any additive ingredients they would need. asuka grabbed a sack of potatoes, pulling out a few good sized ones to wash and peel. he read up on how to properly prepare all of the different mushrooms they had found and went through the proper processes to get them ready. following the recipe they had pulled, asuka cooked the mushrooms and prepared the stew base using some olive oil and tomato paste. it was a pretty simple and easy to follow recipe, all things considered, and in no time it was done. asuka was pretty pleased with the end result, and it seemed like yuki was as well. this would be perfect for the end of festival feast!
    elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby shortstop » Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:58 am

username + id: shortstop + 201714
    sign-up post: here
    prompt: [287 words]
    Dion was beyond excited to help take part in the grand feast. As she looked down at the oyster mushrooms that she had collected, however, she realized that she didn't really know what to do with them. She had never really cooked by herself before, at least anything that wasn't baking. She had certainly never made a dish using ingredients foraged in the forest. So Dion did what any young person would do in such a situation.
    She called her parents.
    "Oyster mushrooms?" Hakim asked, and Dion could hear Tori humming in thought beside them. "I think you have plenty of options. Mushrooms can go in pretty much anything."
    "Is there anything that's kinda easy?" Dion responded, hopefully that her parents would have some good ideas. "I'm not exactly an expert chef."
    "You could try garlic butter mushrooms," Tori suggested, and Hakim made a noise of agreement. "That's pretty easy, and it only takes, like, four or five ingredients."
    Dion's excitement rebuilt. A dish that was tasty and relatively easy to make? That sounded just perfect to the Kalon.
    "Thanks, guys," she said with a grin. "I'll send pictures when I'm done."
    "You just focus on having fun," Hakim replied calmly.
    "But please send pictures," Tori cut in. "Your siblings will want to see."
    "I will. I promise," Dion said with a nod before saying goodbye and hanging up the phone.
    She exited her room and went back downstairs to get started on her dish. She gathered up her oyster mushrooms, some garlic butter, and a large pan to cook it all in. It wasn't long until the whole kitchen began to smell like delicious, sautéed garlic.
    Those who attended the feast were going to love this.
    we do the best we can with what we have
    ┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    toyhouse
    flight rising
    arpg storage
    discord: shortstop.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
    previously shadow9119 (2011-2021)
    shortstop

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby dragonstars » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:16 am

Username & Id: dragonstars+865902
    Sign-up post: Boop
    Prompt:
    Soup :)!
    Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby lovestruck » Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:17 am

username + ID. Lovestruck / 769341
        link to sign up post. here
        prompt.

Genevieve knew immediately what she would make with the stunning wild berries she’d found. They’d make for the perfect pie filling! Yes, a warm, gooey wild strawberry pie… Genevieve drifted off fantasizing about the delectable treat. The task would call for the use of a step stool for the short kalon, for she could barely reach the top shelves in the kitchen even with the lift. Genevieve pulled out sugar, cornstarch, shortening, flour… if only she’d had a pre made pie crust, this would be quite a bit easier for her. She’d nearly toppled over trying to reach the sugar. Despite her height challenges, Gen had set her mind to the task and wouldn’t quit now. She started by chopping the strawberries, then mixing them with the cornstarch and sugar to make the filling. Genevieve took a spoonful of the mixture to her lips, and after tasting her work a wide smile spread across her face. It was perfect! The wild strawberries had a much more vibrant taste than anything storebought. Gleefully, Genevieve moved onto the crust, careful not to over knead the dough. Making pie crust is such a delicate balance, and the smallest mistakes can make a worlds difference in the consistency. After finishing the dough, Gen filled the crust and popped the pie into the oven. Soon, tantalizing aromas filled the kitchen. Gen knew the treat would be perfect for the occasion, and she found herself glad she’d gone foraging (despite having to wake up so early).
    lovestruck

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me