Re: ❆ [ Kalon Winter Fest Prompts ]

Postby ✧ airplane. » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:19 pm

Prompt Two is closed now! Maybe in the future your Kalon might get lucky enough for a fateful encounter with the cryptid~

Prompt Three is now up!
    Who's that making a mess in the kitchen?

✧ airplane.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lex. » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:37 pm

user; lex.
prompt;
Hibiscus eats a slice of pie as Lorelai watches on, gathering the courage to ask for a bite.

xx
lex // any pronouns // lion lover // 10/21
    What you gonna do when you get out of jail?
    I'm gonna have some fun
    What do you consider fun?
    Fun, natural fun

I'm in heaven
    With my boyfriend, my laughing boyfriend
    There's no beginning and there is no end
    Time isn't present in that dimension

-;; tom tom club

Lex.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby quiche cat! » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:42 pm

username + id: quiche cat! + 430690
    signup: boop
    prompt: There is that question again. Which one does your Kalon prefer?

"hi, yuki! it's nice to meet you!" éowyn was always, always excited to meet new people. and yuki was new, and bright, and seemed like such a nice kid-- éowyn knew a friend when he saw one! "I'm éowyn. I hope we can be friends!" as he said it, the kalon reached out to shake hands. they did handshakes here, right?

did the cryptid prefer pie or soup? "hmm... I don't know if I can make a good guess without meeting the creature first, but maybe..." éowyn tapped at his chin, seemingly lost in thought. but he wasn't much for thinking. he just said whatever came to mind. he pretended to get an idea, like a lightbulb blinking on above his head, as a smile spread across his face. "what if we put out a pie and some soup, and see what it chooses?!"

éowyn was already on his way to the kitchen, eager to get started on some scrumptious meals for the cryptid to test. "personally, I like pie. any pie. but I can definitely see mr. winter monster as a soup kinda guy!" diving into a kitchen drawer in search of an apron, éowyn glanced over his shoulder, hoping the small white kit had followed. he thrust an apron towards him. "let's get cooking!"
quiche cat!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WitchHazel » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:56 pm

Username: WitchHazel
Link to sign-up: here!
Prompt: Pie or soup, which one does your Kalon prefer? [242 words]
Solomon's tail swishes from side to side as they ponder the question in silence. "It does not matter much to me, as everything tastes like ash," they eventually reply. "It's a part of my curse, you see. I have no need for food or drink. It is as if my heart has simply lost the ability to find joy in such trivial matters. Some say it is the small things that matter most, however. The small pleasures in life. Many of which I cannot take part in anymore." A sadness tinges the shadows of their face, fleeting as a daylily's bloom. "Textures, on the other paw, are still palpable. Though I cannot appreciate the sweetness of a berry pie nor the savoury splendour of a chowder, the warmth remains. Both bring a different feel to the palette of the consumer. Both evoke different sensations within one's emotional centre. Both drag different memories to the surface of one's mind."
The dark-furred kalon pauses for a moment, realisation dawning upon their pensive visage. "Ah. I have been rambling again, apologies. To answer your question in a more concise manner, I could not choose between the two. Each dish is wonderful in their own unique way. Much like people, in a sense. I am unsure as to which a creature of the cold would prefer. Perhaps neither, as they are both dishes of warmth. If I encounter said creature, I will be certain to ask."
WitchHazel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Maringue » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:04 pm

Username: Maringue
Link to Sign-Up Post: Here!

Airina pondered over the question for a while. She thought over both options. She was conflicted over both options because they both had their pros and cons.

She thought over soup and how comforting it can be on a rainy day. She thought of the soup her friends would bring her at home when she got a bad case of swamp flu. The chicken noodle would cure every symptom she had and made all her worries go away, However, soup can be hard to make with all the ingredients and steps involved. The amount of time waiting and stirring for the perfect soup conflicted Airina's love for it.

On the other hand, Airina also really loved pie. Her favorite was a nice, warm slice of apple pie topped with vanilla ice cream after a filling meal. Pies also came in so many different flavors that you could even have them for dinner. They were relatively easy to make and she especially loved kneading the dough and it somehow comforted her.

After careful consideration Airina picked pie. Her mouth started drooling over the idea of the tart fruit center melting in her mouth. The idea of a slice of pie after dinner comforted her and she knew she made the right decision.

211/200

She/Her ♡ ENTP ♡ Pansexual

Signature Art © © | Toyhouse
ImageImageImageImage
Maringue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fisht3a » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:49 pm

username and ID: fisht3a #655686

prompt 3 - does you kalon prefer pie or soup?

Themis is a baker by trade and sweets lover at heart, so pie!
hi there! you can call me fish, tea, etc.~
(FallenPegasus former username from 2014-Oct. 2021)
she/her
toyhouse
art fight
all art in sig by me
fisht3a

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shortstop » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:09 pm

username + id: shortstop +201714
sign-up post: here
prompt: [252 words]
Dion was woken up the following morning to the smell of a delicious breakfast. She arose with a smile and put on a fresh winter outfit before heading downstairs. The main hall of the inn was bustling with hungry patrons. Dion began her mission to find food when a small kit ran across her path.
The kit turned to look up at Dion and grinned at her before asking a question and then moving on to another patron. Dion chuckled, pondering the question as she picked out what she wanted to eat.
The thought that the Winter Cryptid might have certain tastes in food made Dion smile. In terms of soup and pie, Dion sure knew what she preferred. Her adoptive parents were good soup makers. Hakim especially had a way of making even bland soups taste fantastic. But Dion would always be a desserts girl.
She had learned to bake even before she'd been adopted. It was a great way for her to destress, something she'd carried even into her late teens. Pies were an easy way to brighten up not only Dion's day, but everyone else's day too. Maybe a good pie would brighten the Winter Cryptid's day?
Then again, maybe soup would be better for a beast that lived out in the cold. Soups warmed you up from the inside, and could make even the worst weather tolerable. If Dion lived out in the wilderness like the Winter Cryptid did, then she was sure that she'd prefer the soup.
we do the best we can with what we have
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
toyhouse
flight rising
arpg storage
discord: shortstop.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
previously shadow9119 (2011-2021)
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:17 pm

username + ID. elf_of_the_hollow / 352032
        link to sign up post. here
        prompt. There is that question again. Which one does your Kalon prefer? [ 208 ]

within a second of hearing the question, asuka already knew the answer. obviously, the better choice was soup. how could pie ever compare to a warm bowl of soup on a cold winter's day? asuka, for his part, detested most sweets, so perhaps he was the teensiest bit biased - but to him it was clear that soup was the better choice in all circumstances. it was a considerably more portable food, and certainly easier to eat, and it was much easier to get right. after all, who hadn't been disappointed by a poorly made pie crust before?

he supposed there was something to be said for savory pies. he had to admit that he quite liked a well-made shepherd's pie, and chicken pot pies were nothing to sneeze at despite his distaste for chicken. but far and away most pies were sweet, and those that weren't could just as easily be a soup. just switch out the crust for broth and it becomes infinitely better.

asuka couldn't really understand why anyone would pick pie over soup, though then again, the two weren't really very comparable. well, either way, asuka was certain that if the beast was anything like he imagined it to be, it would definitely prefer soup.
    elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Schnuffel Bunny » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:56 pm

Username & ID number: Schnuffel Bunny + 352247
      Link to registration on event signup thread: ❄❄❄

Rin made his wife favorite dish, carrot soup.

Species Artist for:
    ImageImage

My most favorite things:
    ImageImage
    ImageImage
    Discord: Schnuffel Bunny#0531
    Pokemon Unite User: Schnuffel

If you feel like chatting, don't feel shy to PM me!
        kalons - chicoons - zeus
        ▶ Adult - She/Her - August 1 🎉

Schnuffel Bunny

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:18 pm

Furrydogs12 992378
    Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4711194&p=137932072&hilit=Furrydogs12+Kalon#p137932072

Sawyer loves the smell of warm soup after a cold winter day, the scent wafting from the soup to his nose. He likes all sort of soups, savory, sour, spicy…. All of the kinds he enjoys. Sawyer sometimes feels like pie can be a little dry and can make him thirsty, and if he doesn’t have some sort of drink when eating pie, he can’t eat very much and it makes the experience very unenjoyable. He’d much prefer nice soup any day, paws down. He’d assume the Winter Cryptid would also enjoy a warm soup like he does, though everyone has their own opinion and tastes, so maybe they won’t? He’d offer them some soup. If they don’t like it or don’t want it, he’d be okay with that and offer them something else… just not pie. He’d feel like pie is way to dry by itself, even for a large cryptid like the winter cryptid. The way it suck all the moisture from your mouth is unpleasant and weird. He’d chose soup over pie any day of the week, any week of the month, any month of the year… you get the point now… right? Soup all the way! (200 words)
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    fαƖƖѕ ιη Ɩσνє

OηƖу α тяυє ωσƖf
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Hello! My name is Furrydogs12, nice to meet you!
    I am a roleplayer, student, and artist.
    @linklinklink

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ωιтн тнє мσση
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██