Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

Postby wildsight » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:26 am

Day 13
Username: wildsight
Clan link: kingdom of khafra
Prompt:

Those of Khafra prepare for the coldest season by gathering prey, materials and various other supplies. Because they live in a desert, they begin this rather early as there aren't many resources one can find in a timely manner. Khafra also resides among anicent ruins, so enforcing the camp is of little worry to them, only tending to small repairs here and there.
wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nindroidzane » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:31 am

Day 13
Username: nindroidzane
Clan link: FrostClan
Prompt:

FrostClan cats are pretty well prepared for the cold all year round! Since the cold and snow are pretty much ever-present, cats have figured out how best to keep it out of their fur, and how to make nests that won't get too cold and wet too fast (soft and spongey pine needles are a go-to! Even if they can get a little prickly).
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mal du pays » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:40 am

Day 13
Username: Kris Dreemurr
Clan link: https://toyhou.se/Takura/characters/folder:2228196
Prompt:
"Are you sure everything is secured?" Triptych's tone was level as he quirked a brow, looking to the cat standing before him.
"Pretty sure." Font responded, in a similarly flat tone. "The dens should be reasonably contained and should withstand any snow... if we get any, anyways."
Triptych let out a sigh, shifting his forepaws against the stone he was sitting on. "Very well. Keep an eye on things as things get colder. Here's to hoping whoever is above keeps us warm during the winter."
Font turned to head away, hiding the roll of his eyes from the group leader. "I'll go speak with my children, now."
"Alright. Goodbye."
mal du pays

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:44 am

Day 13

username: nektar
    clan link: the groves
    prompt:
    ─ with extremely heavy snow fall during the first few moons of leaf-bare the tribe is well adapted to prepare for the onslaught of cold. the tribe prepares for the snow days by catching as much prey to fill the bellies of all those who need it, two night stalker patrols are sent out a night at the end of leaf-fall to stock pile prey before they disappear under the snow. during the snowfall mainly birds and squirrels are caught in the trees during the day, as the nights are freezing and windy, it would be impossible to get back to mother tree before succumbing to the cold.

─ markers are set out for those who venture far from mother tree like those of medicine cats. guardians help push out the snow and create tunnels around mother tree and places close to her. no cat is allowed to go out by themselves due to the dangers that the snow brings. without much cover wolves become a big problem during the winter, they come from the west and track through the groves every winter. many cats have been lost to them, the tribe has learned enough from the grief alone.

─ when prey becomes scarce the next best thing is the herb supply which is relatively well stocked year round, though the cold threatens it. the healers do their best to keep the herbs fresh for the members of the tribe in order to keep them healthy and strong. though when it gets low a healer with a guardian or two will make the trek to the green house to gather more herbs.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:00 pm

Tell us about a winter memory that one of your cats holds dearly.

Code: Select all
[center][size=115][u][b]Day 14[/b][/u][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Clan link:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b][/center]

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Day 13 has come to an end! See above for day 14's prompt (:

The following users have earned +10 EXP for participating in day 13 of Catvent:
    Vivika
    ~Arokai*Rokujo~
    bigfrog4231
    nio
    xem
    0zero0
    miraphoenix
    sushifoxx
    lovage
    jay.
    I like bees
    allynabean
    griff
    whovian5eva
    kennymcnenny
    tharmora
    /nyx.
    Deercan
    quirky;
    dascanadiansparkle
    bunnoblizzard
    wildsight
    nindroidzane
    Kris Dreemur
    nektar

User sushifoxx has also won a common edit!
Last edited by Swishy & Broken on Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Want some art?
Currently: drawing cats

❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:18 pm

Day 14
    Username: lovage
    Clan link: fogclan
    Prompt:
    it would have to be cinderkit’s first snow. when she stepped out of the nursery to see star like things coming down from the sky, she was scared yet curious. it took a bit and some reassurance from her clanmates but she took it in stride with snow. she got the feel of it and some fogclan snow games which ended up making her love snow. despite the cold weather, she played all day in her first snow of leafbare. that is her most cherished memory of this season.

[89 words]
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:18 pm

Day 14
Username: Griff
Clan link: https://toyhou.se/griffhighwind/charact ... er:2507939
Prompt: Emberstar hummed softly to himself, looking over his growing clan. Cats from all walks of life were here, and even a kit or two. But his mind still would wander, back to his original home. It had been Winter, and his family had given him a new string with feather toy to play with. Their child happily tossed the feathers about, and he danced with it! As things wound down, they grabbed him a pack of snacks, and gathered to watch cheesy holiday movies. He understood none of it of course, but had enjoyed simply relaxing in his family's laps, belly full of good snacks after an exhausting day of play.

Those days were long gone now of course... but he would never forget them even as hard as he tried.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I Like Bees » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:58 pm

Day 14
Username: I Like Bees
Clan link: The Travelers
Prompt:

Tell us about a winter memory that one of your cats holds dearly.

Snow's favorite winter memory is of the day she arrived, in the middle of an empty, snow-filled land, with nothing in sight for miles. She walked and walked to try to find shelter, and eventually collapsed from the cold and exhaustion. If the Travelers hadn't found her, she would have died (though she knows now that that wouldn't have mattered much in the long run). While the experience was difficult, what she remembers most about that day is the warmth she felt when she was found -- both in her fur as they all huddled near her to warm her up after her snowy adventure, and in her heart when she knew that this group was going to accept her as one of their own.

[ 124 words ]
Stars Bagel TH hi
they/them CDT
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kennymcnenny » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:30 pm

Day 14
Username: kennymcnenny
Clan link: Glacialclan
Prompt:
“Dad! Quick!” a small yowl sounded from outside the makeshift den he and Kestrelcall had been making over the past few days, and Moose woke with a start, jumping ot their paws and rushing outside to find witch of his kits had yowled for him.

Moose paused as he watched a giggling Bear run past him, Sun chasing him through the snow, and a Kestrelcall watching with amusement as Mouse and Fawn climbed over his shoulders.

“Daaad! She’s going to eat me!” Bear wailed, scampering for Moose once he had stepped outside the den, launching at his father and managing to clamber onto his back. Moose hissed but let their son climb onto him, laughing as Sun glared up at her brother.

“She wasn’t going to eat you, kiddo, I promise.” Moose purred, gently shaking Bear off of their back and licking between his ears. “Play nice, Sun.”

“Okay, dad.” Sun meowed, immediately pouncing on her brother and shoving him into the snow, to which Bear squealed and started batting at his sister with his paws, and eventually, the two of them were rolling across the frozen ground, nearly bumping into Kestrelcall’s paws. Moose shook his head and padded over to his partner, pressing his side into Kestrel’s, enjoying the warmth of Kestrelcall’s long fur. Though he jumped as Mouse pounced onto his shoulders, hunkering down between his shoulder blades to stay warm.

“Good morning.” Moose meowed, smiling at the chorus of good mornings he got from Kestrel and two of his kits, the other two still rolling around in the snow, yowling and laughing and swatting at each other.

Everything was so peaceful right then and Moose was so content.

Though Moosestar was woken by prodding at his side, opening his eyes from where he was curled up with Kestrelcall, and he happily made room for their four kits to settle with them, keeping each other warm despite the chill outside the warriors’ den.
Kenny!! - He/him or It/its :9c

pfp art by Peachybats!!!
kennymcnenny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:59 pm

Day 14
Username: fruitbat
Clan link: Effale
Prompt: As a kit, Lycra was never cut out to be in the high order of Effale. She was rebellious, reckless and sarcastic: running a muck with the other younglings is what she did best. Her mother, the previous Oracle of Effale, was embarrassed and quite frankly ashamed of her uncontrollable kitten. Not even Lycras father, with his stern voice and muscular appearance, could intimidate her. There was no hope for the youngling- Effale would have to find a new Oracle when her mother was no longer able.
One of Lycras favourite memories as a kitten was the time she snuck out alone passed the borders of Castle Falgar and to the Serpent Streams, a collection of water channels from Falgar that looked like multiple snakes slithering on the surface. During winter these streams freeze over and become lifeless. It was told that not even the Effale cats prey go near these streams at winter, for there are many dangers, especially the cracking of ice. Being the daring and curious kitten she was, Lycra wanted to see this for herself. When she approached one of the streams, it was as previously told to her: completely frozen over by a thin layer of ice. Not a mouse was in sight, and the silence was deafening. Lycra smirked devilishly, lifting her tin kitten paw and placing it gently on the ice. "It doesnt seem that bad..." she muttered to herself as she proceeded to try and walk on the ice without slipping. The adrenaline kicked in (as it usually does when she does something she's not supposed to) and her pawsteps got faster and heavier. Soon enough, the ice beneath her was cracking, and Lycra found herself running across the frozen stream in an effort not to fall in.
Within a matter of seconds the young kit found herself stranded on the other side of the stream. The ice had completely caved in and the water was rushing like the running of bulls. She was absolutely puffed, her tiny heart beating so fast her breath couldn't keep up at times. It took a moment to process what happened, and then it clicked. There was no way back- she was surrounded by other streams and deadly pathways back home. How was she to get back to the castle? Her parents... what were they to think of her? The young kitten started to tear up, but before she could wail, a bright light appeared in the sky and flickered, as if it was trying to speak to her. Lycras eyes sparkled with awe as the celestial magic rained upon her, fixing the ice and making a safe path for the young kitten to trek along. It was a special event, one that made Lycra the true Oracle heir.
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me