Re: Kalon #859 - Day Dreamer

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:27 am

res
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cherrydoge » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:49 pm

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

╰ ☆ ╮
Username ;; cherrydoge
Name ;; Hoshiko
From Japanese 星 (hoshi) meaning "star"
and 子 (ko) meaning "child".
Gender ;; female

╰ ☆ ╮

Why are they tired? ;; Hoshiko stays up all night meditating, doing cleansing of objects that absorb negative energy. Along with creating her own candles with various scents that inspire her to astral project, and unblocking her chakras. Sometimes she reads up on the latest botany book, or tending to her succulents and other potted plants and house plants she has scattered around the house. Other nights she spends time making bags of charms to to ward off evil spirits from her home. Spiritual work is what she does best, especially at night. That's when they come out.
While the meditating helps her gain 'rest' and 'energy', it's not the true rest her body needs. Hoshiko is always full of energy, but the bags under her eyes show how truly tired she is.

What do they (day)dream about? ;; When Hoshiko does get the rest she needs, she often dreams about floating through the astral plane, or among the clouds. Feeling light and nimble, like she could rest atop a flower without putting a single dent in it. Often visiting the people she knows in their own dreams, or so she thinks. Maybe its all a dream and she does not know. Sometimes creatures visit her in her dreams, which can range from demons to incubi/succubi, to angelic beings to imps. There is no limit to what can visit her and what she can do when her spiritual body leaves her mortal physical body.
For the most part Hoshiko has control over her dreams. Sometimes she'll forget who she is, where she is and completely lose control of her night adventures, and everything spirals downhill and shes back into an REM sleep state, instead of fully aware of where she is and who she is.
During the day, her thoughts are filled with adventures to different planetary systems, or thinking of her garden full of succulents, to thinking about weaving baskets and making candles, just nice, daily 'chores' she does from day to day. If not her activities, her mind is all over the place. Thinking about her adorable white pet ferret named Joel, and what he might be doing at that moment, to what she plans to eat for lunch that day
Last edited by cherrydoge on Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
leaving. pm me if anythings important, i still get email notifs
cherrydoge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby startail;; » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:33 am

Username ;; startail;;
Name ;; Triva
Gender ;; female
Why are they tired? ;;
What do they (day)dream about? ;; (could be daydreams or legit dreams)

startail;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby root » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:59 pm

Username ;; ambient
Name ;; xers
Gender ;; male
Why are they tired? ;; xers spends a lot of time drawing
What do they (day)dream about? ;; (could be daydreams or legit dreams)

wip!!
root

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sighs_alot » Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:44 am

USERNAME ; Sighs a lot
NAME ; Luell - Meaning famous elf
GENDER ; Male

Why are they tired? ;; Fireflies; like miniature stars they hover through darkened forests lighting up the night. Luell has always been fascinated with stars, faeries, mushrooms, and basically all things that glow, so it's no surprise that he gravitates to the illuminated insects. "Don't follow the fireflies." A superstition that Luell's parents sadly believed in and regularly warned him about. "Although they are beautiful, they are full of deceit." However, the beckoning fireflies continued to haunt Luell, bringing about that fateful event.
It was an unusually cold summer night. The crickets sang as Luell made his way to the forest. He followed the fireflies for what seemed like miles. Whether he was hoping to find a fantasized hollow or some sort of mystic being he didn't know or care, the freedom he felt chasing these sentient stars was all he was after. The trees whizzing by. The cold wind freezing his face. The feeling of falling...and crashing. The feeling of freezing water rushing into gasping lungs. The roaring of the river that refracts the clear night sky so perfectly. The feeling of unwillingly breathing in the reflections of the stars you held so close to your heart. The feeling of choking on your own folly. Weightlessness.
Luell awoken on the bank of the river what seemed like hours later. He felt unusually fine considering what he had just endured. To his surprise the forest had sprung to life, what was once a quiet lonely forest was now filled with fauna. A snow white stag stood sentinel yards away from Luell, staring at him. The stag glowed in the night, his middle was strangely translucent and his fur seemed to dissolve at the edges. Luell watched the stag frozen in awe. But as daybreak warmed the forest once again the stag disappeared, and the forest fell silent.
Luell wakes every night at the Witching hour (3 am) searching for the stag, fireflies, home, and answers. "Why am I cold all the time? Why do I glow? Why can I see ghosts?" The daytime feels unnatural to him now, the sun twinges his skin if he stays out of the cover of shade for too long. After his midnight endeavors Luell finds it almost impossible to stay awake during the day, yawning with every sentence or dozing off in particularly boring moments. He wonders the forest in an endless purgatory. Soundlessly walking as plants pass through his semi-translucent body.

What do they (day)dream about? ;; refer to art ♡
Last edited by sighs_alot on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image.........

┌──────────────┐

................sighs
she/they | adult | queer | artist
nature, drawing, animals, video games,
food, plants, rain, cartoons, coffeeImage

└──────────────┘
sighs_alot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby barbatos. » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:49 am

Last edited by barbatos. on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
benny || he/they || adult || ♥ taken ♥
Image Image Image
ImageImage
my kalsavatar credit

i'm benny, and i'm a bit socially anxious but friendly!
i tend to stick to myself, but feel free to reach out! i don't bite!
my current interest is genshin impact, venti is the little blorbo from my shows
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪
barbatos.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiverice » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:14 pm

Username ;;
shiverice
Name ;;
shilo
Gender ;;
nonbinary
Why are they tired? ;;
shilo is tired because of their dreams. since they were a kit, they've had a recurring nightmare that robs them of restful sleep.
What do they dream about? ;;
it's quiet. the forest should never be this quiet.
shilo slowly stands, taking in their surroundings. just a few moments ago the forest had been a safe, peaceful place. birds were chirping, leaves rustling. now there was nothing. shilo takes a few steps forward, the leaves crunching under their paws breaking the deafening silence. a twig snaps and they spin around, searching for the source of the sound. they peer into the dark woods in front of them and, after a moment, they can just barely make out the shine of two eyes a few feet ahead. "hello?" shilo's voice echoes through the woods, bouncing off of the trees. a moment goes by and nothing happens; shilo begins to relax.
the relaxation doesn't last long. a shadowy black mass leaps out of the trees, growling in a threatening manner. shilo stumbled backwards, almost losing their footing as they began to run. they're sprinting through the forest, they can feel the shadow right on their tail. they begin to outrun the shadow, all of those childhood games of tag must have done some good. they continue to run but they feel more confident now. maybe they can escape this. there's a light ahead-- a clearing! they dash forward, eager to leave the forest. as soon as they reach the light they halt to a stop. a rocky gorge lies ahead; it's a cliff. they're stuck. they turn around just in time to see the shadow lunge at them.
---
Shilo bolted up in bed, eyes wide. They could feel their heart beating fast in their chest. They slowly looked around the room and sighed. This was the fourth night in a row they had had this dream.
Last edited by Shiverice on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Shiverice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SleepWalked » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:05 pm

mark
SleepWalked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:15 am

This babe officially closes at 3 PM cst for those of you who wanted to know! :0c
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Results are in folks! n v n

Winner is - trans -- !!
I loved the emphasis and vagueness of the dreams-- it seemed both clear and out there-- mysterious in the way dreams often are. I like how we learned some but... not too much, if that makes sense? The vague atmosphere really drew me in-- and overall the focus on the dreams drew me. // v // I found it interesting as a whole how he uses them as his escape, and how his real life is just a smudge in comparison.

RUs to - Sighs a lot - MotherMother - seedcakes

I had such an awesome experience with all your forms? They made me smile, they made me laugh-- I was so flattered to see the concepts you guys came up with! * v * If you want a RU please PM me! n v n Otherwise I will not know you're interested!

HMs to - diamondfox, Sandstorm814, Alihorse, Stargazing, cincil., 8RavenPhoenix8, KonanDimir, paper hats, Fyrvi, ThatDragonAdara, Dia., lord ren, wicke, cherrydoge, trans and rubixilam !!
Again that's quite a few HMs-- but man I really loved all your concepts! All you guys who tried out had interesting and creative forms-- I had fun reading! n v n You dudes totally deserve some recognition! Gah, all of you are really cool-- these forms were so creative and had so so much potential! ; v ; It was seriously hard to narrow it down at all,,,

Some of these forms were cute, others broke my heart-- but I was literally so impressed by the creativity of you all! * v * Thanks so so much for trying out and GL in future comps! Even if you're not mentioned here-- you rule! You were all absolutely awesome!

Once again-- you guys are super cool and I want to let you know that these were all stellar concepts-- literally every form had something lovely to it and it was a serious heart-ache to judge. xD If I had it my way, everyone here would win-- but y'all are winners in my heart. ; v ; Shoutout to you dudes and gl in future comps once again-- thank you for showing interest in my design!! I'm still very very flattered that you guys like my work,, I like yours too!
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery