Re: ❆ [ Kalon Winter Fest Prompts ]

Postby persimmon » Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:59 am

username + ID: persimmon + 394121
    Prompt Response:

Uliana orders a hot herbal tea with milk in it and lots of sugar on the side.
ImageImageImageImage

Hello ! Feel free to call me persimmo, persimmon, or whatever you'd like ^^ I'm pretty shy, but feel free to pm me if you ever want to chat or ask me about something c:

THmy kalonsart IG

ImageImageImageImage
    ❀avatar and signature art are by me❀
persimmon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ✧ airplane. » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:08 pm

Prompt Seven is closed now! The Polar Espresso really does have some great treats~

Prompt Eight is now up!
    Which is the superior season, Winter or Spring?

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:31 pm

Username and ID: Griff 254592
Prompt:

Sunny grinned a slight. "Now that IS a good question!" he ponders. "And you know, before this entire adventure that answer would have come easy to me! After all I come from a tropical climate, where spring brings all kinds of amazing flowers, plants, smells... and winter tends to be a sort of sad barren affair. But here... here I have learned the fun winter can bring! The unique things, treats, people, adventures, experiences... it really has been eye-opening!" He gestures wildly as he explains this, fueled by perhaps one too many cups of coffee. And cocoa. And whatever else he tried form the cafe! (Which was a bit of everything!)

He takes in a deep breath to steady himself, realizing his energy was going in all directions. "...I have to admit. I kind of like winter now better. I mean, so many things happen this time of year I was never even aware of! The creatures, the unique songs, the campfires... the new friends. I would have missed out on all of that before, and been a lesser kalon for it. But thanks to everyone here, now I know better. Yeah I think winter is going to win this one! I know, weird to say from a guy named Sunny eh?"

[212]
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quiche cat! » Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:52 am

username + id: quiche cat! + 430690
    signup: boop
    prompt: What season does your Kalon prefer, Winter or Spring? Why?

a small, knowing smile crept onto éowyn's lips as he gazed out the window. something was coming... spring! the stillness in the air and the blueness of the skies was a telltale of the new season to come. he couldn't wait to see all the flowers in bloom this year! he wondered if this village looked as gorgeous in the warm weather as it did under a layer of snow.

the kalon propped his elbows on the windowsill as he watched a few children race around in the bright, morning light, their giggles loud enough to be heard through the window. as much as he loved all the seasons, each for their own special qualities, éowyn couldn't help but admit that he was always most excited for spring. winter was chilly (being hairless, he always had to bundle up) and summer was painfully hot, but spring was just right. fall followed close behind, with its cool temperatures and beautiful colors.

one of éowyn's favorite things to do in the springtime was to go around to various flower shoppes and admire all the varieties of flowers, especially their gorgeous arrangements. the dainty smell of them was absolutely magical, plus he loved rainbows, and flowers could be almost any shape and color you could imagine!

now he couldn't wait for the bees to start buzzing—it would be soon!
quiche cat!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grabby_Hands » Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:20 am

Username + ID: Grabby_Hands + 1030965
Sign-up: Sign up!
Prompt: What season does your Kalon prefer, Winter or Spring? Why?
"What's my favorite season, huh?" Ibuki tilted his head, making a little sigh as he looked out the window to the snow. "I don't know. Spring, I guess? It's got nice flowers, and isn't nearly as cold as winter... I can be out longer then. I like the snow of winter, but I can't really enjoy it stuck inside the whole season."

Ibuki has always had a pretty poor immune system, making it hard to enjoy things like the rain or snow - He'd often end up sick after not even an hour outside those days, and never able to enjoy it. So, he wasn't a fan of Winter or Spring, as Winter had a lot of snow, and Spring had a lot of rain, but if he had to choose between the two... He'd prefer Spring over Winter anyday.
♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡
He/They | MLM - Transgender | Libra
Teddy - Adult - Oct 6
Can't have a rainbow without a little rain!

[TH] [Goatlings]
❀ PFP Credit! ❀
♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡
Grabby_Hands

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:05 am

username + ID. elf_of_the_hollow / 352032
        link to sign up post. here
        prompt. What season does your Kalon prefer, Winter or Spring? Why? [ 227 ]

asuka leaned out the window, closing his eyes as the breeze rushed over his face. the rush of air was enough to encourage him to grab a light coat and head out. to where he wasn't sure, but the weather was warm enough now that he could go for a nice walk - and he could certainly use one. he was confronted by the breeze again as he pushed open the door of the inn, which he found both refreshing and chilling. although it was starting to get warmer, it was still a bit too cold for asuka's tastes.

asuka had always liked the time of year when winter turned to spring, even as the dreary little child he'd been. something about the transition just felt nice. rejuvenating, even. he liked to see how nature reset itself, he supposed. seeing little blossoms on trees, tiny spring buds, melting snow; all of it was very comforting to him, in a way. it made him feel like he might do the same. be reborn, renewed. come back better and more alive. and, outside of the metaphor, he admittedly just liked taking walks in springtime best. winter was too cold, summer too hot. autumn was the only other time of year that could compare, but then, he preferred warmer weather. he hoped he would get as much in the coming days.
    elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby _silentsiren_ » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:15 am

Username & ID number: _silentsiren_ + 804746
      Link to registration on event signup thread: link

As if this whole trip wasn't making him sad enough, the thought of spring... A sigh escaped him as he looked at the white landscape, wishing he could go back to his lush gardens that were warm all year 'round. The winter wasn't all that bad but.. He furrowed his brows, missing his friends and frolicking in the flower fields in his free time.

Having his friends here made it somewhat more bearable but.. The blank white landscape was getting tiring on his eyes. Between the campfire stories of monsters and the every busy atmosphere of the place it kept him busy. He just wanted to relax back in his field, carefree and able to spend his days doing whatever he wanted.

Though... it hadn't been all bad.. Learning to endure a little snow every now and then with the company of others. His friends he was able to visit during his stay here, the snow ball fight... His face relaxed, a new appreciation for the warmth of spring. The new buds blossoming from the bushes. Ace could go home and relax in the warm sunshine, though, perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to visit every now and then.

[ 200 ]

╔══════════════╗
    .cat - they/she/he - parent.
    ╚══════════════╝
    about me:
    ° horror movie enthusiast!
    ° digital artist
    ° garfield enjoyer
    ° comfy clothes > anything else
    ╔══════════════╗
    |ask me about anything i like
    ╚══════════════╝
    ° collecting stickers/trinkets
    ° death note
    ° dead by daylight
    ° the walking dead !!!
    ° EVIL DEAD !!
    ╔══════════════╗
    . _silentsiren_ on discord !!!
    ╚══════════════╝

[ to-do ] [ request a comm ]
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    ▌║
    _silentsiren_

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby shortstop » Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:21 am

username + id: shortstop + 201714
    sign-up post: here
    prompt: [240 words]
    Dion opened the window in her room once she was awake the next morning. The breeze that blew in was just a little warmer than it had been the day before. Dion took a moment to breath in and enjoy it. Spring was definitely coming, though the Kalon had no idea how soon.
    Spring was nice, and Dion could definitely appreciate the warmth and new growth it provided. But winter was definitely the Kalon's favorite season out of the two. Coming from such a large family, winter was often when Dion finally got some time to herself. Days out were cheaper when the weather was bad, so Dion could afford to go out with the money she made from her allowance and other odd jobs.
    Additionally, the fashion was much more consistent in the winter months. Spring always brought a battle between thin clothes and thick clothes. Dion would be wearing a t-shirt and shorts one day, then jeans and a thick jacket the next. It got complicated quickly, and produced more laundry than Dion could keep up with.
    Winter was a lot easier. It was always fluffy coats and cute winter accessories. Dion especially loved the scarves. She had a lovely red one that she wore as often as she could, made of a soft material that her parents had bought when she was younger. She wrapped it around herself as she got ready for another day in Kalokairi.
    we do the best we can with what we have
    ┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
    toyhouse
    flight rising
    arpg storage
    discord: shortstop.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
    previously shadow9119 (2011-2021)
    shortstop

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:25 am

username: lex.
    What season does your Kalon prefer, Winter or Spring? Why?

Hibiscus prefers spring! As much as she loves the cold weather, knowing that spring is around the corner is something that puts a smile on her face every time. She loves tending to her flowers, and spring is the best time to plant some new flowers. Being able to get up early and fall back into that flower farming routine is something that she loves dearly.
    Lorelai on the other hand loves summer. However since there is no summer option, spring is the next best choice! Seeing her girlfriend so happy during the spring really puts her in a good mood. It's also the season where Lorelai spends her time getting things ready for the summer. Planning trips, helping Hibiscus with her summer plants and getting some cute accessories is all on the menu of things to do. Not to mention, where they live, spring is the rainy season. So it's really good for the plants! It also means they can spend plenty of time inside reading and watching tv.
    Regardless, they both prefer the warmer weather overall. Hibiscus loves a cool breeze, while Lorelai loves to feel the intensity of the suns rays on her fur to warm her up.

xx
    lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
      What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
      I'm gonna have some fun
      What do you consider fun?
      Fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
      With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
      There's no beginning and there is no end
      Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby SolarSam » Mon Apr 04, 2022 7:50 am

Username: SolarSam + 836917
    Sign-up: x
    Prompt:

"Most certainly winter."
    Sterling answers, with no hesitation at all.
    "I find it to be a nice and peaceful time. With everything covered in thick blankets of snow and the air so cold it turns your breath to vapour as soon as it touches it... it's beautiful, in my opinion.

I love watching the snow fall, too - most people probably wouldn't want to spend too long outside in such weather, but I rather like it.
    There's something so serene about it all... though I usually need a warm cup of tea afterwards. I am not quite immune to the cold, unfortunately.

Certainly prefer it to heat though..."
    He shudders, looking dismayed.
    "Ugh, I truly don't understand how so many others enjoy hot weather. It's terrible!"
    He clears his throat, slightly embarassed about raising his voice.
    "...Anyway, let's not dwell on such unpleasant things any longer. Where were we?"

"A yes, winter."
    Of course, it also gives me an excuse to stay inside my office all day, should I want to avoid my more... sociable colleagues.
    Something about freezing temperatures makes it much easier to brush them off and remain inside than the warm, sunny weather typical of spring."

He huffs a quiet laugh.
    "That, and I very much appreciate not being woken up by noisy birds every morning."
    SolarSam

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me