My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ❆ [ Kalon Winter Fest Prompts ]

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:10 am

username + ID. elf_of_the_hollow / 352032
        link to sign up post. here
        prompt. What edible things does your Kalon find while foraging in the woods? [ 238 ]

it didn't take a lot to get asuka to head out into the woods, and certainly yuki's idea did the trick. he was taking nearly every opportunity to get out of the inn, away from town - from joaquin. asuka hadn't seen joaquin in a few days, so he couldn't even be certain he was still around, but he didn't want to chance another encounter. he'd spent enough time stressing about joaquin's presence to actively go looking for him.

asuka searched around diligently for edible things, which he was not particularly adept at finding, given he'd never gone foraging even once in his life before now. yuki had, thankfully, brought along an identification guide for them to reference, which would hopefully be enough to prevent them from grabbing anything poisonous. asuka made sure to only grab things that he was one-hundred percent certain were safe to eat.

he'd only found one puffball mushroom and several dandelions so far, and he was certain yuki had found more than him. even so, he was content enough with what he already had, and if he hadn't been avoiding heading back to town he would probably call it there. he imagined that yuki would probably want to head back though, given the somewhat time-sensitive nature of their little mission, so he went to search for him. he would have to come up with some other excuse to leave town after this was done.
    elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby captain dude » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:06 am

captain dude wrote:User: captain dude 1003555
    Sign-up:Caedon
    Prompt:

https://imgur.com/a/10o0omZ
    “Uhhhh... Yuki? Does it HAVE to be this one? Pretty sure it’s poisonous...”
    captain dude

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby shortstop » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:28 am

username + id: shortstop + 201714
    sign-up post: here
    prompt: [253 words]
    It was early in the morning when Dion was summoned outside to help gather ingredients. This was a very exciting prospect for the young Kalon, and so she eagerly set off with the rest of the group. It was only once the sun was fully risen and Dion was under the shelter of the forest trees that the Kalon realized that she really had no clue what she was looking for.
    Luckily, their guide had come prepared for just that situation. The little Kalon handed out some guide sheets to aid them in their search. Dion looked over it closely. It seemed to be a remarkably detailed list of common food items that could be found in the forest. It even had little diagrams. Dion carefully put the list in her pocket and then got to work.
    The mushrooms seemed as though they would be the best thing for a beginner like Dion to forage. She pulled the list back out and then picked out a mushroom to look for. They were called oyster mushrooms, and the diagram on the list made them look kind of cute. Dion started looking low to the ground, setting off on a mushroom adventure.
    When she returned to the group, Dion had a large handful of mushrooms to show for her efforts. She was quite proud of them, and smiled as she gently placed them in the communal collection basket. Now all she had to do was wait for the feast. What role would her mushrooms play?
    we do the best we can with what we have
    ┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    toyhouse
    flight rising
    arpg storage
    discord: shortstop.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
    previously shadow9119 (2011-2021)
    shortstop

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Ucanthandleme » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:03 am

username: Ucanthandleme
    link to sign-up: X
    Prompt: "Are you sure those are edible?", "I mean they certainly wont bite you... I think", Chaos said.

P1 + P2 + P3 + P4 + P5 + P6 + P7 + P8 + P9 + P10

☆-------☆
    Credit: Toyhouse
    ☆----------------☆
    Storages:
    My Kalons
    For trade kalons
    My kels
    Profile avatar by m0thmonster
    Sig art by stan. + Niluna + Morisakisan
    Characters are owned by me.
    Image ImageImageImageImageImage
    ☆-------------☆
    Ucanthandleme

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby fisht3a » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:28 am

username + id: fisht3a #655686
    link to sign-up: here
    prompt:

Themis found garlic mustard which is great to pull up while foraging because it's invasive and delicious!
    hi there! you can call me fish, tea, etc.~
    (FallenPegasus former username from 2014-Oct. 2021)
    she/her
    toyhouse
    art fight
    all art in sig by me
    fisht3a

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:00 pm

Username: WitchHazel
    Link to sign-up: here!
    Prompt: What edible things does your Kalon find while foraging in the woods? [276 words]
    Solomon wanted to say no to foraging. Though they generally enjoyed walking in the woods, the idea of tagging along with a group of kalons looking for edible plants and fungi wasn't exactly their style. But how could they say no to Yuki's face? The kit seemed enthusiastic, Solomon would give him that. As for how much Yuki actually knew about edible plants and fungi... perhaps it was best to run everything by Kip and Gabe before the start of the feast.

Almost as soon as they entered the forest, Solomon peeled off from the group to take the road less travelled by. Or, at least, that's how they put it in their mind. In actuality, they left the path entirely and wandered into the forest. Though they knew the foraged food was for the feast, Solomon's expertise lay within herbs, not necessarily other food items. Was that a delicious puffball mushroom or a toxic death cap? Those bright red berries on that bush were definitely poisonous, at least. Eventually, Solomon decided to stick to what they were good at, and started a search for wild plants. Juniper berries were the first to catch their eye - though not technically an herb, Solomon knew them well enough. Burdock was soon to follow, though they got some burrs tangled in their fur while harvesting the roots. Some acorns were collected beneath a lone oak. More treasures of the forest were gradually added to the basket, with no thought as to the time until the sun was high above the trees. They had been out alone in the forest for hours, they realised. I should best be heading back.
    WitchHazel

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby dragonstars » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:11 pm

Username & Id: dragonstars+865902
    Sign-up post: Boop
    Prompt:
    Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby SolarSam » Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:24 pm

Username: SolarSam + 836917
    Sign-up: x
    Prompt:
    Sterling found some mushrooms!
    SolarSam

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby lovestruck » Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:52 pm

username + ID. Lovestruck / 769341
        link to sign up post. here
        prompt. What edible things does your Kalon find while foraging in the woods?

Genevieve was certainly not happy about being awake so early, especially not when she was being dragged into the woods. Of course, Gen was too kind to deny the jubilant kit’s wishes, so she followed along, trying her best to appear happy about their trek.
          Genevieve was a bit hesitant to wander off- who knew what lurked in these woods. Genevieve’s love for animals unfortunately did not encompass spiders, snakes, and anything else that could cause her harm. She was sure all of the above were abundant in the untamed brush that surrounded her.
          Finally, Gen worked up the courage to look around a bit. Reluctantly, she entered the darker part of the forest, shaded by large overarching pines. She walked around for what felt like forever, before a flash of scarlet caught her eye. “Hm- what’s this?” Gen whispered to herself, kneeling down to examine her find. Glistening wild strawberries, scarlet red with soft puffy white blooms lay nestled within the grass. With a triumphant grin, Genevieve gently plucked the berries from the plant, ensuring she didn’t harm its foliage, and trotted off to find Yuki. Perhaps the find had been worth coming all the way out into these miserable woods- although Genevieve would certainly be looking for some coffee next.
    lovestruck

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me