Re: Stars • Warriors Survival Game • Explore

Postby Herding Cats » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:15 pm

Image Image

The sun now peeked out from its place of respite below the horizon. It was going to get hot, and so far the patrol had no luck in the traditional hunting grounds. Rainwhisker could sense her leader was becoming discouraged, although her pride would never allow her to vocalize a defeat of morale, her face gave it all away.
“It’s getting fairly warm, do you think we should…” Mothstar began, obviously attempting temptation into a regrettable return to camp. Rainwhisker shook her head.
“Let’s head down to the river! A splash in the water might do us both some good. I’ve seen some fish upstream the north rapids. We might even fish up an early lunch?” Rainwhisker shouldered Mothstar, as if her energy could be tangibly exchanged.
“Ah, if you can stomach the taste of those slimy beasts, I won’t say no,” Mothstar conceded easily.
The pair kept to the shade as they trekked northward, conversation remained sparse, as the two were more preoccupied in keeping their ears forward and their noses keen to prey.
“Do you visit the river often?” Rainwhisker probed after considering her previous response to be tinged with unduly hostility towards perhaps the most useful facet of the landscape. Rainwhisker herself had grown up in the valley to the north where cats of all creed relied on the river for sustenance. Rainwhisker found it difficult to imagine a life without the river. What could Mothstar possibly drink without it?
“Oh, no. Of course when the heat gets the best of me I dip my paws in, but I remember all too well the spring floods. Well, in my case I suppose it’s spring flood, singular. The last memorable one happened when I was a kit. Back then I lived with the twolegs, but I saw how it affected the cats who fled to the twoleg park. They lost their homes.” Mothstar spoke freely about her past and fears, which came as a pleasant surprise to Rainwhisker.
“I’ve heard tales of the havoc, but I have also heard that perhaps the flood is the cause of the lush vegetation.” Rainwhisker relayed a rumor she had heard from a few credible sources and several gossips, hoping for some kind of input from Mothstar, who offered only a shrug in reply.
The duo kept walking towards the river in silence, one with cautious optimism and the other’s entirely unbridled.
[ 400 words ]

--cats on patrol
Mothstar | HP 100% | HUP 0%
Rainwhisker | HP 100% | HUP 0%
--level 0
experience: 36

--inventory
prey | # of FP | x0
prey | # of FP | x0
prey | # of FP | x0

Alder bark | usage | x1
herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
--items in inventory used
N/A
Herding Cats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoVoyd » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:44 pm

+20 exp for writing 108 words
+10 exp for patrol sent
+10% hunger gained
Despite how late she was out, Lilystar still managed to catch some prey still outside its den. +1 Mouse (2FP), +2 exp
Even in the darkness, Lilystar still managed to find some herbs. +1 Coltsfoot, +1 exp

total:
+33 exp | +10% hunger | +2 fp | +1 Coltsfoot | level 1 (166/200 exp)

+20 exp for writing 115 words
+10 exp for patrol sent
+0% hunger gained (1 fasting posts remaining)
A little fish in the stream caught her eye and Toad stuck her paw out to catch it. +1 Small Fish (2FP), +2 exp
Wow, the bushes were full of herbs! Featherstar grabbed some to take with her. +1 Dock, +1 Burnet, +2 exp
Oh no! Toad picked up the scent of a rogue group. Predator sighted

total:
+34 exp | +0% hunger | +2 fp | +1 Dock, +1 Burnet | level 0 (69/100 exp)

Herding Cats wrote:

+25 exp for writing 400 words
+10 exp for patrol sent
+0% hunger gained (1 fasting posts remaining)
Despite the previous fish sightings upstream, neither cat was able to find more than scraps.. +1 Scraps (1FP), +1 exp
There didn't seem to be many herbs around, but thye still managed to grab some. +1 Stinging Nettle, +1 exp
Oh no! Mothstar and Rainwhisker picked up the scent of a rogue group. Predator sighted

total:
+37 exp | +0% hunger | +1 fp | +1 Stinging Nettle | level 0 (73/100 exp)

EchoVoyd

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:57 am

[i think i should have lost 60% hunger for using 2FP, so thats how i changed my stats, but let me know if im getting this wrong]

With his belly full, lying on the warm rock and enjoying the sun rays, Blue didn't feel like engaging with the fox anymore. Making friends has not gone well for him today. First the cricket, then the badger. One day, he might try again, but that was a task for the future. He stretched, scratching the hard stone surface with his claws, lay his head on his paws and lazily observed the animal. There was a flock of seagulls nearby, making lots of noise and fighting over some scraps, like they always did. He wondered if they noticed the fox.

[ 100 words ]

--cats on patrol
Bluecloud | HP 100% | HUP 4%
--level 1
146/200 exp

--inventory
shrew | 2 FP | x3
scraps | 1 FP | x2
baby bird | 2FP | x2

Mint | usage | x2
Deadly Nightshade | usage | x1
Raspberry Leaves | usage | x1
Stinging Nettle | usage | x1
Deathberries | usage | x2
Alder Bark| usage | x1
Stick | usage | x1
Hawkweed | usage | x1
Celandine | usage | x1
Daisy Leaf | usage | x1
Catmint | usage | x1
---

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Andromeda » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:47 am

------------------
+20 exp for writing 100 words
+10 exp for patrol sent
+10% Hunger Gained
------------------

Bluecloud, despite lazing about, manages to slam his paw down on a bright green dragonfly that had lands near him.
+1 FP | +1 Dragonfly | +1 exp

The tom reaches his paw over the edge of the rock and begins to pluck several of the herbs growing at its base.
+1 Poppy Seeds | +1 Lavender | +1 Goldenrod | +1 Chickweed | +4 exp

The fox paws at the ground and removes a rabbit carcass he had buried earlier. He lifts his head, ears perked, and darts off through the long grass.
Predator has left.

------------------

Totals
+35 exp | +1 FP | Level 1 (181/200 exp)
──-───────────
She/Her
I love cyan and space and narrative video games

───────────-──
███░██████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────────────

Chat with me about literally anything..
Life is Strange 2, COD, Smite, AC, Mass Effect
DC > Marvel

───────────────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
My Stables
Kibbins
coding credit

───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████
Andromeda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I Like Bees » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:27 am

Frogstar opened an eye, glaring angrily up at the treetops. The stupid leaves had let a ray of sunshine through, and it had been shining directly onto his face, waking him up and burning his eyes. Why couldn't the trees be more cooperative? The tom stood and stretched, blinking to clear the bright spots from staring too close to the sun. He padded a few steps forward, paying little attention to where he stepped, and a sharp pain shot up his leg.

"Owww!" Frogstar exclaimed, pulling his paw towards his chest and hopping a little ways away. He glared down at the thorn, now lodged in his paw, and gritted his teeth. He was a cat; he hunted all the time; there was no reason for his own blood to make him queasy. Frogstar squeezed his eyes shut, and pulled the thorn out. The pain faded away within moments.

With that out of the way, it was time to keep travelling. His dream had told him to follow the water, but he had yet to find anything more than puddles and dewdrops since leaving his home territory. Perhaps today his luck would improve?

As the tom hopped over a fallen branch, his ears twitched, picking up on the faint sound of... something. It sounded as though it could be water, but the noise was so faint, it was difficult to be certain. Logically, it wasn't worth following, especially since all the prey scents were in the other direction. Still, Frogstar had already put a lot of faith in this mysterious 'StarClan' -- changing his name, leaving behind his home, following the non-existent water -- what could a little bit more hurt?

Frogstar trotted off in the general direction of the sound, hoping he would stumble across something to eat along the way. His stomach grumbled in agreement.
[ 305 words ]

--cats on patrol
Frogstar | HP 100% | HUP 0%
--level 0
experience: 0

--inventory
prey | # of FP | x0
prey | # of FP | x0
prey | # of FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
N/A
Stars Bagel TH hi
they/them CDT
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Andromeda » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:16 am

I Like Bees wrote:

------------------
+25 exp for writing 305 words
+10 exp for patrol sent
+0% Hunger Gained (2 Fasting posts remaining)
------------------

Frogstar was able to catch a water vole scurrying through some ferns, water must be close!
+2 FP | +1Water Vole | +2 exp

The thick foliage also gave way to a sweet scent and the tom was able to pick out some blackberry leaves.
+1 Blackberry Leaves | +1 exp

------------------

Totals
+38 exp | +2 FP | Level 0 (38/100 exp)
──-───────────
She/Her

───────────-──
███░██████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

DC > Marvel

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
My Stables
Kibbins
coding credit

───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████
Andromeda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I Like Bees » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:19 am

Frogstar was satisfied with his catch. The water vole would make a great meal, and it meant the water he was searching for must be closer than he had thought. He contemplated eating it then and there, but was afraid he might lose track of the sound of running water. He wasn't too hungry yet anyways. The tom trotted through a row of bushes, and discovered a small, bubbling spring, surrounding by moss-covered rocks and the occasional slug.

It was.. surprisingly peaceful. To be honest, Frogstar had been expecting a rushing river, or maybe a dramatic waterfall. He shrugged. At least he had found what he was searching for. The tom picked up his water vole, along with some black berry leaves (you never knew when those might be useful), and set out to follow the stream the spring formed. If he was lucky, he might even find his new home before nightfall.
[ 153 words ]

--cats on patrol
--level 0
experience: 38

--inventory
water vole | 2 FP | x1
prey | # of FP | x0
prey | # of FP | x0

blackberry leaves | bee stings | x1
herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0
N/A
Stars Bagel TH hi
they/them CDT
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Andromeda » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:31 am

I Like Bees wrote:

------------------
+20 exp for writing 153 words
+10 exp for patrol sent
+0% Hunger Gained (1 Fasting posts remaining)
------------------

What amazing luck! Another water vole tried jumping down its hole between two mossy rocks but Frogstar was much too quick for it!
+2 FP | +1 Water Vole | +2 exp

There was quite a bit of plant life thriving at the water's edge and Frogstar was able to gather some before continuing his journey!
+1 Watermint | +1 Mallow Leaves | +2 exp

Suddenly, however, the strong stench of a fox hit the tom's senses!
Predator sighted.

------------------

Totals
+34 exp | +2 FP | Level 0 (72/100 exp)
──-───────────
She/Her

───────────-──
███░██████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

DC > Marvel

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──-───────────────
My Stables
Kibbins
coding credit

───────────────-──
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
███░██████████████
Andromeda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I Like Bees » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:35 am

Frogstar was carrying two water voles now, along with a lot of hopefully-useful leaves. The tom knew he should probably eat one of the voles soon enough, but he was close. At least, he felt like he was close. Probably.

As Frogstar kept walking along, he lifted his muzzle, sniffing the air. There was something, a scent he couldn't quite place, but which bothered him. Something bad. The tom gently placed his prey on the ground, following his nose through a clump of ferns. Frogstar peered through the plant's fronds, and noticed a fox sniffing the ground nearby. It wasn't very close, but it was certainly close enough.

Frogstar rushed back to the prey he had dropped, grabbed it again, and picked up the pace. He couldn't afford a run-in with a fox right now. Besides, the fight wasn't necessary; this was the fox's home, not his. He'd fine his home.. soon.
[ 152 words ]

--cats on patrol
--level 0
experience: 72

--inventory
water vole | 2 FP | x2
prey | # of FP | x0
prey | # of FP | x0

blackberry leaves | bee stings | x1
watermint | bellyache | x1
mallow leaves | bellyache | x1
N/A
Stars Bagel TH hi
they/them CDT
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clarke, » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:22 am

CATS OF THE RAINFOREST...
Cherrystar flicked her ear irritably as Rowanspark tumbled down, rather ungracefully, the large leafy branches of the jungle. To the calico's surprise, the jumper suffered only a wounded pride. "If you're to be a jumper, you have to know which branches will break!" Quipped Cherrystar, sitting peacefully atop a tree above Rowanspark. Her clan-member had jumped on a rotting branch, whilst Cherrystar knew the signs and settled on a stronger branch that could hold her weight.
"Not all of us we're born in the jungle," Rowanspark mumbled, flicking her tail crossly. The amber colored she-cat lowered her frame to the ground before leaping up and hooking her claws into the trunk of the tall jungle tree. From there she clawed her way up, until huffing, she sat next to her leader.
"Good." Cherrystar said. "But push yourself up with your back legs, don't pull yourself up with your front claws. You're going to be sore tomorrow," The bossy she-cat drew her paw over her ears before shaking off the residue of rain water from her fur. "Let's go hunting, if you haven't scared away all the prey for boa-lengths around."
Rowanspark flicked her tail at Cherrystar, showering her in rain water. The she-cat simply looked amused before swiping her ears and leaping off the tree branch. The two she-cats mimicked each others movements to create movement in the trees as little as possible. Being above trees, it was hard to detect rather or not they had cross clan borders. Especially with the lush overgrowth constantly changing with the seasons and rather, there was virtually no way to tell rather or not they had broken across clan lines. Thankfully, in the direction they were going, Cherrystar’s mate, Blossom controlled the beaches, so she wouldn’t pursue battle skirmishes with Jungleclan. As long as they stayed above the ground, the chance of fighting was slim.
[ 312 words ]

--cats on patrol
Cherrystar | HP 100% | HUP 0%
Rowanspark | HP 100% | HUP 0%
--level 0
experience: 48

--inventory
small fish | 2 FP | x1
prey | # of FP | x0
prey | # of FP | x0

herb | usage | x0
herb | usage | x0